Operation too large Error. Sending Messages failed.

All,

When I run dbremote I get the following error

 "Operation Too Large" Sending Messages failed.

Has anybody seen this before? Do you know how to corrected?

Any help is appreciated

Jorge

0
Jorge
10/14/2003 10:26:24 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Have you executed a command in passthrough which is larger than your maximum
message size (default is 50kb)?

--
Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8

iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
   -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
   -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL

"Jorge Quintana" <jquintana@laborfinders.com> wrote in message
> All,
>
> When I run dbremote I get the following error
>
>  "Operation Too Large" Sending Messages failed.
>
> Has anybody seen this before? Do you know how to corrected?
>
> Any help is appreciated
>
> Jorge

0
Reg
10/14/2003 10:33:09 PM
Reg,

Yes, I ran a script that the file size is 139 KB, but we ran it multiple
times in our testing environment and never gave us an error. When I ran it
in my production environment and then force replication (ran dbremote) it
seemd that was able to send the message to some of the remote databases and
then it gave us the error, now everytime that we want to run dbremote we
receive and apply messages but when we dbremote starts processing the
transaction logs throws the following error.

I. 10/14 18:41:07. Scanning logs starting at offset 01145767713
I. 10/14 18:41:07. Processing transaction logs from directory "E:\Database\"
I. 10/14 18:41:07. Processing transactions from active transaction log
E. 10/14 18:41:08. Operation too large
E. 10/14 18:41:08. Sending messages failed
I. 10/14 18:41:08. Execution completed

Is there anyway to increase the message size in my consolidated DB so that
messages can be sent?
If i increase the mesagge size in the consolidated DB do I also have to
increase it in the remote DBs?

Thanks

Jorge

"Reg Domaratzki" <Spam_bad_rdomarat@ianywhere.com> wrote in message
> Have you executed a command in passthrough which is larger than your
maximum
> message size (default is 50kb)?
>

> --
> Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
> Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8
> Please reply only to the newsgroup
>
> iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
> ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
>    -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
>    -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL
>
> "Jorge Quintana" <jquintana@laborfinders.com> wrote in message
> > All,
> >
> > When I run dbremote I get the following error
> >
> >  "Operation Too Large" Sending Messages failed.
> >
> > Has anybody seen this before? Do you know how to corrected?
> >
> > Any help is appreciated
> >
> > Jorge

0
Jorge
10/15/2003 12:16:31 AM
You can increase the message size with the -l switch on dbremote, but in
order for the remotes to be able to pick the message up, they'll also need
to be running with the same value on the -l switch.

NOTE : It's not the size of the script itself that matters, but the size of
the operations within the script.  You can get yourself into trouble when
you execute an ALTER PROCEDURE in passthrough if the size of the ALTER
PROCEDURE command is greater than your maximum message size.

--

> Reg,
>
> Yes, I ran a script that the file size is 139 KB, but we ran it multiple
> times in our testing environment and never gave us an error. When I ran it
> in my production environment and then force replication (ran dbremote) it
> seemd that was able to send the message to some of the remote databases
and
> then it gave us the error, now everytime that we want to run dbremote we
> receive and apply messages but when we dbremote starts processing the
> transaction logs throws the following error.
>
> I. 10/14 18:41:07. Scanning logs starting at offset 01145767713
> I. 10/14 18:41:07. Processing transaction logs from directory
"E:\Database\"
> I. 10/14 18:41:07. Processing transactions from active transaction log
> E. 10/14 18:41:08. Operation too large
> E. 10/14 18:41:08. Sending messages failed
> I. 10/14 18:41:08. Execution completed
>
> Is there anyway to increase the message size in my consolidated DB so that
> messages can be sent?
> If i increase the mesagge size in the consolidated DB do I also have to
> increase it in the remote DBs?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jorge
>

> "Reg Domaratzki" <Spam_bad_rdomarat@ianywhere.com> wrote in message
> > Have you executed a command in passthrough which is larger than your
> maximum
> > message size (default is 50kb)?
> >

> > --
> > Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
> > Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8
> > Please reply only to the newsgroup
> >
> > iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
> > ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
> >    -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
> >    -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL
> >
> > "Jorge Quintana" <jquintana@laborfinders.com> wrote in message
> > > All,
> > >
> > > When I run dbremote I get the following error
> > >
> > >  "Operation Too Large" Sending Messages failed.
> > >
> > > Has anybody seen this before? Do you know how to corrected?
> > >
> > > Any help is appreciated
> > >
> > > Jorge

0
Reg
10/15/2003 3:38:57 PM
You may also want to try increasing the amount of memory available to
dbremote with the -m switch first, but I don't believe this will help.  This
would only need to be done on the sending side.

--

> Reg,
>
> Yes, I ran a script that the file size is 139 KB, but we ran it multiple
> times in our testing environment and never gave us an error. When I ran it
> in my production environment and then force replication (ran dbremote) it
> seemd that was able to send the message to some of the remote databases
and
> then it gave us the error, now everytime that we want to run dbremote we
> receive and apply messages but when we dbremote starts processing the
> transaction logs throws the following error.
>
> I. 10/14 18:41:07. Scanning logs starting at offset 01145767713
> I. 10/14 18:41:07. Processing transaction logs from directory
"E:\Database\"
> I. 10/14 18:41:07. Processing transactions from active transaction log
> E. 10/14 18:41:08. Operation too large
> E. 10/14 18:41:08. Sending messages failed
> I. 10/14 18:41:08. Execution completed
>
> Is there anyway to increase the message size in my consolidated DB so that
> messages can be sent?
> If i increase the mesagge size in the consolidated DB do I also have to
> increase it in the remote DBs?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jorge
>

> "Reg Domaratzki" <Spam_bad_rdomarat@ianywhere.com> wrote in message
> > Have you executed a command in passthrough which is larger than your
> maximum
> > message size (default is 50kb)?
> >

> > --
> > Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
> > Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8
> > Please reply only to the newsgroup
> >
> > iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
> > ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
> >    -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
> >    -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL
> >
> > "Jorge Quintana" <jquintana@laborfinders.com> wrote in message
> > > All,
> > >
> > > When I run dbremote I get the following error
> > >
> > >  "Operation Too Large" Sending Messages failed.
> > >
> > > Has anybody seen this before? Do you know how to corrected?
> > >
> > > Any help is appreciated
> > >
> > > Jorge

0
Reg
10/15/2003 3:40:04 PM
Reg,

We tested this and it seems to work, but we have the problem of syncronzing
the the change of every remote db installation to increase the message lenth
so that nothing gets lost of out of synch.

If I increase my message size means that all the messages are going to be
larger now or means that will be able to handle larger messages when they
come?
Is there is anyay to set the message length as a permanent option in the
database instead of using the command line parameter -l?
We tested where we increased the message lenth only in our consolidated
database and the remote database had a "Deleting corrupted message" erro
message and after that the pstrhough message was lost but unclogged the
replication process in the consolidated database.

If you have any other recommendations they would be greatly appreciated

> You may also want to try increasing the amount of memory available to
> dbremote with the -m switch first, but I don't believe this will help.
This
> would only need to be done on the sending side.
>
> --
> Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
> Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8
> Please reply only to the newsgroup
>
> iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
> ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
>    -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
>    -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL
>
> "Jorge Quintana" <jquintana@laborfinders.com> wrote in message
> > Reg,
> >
> > Yes, I ran a script that the file size is 139 KB, but we ran it multiple
> > times in our testing environment and never gave us an error. When I ran
it
> > in my production environment and then force replication (ran dbremote)
it
> > seemd that was able to send the message to some of the remote databases
> and
> > then it gave us the error, now everytime that we want to run dbremote we
> > receive and apply messages but when we dbremote starts processing the
> > transaction logs throws the following error.
> >
> > I. 10/14 18:41:07. Scanning logs starting at offset 01145767713
> > I. 10/14 18:41:07. Processing transaction logs from directory
> "E:\Database\"
> > I. 10/14 18:41:07. Processing transactions from active transaction log
> > E. 10/14 18:41:08. Operation too large
> > E. 10/14 18:41:08. Sending messages failed
> > I. 10/14 18:41:08. Execution completed
> >
> > Is there anyway to increase the message size in my consolidated DB so
that
> > messages can be sent?
> > If i increase the mesagge size in the consolidated DB do I also have to
> > increase it in the remote DBs?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Jorge
> >

> > "Reg Domaratzki" <Spam_bad_rdomarat@ianywhere.com> wrote in message
> > > Have you executed a command in passthrough which is larger than your
> > maximum
> > > message size (default is 50kb)?
> > >

> > > --
> > > Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
> > > Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8
> > > Please reply only to the newsgroup
> > >
> > > iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
> > > ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
> > >    -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
> > >    -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL
> > >
> > > "Jorge Quintana" <jquintana@laborfinders.com> wrote in message

0
Jorge
10/15/2003 4:19:24 PM
Increasing the message size may not necessarily change the size of all the
messages, it all depends on your send frequency and the volume of data that
is changing.  Unfortunately, the only way to change the message size is to
add the -l switch to all the remote databases.

--

> [...]
databases
> > and
> > > then it gave us the error, now everytime that we want to run dbremote
we
> > > receive and apply messages but when we dbremote starts processing the
> > > transaction logs throws the following error.
> > >
> > > I. 10/14 18:41:07. Scanning logs starting at offset 01145767713
> > > I. 10/14 18:41:07. Processing transaction logs from directory
> > "E:\Database\"
> > > I. 10/14 18:41:07. Processing transactions from active transaction log
> > > E. 10/14 18:41:08. Operation too large
> > > E. 10/14 18:41:08. Sending messages failed
> > > I. 10/14 18:41:08. Execution completed
> > >
> > > Is there anyway to increase the message size in my consolidated DB so
> that
> > > messages can be sent?
> > > If i increase the mesagge size in the consolidated DB do I also have

0
Reg

Error message: sending of message failed
Hi all.. WHen I try to send email, I get the following message? Sending of message failed. Error writing temporary file. This is my first time trying to send messages. I have windows vista home basic edition. Can you please help me? Yours truly Casper. Casper said the following On 03/01/2008 10:28 AM: > Hi all.. > > WHen I try to send email, I get the following message? > > Sending of message failed. > Error writing temporary file. > > This is my first time trying to send messages. > I have windows vista home basic edition. > &g...

Intermittent popup "Sending of message failed" errors
I found the following post in this Newsgroup, posted on 4/2003, by Jeffrey Kosowsky. > Under Win98SE, a random and changing proportion of my emails fail to > go through, returning the following message: > Sending of message failed. > > The message could not be sent because connecting to SMTP > server outgoing.verizon.net failed. The server may e > unavailable or is refusing SMTP connections. Please verify > that your SMTP server setting is correct and try again, or > else contact your network administrator. I&#...

Sending of Message Failed
Hi, Was "forwarded" a message with text and graphics (TBird 2.x) and I checked "edit as new" so that I could forward it... However, when completed, the 'send message error' box comes up; "Sending of message failed. There was an error attaching. Please check if you have access to the file" I am assuming that it means the 'graphics' files? How can I send this? What does TBird offer to help? Greatly appreciate this assistance. Thanks -- "Doc" in Los Angeles mailto: pc-dc-doc@nospam.comcast.net Doc wrote: > Hi, Was &q...

Message Sending Failed" .here how i overcome to this error
 Public Sub SendAnEmail(ByVal MsgFrom As String, ByVal MsgTo As String, ByVal MsgSubject As String, ByVal MsgBody As String)       Try            '  Pass in the message information to a new MailMessage            Dim msg As New Net.Mail.MailMessage(MsgFrom, MsgTo, MsgSubject, MsgBody)             '   Create an SmtpClient to send the e-mail        &...

CDO.Message fails to send email with no errors
I have had the same information form on my site for 2 years and it has always worked fine but suddenly I do not receive emails anymore.  There are no errors and the rest of the form works fine.  Once the user fills out the form it shows them a presentation.  That still works.  I thought maybe my email address was getting blocked due to spam but I tried various other email addresses, even those with different hosts, still no emails get sent.  My website is hosted by Network Solutions.  I called them and asked them if they updated their servers or made any other c...

FTP Replication STORE FAILED error message
Sybase 5.5.05 build #2764 - NT Server 4 Microsoft IIS for FTP Server Hello again, Found a another problem encountered at the remote end. It is happening every time the sql remote message agent is looking for incomings First error message "Server rejected invisible file name" Second error message "STORE FAILED" I tried to delete all the messages waiting for my remote so they would be sent again, hoping that would resolve the problem; but I could not delete one of the messages without taking ownership of the file. Info: The user account has not exp...

Error when sending replication message (SQL 5.5)
Hello, we are having a problem with a remote site for one of our customers. We have done a revoke remote, and restarted the replication. We are receiving messages just great, but the sending is interrupted. When we turn on debug, we get the following details: I. 12/11 11:50:39. connect SMTP I. 12/11 11:50:39. closesocket I. 12/11 11:50:39. Error: WSAECONNABORTED, connection was aborted due to timeout or other failure. E. 12/11 11:50:39. Error adding operation to message E. 12/11 11:50:39. Sending messages interrupted I. 12/11 11:50:39. Execution completed ...

Error Message: error position too large
When trying to load or select on a table the error message: error position too large appears. I have tried to recreate the table to no avail...the other 70+ tables were created and loaded without difficulty. What is the problem with this one table? Thanks, Peggy >When trying to load or select on a table the error message: error >position too large appears. I have tried to recreate the table to no >avail...the other 70+ tables were created and loaded without difficulty. >What is the problem with this one table? I've seen this error when I had an unclosed quote...

