ASE to ASE

Hi,

  Is anyone out there doing ASE to ASE replication using SQL remote? If
you are have created your own version of the SSEXTRACT utility to set up
a replicant database in ASE rather than ASA? Or does anyone know if
SYBASE has created a version SSEXTRACT for use with ASE to ASE
replication?

Thanks in advance

Doug Trainer

0
Douglas
6/11/1998 9:10:18 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Douglas,

I thought the SQL Remote Replication support in ASE11.5 was meant for a
consolidate-database only (by design)! At least that was what Sybase
said when they announced support for SQL Remote technology support in
ASE11.5.

I will be happy to learn if Sybase has any plans for ASE support for
remote-database as well. I shall keep this option open.

Himadri

Douglas W. Trainer wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   Is anyone out there doing ASE to ASE replication using SQL remote? If
> you are have created your own version of the SSEXTRACT utility to set up
> a replicant database in ASE rather than ASA? Or does anyone know if
> SYBASE has created a version SSEXTRACT for use with ASE to ASE
> replication?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Doug Trainer
0
Himadri
--------------E825F91A12297D184EA46F0C

Himadri and Doug-

Yes, SSREMOTE is "intended" for ASE to ASA replication where ASE is the
consolidator, so as Doug noted, the extract builds an extract script and
unload file for ASA.  Now as Doug mentioned, you can modify the extract script
to actually affect an ASE server.

Doug, search the newsgroup for posts by Dave Fishburn where he comments on
this subject.  You can search this newsgroup easily using DejaNews at
http://www.dejanews.com/

I dont know of any tools anyone has written to do this yet, but I could see
some cool awk/sed/perl jobs to do the work.

Dave Wolf
Sybase Professional Services

Himadri Roy L. wrote:

> Hi Douglas,
>
> I thought the SQL Remote Replication support in ASE11.5 was meant for a
> consolidate-database only (by design)! At least that was what Sybase
> said when they announced support for SQL Remote technology support in
> ASE11.5.
>
> I will be happy to learn if Sybase has any plans for ASE support for
> remote-database as well. I shall keep this option open.
>
> Himadri
>
> Douglas W. Trainer wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >   Is anyone out there doing ASE to ASE replication using SQL remote? If
> > you are have created your own version of the SSEXTRACT utility to set up
> > a replicant database in ASE rather than ASA? Or does anyone know if
> > SYBASE has created a version SSEXTRACT for use with ASE to ASE
> > replication?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Doug Trainer

--------------E825F91A12297D184EA46F0C

begin:          vcard
fn:             David Wolf
n:              Wolf;David
org:            Sybase Professional Services
adr:            6550 Rock Spring Dr;;Suite 800;Bethesda;MD;20817;USA
email;internet: dwolf@sybase.com
title:          Consultant
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

--------------E825F91A12297D184EA46F0C--

0
David

ASE and ASE

Replication between ASE and ASE URGENT
HI everybody Can you help me please with the following question. We need to syncronize ASE to ASE ( bidirectional) Initially, it was planned to implement with SQL remote, but it isn't available. With replication server, it isn't a solution beacuse, the customer doesn=B4t have a comunntication channel all time. We think use Mobiliink Server to replictase ASE to ASE, but using an ASA in the middle, so that, first it replicate ASE to ASA, and later, ASA to ASE, is it this feasible ??? Thanks four your answer "Marco" <mbarrion@uniplex.com.ec> wr...

ASA To ASE - VS

ASE Replicator / ASE 12.5
Welcome, Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.0.3/EBF 10696 IR/P/Linux Intel/Linux 2.4.7-10smpi686/rel12503/1915/32-bit/OPT/ I had started ASE Replicator with primary connection xxx (with subs,articles,etc.), then I changed primary connection into yyy (and the rest). Everything was fine. But when I try to back to xxx primary connection Sybase returns me this error: 1> sp_addprimaryconn "xxx" 2> go Msg 32000, Level 20, State 0: Server 'ASE_Rep', Procedure 'sp_addprimaryconn', Line 1: Command <sp_addprimaryconn> failed - Could not add Primary...

2-way replication from ASE to ASE
We are looking at implementing replication server bi-directional. Specifically, we have two databases (for redundancy) on two differnet physical servers, two different ASE databases, but the two databases are named the same, and same architecture. Sybase Learning suggested the only way to do this is to use stored procedures (request function). This is not really bi-directional and does not have the data available in the secondary immediately. Using stored procedures will cause a complete re-write of the application, so it is not really worth it. What we wanted it to do is that i...

