How to upgrade database changes in remote databases and consolidated databases

Hi,

I am Working in a project which uses Sybase Mobilink server as the
replication system. Now I have been given a requirement to automate the
upgrade databases chages in remote databases and consolidated database.

I heard the about "Passthrough" but I don't know how to use it.

I saw below topic in our forum

 PASSTHROUGH Question. How do I replicate DML ...

  1.- Created a Version_Tracking Table (contains columns
Unique_Record_ID, DB_Remote_ID, DB_Version, DB_Update_Time_Stamp and
DB_Error_Code).
2.- The new Version_Tracking table is part of a publication that
everybody is subscribed to, so any data updations done to the table are
be
replicated back to the consolidated DB.
3.- Passthrough statement sent to apply DB Changes contains logic to
trap any potential DB Error and to review if all changes were
succesfully
applied and insert/update a record in the version tracking (i.e if
there were no errors a record should be replicated back to the
consolidated
database with the  DB_Remote_ID, DB_Version, DB_Update_Time_Stamp and
DB_Error_Code information.
4.- Utility in the Consolidated site allows me to monitor all the
remote databases so I can determine who has succesfully received the DB

changes and who has not.
5.- When I determine that all remote databases have received and
applied the db changes succesfully then I Make my application upgrade
available.

Please do share with me if you have any prototypes or utilities that
you have developed for the above points.

Thanks in Advance.

M.Nageswara Rao
CTS.

0
Nagesh
10/17/2006 8:42:45 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The first question is to clarify whether you are using MobiLink or SQL
Remote. The PASSTHROUGH statement is a feature/function of SQL Remote. There
are other approaches to handle similar functionality with MobiLink.

One way to verify which synchronization/replication technology you are using
is to check whether you are using dbmlsrvX.exe/dbmlsync.exe (where X is a
version # such as 8 or 9) which are the MobiLink executables or whether you
are using dbremote.exe which is the SQL Remote executable.

Robert Waywell
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Developer - Version 8
Sybase Certified Professional

Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions

Please respond ONLY to newsgroup

EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
 choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all

To Submit Bug Reports:
http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/cx.stm?starturl=casemessage.ssc?CASETYPE=Bug

SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288

"Nagesh" <meet_nagi@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am Working in a project which uses Sybase Mobilink server as the
> replication system. Now I have been given a requirement to automate the
> upgrade databases chages in remote databases and consolidated database.
>
> I heard the about "Passthrough" but I don't know how to use it.
>
> I saw below topic in our forum
>
> PASSTHROUGH Question. How do I replicate DML ...
>
>  1.- Created a Version_Tracking Table (contains columns
> Unique_Record_ID, DB_Remote_ID, DB_Version, DB_Update_Time_Stamp and
> DB_Error_Code).
> 2.- The new Version_Tracking table is part of a publication that
> everybody is subscribed to, so any data updations done to the table are
> be
> replicated back to the consolidated DB.
> 3.- Passthrough statement sent to apply DB Changes contains logic to
> trap any potential DB Error and to review if all changes were
> succesfully
> applied and insert/update a record in the version tracking (i.e if
> there were no errors a record should be replicated back to the
> consolidated
> database with the  DB_Remote_ID, DB_Version, DB_Update_Time_Stamp and
> DB_Error_Code information.
> 4.- Utility in the Consolidated site allows me to monitor all the
> remote databases so I can determine who has succesfully received the DB
>
> changes and who has not.
> 5.- When I determine that all remote databases have received and
> applied the db changes succesfully then I Make my application upgrade
> available.
>
> Please do share with me if you have any prototypes or utilities that
> you have developed for the above points.
>
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> M.Nageswara Rao
> CTS.

0
Rob

Replication of consolidated database to remote database; for columns added to a table in the consolidated database.
I want to find out if I add columns to a data table in the consolidated database and then extract it for a remote database. Will the added columns appear in the remote database automatically? or do I have to deploy the extracted remote database by copying it to the remote machine. Currently the consolidated database and the remote database get replicated nightly and they have connections already established. Due to established connections, will the extracted database automatically get deployed to the remote machine with the updated table? Try it, that is the best way to check ...

