Does UltraLite 10 support Java-based applications

Hi,

I went thorugh the SQL Anywhere Jasper slides shown in
Techwave, and it is mentioned that the UltraLite Static Java
API and Native UltraLite for Java will be removed from
UltraLite 10.

Does this mean that UltraLite 10 will not support Java-based
applications?

Please advise.

Thanks,
SL
0
LSL
3/15/2006 10:18:39 AM
sybase.sqlanywhere.ultralite 2982 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yes, that is what it means.

The techniques and approaches used for developing mobile applications
are still changing rapidly, so we have to continually assess what we
need to support. We found that among our customer base there was very
little pickup of the Java interfaces, and decided that we had to put our
resources where we see most customer interest.

For cross-platform support (including Symbian OS in version 10) our
solution is the AppForge Crossfire development environment.

Tom

LSL wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I went thorugh the SQL Anywhere Jasper slides shown in
> Techwave, and it is mentioned that the UltraLite Static Java
> API and Native UltraLite for Java will be removed from
> UltraLite 10.
>
> Does this mean that UltraLite 10 will not support Java-based
> applications?
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thanks,
> SL