Upgrading 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 - Q2: Multiple Mobilink servers

Hi,

We're looking to upgrade the following setup to ASA/Mobilink
9.0.1:

ASE 12.5.2 cons under RedHat AS3
ASA 9.0.0.1252 remotes under Windows Mobile 2003
Mobilink 9.0.0.1252 under RedHatAS3

I've read through the 9.0.1 upgrade documention:

What's New in SQL Anywhere Studio
--Upading Software and Databases
----Upgrading MobiLink

Some things are still unclear to me:

2.  After having upgraded our ASE cons via the provided sql
script, must we run only 9.0.1 Mobilink servers against it?
To facilitate the rollout, we considering running the
original 9.0.0 Mobilink server on one port for non-upgraded
clients and the new 9.0.1 Mobilink server on another port
for upgraded client.

See question 1 in my previous post.

Thanks,

Craig
0
Craig
6/7/2004 7:01:10 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink 5254 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Once you've updated your ASE consolidated to used v901 ML table, only the
v901 ML Server should connect, and not the v900 MobiLink server as well.

To facilitate the upgrade though, your v900 clients can still synchronize
with the v901 ML Server with no problems.  There's no need to have two ML
processes running against the same consolidated database, since the v901 ML
Server can handle request from both v900 and v901 clients.

--
Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8

iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
   -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
   -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL

<Craig Hyatt> wrote in message news:40c4bbc8.bcc.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi,
>
> We're looking to upgrade the following setup to ASA/Mobilink
> 9.0.1:
>
> ASE 12.5.2 cons under RedHat AS3
> ASA 9.0.0.1252 remotes under Windows Mobile 2003
> Mobilink 9.0.0.1252 under RedHatAS3
>
> I've read through the 9.0.1 upgrade documention:
>
> What's New in SQL Anywhere Studio
> --Upading Software and Databases
> ----Upgrading MobiLink
>
> Some things are still unclear to me:
>
> 2.  After having upgraded our ASE cons via the provided sql
> script, must we run only 9.0.1 Mobilink servers against it?
> To facilitate the rollout, we considering running the
> original 9.0.0 Mobilink server on one port for non-upgraded
> clients and the new 9.0.1 Mobilink server on another port
> for upgraded client.
>
> See question 1 in my previous post.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Craig

0
Reg

Mobilink Upgrade 9.0.0 to 10.0.0
I'm Using: ASA 9.0.0.1402 and Mobilink 9.0.0.1402 Upgrading to 10.0.0.2465 There is a very confusing read me in this folder: \Sql Anywhere 10\Mobilink\Upgrade\9.0.0\readme.txt Do I apply this file (upgrade_asa.sql) before or after I unload and reload or not at all? Can anyone help? Mike You should follow the suggestions from the documentation section SQL Anywhere� 10 - Changes and Upgrading Upgrading to SQL Anywhere 10 Upgrading MobiLink Upgrading your consolidated database . . . To upgrade a cons...

Upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
Hi, i am new with Sybase, so any help is welcome. I have SQL Anyware Studio v.9.0.0 installed and it works, but I need a Lithuanian Collation (it is announced to be available in 9.0.1), so I applied a patch from 9.0.0. to 9.0.1. After this upgrade (and after ALL other available EBFs sequentialy) I cannot connect to my database (Sybase Central loads correctly). Here is a message after I try to load a db using Tools\Connection profiles\Connect... +-----------------+ | Stack Trace | ...

upgrade 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
Ok , I give up, Im at a loss as to why Im having the problems upgrading. I took a clean install of 9.0.0 and ran the upgrade script to go from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 , I then take the lastest ebf to upgrad 9.0.1 to 9.0.1.1912. Once this is done if I try and create a database I get the following error: [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to start database server Error code=-80 SQL state=08001 Connection parameters: User=DBA Password=*** ENG=asdfa START=dbeng9 -c 10M -gp 2048 DBN=utility_db I have also tried these same steps on another mac...

9.0.0, 9.0.1, 9.0.2
My shop is moving to PB9 and is about to deploy with 9.0.0 build 5507. How stable is this runtime environment? I assume 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 are better, but that isn't always the case. I'd like to convince folks here that going out with a .0 release is a bit risky, but I haven't found any issues with 9.0.0 yet that require us to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2. Should I feel comfortable that 9.0.0 is fine, or are there solid reasons to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2 that I haven't found yet? I'd go with the 9.0.1 release - the latest EBF. I haven't personally taken 9.0.2 for ...

Upgrading 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
Hi, We're looking to upgrade the following setup to ASA/Mobilink 9.0.1: ASE 12.5.2 cons under RedHat AS3 ASA 9.0.0.1252 remotes under Windows Mobile 2003 Mobilink 9.0.0.1252 under RedHatAS3 I've read through the 9.0.1 upgrade documention: What's New in SQL Anywhere Studio --Upading Software and Databases ----Upgrading MobiLink Some things are still unclear to me: 1. When upgrading from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1, must we upgrade the ASA database files? The documentation seems to indicate that this is required when coming from older versions only. Question 2 in a s...

