Setup ODBC connection to Oracle 10g RAC Instance using Oracle Wire Protocal

How do I configure Oracle Wire Protocol ODBC Driver to
connect to an Oracle RAC 10G instance.

The current odbc driver version is 4.20.00.81
0
Anthony
3/21/2006 7:32:26 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink 5254 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The v4.2 driver does not have support for Oracle 10g features.  You can use
this driver to connect to an Oracle 10g server, but you won't be able to use
any Oracle 10g features such as RAC or the new data types in Oracle 10g.

--
Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8

iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
iAnywhere Documentation : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/base.do
   -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
   -> Set filter to "Display ALL platforms IN ALL MONTHS"

<Anthony Lemoncelli> wrote in message
> How do I configure Oracle Wire Protocol ODBC Driver to
> connect to an Oracle RAC 10G instance.
>
> The current odbc driver version is 4.20.00.81

0
Reg
3/21/2006 7:40:04 PM
Thank you for the quick response.  I do understand that
failover is not supported, but your recommended odbc
document states that a connection to a RAC instance is
possible.  At this time I am unable to enable a connection
to the RAC instance using your Oracle Wire Protocol driver.
Can I configure the driver to connect to the RAC instance?

> The v4.2 driver does not have support for Oracle 10g
> features.  You can use this driver to connect to an Oracle
> 10g server, but you won't be able to use any Oracle 10g
> features such as RAC or the new data types in Oracle 10g.
>
> --
> Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
> Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer
> Version 8 Please reply only to the newsgroup
>
> iAnywhere Developer Community :
> http://www.ianywhere.com/developer iAnywhere Documentation
> : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals ASA
> Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/base.do
>    -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
>    -> Set filter to "Display ALL platforms IN ALL MONTHS"
>

> <Anthony Lemoncelli> wrote in message
> > How do I configure Oracle Wire Protocol ODBC Driver to
> > connect to an Oracle RAC 10G instance.
> >
> > The current odbc driver version is 4.20.00.81

0
Anthony
3/21/2006 7:53:46 PM
You should be able to connect to a single server in the RAC instance using
this driver.  How have you defined your DSN and what error are you getting?

--

> Thank you for the quick response.  I do understand that
> failover is not supported, but your recommended odbc
> document states that a connection to a RAC instance is
> possible.  At this time I am unable to enable a connection
> to the RAC instance using your Oracle Wire Protocol driver.
> Can I configure the driver to connect to the RAC instance?
>
> > The v4.2 driver does not have support for Oracle 10g
> > features.  You can use this driver to connect to an Oracle
> > 10g server, but you won't be able to use any Oracle 10g
> > features such as RAC or the new data types in Oracle 10g.
> >
> > --
> > Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
> > Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer
> > Version 8 Please reply only to the newsgroup
> >
> > iAnywhere Developer Community :
> > http://www.ianywhere.com/developer iAnywhere Documentation
> > : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals ASA
> > Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/base.do
> >    -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
> >    -> Set filter to "Display ALL platforms IN ALL MONTHS"
> >

> > <Anthony Lemoncelli> wrote in message
> > > How do I configure Oracle Wire Protocol ODBC Driver to
> > > connect to an Oracle RAC 10G instance.
> > >
> > > The current odbc driver version is 4.20.00.81

0
Reg
3/21/2006 8:03:22 PM
I will try to reply to this query by replying to another related issue. Hope
the thread continues there.
thanks
vsv

"Reg Domaratzki (iAnywhere Solutions)" <FirstName.LastName@ianywhere.com>
wrote in message news:44205c0a$1@forums-1-dub...
> You should be able to connect to a single server in the RAC instance using
> this driver.  How have you defined your DSN and what error are you
> getting?
>
> --
> Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
> Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8
> Please reply only to the newsgroup
>
> iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
> iAnywhere Documentation :
> http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
> ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/base.do
>   -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
>   -> Set filter to "Display ALL platforms IN ALL MONTHS"
>

> <Anthony Lemoncelli> wrote in message
>> Thank you for the quick response.  I do understand that
>> failover is not supported, but your recommended odbc
>> document states that a connection to a RAC instance is
>> possible.  At this time I am unable to enable a connection
>> to the RAC instance using your Oracle Wire Protocol driver.
>> Can I configure the driver to connect to the RAC instance?
>>
>> > The v4.2 driver does not have support for Oracle 10g
>> > features.  You can use this driver to connect to an Oracle
>> > 10g server, but you won't be able to use any Oracle 10g
>> > features such as RAC or the new data types in Oracle 10g.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
>> > Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer
>> > Version 8 Please reply only to the newsgroup
>> >
>> > iAnywhere Developer Community :
>> > http://www.ianywhere.com/developer iAnywhere Documentation
>> > : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals ASA
>> > Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/base.do
>> >    -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
>> >    -> Set filter to "Display ALL platforms IN ALL MONTHS"
>> >

