Upgrading from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2

We are planning to upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2.  The
documentation states that we just need to run dbupgrad and
then archive the transaction log and start a new one if we
do some replication.  Is it as easy as this?  I can just
rename the transaction log and then delete it.

Could you share your experience if you have done this
already?  We are concerned that we will have problems with
synchronization when we do this upgrade.
0
Rey
1/25/2007 10:39:27 AM
sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink 5254 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Rey Valera wrote in news:45b896ef.3028.1681692777@sybase.com
of sybase.public.sqlanywhere.mobilink:

RV> We are planning to upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2.  The
RV> documentation states that we just need to run dbupgrad and
RV> then archive the transaction log and start a new one if we
RV> do some replication.  Is it as easy as this?  I can just
RV> rename the transaction log and then delete it.
RV>
RV> Could you share your experience if you have done this
RV> already?  We are concerned that we will have problems with
RV> synchronization when we do this upgrade.

Make sure you try it on a test system with a couple of remotes to ensure
you have the sequence right.

--
David Fishburn
Certified ASA Developer Version 8

EBFs and Maintenance Releases
http://downloads.sybase.com/

Developer Community / Whitepapers
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer

CaseXpress - to report bugs
http://casexpress.sybase.com

CodeXchange - Free samples
http://ianywhere.codexchange.sybase.com/servlets/ProjectDocumentList

0
David
1/25/2007 9:03:43 PM
Rey Valera wrote in news:45b896ef.3028.1681692777@sybase.com of
sybase.public.sqlanywhere.mobilink:

Almost forgot, remember you ALWAYS upgrade the consolidated BEFORE the
remotes.

The ML server must always be at a version and build number greater than
or equal to the remotes.

--
David Fishburn
Certified ASA Developer Version 8
iAnywhere Solutions - Sybase
Professional Services
Please only post to the newsgroup
Please ALWAYS include version and MORE importantly BUILD number with
EACH post (dbeng9 -v).

EBFs and Maintenance Releases
http://downloads.sybase.com/

Developer Community / Whitepapers
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer

CaseXpress - to report bugs
http://casexpress.sybase.com

CodeXchange - Free samples
http://ianywhere.codexchange.sybase.com/servlets/ProjectDocumentList

0
David
1/25/2007 9:04:52 PM
Thanks David for your response.  I forgot to mention that
our consolidated DB is an ASE 12.5.  In that case, we will
only need to upgrade the Mobilink server, right?

> Rey Valera wrote in
> news:45b896ef.3028.1681692777@sybase.com of
> sybase.public.sqlanywhere.mobilink:
>
> Almost forgot, remember you ALWAYS upgrade the
> consolidated BEFORE the remotes.
>
> The ML server must always be at a version and build number
> greater than or equal to the remotes.
>

> --
> David Fishburn
> Certified ASA Developer Version 8
> iAnywhere Solutions - Sybase
> Professional Services
> Please only post to the newsgroup
> Please ALWAYS include version and MORE importantly BUILD
> number with  EACH post (dbeng9 -v).
>
> EBFs and Maintenance Releases
> http://downloads.sybase.com/
>
> Developer Community / Whitepapers
> http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
>
> CaseXpress - to report bugs
> http://casexpress.sybase.com
>
> CodeXchange - Free samples

http://ianywhere.codexchange.sybase.com/servlets/ProjectDocumentList

0
Rey
1/25/2007 11:52:05 PM
Rey Valera wrote in news:45b950b5.3dd5.1681692777@sybase.com
of sybase.public.sqlanywhere.mobilink:

RV> Thanks David for your response.  I forgot to mention that
RV> our consolidated DB is an ASE 12.5.  In that case, we will
RV> only need to upgrade the Mobilink server, right?

Yes.

--
David Fishburn
Certified ASA Developer Version 8
iAnywhere Solutions - Sybase
Professional Services
Please only post to the newsgroup
Please ALWAYS include version and MORE importantly BUILD number with
EACH post (dbeng9 -v).

