SQL statement failed: (-194) No primary key value for foreign key

I'm getting this error message sporadically when my remote sites are
replicating to my central server.  The odd thing is the record that is the
primary key value does exist!

I'm at a lost...Does any have any idea, why this may be happening?

Thanks
Tasha

0
Tasha
5/14/2004 2:18:22 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Did the record exist at the time the error was reported? I have seen cases
before where the Parent record is physically sent to the remote *after* the
Child record. This would explain why the error was legitimately reported but
when you look at the database later the Parent record now exists.

Robert Waywell
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Developer - Version 8
Sybase Certified Professional

Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions

Please respond ONLY to newsgroup

EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
 choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all

To Submit Bug Reports:
http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm?starturl=casemessage.ssc?CASETYPE=B
ug

SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288

Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
Developer Community at www.ianywhere.com/developer

"Tasha Travis" <ltravis2@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
> I'm getting this error message sporadically when my remote sites are
> replicating to my central server.  The odd thing is the record that is the
> primary key value does exist!
>
> I'm at a lost...Does any have any idea, why this may be happening?
>
> Thanks
> Tasha

0
Robert
5/14/2004 3:50:00 PM
That means you miss some information in the
table you are referencing from the replicated table.

say you have a emplyee in IS department
but in you department table you do not have IS entry.

add the referneced record in the primary tableor
check you publication articles.

Tom

> I'm getting this error message sporadically when my remote
> sites are replicating to my central server.  The odd thing
> is the record that is the primary key value does exist!
>
> I'm at a lost...Does any have any idea, why this may be
> happening?
>
> Thanks
> Tasha

0
Tom

SQL statement failed, no primary key value for foreign key ... in table ...
Problem: SQL statement failed, no primary key value for foreign key ... in table ... After deleting or changing primary key values in either consolidated or remote database. Question: Are there any triggers that can resolve inserting a record that has a foreign key value with no existing primary key value in primary table? Description: We have a serious problem with the dbremote program. I think it's a general problem that could appear in every database with related tables. Everytime the problem turns up we must create new remote databases from the consolidated datab...

No primary key value for foreign key
Hi, I tried to: alter table sa.shipitems add foreign key FK_SHIPITEM_REFERENCE_OITEMS (oitemsid) references sa.oitems (oitemsid) on update cascade on delete restrict but got this error: No primary key value for foreign key 'FK_SHIPITEM_REFERENCE_OITEMS' in table 'shipitems' What does it mean and how to round this problem? fyi, here is the definition of both table /*==============================================================*/ /* Table: shipitems */ /*===============================...

no primary key value for foreign key value error in Master-Detail Dataset
Hi, We are using master detail relationship dataset but getting primary key violation error during posting the data. ------------------------------- *Project GBlWare.exe raised exception class EASANativeException with message* *[FireDAC][Phys][ODBC][Sybase][SQLAnywhere]no primary key value for foreign key* ------------------------------- Our current master detail scenario is that ,we are using parameter in details dataset that reference to master dataset primary key field value. But when I add a new record at that time master dataset key value is null. So when I press tab or down ...

Clustered Primary Key and Foreign Key: T-SQL
I am having a little trouble getting this to work right, but have come a ways since I started this.......other tables created first and with no problems..... then these two with the last table being the problemI need to set one foreign key in the second table referencing the first table.But, the primary key is clustered with the two foreign keys and I get the error....There are no primary or candidate keys in the referenced table 'courseScores' that match the referencing column list in the foreign key 'FK_course'.CREATE TABLE dbo.courseScores   (     course...

integer primary/foreign key vs. varchar(255) primary/foreign key
Hello. Is there any principal performance (or some other) difference between using the integer primary/foreign key and using the string (varchar(255)) keys in queries that use tables joins? Server is Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 Yes! The primary key will only be made up of 12 bytes. By using an integer you ensure that your entire column is in the key. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX *********************************************************** Enterprise Applications in Your F...

Primary key
Hello, I've got a modeling problem betwin a conceptual model and a physical model and espacially about the foreign key. See below the illustrated exemple of the problem : -Whether the entity � ARTICLE � with two informations : CODE & WORDING -Whether the entity � UNITE � with two informations : CODE & WORDING An article has necesseraly three unity, the unity of command, of storage and of sails. These three unity can be differents. Conceptual model phycical model The generated physical model doesn't suitable me. How ...

foreign key as a primary key
hi, I am using a foreign key (which is a primary key in a secondary table) as a primary key in a primary table. There is also another primary key in the primary table. Do You have to declare the foregin key as a primary key ? regards Jan Eikeland email:jaeikela@c2i.net url :http://home.c2i.net/jaeikela In article <368b0234.5056065@forums.powersoft.com>, jaeikela@c2i.net says... > hi, > > I am using a foreign key (which is a primary key in a secondary table) > as a primary key in a primary table. > There is also another primary key in the primary table...

