stopping dbremote causes db server to stop

Am using SA 8.0.2 4339.  On one server, stopping a dbremote service from sql
central causes the engine to stop.  Ideas anyone?

TIA

Sid Siegel

0
Sid
8/21/2004 10:47:00 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

How is the database engine started?
Do you have a service dependency set up between the SQL Remote and Engine
service?

--
Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8

iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
iAnywhere Documentation : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
   -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
   -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL

"Sid Siegel" <sid.siegel@milliman.com> wrote in message
> Am using SA 8.0.2 4339.  On one server, stopping a dbremote service from
sql
> central causes the engine to stop.  Ideas anyone?
>
> TIA
>
> Sid Siegel

0
Reg

Starting and stopping the db & dbremote on the server
Hi, I'm a newbie at replication so please bear with me. On our WinNT server the database is started, 1/2 hour later dbremote gets started. These are done using the nt scheduler AT command. What we want to do is bring these up in the morning and down in the evening, everyday. Any ideas on how to start AND stop these automatically? Any and all suggestions appreciatied, TIA, -- Joe Suriano JSuriano@SOSoft.com Synergistic Office Solutions, Inc. (SOS Software) Using C5ee, ABC, 32bit, ODBC, Sybase SA 5.5.04 (#1867), WinNT4 I had a problem that the dbremote stopped som...

Debugger stop does not stop!
Hi,  I have an asp.net 2.0 app,  and I was happily testing some new implementation that sends e-mails. The problem is: In the middle of the debug I found an error on the email message, and then I (tryed to)stopped the debug mode, so I could fix it.But it didn´t. And then it sen´t all that crap to lots of customers. Does anyone have any idea why the debugger did not stopped? I would really aprecciate if there is an explanation. Lil Crappie Programmer make sure you applied the service pack to vs2005. also, make sure you choose termnate all applicaitons (in the debug menu) when...

Stop/Back Button on Browser to stop processing on server
I have this aspx page that returns a report on clicking of a button. It can take several minutes to complete the processing based on the parameters selected on the aspx page. Meanwhile, I am trying to capture any kind of events that the client does (like hitting the stop / back button on the browser). Is there any way I can identify these clicks and stop processing of the request on the server. Because what is happening is ... on hitting the back button, the previos page comes up, but when the user does the next postback .. it only executes after the processing of the previous report ...

dbremote -x..does not stop making new log file. How to stop this..
Hi, I am trying to reduce size of my log file on remote db. For that i am using dbremote -c "dbn=..." -x "c:\aaa" It creates a log file yymmdd00.log in the same folder where original log file is. Size of original log file is reduced to 64K. Now if i try to run dbremote without -x option it gives me missing transaction log file. if i move yymmdd00.log file to c:\aaa folder and then run dbremote with -x "c:\aaa", it runs just fine but creates another yymmdd00.log file. I have to keep on moving this newly created log file otherwise it keeps on giving miss...

Stopping DB server in a clean fashion
This might sound silly, yet I am not able to stop the processes of our dbsrv9 on our Linux box. All I get when using dbsrv9 -y is "Adaptive Server Anywhere Stop Engine Utility Version 9.0.0.1120" I sure could use "kill" yet I understand that that wouldn't be a clean stopping of the DB server process. I used the "dbstop -y". The server doesn't exit though. I started the server with the restrictions: # set starting database permission to DBA -gd dba # set utility commands DBA -gu dba # set "stopping database server" permission to D...

DB Crashing after stop DBRemote Service
Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem when stopping the dbremote service causing the database service to crash. We are running ASA 8.0.2.4339 on a Windows NT Server. Thanks in advance for any info. Mark Here are the startup parameters for a services: Remote: -t -m 32M -sd 60 -o c:\remotelog\dbremote.txt -v -c "uid=dba;pwd=sql;dsn=hc90_central_prod" d:\hc90_central_asa_log Database: -z -c 128M -o c:\serverlog\dbsrv8.txt -n trpr1srv13 -x TCPIP e:\hc90_central_asa\hc90_central_prod.db Are you getting a Dr. Watson error when the database ...

DDL command caused warmStndby replication to stop
RepServer 12.6 & ASE 12.5.3 on solaris 9 I have a warmStndby replication between a PROD and DR databases. A ddl command to add field to one of the tables in PROD caused the replication to stop. I can see the DDL command replicated to the DR table but the replication is failing with the below message. Is there something I can do to resume replication without having to create it from scratch? Thanks for your help! DDL command that casued the problem alter table sec_security_class add camra_sec_group varchar(10) default "BONDS" Rep server error messag...

ASA 8 for Netware- DB server stop
We have a Netware cluster and whenever the db server has to be moved from one server to another the process freezes and we have to shut down the machine. Because of that we can't implement a fail-over script. Instead, we always have to manually stop the db server and respond with "yes" if there are users connected. I'd like to have a silent db server stop, with a preset "yes" as a response. As I know it is possible for Windows version, why not for Novell? Thank you. How about dbstop -y -c "<connection string>"? Graeme Perrow Senior ...