Replication ASE
Hi, How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db. other question is i wanto replicate data via email, is microsoft exchage server enough for this or i'll need other mail server. thanks in advance Joan jmcd wrote in message <37616E0E.91D29322@else.com.pe>... >Hi, > >How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because >when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db. > Hi I try this type of replication. In documentation i d...

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote
Since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, can I use it for replication from ASE to ASE instead of a more expensive Replication Server? Yes you can. A couple of considerations: 1) SQL Remote is not intended for near real-time replication. Even with the new hover mode features, you should plan on at least 1 minute latency in each direction. 2) SSXtract does not support automatically extracting a remote ASE database. You will have to manually configure the remote and consolidated databases, including the initial synchronization of data before you start replication. This is certainly...

ASE -> ASE replication with NFS mount
I'm still evaluating SQL Remote on ASE 11.5.1 to replicate data between two servers. All my tests to replicate database between two databases on the same server work fine using the file system as a way to replicated data. I am now trying to replicate a database between two servers still using the file system but using an nfs mount versus ftp but it does not work, the data is never relicated. Does the directory structure need to be the same on both machines? On the source server the directory structure is: /sybase_backup/replication/source /sybase_backup/replication/t...

ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote
Since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, can I use it for replication from ASE to ASE instead of a more expensive Replication Server? ...

Replication ASA-ASE stops because ASE is full
I have a replication between a consolidated DB on ASE and 4 remote DB on ASA. During a replication, ssremote was unable to apply messages from the remotes because the segments of the consolidated DB where full. The message of ssremote was : E. 03/31 06:00:06. bourget: Error 1105: Can't allocate space for object 'depot' in database 'stp_qual' because 'default' segment is full/has no free extents. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase size of the segment. I have increas...

ASE 11.9.2 -> ASE 12.5 Migration over Replication Server?
Hi, I've heared about the possibility to migrate an ASE (11.9.2->12.5, both 32bit) over the Replication server. Is it also possible with this solution to increase the page size (old ASE 11.9.2 with 2k -> new ASE 12.5 with 4k)? If yes, could anybody explain me please how that works? We've been using Rep. Server only for warm standby. Thank you in advance. Best regards, Marco Stroech ______________________________________________________ Marco Stroech Databases AOL Deutschland � Millerntorplatz 1 � 20359 Hamburg � Germany +49 (40) 36159-7454 � fax: +49 (40...

SQL Remote ASE
hi did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for ASE - ASE? our company need this feature. joan caceres electro sur este s.a.a. Hello Joan, Support for image and text replication with SQL Remote went in as of ASA 6 mainline, 6.0.01.1256, and SA maintenance 5.5.04 build 1938. Regards, Bob Bauer Sybase Technical Support jmcd wrote: > hi > > did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for > ASE - ASE? > > our company need this feature. > > joan caceres > electro sur este ...

Web resources about - ASE to ASE - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication

Asse (river) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Durance 43°52′28″N 05°52′43″E  /  43.87444°N 5.87861°E  / 43.87444; 5.87861 Coordinates : 43°52′28″N 05°52′43″E  /  43.87444°N 5.87861°E ...

Facebook Runs Survey to Assess User Perceptions of Credits
This week, Facebook conducted a user survey to determine usage and perception of its virtual currency Facebook Credits. Hosted on SurveyMonkey ...

ASE Pocket Guidelines on the App Store on iTunes
Get ASE Pocket Guidelines on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

CEC14 / Assess, Test or Terminate: What Future for Climate Engineering Research? - YouTube
Climate Engineering Conference 2014 Panel discussion looking forward to the next decade of climate engineering research. Featuring Andy Parker ...

ASE IT moves into iseek’s Sydney data centre
Cloud services provider ASE IT has signed a contract with iseek Communications to move into the vendor’s data centre in Gore Hill, Sydney.

ASSÉ recommends postponing student protests
The executive committee of Quebec student union ASSÉ is recommending student protesters delay their actions until after the summer.

Beef Recall: CFIA To Assess XL Foods Alberta Plant In Detail
... on Sept. 27.The number of illnesses linked to beef products from the plant stands at 11 people from four provinces, with the latest case confirmed ...

Postgame Video: Loctite and Fallon Assess Their Super Bowl Debut
... loveable losers dancing to the joy of super glue, was not only the first Super Bowl ad for Loctite, but for its parent company, Germany-based ...

Now That the Core Matters for Yahoo, Here's the Charts and Numbers to Assess It
... piece about the Q3 debacle : “The honeymoon is over … 15 months after she took over, Ms. Mayer has failed to translate Yahoo’s user increase ...

Hard Drives and Hard Asses
In a thread a couple of days ago, some of y’all were parsing the ever-lovin’ shit out of Glenn Greenwald’s report on NSA surveillance of Muslim-Americans. ...