Replication of entire consolidated database to remote database
Hi Friends, i need to replicate the entire consolidated database into remote databse through Mobilink.. can any body suggest me the simpliest way of doing????(what exactly i need is how to make my remote databse should contain same data which my consolidated has...) thanks in advance.... waiting for reply Govada "Nageswara Rao" <tnagesh@i-vantage.com> wrote in news:efRU$hd9CHA.317@forums-1-dub: > i need to replicate the entire consolidated database into remote > databse through Mobilink.. > can any body suggest me the simpliest way of...

Prevent sync of selected remote database changes with consolidated database
Hi everyone, I have query from one of my customers using SQLAnywhere 9.0.1. They are asking whether there is a way to prevent logging of certain inserts/updates/deletes such that these changes are not reflected in the consolidated database. I was looking through the documentation and found a STOP SYNCHRONIZATION DELETE command but I believe this only prevents deletes from being synched to the backend. You have probably written MobiLink scripts to handle the uploaded inserts/updates/deletes. You could implement a consolidated database table to hold the MobiLink user ids th...

Replicating passwords from one remote database to other remote databases
I am attempting to replicate password changes from a remote database to the consolidated database to all other remote databases. The reason I am attempting this is we are implementing "multi-user" remote databases, where a db user created on the consolidated can be on one or more remote databases. I want to only allow remote users to change their db passwords, but have those password changes replicate to all other remote databases. My initial thought was to have a table that maintained db user name and encrypted password that would be subscribed to by all remote databas...

How to delete duplicate rows from remote database when they have successfully replicated back to the consolidated database?
Hello, I have a SQL remote replication setup with a central consolidated database and many remote databases. For simplicity sake I have a table called period_sale (sale_code, period_number, sale_amount, branch_id) which participates in replication and the publication to which this table belongs has a SUBSCRIBE BY branch_id. Also the subscription that has been created for each of the remote branch to this publication has a subscription value of branch_id. In other words the subscription for branch_id of HAR001 was created using CREATE SUBSCRIPTION TO pub_dailytrans ('HAR0...

Server database remote to consolidated database
Dear community, our consolidated database "A" (db not determinated yet) and the database which to be replicated "B" (Oracle) are on different boxes. The Mobilink replication will be done between A and many clients "C". Questions: 1. Is it possible to configure the Mobilink Server to handle this configuration ? 2. If so, does the Mobilink Server pull the data via odbc from the remote database ? 3. If not, would it be possible to use for a replication between A and B the Mobilink Server (the client is A and the server is B) ? This barmy idea b...

database upgrade process when upgrading ASA9 database replicating with dbremote
Not sure where I should post this. I have bee doing some testing with SQL Anywhere 10.0.0.2417. I converted my publisher and one of the subscriber databases from ASA 9.0.2.3302. The Publisher and subscriber wer replicating fine when on running ASA 9. I ran the dbunload process on the ASA 9 databases and copied the old database log files into the SQL Anywhere 10 database directories. Now when I attempt to run the Replication process ( dbremote ) I continue to get an error that a log off set is not found "Unable to find log offset 018112048023" I translated...

create ASA remote database out of consolidated database
I am trying to make a remote database out of a consolidated database. The scheme of the remote database should be parallel in structure to the scheme of the consolidated database. The database has about 300 tables. In all our tables is a identifier company_id and in some tables (about 200) the identifier user_id. After the remote database is created synchronisation should work as follows: The tables with the identifier user_id are changed in the remote database and should be uploaded to the consolidated database. The tables with no user_id are changed in the consolidated dat...

Refreshing the remote database and changing database structure
Hi, I have Mobilink synchronization setup between two SQL Anywhere 11 databases. Everything is working fine but I wanted to know if it is possible to cause the remote database to refresh it's entire contents from the consolidated database. I previously used Intellisync to synchronise databases and it had a refresh option on the server which allowed you to specify a certain user and then at the next sync it would just download the entire consolidated database and overwrite the local remote one. This was useful if a device was reinstalled or hadn't synced for a while. At the ...

