Replication of consolidated database to remote database; for columns added to a table in the consolidated database.

I want to find out if I add columns to a data table in the consolidated
database and then extract it for a remote database. Will the added columns
appear in the remote database automatically? or do I have to deploy the
extracted remote database by copying it to the remote machine.

Currently the consolidated database and the remote database get replicated
nightly and they have connections already established. Due to established
connections, will the extracted database automatically get deployed to the
remote machine with the updated table?
0
Asim
8/8/2001 1:33:19 AM
sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Try it, that is the best way to check if something works.  Obviously use a
test environment.
SQL Remote assumes a STATIC schema.

--
David Fishburn
Certified SQL Anywhere Associate

Sybase TechWave 2001 http://www.sybase.com/events/techwave2001
August 12th - 16th, San Diego

EBFs
http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
Whitepapers
http://www.sybase.com/developer/mobile/
CaseXpress - to report bugs
http://casexpress.sybase.com

"Asim Qadri" <a.qadri@att.net> wrote in message
> I want to find out if I add columns to a data table in the consolidated
> database and then extract it for a remote database. Will the added columns
> appear in the remote database automatically? or do I have to deploy the
> extracted remote database by copying it to the remote machine.
>
> Currently the consolidated database and the remote database get replicated
> nightly and they have connections already established. Due to established
> connections, will the extracted database automatically get deployed to the
> remote machine with the updated table?

0
David

Replication of entire consolidated database to remote database
Hi Friends, i need to replicate the entire consolidated database into remote databse through Mobilink.. can any body suggest me the simpliest way of doing????(what exactly i need is how to make my remote databse should contain same data which my consolidated has...) thanks in advance.... waiting for reply Govada "Nageswara Rao" <tnagesh@i-vantage.com> wrote in news:efRU$hd9CHA.317@forums-1-dub: > i need to replicate the entire consolidated database into remote > databse through Mobilink.. > can any body suggest me the simpliest way of...

How to upgrade database changes in remote databases and consolidated databases
Hi, I am Working in a project which uses Sybase Mobilink server as the replication system. Now I have been given a requirement to automate the upgrade databases chages in remote databases and consolidated database. I heard the about "Passthrough" but I don't know how to use it. I saw below topic in our forum PASSTHROUGH Question. How do I replicate DML ... 1.- Created a Version_Tracking Table (contains columns Unique_Record_ID, DB_Remote_ID, DB_Version, DB_Update_Time_Stamp and DB_Error_Code). 2.- The new Version_Tracking table is part of a publication that...

How to delete duplicate rows from remote database when they have successfully replicated back to the consolidated database?
Hello, I have a SQL remote replication setup with a central consolidated database and many remote databases. For simplicity sake I have a table called period_sale (sale_code, period_number, sale_amount, branch_id) which participates in replication and the publication to which this table belongs has a SUBSCRIBE BY branch_id. Also the subscription that has been created for each of the remote branch to this publication has a subscription value of branch_id. In other words the subscription for branch_id of HAR001 was created using CREATE SUBSCRIPTION TO pub_dailytrans ('HAR0...

Replicating passwords from one remote database to other remote databases
I am attempting to replicate password changes from a remote database to the consolidated database to all other remote databases. The reason I am attempting this is we are implementing "multi-user" remote databases, where a db user created on the consolidated can be on one or more remote databases. I want to only allow remote users to change their db passwords, but have those password changes replicate to all other remote databases. My initial thought was to have a table that maintained db user name and encrypted password that would be subscribed to by all remote databas...

Server database remote to consolidated database
Dear community, our consolidated database "A" (db not determinated yet) and the database which to be replicated "B" (Oracle) are on different boxes. The Mobilink replication will be done between A and many clients "C". Questions: 1. Is it possible to configure the Mobilink Server to handle this configuration ? 2. If so, does the Mobilink Server pull the data via odbc from the remote database ? 3. If not, would it be possible to use for a replication between A and B the Mobilink Server (the client is A and the server is B) ? This barmy idea b...

uploading data from the remote database to a consolidated database.
hi all, im using a ASA 8.0.2 build 4089 as a mobilink server in my win2k. and ASA CE 8.0.2 im my pocket pc 2002 device. im using mobilink sync server 8.0.2 build 4089 im confused which sync events i should use. to upload data from my remote db to the consolidated db. i need to upload rows from my remote db to the consolidated db. i tried upload_insert . upload_update events . but every time the upload_inster event fires first and it gives a primary key conflict error in my CD db. can any one explain me how to design the upload procees? i need to insert , update and delete in my co...

create ASA remote database out of consolidated database
I am trying to make a remote database out of a consolidated database. The scheme of the remote database should be parallel in structure to the scheme of the consolidated database. The database has about 300 tables. In all our tables is a identifier company_id and in some tables (about 200) the identifier user_id. After the remote database is created synchronisation should work as follows: The tables with the identifier user_id are changed in the remote database and should be uploaded to the consolidated database. The tables with no user_id are changed in the consolidated dat...

Schema changes (create table) on existing remote database doesn't synchronise existing records from consolidated database.
We have an existing ASA 9 database who syncs through Mobilink with an Oracle consolidated database. When we create a new table in the ASA database and that table with data already exists in the consolidated database, the synchronization will not download the records because the timestamp of the last synchronization is greater than the timestamps in the table on the consolidated database. How can this easily been solved? Thanks in advance. Finding a way to unload the Oracle table data into a file and finding a way to ship that file out, so that you can use LOAD TABLE statements ...

The replicated database is suspended, each time that record is added to the database
Hello, I defined replication definition and subscription to table name rss_user and each time the i insert record to this table the replicated database is getting to suspend and the following message appear at the replication error log : "I. 1999/11/03 15:45:20. A grouped transaction of 2 individual transactions has failed in database 'REPSYB.essdb'. Each transaction in the group will be executed individually. E. 1999/11/03 15:45:20. ERROR #1028 DSI EXEC(103(1) REPSYB.essdb) - dsiqmint.c(2774) Message from server: Message: 90102, State 1, Severity 16 -- ...

Problem adding database to replication -- Logical Database Drop Error
Our Company have two ASE servers. 15 Database is being replicated between these databases. I wanted to add one more database to the replication. I tried to renew one of my database replication. I dropped the connections of databases then the logical connection. Afterwards I added a logical connection.Then tried to add the database to the replication. However an error occured .Error is "Database is the primary for some replication definitions. Can not drop to connecrion to it." Afterwards I dropped the connections and repeat the steps to add to the replication. The same erro...

Prevent sync of selected remote database changes with consolidated database
Hi everyone, I have query from one of my customers using SQLAnywhere 9.0.1. They are asking whether there is a way to prevent logging of certain inserts/updates/deletes such that these changes are not reflected in the consolidated database. I was looking through the documentation and found a STOP SYNCHRONIZATION DELETE command but I believe this only prevents deletes from being synched to the backend. You have probably written MobiLink scripts to handle the uploaded inserts/updates/deletes. You could implement a consolidated database table to hold the MobiLink user ids th...

Consolidating Consolidated databases
Is there a way to have a device connected to a consolidated database (yes), and then have that consolidated database consolidated to a centralized database? I have a need to for a distributed POS solution where the clients may be off line from the consolidated db and that consolidated DB may also need to exist offline from the centralized database. Is this doable? Would I just need to setup multiple mobilink servers? Thoughts? Thanks, BradW > Is there a way to have a device connected to a consolidated > database (yes), and then have that consolidated database ...

Please help: Mobilink script is applied to the consolidated database or remote database
Hi, I have a table called Customer in both Remote and Consolidated database. In the table there is a status field. i wrote in my end_download script: update Customer set status = 'd' where customerID = @customerID @customerIS is created in the begin_download script. I understand the end_download script above will affect the consolidated database. However, if i wrote in my end_upload script: update Customer set status = 'u' where customerID = @customerID @customerID is created in the begin_upload script. I dont know if the end_upload above will affect my...

database replication (MSA)
I'm doing database replication from one ASE 12.5 into another ASE 12.5. In the primary database there are tables with column names which are SQL keywords like "from", "end". These columns were defined and used with "[From] int" syntax and caused no problems whatsoever in the primary database. RepServ attemptsto replicate updates to such tables result in the messages like: E. 2004/10/01 14:18:58. ERROR #1028 DSI EXEC(108(1) REPORT.real) - dsiqmint.c(3034) Message from server: Message: 156, State 2, Severity 15 -- 'Incorrect syntax near the keyw...

Web resources about - Replication of consolidated database to remote database; for columns added to a table in the consolidated database. - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication

Consolidated B-24 Liberator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Consolidated B-24 Liberator was an American heavy bomber , designed by Consolidated Aircraft of San Diego, California . It was known within ...

IPO-Related Lawsuits Against Facebook Consolidated, To Be Heard In New York
All of the lawsuits over Facebook’s bungled initial public offering are going to make a brand-new start of it in old New York, as a panel of ...

Consolidated Media Holdings - Business - brisbanetimes.com.au
Rupert Murdoch is now at the mercy of two people in order to get his hands on a greater slice of the Australian pay television market - the Prime ...

More than 70 government agencies to be scrapped, consolidated in federal budget
Government to consolidate and scrap more than 70 government bodies.

Consolidated sells 23% BC Iron stake
Sky News is Australia's leader in 24-hour news. BC Iron shares have fallen 2.5 per cent after a major shareholder, Consolidated Minerals, sold ...

Former player part of consolidated bid to revive Canberra's NBL club
He played in the very last match for the Cannons in 2003, and now Brad Williams is one of the faces behind a consolidated push to revive a National ...

Australian gold miner Kingsgate Consolidated accused of bribing Thai officials
Thailand's Anti-Corruption Commission is investigating an allegation that Australian gold mine operator Kingsgate Consolidated bribed Thai state ...

Possible Seven bid for Consolidated raises ACCC concerns
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has raised concerns about a possible bid by Seven for Consolidated Media.

Gail Shea Denies Books Burned As Fisheries Libraries Consolidated
Fisheries Minister Gail Shea is denying reports that scientific research was burned or discarded in the name of cost-cutting. And Shea says the ...

Google Hangouts for Android getting smarter with natural language parsing, consolidated contacts
You've long been able to share your location with contacts in Hangouts chats, but the Google Hangouts for Android app is today getting a little ...