Performance Monitoring

Hi,

Could anyone out there recommend any good books, websites etc. for
performance tuning of SQL Anywhere 5.5.05, there doesn't seem to be that
many books around on SQL Anywhere (unless I'm looking in the wrong place!!).

We have a customer who is running SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 Base build no EBF's,
on NT4. their database is approx. 9GB in size. We would like to know if
anyone has any knowledge/experience which they would like to share in
performance tuning on NT. Anything on storing replication or mirrored logs
on separate drives or separate computers, getting the most out of you
memory, that kind of thing. Any thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Steve

sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Performance Monitor vs performance
Hello, does Sybase Central Performance Monitor affect performance? We've had a problem, the db server was reacting very slow denying almost all of the work of around 100 concurrent users, with throwing all of them out as more users came in. The only major change done was that the Sybase Performance monitor was left to be run overnight, with the following statistics: Packets Sent Packets Received Requests Threads Unscheduled Requests I understand that SC PM queries the server, but could this have a major impact on overall performance? Thanks, Pavel IMO the ...

Performance monitor and performance counters
I'm trying to figure out why performance counters won't work on my machine. We've got 2 windows 2003 servers, and if I try to access ANY of the performance counter related objects in the System.Diagnostic namespace I get this: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program. at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.AllocHGlobal(IntPtr cb) at System.Diagnostics.PerformanceMonitor.GetData(String item) Of course the call stack is actually larger than that, but the point is right here. The same code works fine on any of our XP or 2000 Pro boxes. Anyone know wha...

Performance Monitor Snap-in
I am trying to monitor our ASP.NET web application, running on Windows Server 2003 & IIS 6. When I open the Performance Snap-In, I am unable to select the standard Performance objects I see in Windows 2000 server - namely ASP.NET, ASP.NET Applications, ASP.NET Apps v1.1.4322 and ASP.NET v1.1.4322 Can somebody tell me what's happening? Am I missing something? Thanks...

Establishing a performance baseline re performance Monitors
OK I'm new to this. But I am administering a newly created network of <100 systems using ASA 7.0.2 I would like to set up some monitors to know what the "typical load" during a week is. Which monitors are the most important? Should I use the monitors in the W2K instead? -- Posted via http://dbforums.com ...

performance monitoring
We have moved our database from a slower machine to a faster dual PIII-1Ghz machine and are trying to do some performance tuning. The application is being accessed via Citrix Metaframe XP 1.0 SP1. There are a few times per day when the application seems to really slow down. What we'd like to do is monitor the backend to see if it is a problem with one of our stored procedures or triggers or to see if there is a long running process which could be affecting this. We've already been able to take Citrix out of the mix as it is performaning as it should. Does anyone have any r...

Performance monitor
Hi Where windows stores "Total pages printed" value which you can check running windows performance monitor (perfmon.exe) and adding a new counter log of print queue. I need this in my application but I can't find in Google. s. I think it's here: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\009] I need to read this value of "Total printed pages" from other computer in the network (like the perfmon does). Any help I appreciate. s. You might have better luck on one of the Microsoft Windows newsgroups. If you can fi...

Performance monitoring
Hi, I need CPU performance monitoring. I tried PdhAddCounter.... but Power 2.1 professional can�t link it. any ideas ? best regards Joerg On Tue, 15 Sep 1998 19:44:38 +0200, "Joerg Kuechen" <kuechen@gavitec.de> wrote: >Hi, > >I need CPU performance monitoring. I tried PdhAddCounter.... >but Power 2.1 professional can�t link it. > >any ideas ? > >best regards >Joerg Do you mean you want to profile your application? There is a /et switch for the compiler that is such that it uses Pentium cycle counts to measure how m...

sqlanywhere replication technician required for seting up very small replication system
i have 2 locations running 10 user lans on each end. we use a package calle client data system for insurance agents, we need someone to set up for us a replication system between both offices. it uses sqlanywhere i forget which version . can anyone direct me to a person , resource in sydney australia that can help me with this herc ...

performance Monitor
Hi, Where do I find this product in Interbase XE. It's not in IBConsole anymore? /Mikael Mikael Nilsson wrote: > Hi, > > Where do I find this product in Interbase XE. > It's not in IBConsole anymore? > > /Mikael Right click a database in ibconsole. Performance Monitor should appear in the context menu. -- Bill Todd (TeamB) > {quote:title=Bill Todd wrote:}{quote} > Mikael Nilsson wrote: > > > Hi, > > > > Where do I find this product in Interbase XE. > > It's not in IBConsole anymore? > > ...

