Help me. My Synchronization Application does not work. MobileLink has no response.How to build a comminucation betwon my Palm Application and PC's MobileLink?

My develop environment:
  ASA 80.
  CodeWarrior 7.0
  PalmOS 3.5

  The example CustDB is working.
  I create a new database, Start a MobileLink service with it. It's working
too.
  Then I create a new project, use Embedden SQL. I try Synchronize it by
this way:
//////////////////////////////////
 bool TRacerDB::PalmExit( void )
{
        bool ret = false;
        ul_synch_info info;
        ULInitSynchInfo( &info );
        info.stream = NULL;
        info.stream_parms = STREAM_PARAM;
        info.user_name = USER_NAME;
        info.password = USER_PASSWORD;
        info.version = SCRIPT_VERSION;
        ret = ULPalmExit( &sqlca, &info );
        return ( ret );
}
///////////////////////////////////////
USER_NAME,USER_PASSWORD,SCRIPT_VERSION is defined the right already.
I call the procedure on AppStop(). It looks like work too. because the
ULPalmExit return 'true'.
But  when I run the applicaion, and use HotSync to Synchonize, the
MobileLink server has no response. Why?
How to build a comminucation betwon my Palm Application and PC's
MobileLink?
0
Adai_Lee
3/26/2002 5:44:34 AM
sybase.sqlanywhere.ultralite 2982 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I thing You I are wrong in the line where You wrote
'info.stream = NULL'. See ASA help on initializing *ul_synch_info*
structure and it will help you no doubt.

<Adai_Lee> ???????/???????? ? ???????? ?????????:
> My develop environment:
>   ASA 80.
>   CodeWarrior 7.0
>   PalmOS 3.5
>
>   The example CustDB is working.
>   I create a new database, Start a MobileLink service with it. It's
working
> too.
>   Then I create a new project, use Embedden SQL. I try Synchronize it by
> this way:
> //////////////////////////////////
>  bool TRacerDB::PalmExit( void )
> {
>         bool ret = false;
>         ul_synch_info info;
>         ULInitSynchInfo( &info );
>         info.stream = NULL;
>         info.stream_parms = STREAM_PARAM;
>         info.user_name = USER_NAME;
>         info.password = USER_PASSWORD;
>         info.version = SCRIPT_VERSION;
>         ret = ULPalmExit( &sqlca, &info );
>         return ( ret );
> }
> ///////////////////////////////////////
> USER_NAME,USER_PASSWORD,SCRIPT_VERSION is defined the right already.
> I call the procedure on AppStop(). It looks like work too. because the
> ULPalmExit return 'true'.
> But  when I run the applicaion, and use HotSync to Synchonize, the
> MobileLink server has no response. Why?
> How to build a comminucation betwon my Palm Application and PC's
> MobileLink?

0
Alexander
3/26/2002 12:23:17 PM
"Alexander Povalyaev" <povalyaev@progate.spb.ru> wrote:

> I thing You I are wrong in the line where You wrote
> 'info.stream = NULL'. See ASA help on initializing *ul_synch_info*
> structure and it will help you no doubt.

Actually, setting the stream to UL_NULL is fine (you should be
using UL_NULL instead of NULL, just for good coding practice).

Adai, did you configure a conduit for your application?
Is there any message in the HotSync Manager log?

Try the 8.0 docs:

UltraLite User's Guide
  11. Developing Applications for the Palm Computing Platform
  - Configuring HotSync synchronization

greg.fenton
--
Greg Fenton
Consultant, Solution Services

0
Adai

My remote site will not log-in or successfully create an account, it says 'RUNTIME ERROR' 'Server Error in '/' Application' (does work in local) PLEASE HELP! thanks
Hi, I have VB2005 and i made a form using the video from 'Get Started' and I used the default wizard (ie: Login, Create Account...) When i publish via frontpage i use 'FTP' first and then 'Frontpage or Sharepoint Services'. Note my host is ASP.net 2.0 enabled and Frontpage Server Ext. 2002... When i open my site www.thegamehouse.co.nz and go into create account, I create an account but when i click 'Create' it loads real slow for 10 secs then says the following: (Actual Error) Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the...

