Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation

I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup.

My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's.

My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation
consists of these steps:

   - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote

   - Install the stable queues in the new Remote

   - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons
     server

   - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber

   - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, &
     subscriptions.

   - Manually bcp the table's contents into the new Remote's table

   - Execute all the Message Agents as before - with the new one as
     well.

   - (of course, I add all the appropriate logins, users,
     permissions, etc.)

The old members of the installation still talk to one another.  However,
the Consolidated can't receive messages from the new Remote, and the new
Remote can't receive messages from the Cons.

Msg Agent Errors:

Cons:  Not applying operations with old resend count

Rmt:  Warning: Received operations sent to previous extract of this
database or sent to pre-recovered version of this database.

Is this just a limitation of ASE-to-ASE replication, since I can't use
the "extract" tool -- or is there something I can do?

jshutter
9/5/2003 10:12:34 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.replication 4591 articles. 0 followers. Follow

After manually extracting the data and making it in synch on the remote
database, you should execute a remote rest on the consolidated for the new
remote user and on the remote database for the consolidated user.

See the following section of the docs :

SQL Remote User's Guide
  18. Command Reference for Adaptive Server Enterprise
    sp_remote procedure

--
Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8

iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
   -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
   -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL

"jshutter" <member38340@dbforums.com> wrote in message

> I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup.
>
> My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's.
>

> My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation
> consists of these steps:
>
>    - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote
>
>    - Install the stable queues in the new Remote
>
>    - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons
>      server
>
>    - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber
>
>    - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, &
>      subscriptions.
>
>    - Manually bcp the table's contents into the new Remote's table
>
>    - Execute all the Message Agents as before - with the new one as
>      well.
>
>    - (of course, I add all the appropriate logins, users,
>      permissions, etc.)
>

> The old members of the installation still talk to one another.  However,
> the Consolidated can't receive messages from the new Remote, and the new
> Remote can't receive messages from the Cons.
>

> Msg Agent Errors:
>
> Cons:  Not applying operations with old resend count
>
> Rmt:  Warning: Received operations sent to previous extract of this
> database or sent to pre-recovered version of this database.
>

> Is this just a limitation of ASE-to-ASE replication, since I can't use
> the "extract" tool -- or is there something I can do?
>

> --

Reg

ASE to ASE

ASE and ASE

ASA To ASE - VS

Replication between ASE and ASE URGENT
HI everybody Can you help me please with the following question. We need to syncronize ASE to ASE ( bidirectional) Initially, it was planned to implement with SQL remote, but it isn't available. With replication server, it isn't a solution beacuse, the customer doesn=B4t have a comunntication channel all time. We think use Mobiliink Server to replictase ASE to ASE, but using an ASA in the middle, so that, first it replicate ASE to ASA, and later, ASA to ASE, is it this feasible ??? Thanks four your answer "Marco" <mbarrion@uniplex.com.ec> wr...

Replication ASE
Hi, How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db. other question is i wanto replicate data via email, is microsoft exchage server enough for this or i'll need other mail server. thanks in advance Joan jmcd wrote in message <37616E0E.91D29322@else.com.pe>... >Hi, > >How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because >when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db. > Hi I try this type of replication. In documentation i d...

ASE Replicator / ASE 12.5
Welcome, Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.0.3/EBF 10696 IR/P/Linux Intel/Linux 2.4.7-10smpi686/rel12503/1915/32-bit/OPT/ I had started ASE Replicator with primary connection xxx (with subs,articles,etc.), then I changed primary connection into yyy (and the rest). Everything was fine. But when I try to back to xxx primary connection Sybase returns me this error: 1> sp_addprimaryconn "xxx" 2> go Msg 32000, Level 20, State 0: Server 'ASE_Rep', Procedure 'sp_addprimaryconn', Line 1: Command <sp_addprimaryconn> failed - Could not add Primary...

