Sqlanywhere.general missing?

I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a
couple of weeks now.  Has something changed?

0
James
4/7/2003 3:53:20 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink 5254 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The newsgroups have moved to a new server.  You will need to reset your
news.

--
Joshua Savill , SYBASE
iAnywhere Solutions - Technical Support

"James L. Blackburn" <jamesb@round2consulting.com> wrote in message
> I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a
> couple of weeks now.  Has something changed?

0
Joshua
4/7/2003 3:55:34 PM
Same name, different IP address.  It confuses Outlook Express to no end.

--
Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8

iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
   -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
   -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL

> What is the new server?
>
> On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:55:34 -0400, "Joshua Savill" <js@iam.com> wrote:
>
> >The newsgroups have moved to a new server.  You will need to reset your
> >news.

0
Reg
4/7/2003 4:52:32 PM
What is the new server?

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 11:55:34 -0400, "Joshua Savill" <js@iam.com> wrote:

>The newsgroups have moved to a new server.  You will need to reset your
>news.

0
James
4/7/2003 4:53:17 PM
I am using agent and I can't seem to find a way to make the change.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 12:52:32 -0400, "Reg Domaratzki"
<rdomarat__AT__ianywhere__DOT__com> wrote:

>Same name, different IP address.  It confuses Outlook Express to no end.

0
James
4/8/2003 6:08:12 PM
It's probably best to unsubscribe to the newsgroup forums.sybase.com and
then subscribe again.  You will have to download all the message again.

--

> I am using agent and I can't seem to find a way to make the change.
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.
>

> On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 12:52:32 -0400, "Reg Domaratzki"
> <rdomarat__AT__ianywhere__DOT__com> wrote:
>
> >Same name, different IP address.  It confuses Outlook Express to no end.

0
Joshua
4/8/2003 6:12:21 PM
Try Online - Sample Headers from Selected Groups - retrieve all
messages posted in the past few days. That will take a while... it
doesn't download a zillion messages but it appears to *look* at them
:)... but it has been known to kick-start a newsgroup on the Agent
client side.

Breck

On Tue, 08 Apr 2003 12:08:12 -0600, James L. Blackburn
<jamesb@round2consulting.com> wrote:

>I am using agent and I can't seem to find a way to make the change.
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks.
>

>On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 12:52:32 -0400, "Reg Domaratzki"
><rdomarat__AT__ianywhere__DOT__com> wrote:
>
>>Same name, different IP address.  It confuses Outlook Express to no end.

bcarter@risingroad.com
Mobile and Distributed Enterprise Database Applications
http://www.risingroad.com
0
Breck

sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere server
Currently i am using sqlanywhere and powerbuilder tool as my system development. And i am developing a standalone system. Let say, if i want to migrate my standalone system to client-server system, how do i do that? I heard that i need to have sqlanywhere(server engine) to deploy my system as client-server system. If so, do i need to install sqlanywhere(server engine) into window NT or just normal pc(treat as server). For client-server system, do i need to install sqlanywhere server at server and sqlanywhere client as normal pc where my program is installed? Could someone tell me where...

sqlanywhere vs. sqlanywhere.generel
What is the difference between the newsgroups sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere.general? Markus, There is no difference. We are working on consolidating the duplicate newsgroups. Watch for notices, it will tell you where the combined newsgroup will end up. Cheers, Jonathan Markus KARG wrote: > What is the difference between the newsgroups sqlanywhere and > sqlanywhere.general? > > -- Jonathan Baker Director, Sybase Developers Network (SDN) Sybase, Inc. http://www.sybase.com/developer bakerj@sybase.com Jonathan, in order to clarify:...

Migration from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11
Do I need to migrate the database file if i want to migrate my application from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11? or a databse file created by SQLAnywhere10 will run fine under SQLAnywhere 11? Jorge, From: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.php#http%3A%2F%2Fdcx.sybase.com%2F1100en%2Fsachanges_en11%2Fv10upgrade-up-sql-any-123456.html ======== Upgrading version 10.0.0 and later databases If you are upgrading from version 10.0.0 or later, you can either use the Upgrade utility or rebuild your database. Upgrading or rebuilding is an optional step because the version 11 software ...

Mobilink SqlAnywhere 11
I migrated a pocketbuilder app from 2.0 and sql anywhere 9 to 2.5.1 and sql anywhere 11. When I try to connect to a database I get "SQLSTATE = IM003 [SYBASE][ODBC Driver Loader]Unable to load driver dbodbc10.dll" I imagine dbodbc10.dll is for sql anywhere 10 because I found a dbodbc11.dll in the PDA windows directory. How can I make powerbuilder use sql anywhere 11? By default, PK assumes the driver as dbodbc10.dll. Make sure that your DSN (or connection) has an entry for DRIVER=<fullpath for dbodbc11.dll>. OCF wrote: > I migrated a pocketbuilder app fr...