Performance Monitor
What tools are availble with ASA 7 (WinNT) for performance monitoring. We have a system that is getting pegged to 100% CPU utilization, and we're guessing right now it's an adhoc query. Is there a way to see who is doing what on the system at any given time? ASA 8 has a feature which allows you to do this; in ASA 7 it's a bit more cumbersome. In ASA 8, you must first enable capturing of the last statement prepared by each connection by specifying the -zl server command line option or by calling: call sa_server_option('Remember_last_statement','ON&#...

replicator performance
Is there a way to optimize replicator performance?? the only nice parameter i found is: scan_sleep_max which I set to 0 I also have set the Replicator process on the replicate server but I'm not sure is a good solution. any idea ...

Performance Monitor Again
PLEASE HELP!!! We have a C++ application that uses Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0 as the back end. We have enabled performance monitor so that we can analyze some of options available to us for SQL Anywhere 5.0. There are many options like active requests, bytes receive etc. What we are trying to gain from this analysis is confirmation that the database server is sufficient and that we are not overloading/overworking the database server. Can someone please advise me as to some useful measurements, as well as a normal/abnormal range for those measurements? We have 65 workstations all making inserts, updates and deletes on a fairly intensive basis. Thanks in advance, Emi Saba Blue Unless you are having some specific throughput or bottleneck issues, there may not be much anyone can tell you. Performance monitoring and tuning is usually a 'black art' that some are better at than others and often different situations require different skills (so the best falter under some scenarios). Since you are trying to prove that there is no potential performance problems you may be trying to prove a negative (always a harder problem) because the tools are designed to identify 'what problem exists' rather than 'if there is going to be a problem' I do suggest is monitor and capture every statistic (NT and DB both) and see if there is any saturation of a resource or inefficiency in any caching layers. Look for repe...

SQLAnywhere monitor?
Is there a tool that can monitor database activity in real time? I have two apps, one in-house, one third party, and theirs consistently blocks mine. It would be much easier to diagnose if I could see what was happening in the db engine as it happened. Thanks very much, Trevor Williams Vertical Systems, Inc. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0037_01BCF6EC.7BBF7170 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Trevor, use dbwatch command for connections and activities. There is no locking info ava...

SQLAnywhere performance
I have a SQLANywhere db running on a Netware v 3.12 server. The database performed well as a stand-alone db but when moved to the network performance is lousy. Where do I look for answers/solutions to this problem? thanks How lousy? What part is lousy? You can't expect multiple row retrieves to perform the same in both a network and standalone environment. ...

Replication is not replicating
The new database is added to the replication system but all tables on the RDB are empty. Setreptable is on and there's no uncommitted transaction. It is using default action class and there's no loss detection. Queue is caught up. We turned on "dsi_buf_dump" and it shows on the error log that the transaction executed on the PDB is replicated. However, the table is again empty on the RDB. Log is not full on both RDB and RSSD. Maint user is dbo. What else can I take a look at? PDS and RDS is 11.0.3.3, RS is 11.0.3 I don't remember since what version warm standy exists. Did you create subscriptions ? Luc. <mkim@xtivia.com> wrote in message news:48d459d2.2871.1681692777@sybase.com... > The new database is added to the replication system but all > tables on the RDB are empty. Setreptable is on and there's > no uncommitted transaction. It is using default action > class and there's no loss detection. Queue is caught up. > We turned on "dsi_buf_dump" and it shows on the error log > that the transaction executed on the PDB is replicated. > However, the table is again empty on the RDB. Log is not > full on both RDB and RSSD. Maint user is dbo. What else > can I take a look at? PDS and RDS is 11.0.3.3, RS is 11.0.3 Assuming that you are not replicating to more than one target and therefore dsi_buf_dump trace is pointing to the DB that you wanted it to be.....

Performance about SQLAnywhere
Currently I have a SQLAnywhere database of size over 250Mb. We have a program written in PB to retrieve data from it, but that program slowed down gradually after we increased the volume of data from 100Mb to its current size. Is this a limitation of SQLAnywhere, or just my machine? Is there any fine tuning possible? The configuration of my machine is Pentium III, 128Mb RAM, 10G HD. If you have allocated sufficient cache to the database (should be at least 25mb, and 64mb would be good) then the remaining suspect would be a table scan somewhere. Have all database-related functio...

Replication Performance
We have a data collection system that will be inserting up to 1500 rows a second which needs to be replicated. The size of the rows are 24 bytes. Would Adaptive Server Anywhere's SQLREMOTE or MOBILINK be able to keep up with that amount of data? We are currently using ASA 7.03.2057 Thanks, Kevin ...

performance monitor
Hi, I can't find performance monitor in Interbase XE install. It,s not in IBConsole. Where can I find it? Mikael Nilsson wrote: > Hi, > > I can't find performance monitor in Interbase XE install. > It,s not in IBConsole. Where can I find it? Yes it is, right click on the database node you want to monitor and performance monitor will be one of the options in the menu. -- Jeff Overcash (TeamB) (Please do not email me directly unless asked. Thank You) And so I patrol in the valley of the shadow of the tricolor I must fear evil. For I am but mort...

