ASA To ASE - VS - ASE To ASE

What are the differents in terms of configuring SQL Remote Between ASA to
ASE and ASE To ASE ?

0
BH
12/21/1999 9:48:26 AM
sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You should start with the Help file and then ask specific questions:

 Data Replication with SQL Remote
   PART 5. Appendix
APPENDIX A. Enterprise and Anywhere: Differences

There are many differences, so begin there.

--
David Fishburn
Sybase

BH Ong <bhong@tm.net.my> wrote in message
> What are the differents in terms of configuring SQL Remote Between ASA to
> ASE and ASE To ASE ?

0
David

Using Replication Server for ASA 9.0.1 to ASA 9.0.1 replication
We are an ASA 9.0.1 shop running on Windows XP. We host several of our clients and want to implement a warm standby server for recovery. We've looked into Mobilink and Remote server within ASA and don't like them. I read that Replication Server will support ASA, is what I've described doable? If so, is there a cook book? Thanks Eric ...

Replication of data between ASA to ASA database.
I am new to this replication server. I am trying to configure replication server to replicate data from ASA datbase to ASA database as per the steps given in ASA database administration document (Tutorial: Replicate data using Replication Server). But the LTM (replication agent is not working properly) I seems some step is missing in the document. Can someone please reply back with the steps? Thanks in advance. Is there a particular reason why you want to use Replication server to replicate between two ASA databases? Though this should be possible it is much more common to use SQL Re...

Replication between ASA 7.03 and ASA 9.x
Can a version 7.03 database and engine perform replication with a 9.x setup. We currently have a production database on 7.03 that we want to upgrade to 9.x, however management wants to make the 9.x replicate to the 7.03 incase for some reason we have to back the upgrade out. This is not a problem. The format of the messages that SQL Remote generates have not changed since v6, so a v9 consolidated database can exchange messages with a v7 remote ( and vice versa ). -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8...

sQLanywhere and ASA
Previously I used PB5 for my application and sqlanywhere as the database .. Now I'm using PB7 , I have migrate the application from PB5 to PB7 successfully. Is it possible to convert the database from SQLanywhere to ASA database without having to keyin everything again ? TQ. >Now I'm using PB7 , I have migrate the application from PB5 to PB7 >successfully. >Is it possible to convert the database from SQLanywhere to ASA database >without >having to keyin everything again ? Yes. You can simply begin using the ASA engine against your existing da...

Replicating with ASA
Is is possible with ASA to get real Replication in Real time between multiple ASA Database on Multiple Machines If so where can I get a good reference on how to set this up... TIA Jeff I've set up an ASA consolidated database replicating every two seconds to two ASA remote databases with a new record being added to each remote and the consolidated every second using the FILE based replication system. As long as you're using ASA602 or above (you MUST be running dbremote in continuous mode and be able to make use of hover mode), SQL Remote may be able to do what you w...

sqlanywhere replication technician required for seting up very small replication system
i have 2 locations running 10 user lans on each end. we use a package calle client data system for insurance agents, we need someone to set up for us a replication system between both offices. it uses sqlanywhere i forget which version . can anyone direct me to a person , resource in sydney australia that can help me with this herc ...

Replication is not replicating
The new database is added to the replication system but all tables on the RDB are empty. Setreptable is on and there's no uncommitted transaction. It is using default action class and there's no loss detection. Queue is caught up. We turned on "dsi_buf_dump" and it shows on the error log that the transaction executed on the PDB is replicated. However, the table is again empty on the RDB. Log is not full on both RDB and RSSD. Maint user is dbo. What else can I take a look at? PDS and RDS is 11.0.3.3, RS is 11.0.3 I don't remember since what version warm ...

SQLAnywhere Replication
From your manual Adaptive Server, 1997, replication, I did the tutorial starting from page 40. I did the replication on page 92. However, on page 93 at the field end I got the data for both rep1 AND rep2. The manual says that I should get only rep1 as per my subscription on page 77/78 What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Oded Szpiro oded@travelcafe.org Can you post the the publication you created. Post the subscriptions you created. -- David Fishburn Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions Professional Services Please only post to the newsgroup ...

dbmaint user error in ASA replication using LTM and replication server
Hi all, I have problem on using the ASA Replication Agent. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. I have installed SQL Anywhere 10.0.1 build 3559, and the Replication Agent Version 10.0.0.2465 I have tried the Tutorial of Replicate data using Replication Server of page 937 to page 945 of the System Admin Guide of ASA 10 (dbdaen10.pdf). When I try to start the LTM with the following command dbltm -S PRIMELTM -C primeltm.cfg The following error with Invalid user ID or password of dbmaint occurs (in DBLTM.log). Based on the tutorial we kept dbmaint ID and password the s...