>> > <Anthony Lemoncelli> wrote in message

0
vsv
3/28/2006 6:43:27 AM
sorry,
see my issue with title sybase central connect problem.
thanks
vsv

"vsv" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:4428db0f$1@forums-1-dub...
>I will try to reply to this query by replying to another related issue.
>Hope the thread continues there.
> thanks
> vsv
>
> "Reg Domaratzki (iAnywhere Solutions)" <FirstName.LastName@ianywhere.com>
> wrote in message news:44205c0a$1@forums-1-dub...
>> You should be able to connect to a single server in the RAC instance
>> using
>> this driver.  How have you defined your DSN and what error are you
>> getting?
>>
>> --
>> Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
>> Sybase Certified Professional - Sybase ASA Developer Version 8
>> Please reply only to the newsgroup
>>
>> iAnywhere Developer Community : http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
>> iAnywhere Documentation :
>> http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/product_manuals
>> ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/base.do
>>   -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
>>   -> Set filter to "Display ALL platforms IN ALL MONTHS"
>>

>> <Anthony Lemoncelli> wrote in message
>>> Thank you for the quick response.  I do understand that
>>> failover is not supported, but your recommended odbc
>>> document states that a connection to a RAC instance is
>>> possible.  At this time I am unable to enable a connection
>>> to the RAC instance using your Oracle Wire Protocol driver.
>>> Can I configure the driver to connect to the RAC instance?

0
vsv

how to implement login module using Oracle 10g database (logic & Oracle 10g Queries) and how can i use membership and roles with Oracle 10g & VS 2.0
 Hi all, Can any one tell me how to implement login module using Oracle 10g database (logic & Oracle 10g Queries) and how can I use membership and roles with Oracle 10g & vs 2.0. , for implement this is it compulsory to install oracle 10g server on the same machine on which I'm implementing this task  or otherwise i can use  other system as a server (like remote login or client server)  Hi,You should have the Oracle 10g Server or Client In your machine.In Case Client is in your Machine then Server Must be somewhere,that is enough to use.I hope then we ...

Problem in creating Oracle connection cache using EAServer 5.0,Oracle 10g
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub417ced02 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am facing problem to create connection cache using Oracle.I am attaching snapshot of EAServer properties which I set. I refered query dt. 21 jul,04 topic "EAServer JDBC connection to Oracle". But it not works. ---=_forums-2-dub417ced02 Content-Type: application/x-zip-compressed; name="Oracle connection cache problem.zip" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=&q...

Can't connect to Oracle using Oracle 10g Client in Windows 2003 Enterprise
Hi, My test environment is Windows 2003 Enterprise with Oracle 10g Client and IIS installed. I wrote a simple asp.net page to connect to an Oracle database and display a query result in a datagrid. But can't connect to oracle. It seems that .NET can't find an oracle client. I was wondering if I miss some steps to configure .NET framework or something. Any idea is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Joey Do you have ASPNET user account is added to the Oracle software installed folders/subfolders? If not please add and restart the box and see, that could solve your proble...

Can't connect to Oracle database using Oracle 10g Client in Windows 2003 Enterprise
Hi, Our test environment is Windows 2003 enterprise with IIS and Oracle 10g client installed. I wrote a simple asp.net program to connect to a Oracle database and display the select result in a datagrid. But can't connect to Oracle. It seems .NET can't find the oracle client. Any idea is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Joey...

Replication from Oracle to Oracle using Mobilink
Hello, we have a customer with an Laboratory Information System (LIMS) using ORCALE as Database. Now a second Lims implementation on another site is planed and we have to use Ora again. ( Please don't think we are Ora Fans, all other own build applications use ASA !) So we thout instead of buying expencive replication of Ora we could use Mobilink for two way replication. Has any one experiences in this ? Thanks Heinz-Josef dahlmanns@b-s-t.de MobiLink only support Oracles as a consolidated database, not as a remote. The Sybase option to replicated between two Ora...

Connect to Oracle using Oracle Names
--27197788-12003-985187237=:188 Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; CHARSET=US-ASCII Content-Language: en-GBR Hi, I'm trying to connect to an Oracle database using Oracle Names but cannot get it to work. If I add the database to tnsnames.ora it works fine. Is Oracle Names not supported and if not will it ever be supported? Ben Schol (ben_schol@hotmail.com) --27197788-12003-985187237=:188 Content-Type: TEXT/x-cdsi-msrtf; CHARSET=US-ASCII Content-ID: 0 Content-Language: en-GBR {\rtf1\ansi\deff0{\fonttbl {\f0\fmodern\fcharset0 Courier New;}} \uc1\pard\lang1033\ulnone\f0\fs20 Hi...