2-way replication from ASE to ASE
We are looking at implementing replication server bi-directional. Specifically, we have two databases (for redundancy) on two differnet physical servers, two different ASE databases, but the two databases are named the same, and same architecture. Sybase Learning suggested the only way to do this is to use stored procedures (request function). This is not really bi-directional and does not have the data available in the secondary immediately. Using stored procedures will cause a complete re-write of the application, so it is not really worth it. What we wanted it to do is that i...

ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote
Since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, can I use it for replication from ASE to ASE instead of a more expensive Replication Server? ...

ASE -> ASE replication with NFS mount
I'm still evaluating SQL Remote on ASE 11.5.1 to replicate data between two servers. All my tests to replicate database between two databases on the same server work fine using the file system as a way to replicated data. I am now trying to replicate a database between two servers still using the file system but using an nfs mount versus ftp but it does not work, the data is never relicated. Does the directory structure need to be the same on both machines? On the source server the directory structure is: /sybase_backup/replication/source /sybase_backup/replication/t...

ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote
Since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, can I use it for replication from ASE to ASE instead of a more expensive Replication Server? Yes you can. A couple of considerations: 1) SQL Remote is not intended for near real-time replication. Even with the new hover mode features, you should plan on at least 1 minute latency in each direction. 2) SSXtract does not support automatically extracting a remote ASE database. You will have to manually configure the remote and consolidated databases, including the initial synchronization of data before you start replication. This is certainly...

Replication ASA-ASE stops because ASE is full
I have a replication between a consolidated DB on ASE and 4 remote DB on ASA. During a replication, ssremote was unable to apply messages from the remotes because the segments of the consolidated DB where full. The message of ssremote was : E. 03/31 06:00:06. bourget: Error 1105: Can't allocate space for object 'depot' in database 'stp_qual' because 'default' segment is full/has no free extents. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase size of the segment. I have increas...

SQL Remote ASE
hi did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for ASE - ASE? our company need this feature. joan caceres electro sur este s.a.a. Hello Joan, Support for image and text replication with SQL Remote went in as of ASA 6 mainline, 6.0.01.1256, and SA maintenance 5.5.04 build 1938. Regards, Bob Bauer Sybase Technical Support jmcd wrote: > hi > > did anybody know when SQL Remote support blob (image, text) replicacion for > ASE - ASE? > > our company need this feature. > > joan caceres > electro sur este ...

Solaris ASE to Linux ASE
We are looking into using Replication Server to Set up Warm Standby of Production ASE databases - Primary site being on Solaris platform - Standby Copy on Linux. Does any utilize this configuration ? What is the best way to initialize data on the Standby Server ? What other issues should I be concerned with ? Hi, Technically you can setup Warm Standby across platforms. It may work well too with Replication Server. However, you cannot dump and load the databases (cross platform dump and load not supported), hence there will be issues when you need to resync your databases. Eac...

Web resources about - Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation - sybase.sqlanywhere.replication

Installation art - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Installation art describes an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that are often site-specific and designed to transform the perception ...

Installation Magazine for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod ...
Get Installation Magazine on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Typical Solar Installation - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... This is a newly constructed home with near total solar covering. Hi Tim, I have published this nice picture by you, ofa home with solar installation, ...

Adobe pushes scareware with Flash Player installation - YouTube
http://www.zdnet.com/blog/bott/adobes-latest-critical-security-update-pushes-scareware/4681 If you manually install the latest version of Flash ...

Telstra in dispute with customer over costly landline installation
Would you pay $5931.90 for the installation of a landline in a suburban area?

Martin Luther King Jr. art installation to commemorate Marquette Park march
Washington Post Martin Luther King Jr. art installation to commemorate Marquette Park march Chicago Tribune Sonja Henderson, artist with the ...

PV Market Alliance Estimates 2015 PV Installations Were At Least 51 GW
The PV Market Alliance has published new figures estimating solar PV installations during 2015 reached at least 51 GW. According to the PV Market ...