Upgrading from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2
We are planning to upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2. The documentation states that we just need to run dbupgrad and then archive the transaction log and start a new one if we do some replication. Is it as easy as this? I can just rename the transaction log and then delete it. Could you share your experience if you have done this already? We are concerned that we will have problems with synchronization when we do this upgrade. Rey Valera wrote in news:45b896ef.3028.1681692777@sybase.com of sybase.public.sqlanywhere.mobilink: RV> We are planning to upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2. ...

Swedish Firefox 0.9, 0.9.1, 0.9.2
Hi, PLEASE NOTE: The Swedish l10n page has moved to http://www.mozilla.se/ This has been previously posted on this list and to mlp-staff, with no reply or update of the mlp status pages. Thus, i repeat: Please update your links! The Swedish (sv-SE) l10n group has releasted language packs and localized builds for Windows and Linux of the Firefox 0.9 versions. Due to the security issues, Windows version prior to 0.9.2 have been removed. These language packs are considered stable and tested. Firefox 0.9.2 pack: http://www.mozilla.se/paket/firefox-0.9.2-svSE.xpi Firefox 0....

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Issue with Upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2
I was wondering if you can help me with this issue that we experienced when we upgraded one of the ASA database that we are synchronizing from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2. The name of the database file is core5.db and the log is core5.log. After I ran the dbupgrad utility, I copied the core5.log file to the same folder and named it core51.log then I deleted the core5.log file. I got this error message in the attached log when I tried to synchronize. I. 01/31 10:32:54. Begin synchronizing 'ScopePub' for MobiLink user 'user1' I. 01/31 10:32:55. Log scan starting at offset 00004...

Upgrade from 9.0.1 to 9.0.2
I'm currently up to SQL Anywhere 9.0.1.2085. I want to get to the latest release since I'm playing with Mobilink right now but I can't seem to be able to upgrade to the latest EBF of 9.0.2 from 9.0.1. The iAnywhere update website states: "There are no updates to iAnywhere's SQL Anywhere 9.0.1.2085, for WIN32 at this time." I can see one more EBF for 9.0.1 on Sybase' EBF web site. Does this require purchasing an upgrade to 9.0.2? Thanks in advance, Bob Bob wrote: > > Does this require purchasing an upgrade to 9.0.2? > ...

Upgrade 9.0.1 to 9.0.2
Using 9.0.1 developer's edition, is there any way to upgrade to 9.0.2, or do we need to uninstall 9.0.1 and install 9.0.2? Thanks Wayne MRs can be applied to EVAL and Developer editions. Maintenance releases (MR) and EBFs can be found at 1. Go to http://downloads.sybase.com 2. Logon to mySybase 3. From the product families list, select SQL Anywhere Studio 4. Locate desired MR or EBF. NOTE: 1) You may need to expand the Timeframe dropdown and click GO! to locate older MRs and EBFs. 2) EBFs can only be applied to the appropriate MR. If the EBF is for a later MR...

Maintenance Release(64-bit), Upgrade of 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 Bad CRC check sum on archive?
I am trying to download with patch, and when unpuking i see error bad CRC checksum ? Why ? asamaint9linux_ia64.tar.gz 05/03/2004 53035258 Maintenance Release(64-bit), Upgrade of 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 Egorov Roman wrote: > I am trying to download with patch, and when unpuking i see error bad CRC > checksum ? > Why ? What command are you running when you see those errors? How did you download the file? Did you transfer it in "binary" mode? Which version of Linux are you using? I just downloaded the above file from downloads.sybase.com and successfully e...

Problem since installing SQL Anywhere Studio
hello, now i have a problem with the plug-ins for ASA and Mobilink, if i want to register the plug-in for any of this two ASA and Mobilink i got a message telling me to upgrade Sybase central to ver. 4.3.. i installed the EBF in the same directory where Sql Anywhere Studio ver 9.0.0 were installed, but now, i don=b4t get why i=b4m having a problem with the path of t his plug-ins how can i solve this problem? Thanks If you check the short-cut in your start menu to run Sybase Central, does it point to the Sybase Central 4.2 or Sybase Central 4.3 directory? If it's still p...

Prob. in Upgrading from 9.0.1 to 9.0.2
Hi, We are using the ASA 9.0.1 version with 1899 patch with VB.Net as the front end. It is working fine with iAnywhere.data.dll for that. Now we thought of upgrading the ASA to 9.0.2 version. i Install the ASA 9.0.2 version in my system. then i try to launch my application. it is throwing some dll version mismatch for ASA some thing like dbeng.dll. i am not able to launch my application. is this a problem with a version or any other things we want to set for this. this we want to know coz our clients may get the latest version whereas we developed in the 9.0.1 version. kindly tell m...

Web resources about - Upgrading 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 - Q2: Multiple Mobilink servers - sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink

Mac Spoofed: Upgrading [Low Quality]
PC teaches Mac about the benefits of upgradability.

Nuclear states still upgrading stocks

Looks like Labor's upgrading from Tarago to minibus
The people of Stafford have done the rest of Queensland a favour by electing Dr Anthony Lynham.

Upgrading IOIO to Bluetooth - YouTube