CreateUserWizard fails to send email with a great non-helpful error message
Hello. Trying to use the ASP.net user functionality but it keeps failing on me. I have created a login and registration page for my site. When you fill in the registration form it should send a confirmation email with a link to activate the account. Nothing hi-tech here. However, it fails to send the email and provides the following error message: Code: ( text ) Transaction failed. The server response was: sorry, the sender name and auth login doesn't coincide (#5.7.1) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review ...

i have a error message when i log in with username?? error message is that CREATE DATABASE or ALTER DATABASE failed because the resulting cumulative database size would exceed your licensed limit of 4
hello friends i have a error message when i log in with username. error message is below.. i use VS 2008 professional edition 90 days trial version. i used SQL 2005 expression version but i uninstalled it and i install SQL 2005 Enterprise version..but i see Express Edition with Advanced Services when i look at version information.. What should i do fix my error ? Cheers CREATE DATABASE or ALTER DATABASE failed because the resulting cumulative database size would exceed your licensed limit of 4096 MB per database.An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\Users\Jet\Deskto...

superreview requested: [Bug 238614] TB09 crashed after cancelling message send operation [@ nsQueryInterface::operator()] : [Attachment 185251] do not update progress bar after message has been cance
Scott MacGregor <mscott@mozilla.org> has asked David Bienvenu <bienvenu@nventure.com> for superreview: Bug 238614: TB09 crashed after cancelling message send operation [@ nsQueryInterface::operator()] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=238614 Attachment 185251: do not update progress bar after message has been cancelled https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=185251&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from Scott MacGregor <mscott@mozilla.org> I spent some time looking at lxr with this patch and it looks pretty safe. We only look at mGe...

superreview granted: [Bug 238614] TB09 crashed after cancelling message send operation [@ nsQueryInterface::operator()] : [Attachment 185251] do not update progress bar after message has been cancell
David Bienvenu <bienvenu@nventure.com> has granted Scott MacGregor <mscott@mozilla.org>'s request for superreview: Bug 238614: TB09 crashed after cancelling message send operation [@ nsQueryInterface::operator()] https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=238614 Attachment 185251: do not update progress bar after message has been cancelled https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=185251&action=edit ------- Additional Comments from David Bienvenu <bienvenu@nventure.com> you're right, it only seems to be used by smtp. I've verified this in th...

Please fix failed error message procedure
The error reporting procedure in thunderbird has a serious flaw, which causes me to have to kill the program. Not _exit_, but kill it externally. This is very annoying, could possibly cause data loss, & is poor sw design. Could someone please fix this? Is this mail list one that the TB developers monitor & respond to? Or, do I have to send this message to a developers list? == System: Thunderbird 3.0.4 on KUbuntu 10.4, quad core processor, 4GB RAM, lots of swap space, processor cycles to spare. Downloading mail from an IMAP mail server. == About once per day, 30 ti...

Login Error message "A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 1
 Hi all, I was wondering if any body know anything about this problem I'm getting with the login program?Thanks in advance.  A transport-level error has occurred when receiving results from the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 1 - I/O Error detected in read/write operation) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A transport-level...

Web resources about - Operation too large Error. Sending Messages failed. - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication

Operation Gladio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Operation Gladio ( Italian : Operazione Gladio ) is the codename for a clandestine NATO " stay-behind " operation in Italy after World War II ...

Six investigations underway into operations of state-owned corporation
... for revision The $1 billion state-owned Forestry Corporation is facing half a dozen separate investigations into its timber logging operations ...

Canberra family spreads Christmas cheer with Operation Christmas Spirit
It was a small gesture, but the generous family didn't realise just how big an impact they had.

How Ed Sheeran got himself booked for operation after yacht incident - DailyTelegraph Search Search
ED Sheeran will be forced to take some down time next month when he goes under the knife after his Australian tour. “I have to have an operation ...

Sydney counter-terrorism raids: 15yo boy among five charged as part of Operation Appleby was known to ...
A 15-year-old boy charged by counter-terrorism police has been known to police for several years.

Micron closing Puerto Rico operation, shifts work to China
Semiconductor maker Micron Technology is closing a manufacturing facility in Puerto Rico and moving the work to China. Around 185 jobs are affected ...

Failing Green Energy Firm Halts Operations At Federally-Funded Biofuels Plant
Failing Green Energy Firm Halts Operations At Federally-Funded Biofuels Plant

MGM Taps Mark Burnett To Run TV Operation After Buying Out JV Partners
MGM has agreed to buy the 45% stake it didn’t own in its United Artists Media Group joint venture from partners Mark Burnett, Roma Downey , and ...

Battlefield 4 The Legacy Operations DLC out today
... version rolls out at 08.00 UTC, PlayStation 4 09.00 UTC, Xbox One 10.00 UTC, PlayStation 3 11.00 UTC, and Xbox 360 12.00 UTC. The Legacy Operations ...

NXP Says Freescale Will Boost Operations in IoT, Connected Cars
With the $12 billion deal complete, NXP executives expect the combined company to be number one in such areas as automotive and identification ...