Can I Execute An ASP.NET 1.1 Application's ASPX Page By Using Server.Execute From An ASP.NET 2.0 Application's ASPX Page
Hi All,Can someone help on this?I have 2 ASP.NET applications, 1 built in 1.1 and the other on 2.0In 1 of the aspx pages in my ASP.NET 2.0 application, I do Server.Execute and call another aspx page which is part of the ASP.NET 1.1 application. On doing this, I get this error: Invalid path for child request. A virtual path is expected.Is there any solution for this except for using Response.Redirect (WHICH I CANT USE). If not then can someone suggest a wayout for this:Whenever a new user signs up in my ASP.NET 2.0 application, I need to create a new user in my ASP.NET 1.1...

Ambiguity between '_fastcall Application()' and 'Forms::Application'
Hi, (repeating a question first asked in another group) I have converted a lot of forms etc. from BCB5 to CB2009, and I created a small project each time to get that done, per form. All worked nicely. I now, after all preparations, took the big plunge, created a new project in CB2009 and added all files etc. Now, for all these VCL modules that use Application (for instance Application->ProcessMessages()) I get this error: [BCC32 Error] *.cpp(110): E2015 Ambiguity between '_fastcall Application()' and 'Forms::Application' Any idea why that is ? And how...

WebProject Error while Building > "The application's configuration files must contain 'trust' section"
Hi, I experienced a strange behaviour of my VS2005. I created a new Project using the Create --> New Website feature on the start page. Then the new WebProject is created, but as soon as I start my Build I get the Following Error: The application's configuration files must contain 'trust' section Here is the Build Output: -------------------------------------- ------ Build started: Project: C:\...\WebSite1\, Configuration: Debug .NET ------ Validating Web Site (0): Build (web): The application's configuration files must contain 'trust' section. Validation Com...

Accessing RAM of one PC in another PC's Application
Hi , I have a requirement in the fulfilment of my project.That is, i want to access another pc's RAM locations in my software application running in my PC.If any body know how to,please tell me the way. I need the technology which supports the above concept (Java,.net,delphi etc...). prabhasankar krishna a écrit : > Hi , I have a requirement in the fulfilment of my project.That is, i > want to access another pc's RAM locations in my software application > running in my PC.If any body know how to,please tell me the way. I > need the technology which...

Accessing Another Application's Application State
Does anyone know if it's possible for one application (App A) to access another application's (App B) Application State that resides on the same server? I don't know if it's possible (I suspect not, without some really ugly trickery), but I can say this: it's a really crappy design, and would easily run into a lot of issues.Tomas Restrepo [MVP]tomasr@mvps.org Well ouch! I know this isn't the best thing to try, but based on business rules I have to separate a security management and application maint. piece from the actual application. I need to unfortunately get/set some application va...

Application Unavailable, .aspx applications not working! Help, Please!
Whenever I make and run an .aspx application, this happens, but when I run an .asp application, it doesn't: Server Application Unavailable The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable. Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the system event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur. 1.) How do I get to the 'log entry'? 2.) A...

help me DNN2 Server Error in '/' Application ( althought it work well at local )
My DNN 2.1 still run well at locahost i have two alias portal name is : localhost localhost/english But when i try to install DNN 2.1 on a share hosting with 2 alias portal is : nhoveem.comnhoveem.com/english i get error :  Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the detai...

Getting Application A to notify Application B when it's done?
Ok, heres the scenario I have an ASP.NET application sat on the server. This creates a PrintBatch object and adds it to the database. On a local machine I have a windows service constantly polling a db to see if any new PrintBatches have been added to the queue, if there has, then it goes ahead and prints it. It then updates the PrintBatch on the server via a web service. Now, what i want is to notify the ASP.NET application that the PrintBatch has finished but aren't sure how to do it. I want to keep the web service clean, so i can reuse it in other projects, so i don't want to put...