AS7 Restore Causes Server to Stop Responding to Clients
Hello, I have a NW6 SP2 server running AS7NW with latest AS patches (QO33421 and then some). Server restores had been working fine for months. Lately a restore causes the server to stop responding to client connections until the restore job is complete, then all returns to normal. Backups are still running fine. Hopefully someone else has seen this... Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jack Jack, It appears that in the past few days you have not received a response to your posting. That concerns us, and has triggered this automated reply. Ha...

how to detect / stop db server on PC or Pocket PC?
Hi, I have a bunch of questions related to checking if a given database server or Mobilink server is running and then how to stop it. (Yes I know there is a Mobilink newsgroup but cross-posting seems to be discouraged so I thought I would post all the questions here first.) I have an application that runs on the PC and Pocket PC, using Mobilink for synch. The PC is running ASA personal server 8.0.2.4218 and the Pocket PC is running ASA 8.0.2.4122. I am using VB6 on the PC and eVB on the Pocket PC as my development tools. The questions are: 1. Is there any way to enumerate ...

Stopping Sql Server collation in db generation script
Hello all, I found an old post a few weeks ago that told how to stop PD from creation the sql server collation from printing when generating a database script. It worked great! Unfortunately, after applying the latest EBF, something happened in my model, and it has reverted back to scripting the db collation. Each column has the collation defined in the column properties microsoft tab as a reminder of what it should be, but there was another place in the tool where the generation could be modified. Can anyone please tell me how to change this again? Thanks, Tracy Finally r...

Start/Stop DB Server Service from batch file
Is there a command that can be issued from a batch file that will stop (and another to start) the database server service running on NT 4.0 and W2K? We are looking at helping a client automate this process so that they can perform full backups in an unattended mode. TIA Scott Huerta Distinctive Solutions Corp. We use: net stop "SQL Anywhere - DBServerName" net stop "SQL Anywhere - DBServerName" You can lookup the servicename of the server in "services". Urs F�ssler "Scott" <scott@dissol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...

Replication stops
Hello experts, we've a replication running using the following components: 1. Consolidated DB - NT 4.0 SP 5 Hungarian Version - ASA 6.0.2.2188 - cc:mail 8.10.00.19 as mailing-client using cc:mail DB8 - cc:mail SMTP-Gateway 30.00.7 - Registry Settings hkey_current_user\Software\Sybase\sql remote\mapi ipm_send = yes ipm_receive = yes force_download = no debug = no 2. Remote-dB's - NT 4.0 SP 3 English version with Hungarian national settings - ASA Version 6.0.2.2188 - cc:mail 8.10.00.19 - or MS Outlook English when replication files are send through the internet -...

Stop Button
Hi, In the early days of Netscape 3, I remember being able to "stop" a web page completely, as in no more HTTP requests, no more looping scripts and no more frames of animation. Many sites constantly generate new HTTP requests bombarding the user with adverts, div based pop-ups, annoying sounds, videos, animation etc. We need the stop button to actually STOP everything. Most non-technical web users won't know (or care) what a stop button is, so they won't care if it's changed. In the current SM, the stop button does not seem to work. Here's a...

Web resources about - stopping dbremote causes db server to stop - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication

Optimal stopping - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In mathematics , the theory of optimal stopping is concerned with the problem of choosing a time to take a particular action, in order to maximise ...

Stopping the Game of Clones - Facebook
Ambassador Bleich hat eine Notiz mit dem Titel Stopping the Game of Clones geschrieben. Du kannst den vollständigen Text hier lesen.

Site dedicated to stopping patent trolls
The Stop Bad Patents web site is a resource to learn about patent trolls and patent abuse. Worth a look.

No Stopping Bullshit - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore toolmantim's photos on Flickr. toolmantim has uploaded 6524 photos to Flickr.

Fall of Berlin: Stopping the Nazi Heart - YouTube
The battle for Berlin lasted for two weeks. Three and a half million troops from both sides, Soviet and German, took part in the fight. Some ...

Iraqis blame government for not stopping Eid attacks
Attacks kill 74 people as they mark Eid Al Fitr, ending Iraq's bloodiest Ramadan in years.

Tara Costigan Foundation aims to transform nation by stopping family violence
Michael Costigan is committed to setting up the Tara Costigan Foundation to fight family violence.

Child bride's dad was 'stopping a sin'
A NSW father who allowed his 12-year-old girl to marry and live with a 26-year-old man has been found guilty of child sex offences.

What's stopping solar's assault on diesel?
Remote off-grid areas around Australia and significant parts of the developing world pay high prices for power generated from diesel when solar ...

Stopping the chainsaws
Determined Australian forester Scott Poynton is employing unusual methods in his crusade to get the world's loggers to clean up their act.