Keys, keys,keys...
Just installed PGP 6.5.8 and all is running fine, so far :-) Question: When I opened the PGP Keys window for the first time, apart from the *Create Key* wizard, there are about 50 odd keys belonging to various and sundry at NAI. Were these supplied for a purpose or only for illustration? Is there any reason they could not or should no be deleted? Question 2: I sent someone an encrypted test message using that person's public key. It went off fine except, I am left with only the encrypted eMail. What setting should I change in order for my eMail client (Outlook 2000) ...

primary key and foreign Key????
 Hi i have 2 table.. Table1UID         Username1               AB2               CD3               DD Table 2ITEM       Price          UIDPOO1      20.00          1POO2      10.00          2POO3       15.00         1 Now i am letting the Admin to delete the user in table1But since UID 1 and 2 are ...

Primary key/Foreign key again
Thanks, Nat and David. Under "SQL Anywhere", I get into ISQL to use "ALTER TABLE" command to add my primary key: ALTER TABLE Client ADD PRIMARY KEY (SYSID) I got an error: user 'dba' has the row in 'Client' locked. How can I release the locking condition? Click on another table in Sybase Central. Is suspect this is the issue. Dave Wolf Jaguar Product Team John Chyan wrote: > Thanks, Nat and David. > > Under "SQL Anywhere", I get into ISQL to use "ALTER TABLE" command > to add my primary key: > ...

Primary Key/Foreign Key
Can I use SQL Commands to add Primary key or reference keys to existed tables? (Not a new table, that's why I can't use CREATE TABLE command.) If does, could someone give me some sample codes? Thanks. Hi John, What you need is the ALTER TABLE statement. Look for it in SQLA help for the syntax. Regards, Nat. John Chyan wrote in message <35A4FF5D.5F192806@dissol.com>... >Can I use SQL Commands to add Primary key or reference keys to existed >tables? (Not a new table, that's why I can't use CREATE TABLE command.) > >If does, could someone ...

Primary Key Prob with SQL table innerjoin with primary key
Hello Exception Details: System.Data.MissingPrimaryKeyException: Table doesn't have a primary key. I have used Stored Procedure in SQL with innerjoin. I think this Stored Procedure is problem because when I use one table with primary key rather using innerjoin to get data from 2 SQL tables I don't have this Table doesn't have a primary key: CREATE proc dbo._BookLink As select Convert(nvarchar(10),BookID)as BookId, CategoryName,Title, Author, Publisher, PublicationDate, ISBN, Price, BriefDesc, FullDesc, [Image], link, htmlready from dbo.BookCategory inner join dbo.B...

No primary key value for foreign key 'ISYSTABCOL' in table 'ISYSCOLPERM'
Hi all, running SA 10.0.1.3686 and .3712 on Win 2003 Server SP1. The above message appears when I try to add a column to a table. It's just a simple one: alter table dbo.T_MaZuGavAktion add fkz_BeilageNrLautVersand int check (@Wert > 0) null; There is a view based on this table, and several users have been granted update column rights on this view. It is only possible to execute the "ALTER TABLE ADD column null" statement when I revoke the update column rights from the view before (and re-grant them afterwards). That happened once in the past week...

Primary key
> Je me permet de soliciter une aide sur poweramc V8. > Je suis en charge d'un projet ERP et je me pose la question suivante sur un > exemple de mod�lisation. > > Entit� : ARTICLE > information : Code article > Information : Libell� article > > Entit� : Unit� > Information : Code unit� (exemple : Kg, palette, m2...) > information : Libell� unit� > > Un article a 3 unit�s, unit� de stockage, unit� de vente et unit� d'achat. > Ces trois unit�s peuvent �tre diff�rentes. > > Dans mon MCD, j'...

Web resources about - SQL statement failed: (-194) No primary key value for foreign key - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication

User:Jimbo Wales/Statement of principles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As we move forward with software and social changes, I think it is imperative that I state clearly and forcefully my views on openness and the ...

Category:Articles containing potentially dated statements from June 2006 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ...

Innovation statement: what you need to know about Malcolm Turnbull's plan
What you need to know about the newly released innovation statement.

The innovation nation: Elitist statement which won't generate change
Readers discuss the Turnbull government's innovation statement.

The statements murdered grandmother Helen Dawson Key's family will never get to read
If the family members of Helen Dawson Key had their chance, they would have faced her killer and told of their pain.&nbsp;

Freddie Gray case: Officer William G. Porter's recorded statement played in court - Baltimore Sun
Officer William G. Porter told investigators in a recorded interview played for jurors Friday that he did not believe that Freddie Gray was truly ...

Jury Sees Officer’s Video Statement In Freddie Gray Trial
More key testimony as the prosecution continues to call witnesses in the trial of city police officer William Porter.

Today’s Top Election 2016 News Is Trump’s Vindication Over Muslim Statement
Today’s election 2016 news looks at how one of Donald Trump’s most controversial claims was actually correct, although exaggerated. Here’s how ...

Comic-Con Organizers Issue Statement After Fan Confusion
... desire to expand their annual convention in San Diego. Comic-Con International made the unusual move today of putting out a statement regarding ...

The Latest: Islamic State group airs statement praising California mass shootings
The latest on the mass shooting in San Bernardino, California (all times local): 2:40 a.m.