About SQLAnywhere...
Hello, I�ve developed a program with PowerBuilder 6.5 and the Sybase SQL Anywhere engine. I have a question: Can I distribuit my application with these engine?, or I have to obtain a license por each machine for instalation?. Thanks in advance On Thu, 26 Nov 1998 17:45:30 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Oscar Miranda <omiranda@sia.com.mx> wrote: >Hello, I�ve developed a program with PowerBuilder 6.5 and the Sybase SQL >Anywhere engine. I have a question: Can I distribuit my application with >these engine?, or I have to obtain a license por ea...

getting error after upgrading from sqlanywhere 7 to sqlanywhere 9
i'm using sybase sql server any where 7 and by using dbsrv7.exe i'm able to create db. it's working fine. no issues. now i'm upgrading to sybase sql server any where 9 and by using dbsrv9.exe i created db. this time when i'm using sysindexes table of sybase i'm getting error as Table name 'sysindexes' is ambiguous exception com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException because ASA Error -852: Table name 'sysindexes' is ambiguous com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: ASA Error -852: Table name 'sysindexes' is ambiguous at com.sybase.jdbc2...

Update Fails to SQLAnywhere, but PB/ODBC/SQLAnywhere returns Success...
I recently dropped a reply in the SQLAnywhere Newsgroup regarding the question of "Death by Curly Brackets" and am not even sure the problem we're experiencing is related, BUT basically, if we have a variable in an SQLA table of type "char" and then declare an internal host variable in Powerbuilder 6.0, and execute an Insert or an Update against the table, PB and/or SQLA both return success, but the table DOES NOT get updated... here's futher details... Check out the ODBC dump below, is this a bug in PB, ODBC, SQLAnywhere or ALL of the above ANY HELP IS ...

SQLAnywhere + Mobilink Mass Deployment
Hello all, I downloaded the developer edition of SQL Anywhere and so far I am impressed with the product. We are evaluating SQL Anywhere + Mobilink as a solution in a consumer product deployment. I am wondering if there has been any experiences with this. Primarily, we are concerned about putting the SQL Anywhere DB and the Mobilink client down on many desktops where we will not have control of the machine's configuration. Is the product robust to handle this situation without a lot of specialized configuration? Thanks, Ben "Sybase" <bgreenber...

Upgrade SqlAnywhere Server 5.0 auf SqlAnywhere 7.0
Hello, We want to upgrade our SqlAnywhere database server from 5.0 to 7.0. How does this work? Please help me. Many thanks, Gerhard You can either unload/reload or upgrade the database. The documentation discusses this. BTW ASA7 is currently in limited support. Current versions are ASA8 and ASA9 so it would be wise to consider going to a later version. <Gerhard> wrote in message news:41e3a189.7488.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello, > We want to upgrade our SqlAnywhere database server from 5.0 > to 7.0. How does this work? Please help me. > > Many th...

SQLAnywhere 11.01 missing features.
We purchased a 10 user version of SQLAnywhere 11 in Dec'08 in order to enable one of our prospective clients to properly evaulate our system as a 24 x 7 solution with high availability. We purchased the ASA 11 version as it was similar to the to the SQLAnywhere 10 version in that it was able to operate to support 4 processors and that it included a High Availability feature. Since applying the 11.01 maintenance release however, we have noticed that our installed 11.01 version now only supports 2 processors and that the HA option is not longer available. This appears to be a change ...

Failed to synchronize through Mobilink (SQLAnywhere 8.0.2 3601)
Hello I have test the application from him. He has problems to synchronize through TCP/IP. Version SQLAnywhere is 8.0.2 3601 I have test the application it is working and sychronizing when I connect a pocketpc though a cradle with activesync to the laptop. In this situation I can synchronize to mobilink. When I used the same procedure and try to synchronize when I connect the pocketpc with a cradle to another laptop in the same LAN I cannot synchronize I see nothing on the mobilink verbosing screen. So obvious nothing is hapening. I can ping the mobilink machine from the co...

SQLAnywhere 12: MobiLink Agent on Windows Mobile device, database not created
I am currently researching the possibility of upgrading an existing MobiLink 11 client application that running on Windows Mobile 5 or 6 to ML12 and enhance its maintainability by deploying the mobilink agent. For this purpose, I would like to do a bootstrapping of the client database through central administration in Sybase Central. I created a task "Remote database" that does the following: 1. Drop the existing database (on failure, continue) 2. Create database "{db_location}\mydatabase.db" 3. Execute SQL, which contains the entire load script for the db sch...

Disconnecting from SQLAnywhere
We have 3 customers thus far who have reported problems with their users getting disconnected from the database while running our application. All the users have ample processor speed and RAM and the networks are Novell 4.0 or NT 4.0 with service pack 3 applied. They are not logged out of our application, just the database. All are disconnected at once. Please let me know any ideas that you have. Thanks! >We have 3 customers thus far who have reported problems with their users >getting disconnected from the database while running our application. All >the users have ...

Encryption in SQLAnywhere
Hello, I am knew to this newsgroup Does anybody knows if there is a feature in SA to have the databases encrypted or at least to send the result of a request encrypted to the client. If there is no such feature, do you know if it is planned to be added and when Same question for Adaptive Server Many thanks Jean-Marc You can encrypt both the database file and the packets that are transmitted over the network. See "The database server" and "The SQL Anywhere Client" in the online help to see how to encrypt packets. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dealer So...

Web resources about - Sqlanywhere.general missing? - sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere