Replication ASA-ASE stops because ASE is full

I have a replication between a consolidated DB on ASE and 4 remote DB on
ASA.
During a replication, ssremote was unable to apply messages from the remotes
because the segments of the consolidated DB where full.

The message of ssremote was :
E. 03/31 06:00:06. bourget: Error 1105: Can't allocate space for object
'depot' in database 'stp_qual' because 'default' segment is full/has no free
extents. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log.
Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase size of the
segment.

I have increased the size of the segments but in the next replication
session, my data from the remotes are still not replicated.
What can I do to get my data replicated to the consolidated DB ?
Note : the data created on the remotes after this problem are correctly
replicated but not the data that were about to be replicated when the
problem happened.

0
Didier
4/4/2000 7:38:51 AM
sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This is a serious issue, you should open a case with tech support.

--
David Fishburn
Sybase

TechWave 2000 July 30 - August 3 /2000
http://www.sybase.com/techwave2000

Sybase Developers Network
http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm

Didier Blanchard <didier.blanchard@informatique.stp.telepost.fr> wrote in
message news:9rpjUpgn$GA.52@forums.sybase.com...
> I have a replication between a consolidated DB on ASE and 4 remote DB on
> ASA.
> During a replication, ssremote was unable to apply messages from the
remotes
> because the segments of the consolidated DB where full.
>
> The message of ssremote was :
> E. 03/31 06:00:06. bourget: Error 1105: Can't allocate space for object
> 'depot' in database 'stp_qual' because 'default' segment is full/has no
free
> extents. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log.
> Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase size of the
> segment.
>
> I have increased the size of the segments but in the next replication
> session, my data from the remotes are still not replicated.
> What can I do to get my data replicated to the consolidated DB ?
> Note : the data created on the remotes after this problem are correctly
> replicated but not the data that were about to be replicated when the
> problem happened.

0
David

Replication between ASE and ASE URGENT
HI everybody Can you help me please with the following question. We need to syncronize ASE to ASE ( bidirectional) Initially, it was planned to implement with SQL remote, but it isn't available. With replication server, it isn't a solution beacuse, the customer doesn=B4t have a comunntication channel all time. We think use Mobiliink Server to replictase ASE to ASE, but using an ASA in the middle, so that, first it replicate ASE to ASA, and later, ASA to ASE, is it this feasible ??? Thanks four your answer "Marco" <mbarrion@uniplex.com.ec> wr...

ASA To ASE - VS

Replication between ASE and ASA
Hi, 1. My consolidated database is using ASE and remotes are using ASA. Do I have to install the PC Client for ASE at the remote site? 2. Why do I received the 'unlink ......' message as below? And why do I have to run dbremote and ssremote twice in order for the hq to receive the data from field? Where did I go wrong? Thank you. field site dbremote ?c ?eng=fielddb;dbn=fielddb;uid=DBA;pwd=SQL;CommLinks=tcpip? E. 08/07 12:54:40. Deleting corrupt message I. 08/07 12:54:40. unlink "field\field.log" failure 5: Permission denied I. 08/07 12:54:40. unlink...

Replication from ASA to ASE
I can't replicate, using the exemple in the Data Replication with SQL Remote, but I replicate only from ASE to ASA. are there a tutorial for this? please help me. Thanks in advance. Leopoldo Carvalho de Lima JS Consulting What problem are you encountering? -- ------------------------------------------------------- Robert Waywell Sybase Please Respond to Newsgroups John A. Sandoval wrote in message ... > I can't replicate, using the exemple in the Data Replication with SQL >Remote, but I replicate only from ASE t...

ASE
We try to configure a replication system. Our primary site is Adaptive server 12.0 and remote sites are ASA 7. We want to use Replication server. At remote site, do we need an ASE ? Which Replication agent will we use for each site.? Do know a document for ASE- ASA replication? Thanks in advance for your reply. Comments below. -- Reg Domaratzki Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Please reply only to the newsgroup ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Fra...

Replication between ASE and ASA
Can somebody please answer my question: Is it possible to setup a replication between ASE 12.0 and ASA 6.03 using SQLREMOTE or we have to use Replication server... This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------5D6BF4946F495B67FF4A0163 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit John Smith wrote: > Can somebody please answer my question: > Is it possible to setup a replication between ASE 12.0 and ASA > 6.03 using SQLREMOTE or we have to use Replication server... Hi John, Yes, you can use SQL Remote. Take a...

ASE Replicator / ASE 12.5
Welcome, Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.0.3/EBF 10696 IR/P/Linux Intel/Linux 2.4.7-10smpi686/rel12503/1915/32-bit/OPT/ I had started ASE Replicator with primary connection xxx (with subs,articles,etc.), then I changed primary connection into yyy (and the rest). Everything was fine. But when I try to back to xxx primary connection Sybase returns me this error: 1> sp_addprimaryconn "xxx" 2> go Msg 32000, Level 20, State 0: Server 'ASE_Rep', Procedure 'sp_addprimaryconn', Line 1: Command <sp_addprimaryconn> failed - Could not add Primary...

Replication ASE
Hi, How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db. other question is i wanto replicate data via email, is microsoft exchage server enough for this or i'll need other mail server. thanks in advance Joan jmcd wrote in message <37616E0E.91D29322@else.com.pe>... >Hi, > >How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because >when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db. > Hi I try this type of replication. In documentation i d...

2-way replication from ASE to ASE
We are looking at implementing replication server bi-directional. Specifically, we have two databases (for redundancy) on two differnet physical servers, two different ASE databases, but the two databases are named the same, and same architecture. Sybase Learning suggested the only way to do this is to use stored procedures (request function). This is not really bi-directional and does not have the data available in the secondary immediately. Using stored procedures will cause a complete re-write of the application, so it is not really worth it. What we wanted it to do is that i...

ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote
Since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, can I use it for replication from ASE to ASE instead of a more expensive Replication Server? Yes you can. A couple of considerations: 1) SQL Remote is not intended for near real-time replication. Even with the new hover mode features, you should plan on at least 1 minute latency in each direction. 2) SSXtract does not support automatically extracting a remote ASE database. You will have to manually configure the remote and consolidated databases, including the initial synchronization of data before you start replication. This is certainly...

ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote
Since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, can I use it for replication from ASE to ASE instead of a more expensive Replication Server? ...

ASE -> ASE replication with NFS mount
I'm still evaluating SQL Remote on ASE 11.5.1 to replicate data between two servers. All my tests to replicate database between two databases on the same server work fine using the file system as a way to replicated data. I am now trying to replicate a database between two servers still using the file system but using an nfs mount versus ftp but it does not work, the data is never relicated. Does the directory structure need to be the same on both machines? On the source server the directory structure is: /sybase_backup/replication/source /sybase_backup/replication/t...

what do I need for the ASA-ASE replication?

ASA to ASE replication problem
Hi! I have implemented e replication system ASA-ASE. It works fine from ASE to ASA but when there are message from ASA to ASE the system has a "object not found error". I run the message agent, ssremote, in verbose mode and I see this: insert into "dba"."table_name" ..... ..... ..... commit the error is caused by the prefix "dba" How can I do to eliminate "dba" prefix? I must work in ASA parameter or in ASE parameter? Thank you! -- dkf Look at the following option in the Help file. Adaptive Server Anywhere Data...

Web resources about - Replication ASA-ASE stops because ASE is full - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication

Replication (computing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... in space , i.e. executed on separate devices, or it could be replicated in time , if it is executed repeatedly on a single device. Replication ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

PolSci Replication (@PolSciReplicate) on Twitter

Encryption in demand for backup and replication: Veeam
When it comes to backup and replication, Veeam has found encryption is one of the most requested feature by businesses.

John Sands Australia cuts data replication time from 14 hours to three
Corporate data replication was taking up to 14 hours to complete at greeting card company John Sands Australia until data acceleration software ...

EMC gives VMware admins the reins to replication and recovery
EMC is putting replication and recovery into the hands of VMware administrators with a software version of its RecoverPoint appliance that's ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID - SocialTimes
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

rsync.net: ZFS Replication to the cloud is finally here—and it’s fast
As friendly of an online advertisement as you'll find. In mid-August, the first commercially available ZFS cloud replication target became available ...

Violin to bring deduplication, replication, other tools to all-flash storage arrays
Violin Memory plans to add deduplication, thin provisioning, snapshots and other features in a software update for its all-flash storage arrays, ...