EBFs and Maintenance Releases
http://downloads.sybase.com/

Developer Community / Whitepapers
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer

CaseXpress - to report bugs
http://casexpress.sybase.com

CodeXchange - Free samples
http://ianywhere.codexchange.sybase.com/servlets/ProjectDocumentList

0
David

9.0.0, 9.0.1, 9.0.2
My shop is moving to PB9 and is about to deploy with 9.0.0 build 5507. How stable is this runtime environment? I assume 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 are better, but that isn't always the case. I'd like to convince folks here that going out with a .0 release is a bit risky, but I haven't found any issues with 9.0.0 yet that require us to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2. Should I feel comfortable that 9.0.0 is fine, or are there solid reasons to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2 that I haven't found yet? I'd go with the 9.0.1 release - the latest EBF. I haven't personally taken 9.0.2 for ...

Issue with Upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2
I was wondering if you can help me with this issue that we experienced when we upgraded one of the ASA database that we are synchronizing from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2. The name of the database file is core5.db and the log is core5.log. After I ran the dbupgrad utility, I copied the core5.log file to the same folder and named it core51.log then I deleted the core5.log file. I got this error message in the attached log when I tried to synchronize. I. 01/31 10:32:54. Begin synchronizing 'ScopePub' for MobiLink user 'user1' I. 01/31 10:32:55. Log scan starting at offset 00004...

Mobilink Upgrade 9.0.0 to 10.0.0
I'm Using: ASA 9.0.0.1402 and Mobilink 9.0.0.1402 Upgrading to 10.0.0.2465 There is a very confusing read me in this folder: \Sql Anywhere 10\Mobilink\Upgrade\9.0.0\readme.txt Do I apply this file (upgrade_asa.sql) before or after I unload and reload or not at all? Can anyone help? Mike You should follow the suggestions from the documentation section SQL Anywhere� 10 - Changes and Upgrading Upgrading to SQL Anywhere 10 Upgrading MobiLink Upgrading your consolidated database . . . To upgrade a cons...

EASY QUESTION! Upgrading 9.0.0 to 9.0.2 question
Here's a quick and easy one for you: I am upgrading SQL Anywhere (on redhat 9) from version 9.0.0.1120 to 9.0.2 using the maintenence release, plus the express bug fix to bring me to build 3169. My question: although the server resides on linux, our clients access it via Win98. What do I need to download and install to update the client / isql / sql central on Win98? Please post to newsgroup. Thanks! Jason Boardman Jason, Provided you have already installed the ASA 9.0.0 Network database client components (ISQL and Sybase Central) on the Windows 98 machine, it is n...

Upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
Hi, i am new with Sybase, so any help is welcome. I have SQL Anyware Studio v.9.0.0 installed and it works, but I need a Lithuanian Collation (it is announced to be available in 9.0.1), so I applied a patch from 9.0.0. to 9.0.1. After this upgrade (and after ALL other available EBFs sequentialy) I cannot connect to my database (Sybase Central loads correctly). Here is a message after I try to load a db using Tools\Connection profiles\Connect... +-----------------+ | Stack Trace | ...

upgrade 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
Ok , I give up, Im at a loss as to why Im having the problems upgrading. I took a clean install of 9.0.0 and ran the upgrade script to go from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 , I then take the lastest ebf to upgrad 9.0.1 to 9.0.1.1912. Once this is done if I try and create a database I get the following error: [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to start database server Error code=-80 SQL state=08001 Connection parameters: User=DBA Password=*** ENG=asdfa START=dbeng9 -c 10M -gp 2048 DBN=utility_db I have also tried these same steps on another mac...

Swedish Firefox 0.9, 0.9.1, 0.9.2
Hi, PLEASE NOTE: The Swedish l10n page has moved to http://www.mozilla.se/ This has been previously posted on this list and to mlp-staff, with no reply or update of the mlp status pages. Thus, i repeat: Please update your links! The Swedish (sv-SE) l10n group has releasted language packs and localized builds for Windows and Linux of the Firefox 0.9 versions. Due to the security issues, Windows version prior to 0.9.2 have been removed. These language packs are considered stable and tested. Firefox 0.9.2 pack: http://www.mozilla.se/paket/firefox-0.9.2-svSE.xpi Firefox 0....

Upgrading 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
Hi, We're looking to upgrade the following setup to ASA/Mobilink 9.0.1: ASE 12.5.2 cons under RedHat AS3 ASA 9.0.0.1252 remotes under Windows Mobile 2003 Mobilink 9.0.0.1252 under RedHatAS3 I've read through the 9.0.1 upgrade documention: What's New in SQL Anywhere Studio --Upading Software and Databases ----Upgrading MobiLink Some things are still unclear to me: 2. After having upgraded our ASE cons via the provided sql script, must we run only 9.0.1 Mobilink servers against it? To facilitate the rollout, we considering running the original 9.0.0 Mobili...