Application to Application
Hi,  Curious on what different solutions there are for one application that is closing down to contact another application. I have the closing down applicaton sending something to the database and for the other application to monitor the database records, but I think that is a horrible solution. Another idea would be when the closing down application sends a message to the database for the database to then respond by sending a message to the other application, but that means the database would have to know where the other application is.  If possible, the security issue mak...

What's the application working dir?
In VB, you can use App.AppPath to determine the directory containing the executable, what's the equivalent in PB (is there one) ? TIA. Jared, I use an API to get the current directory, is this what you are talking about? This is in a function to get the current directory, then once gotten it sets an instance variable to the currentdirectory. Ulong lul_size = 260 // MAX_PATH Ulong lul_Rc String ls_CurrentDir ls_CurrentDir = Space (lul_size) lul_rc = GetCurrentDirectoryA(lul_size, ls_CurrentDir) if lul_rc > 0 THEN is_curdir = ls_CurrentDir return 1 e...

Share Web Application's database with Windows Application?
Hi, I have a web application that is running now factory wide. And, I am now developing a Windows Application for the production people to use. The problem is, how can I use the database on the Web Server without much security problem?What I am doing now is, make the database folder a Network Share, and then set my ConnectionString in the Windows Application to point to the database. I set the permission for the Network Share to Everyone has the permission to change and read.  Again, another problem: this will make the database available to everyone! Of course, we don't want this to hap...

Can't build web application with nested applications?
So, I'll be totally up front and admit that what we're probably doing is somewhat of a hack and so it's probably not going to be supported, but I figured I'd see if the scenario was considered and if there's a work around. Basically I have a subdirectory under my web application that is itself another web application. Therefore it has a web.config of its own with some overriding settings. When I try and build this project with web deployment projects I get the following: Error 2 It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond applicat...

ase12 'S sp_helpdb OUT 'NOT APPLICABLE'
Hi SYB user, After I created database on ASE12, when I excute 'sp_helpdb db_name', log device printed 'not applicable' . Is there any problems on log device? (below) I want to hear your opnion. device_fragments size usage free kbytes ---------------- ---- ----- ---------- - dev_4000_3 2500.0 MB data only 724576 dev_4000_4 500.0 MB log only not applicable ...

Web resources about - Help me. My Synchronization Application does not work. MobileLink has no response.How to build a comminucation betwon my Palm Application and PC's MobileLink? - sybase.sqlanywhere.ultralite

Synchronization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For linguistic synchrony, see Synchronic analysis . For the X-Files episode, see Synchrony (The X-Files) . Time-keeping and synchronization ...

Synchronization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For linguistic synchrony, see Synchronic analysis . For the X-Files episode, see Synchrony (The X-Files) . Time-keeping and synchronization ...

Note-IFY (formerly FNotes): colorful notes with Reminders, TextExpander and Dropbox synchronization on ...
Get Note-IFY (formerly FNotes): colorful notes with Reminders, TextExpander and Dropbox synchronization on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

Movement synchronization of a group of Nao's - YouTube
At the beginning all the robots are waiting for my signal to start. While dancing, they are constantly synchronizing with each other, so if a ...

Making Sense of the Intel Haswell Transactional Synchronization eXtensions
Multi-core and Locking Intel has released additional information on their Transactional Synchronization technology (TSX), which is basically ...

‘Twitterrific’ Update Brings Cross-Device Timeline Synchronization
Twitterrific , one of the most popular Twitter clients for the iPhone and iPad developed by The Iconfactory, received a major update this week ...

Hands on with the new tab synchronization feature in Chrome 19
Google has rolled out a new release of Chrome in the stable channel. The update, version 19, uses the Chrome synchronization framework to introduce ...

2010 Technology of the year: Synchronization
Apple's iPad surely doesn't deserve the designation, although some other news sites or blogs are giving it. Instead, sync is my choice as technology ...

Workshare Drives Innovation by Extending Secure File Sharing and Synchronization Functionality to Developer ...
Workshare, a leading provider of secure enterprise collaboration applications, today announced it has extended its platform’s advanced file shar ...

Synchronization As A Service
When it comes to files we are beginning to take synchronization as a given. You work on a file at work and through the magic of Dropbox or similar ...