ASA 7.0.2/ 1462 replicating vias RS 12.5 to ASA 7.0.2 / 1462
Greetings group, I need your help. Working on setting up Subscription based replication in the following manner: ASA 7.0.2 / 1462 (aka PDB) | | Repserver 12.5 ...

SQLAnywhere/ASA problem
Help! We have an application that has been around since PB 3. We are now using PB 7.01 and are getting ready to release an update. Part of our update process migrates data from the old DB into a new DB (whenever there have been structure changes). This process connects to the old (source) DB and the new (target) DB with 2 different transaction objects. With this new update, the migrator cannot connect to the SQLAnywhere DB, but it can connect to the Adaptive Server Anywhere DB. What gives? Is there some parm in the connectstring I have to set for ASA to connect to a SQLAnywhere...

Can I Replicate ASA?
When a person buys a copy of ASA 6 or 7, does he get everything he needs to setup replication between tables within 2 databases. Remote replication would not be involved and the 2 databases would actually run on the same box. In reading the documentation, I get the feeling that I need to purchase the replication server but can't find references to a replication server for ASA on the website... Thanks, Cory Johnson Rave Software Inc. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp No problem. Use dbremote. Cory Johnso...

ASA 9 replication
I have a situation involving a head office and several branch offices, and replication of some data. Head office makes changes to several tables in the database, and those changes need to be propagated to the branches. Not all branches get all changes however - head office needs to be able to control which updates each branch gets. Branches can also choose not to accept some of the changes also. We have tried using select...output... to create data files that can be used to transfer the data, then load table... to effect the update. The problem occurs with tables that have tex...

unicode replication with ASA
if I have an UTF8 ASA database which is involved in replication with an ASE 12.5.3 database, since ASE's varchar is not multibyte, which ASE datatype would better fit with an ASA varchar field? nvarchar or univarchar or what else? Thanks -- Michele Mazzucco michele.mazzucco@wuerth-phoenix.com W�rth Phoenix S.r.l. www.wuerth-phoenix.com ...

Replication server ASA
Hi all, Can ASA act as a replication server to other database formats or is this solely driven by ASE Thanks in advance "Russell J Morgan" <russell.morgan@careervision.co.uk> wrote in news:40337455$1@forums-2-dub: RJM> Can ASA act as a replication server to other database formats or is this RJM> solely driven by ASE Hmm, I thought I read something somewhere that a newer Rep Server did not have to rely on using an ASE database as the RSSD. What version of Rep Server are you using? -- David Fishburn NEW - Certified ASA Developer Version 8 ...

Web resources about - ASA To ASE - VS - ASE To ASE - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication

Assas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Coordinates: 43°42′10″N 3°54′00″E  /  43.7028°N 3.9°E  / 43.7028; 3.9 Coordinates : 43°42′10″N 3°54′00″E  /  43.7028°N 3.9°E  / 43.7028; ...

ASA - Wikipedia
ASA as an abbreviation or initialism may stand for: Organizations Acoustical Society of America Advertising Standards Authority (disambiguation) ...

ASAS 2014
The mission of the symposium is to fulfil the need for a dynamic platform for software architects. This platform is a place from where software ...

ASA - Advertising Standards Authority
The ASA is the UK's independent regulator of advertising across all media, now including marketing on websites. We work to ensure ads are legal, ...

Asa Fitch (@asafitch) on Twitter
Log in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Asa Fitch @ asafitch Dubai, ...

ASAS Pubs on the App Store on iTunes
Get ASAS Pubs on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Asa Portrait - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
with my camera, by Asa Mathat

Gov. Asa Hutchinson says Arkansas will comply fully with marriage decision, though he doesn't like it ...
Gov. Asa Hutchinson has issued a statement accepting the finality of the U.S. Supreme Court ruling on marriage equality and pledging state compliance. ...

Asa Jackson, Jah Reid cut as Ravens trim roster to 53 players
Baltimore Sun Asa Jackson, Jah Reid cut as Ravens trim roster to 53 players Baltimore Sun His release leaves the Ravens with just six wide ...

Nina Dobrev Joins ‘Arrivals’ Pic With Asa Butterfield & Maisie Williams
... screenings of horror comedy The Final Girls , she is now headed for Arrivals , I've learned. The actress will join Ender's Game' s Asa Butterfield ...