2.0.0.9 versus 2.0.0.16
Name: Danny Eaton Email: dannyeatonatricedotedu Product: Firefox Summary: 2.0.0.9 versus 2.0.0.16 Comments: When I am running v 2.0.0.9, I have no problems. When Firefox AUTOMATICALLY UPGRADES to 2.0.0.16 (without having asked me if I want to), I have problems with Flash (on my wireless control server), and JAVA. I then have to uninstall flash, java, and Firefox 2.0.0.16, then reinstall 2.0.0.9, then flash and java. Huge pain in the ass. Why can't it just ask me if I want to upgrade, and if I say no, leave me alone? The problem only happens on this laptop, and 2.0.0...

Versions 2.0.0.9 and 2.0.0.10
Name: Bert Royden Email: walldiveratyahoodotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Versions 2.0.0.9 and 2.0.0.10 Comments: I downloaded the .10 version and immediately was unable to open any pdf web pages. I've gotten rid of version .10, but I have no idea where to redownload 2.0.0.9. There should be an easy place on your website to download previous versions of Firefox. Sincerely, Bert Royden Browser Details: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1) ...

ASA 9.0.0 and 9.0.2 On the Same Computer
Is it possible to maintain two versions of ASA on the same computer? I need to have 9.0.0 and 9.0.2 on the same server. Do you want to run both versions at the same time? -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8 Please reply only to the newsgroup iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer iAnywhere Documentation : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/base.do -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio -> Set filter to &q...

Upgrade from 9.0.1 to 9.0.2
I'm currently up to SQL Anywhere 9.0.1.2085. I want to get to the latest release since I'm playing with Mobilink right now but I can't seem to be able to upgrade to the latest EBF of 9.0.2 from 9.0.1. The iAnywhere update website states: "There are no updates to iAnywhere's SQL Anywhere 9.0.1.2085, for WIN32 at this time." I can see one more EBF for 9.0.1 on Sybase' EBF web site. Does this require purchasing an upgrade to 9.0.2? Thanks in advance, Bob Bob wrote: > > Does this require purchasing an upgrade to 9.0.2? > ...

Upgrade 9.0.1 to 9.0.2
Using 9.0.1 developer's edition, is there any way to upgrade to 9.0.2, or do we need to uninstall 9.0.1 and install 9.0.2? Thanks Wayne MRs can be applied to EVAL and Developer editions. Maintenance releases (MR) and EBFs can be found at 1. Go to http://downloads.sybase.com 2. Logon to mySybase 3. From the product families list, select SQL Anywhere Studio 4. Locate desired MR or EBF. NOTE: 1) You may need to expand the Timeframe dropdown and click GO! to locate older MRs and EBFs. 2) EBFs can only be applied to the appropriate MR. If the EBF is for a later MR...

Does ODAC 9.2.0.7.0 work with Oracle database version 9i 9.2.0.6.0 using VS2005?
I am using VS2005 and need to connect to an Oracle database. The Oracle database version is Oracle 9i 9.2.0.6.0 I have taken a look at the Oracle site (http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odpnet/index.html). I can download the Oracle Data Access Component - Oracle9i Release 2 ODAC 9.2.0.7.0, but will this work with our current Oracle database version 9i 9.2.0.6.0 ? Any help appreciated. Regards, Paul. Apsolutely.Install it, it will work w/o problems. Regards,Dejan VesićMCAD for .Net technologies | http://www.vesic.org/english/ | Blog: http://www.vesic.org...

Web resources about - Upgrading from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2 - sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink

Upgrading From Windows 1.0 to Windows 8 On Actual Hardware - YouTube
If you're watching this video, you've probably seen the other videos that prove it is possible to upgrade from Windows 1.0 all the way to Windows ...

Nuclear states still upgrading stocks

Apple users face issues upgrading to iOS 9
Apple customers were facing issues while upgrading to iOS 9, which was released this morning in Australia, technology blog 9to5Mac reported. ...

Upgrading IOIO to Bluetooth - YouTube