Disabling database changes tracking for remote database
Hi everyone, I've been battling an issue with slow synchronization for some time now and finally figured out some of the potential bottlenecks. I have a table that stores binary data, there is only a download scripts defined for the table (download_cursor, download_delete_cursor) as no changes are allowed to it on the remote database. However I see that every time the table is updated, on the next synchronization Mobilink uploads table operations for this particular table. Thus if the amount of data inserted into the table was large, on the next synchronization attempt all...

uploading data from the remote database to a consolidated database.
hi all, im using a ASA 8.0.2 build 4089 as a mobilink server in my win2k. and ASA CE 8.0.2 im my pocket pc 2002 device. im using mobilink sync server 8.0.2 build 4089 im confused which sync events i should use. to upload data from my remote db to the consolidated db. i need to upload rows from my remote db to the consolidated db. i tried upload_insert . upload_update events . but every time the upload_inster event fires first and it gives a primary key conflict error in my CD db. can any one explain me how to design the upload procees? i need to insert , update and delete in my co...

Schema changes (create table) on existing remote database doesn't synchronise existing records from consolidated database.
We have an existing ASA 9 database who syncs through Mobilink with an Oracle consolidated database. When we create a new table in the ASA database and that table with data already exists in the consolidated database, the synchronization will not download the records because the timestamp of the last synchronization is greater than the timestamps in the table on the consolidated database. How can this easily been solved? Thanks in advance. Finding a way to unload the Oracle table data into a file and finding a way to ship that file out, so that you can use LOAD TABLE statements ...

copy database one database to onther database
hii want to copy one database table to onther database table using script?my database is ms-sql server 2000 Nothing is really over,untill the moment stop trying for it...Amitsp(MCTS,MCP)sqlreporting.blogspot.com You can use import/export task and DTS package created automatically by Enterprise manager or just try  select * INTO [newdatabase].dbo.[newTable] from [sourceDatabase].dbo.[sourcetable]  good luckThanksJPazgier no dear i want to this programatticallyiusing c #,source is my database in local machine and target is other computer means server Nothing is really...

Please help: Mobilink script is applied to the consolidated database or remote database
Hi, I have a table called Customer in both Remote and Consolidated database. In the table there is a status field. i wrote in my end_download script: update Customer set status = 'd' where customerID = @customerID @customerIS is created in the begin_download script. I understand the end_download script above will affect the consolidated database. However, if i wrote in my end_upload script: update Customer set status = 'u' where customerID = @customerID @customerID is created in the begin_upload script. I dont know if the end_upload above will affect my...

Web resources about - How to upgrade database changes in remote databases and consolidated databases - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication

Consolidated B-24 Liberator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Consolidated B-24 Liberator was an American heavy bomber , designed by Consolidated Aircraft of San Diego, California . It was known within ...

IPO-Related Lawsuits Against Facebook Consolidated, To Be Heard In New York
All of the lawsuits over Facebook’s bungled initial public offering are going to make a brand-new start of it in old New York, as a panel of ...

Consolidated Media Holdings - Business - brisbanetimes.com.au
Rupert Murdoch is now at the mercy of two people in order to get his hands on a greater slice of the Australian pay television market - the Prime ...

More than 70 government agencies to be scrapped, consolidated in federal budget
Government to consolidate and scrap more than 70 government bodies.

Consolidated sells 23% BC Iron stake
Sky News is Australia's leader in 24-hour news. BC Iron shares have fallen 2.5 per cent after a major shareholder, Consolidated Minerals, sold ...

Former player part of consolidated bid to revive Canberra's NBL club
He played in the very last match for the Cannons in 2003, and now Brad Williams is one of the faces behind a consolidated push to revive a National ...

Australian gold miner Kingsgate Consolidated accused of bribing Thai officials
Thailand's Anti-Corruption Commission is investigating an allegation that Australian gold mine operator Kingsgate Consolidated bribed Thai state ...

Possible Seven bid for Consolidated raises ACCC concerns
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has raised concerns about a possible bid by Seven for Consolidated Media.

Gail Shea Denies Books Burned As Fisheries Libraries Consolidated
Fisheries Minister Gail Shea is denying reports that scientific research was burned or discarded in the name of cost-cutting. And Shea says the ...

Google Hangouts for Android getting smarter with natural language parsing, consolidated contacts
You've long been able to share your location with contacts in Hangouts chats, but the Google Hangouts for Android app is today getting a little ...