SQLAnywhere Replication
From your manual Adaptive Server, 1997, replication, I did the tutorial starting from page 40. I did the replication on page 92. However, on page 93 at the field end I got the data for both rep1 AND rep2. The manual says that I should get only rep1 as per my subscription on page 77/78 What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Oded Szpiro oded@travelcafe.org Can you post the the publication you created. Post the subscriptions you created. -- David Fishburn Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Professional Services Please only post to the newsgroup ...

Replication Performance
I am trying to get better performance from rep agent. I have a plan but I want to know if it is feasible or if it will help. Here goes I have a E450 with 4 cpu's and 4 gig of memory. Right now it has a sybase server and repserver on it and we have 1 repserver reading from production. I would like to have 4 repservers on this E450 each on reading different material from the same production database. For instance: 1 Repserver will replicate only transactions 1 Repserver will replicate only orders 1 Repserver will replicate our clientprofile table with text. ...

HELP: Can't view performance data about Power Dynamo 3.5 in NT Performance Monitor
Hi ALL We had Power Dynamo 2 installed on both of our servers runing Windows NT 4 + SP5. We upgraded them to version 3.5 this year. However after upgrading, we found that the performance data was not available to be viewed in NT performance Monitor. We check the registry and found there's no setting for performance monitoring for Power Dynamo 3.5. And when we tried to use the internal utility within NT to load those counter data, we got an error message. The command is : lodctr dyctrs03.ini The Error is: Unable to open Driver key: SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Po...

Replication Server performance
Hi I am planning to upgrade our replication server from 11.5 to 12.5 on AIX environment. While testing the new 12.5 replication server I found that the replication server 12.5 runs about 1.5 times slower than 11.5 replication server. Has anybody seen this problem. I did not do any config changes etc. It is just out of the box. Regards Atul Atul, While I have not observed this slowdown myself, I have encountered other such reports. Obviously, as more function is added in each release, there will be an impact on performance. By way of compensation, since release 12...

Performance Monitor #2
How do I get SQL Anywhere objects to show up in NT Performance Monitor? Scot Most of them should already be there if you installed correctly. This is one that can be removed from the Registry to eliminate errors but all the Performance Monitor statistics were available for me without any additional work. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dealer Solutions, LLC Houston, TX How does one install incorrectly???? Jim Egan wrote in message <01bd0a56$e3b50b00$cb0ba8c0@jegan>... >Most of them should already be there if you installed correctly. This is >one that can be removed f...

Web resources about - Performance Monitoring - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication

Quade Cooper puts in mixed debut performance for Australia at Las Vegas Sevens
Wallabies superstar Quade Cooper has made his debut for the Australian sevens team, putting in a mixed performance as his team hammered Scotland ...

Quade Cooper puts in mixed debut performance for Australia at Las Vegas Sevens
Wallabies superstar Quade Cooper has made his debut for the Australian sevens team, putting in a mixed performance as his team hammered Scotland ...

Quade Cooper puts in mixed debut performance for Australia at Las Vegas Sevens
Wallabies superstar Quade Cooper has made his debut for the Australian sevens team, putting in a mixed performance as his team hammered Scotland ...

Staples, Inc. Announces Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2015 Performance
Staples, Inc. Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2015 Performance

Donald Trump has big Super Tuesday performance - Videos - CBS News
Voters across the U.S. turned out in high numbers for Republican candidate Donald Trump, helping him win more states than the other GOP candidates. ...

PV CYCLE Achieves New Record For Silicon-Based PV Module Recycling — 96% Recycling Rate In Real-World ...
... photovoltaic technologies, PV CYCLE, has achieved a new record for silicon-based PV module recycling — a 96% recycling rate in real-world performance ...

Fox earns fans with its own debate performances
NEW YORK (AP) — Fox News Channel has emerged a winner of this raucous and impactful debate season with its sharp, detailed questioning of the ...

Watch Steve Martin Delay His Tonight Show Appearance With Broadway-Style Performance
Watch Steve Martin Delay His Tonight Show Appearance With Broadway-Style Performance

Jennifer Lopez on Kelly Clarkson's performance of Piece by Piece on American Idol - EW.com
Kelly Clarkson’s emotional performance of “Piece By Piece” on American Idol had a powerful impact on listeners. In her appearance on Late Night... ...