Oracle 10g Database connectivity in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop Version using ODBC
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4940f6b1 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have installed PB 11.5 Desktop version with all the EBF`s. I created a DSN for the Oracle 10g default ('Orcl') database through ODBC Administrator. I was successfully able to connect to the database through the DSN. Now I created a Database Profile in PowerBuilder 11.5 Desktop version for the DSN created above. When I tried testing the database connection I got the errors present in attached in document...

Oracle connectivity through ODBC vs Oracle client
Hai all I m facing problem , regarding retreiving data from a datawindow having date columns in 4 digit format. By using Oracle client connection report retrived without errors but by using ODBC it gives " NO rows found". Version Details are : PB Ver 7.0.3 Build 10135 Oracle 8i Can anyone tell the solution. Regards Shweta ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Does your data order match the date order for the database. i.e.,the client may use mm/dd/yyyy on the client side and the database may use IS...

oracle RAC and Oracle 11gR2 installation with oracle ASM
hi how to perform oracle RAC 11gR2 and Oracle Database 11gR2 installation with oracle ASM on open SUSE 11.1 x86_64?? what short of package to find for oracle ASM and OCFS?? regards -- csayantan ------------------------------------------------------------------------ You need to download the rac and asmlib stuff from oracle. You then need to present san storage to each node. You will then need to stamp each asm lun with /etc/init.d/oracleasm createdisk NAME /dev/sandevice. -- icorson ------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Oracle::DBI module
Hello, Can someone help with me a DBI issue I'm having in connecting to an Oracle 10g DB server? We have production scripts that loads data into DB (oracle9i) using DBI module. We recently migrated our database to oracle 10g. Our DBA has implemented load balancing on this 10g server and gave us the new tnsnames entry as... hoststring.10G = (DESCRIPTION= (LOAD_BALANCE=yes) (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=x.x.x.123)(PORT=1521)) (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=x.x.x.124)(PORT=1521)) (CONNECT_DATA= (SERVICE_NAME=xxxx) ) ) Currently, using the...

Connecting to Oracle 8i using ODBC
I am able to connect to Oracle8i using ODBC for an application that works very well with SQL Anywhere. I had following problems 1. SQLDB codes returned were different for the same errors between SQL Anywhere and Oracle 2. Static inserts like "insert into table_name .... :ls_emp_name, " fails Can anyone suggest what I should do? Thanks Sounderraman SQLDB codes do vary from database to database. That is why PowerBuilder handles it the way it does. The sqlcode code tells you if it worked and the sqldbcode and sqlerrtext hold the vendor error info. It is di...

Connecting to Oracle 8 using PB 7 Oracle Drivers
We're in the midst of testing a migration from Oracle 7.3.3 to Oracle 8. The environment is currently as follows: PowerBuilder 7.0.3 / Build 10108 SQLNet: 2.3.3 Oracle 8.1.7.3 If possible, we'd like to continue using PowerBuilder 7 interfaces to Oracle 8 (i.e. using PBO7370.DLL; DBMS = O73 Oracle 7.3). Initial tests using the Oracle 7 drivers here are successful but I'm concerned that we could run into problems later. (We're not planning on adding any Oracle 8 functionality to the applications at the moment). Is this a rather non-standard connection environ...

ODBC Oracle connectivity using an RPC
Hi All, I have a weird error happening that I cannot figure out why? I am using PB Pro 7.0.3 Build 10009 with the Intersolv ODBC Driver to connect to Oracle 8.1.6. I have declared a local external to a stored procedure that takes two parms one is a ref string parameter and the other is a long. Everything works great as long as the select statement inside of the proc retrieves at least one row. If it finds no rows it gives the following error in Powerbuilder. sqlcode: -1 sqldbcode: 999 text: An error occurred yet no message was returned by the database driver. I really don't...

Setup ODBC connectivity to Oracle on UNIX
Hi All, I am a newbie to Sybase world. I am trying to get a sybase environment setup for a web store in our company. I am trying to setup an ODBC connectivity to an oracle database on a UNIX platform. I would appreciate if some one can send me step-to-step procedure to get this working. Also please include a sample .odbc.ini file for Oracle connectivity. Also I need to copy data between from an oracle database to sybase database using this ODBC. Any information in this regard will also be greatly appreciated. I have tried AdaptiveServer Anywhere Database Administration Guid...

Web resources about - Setup ODBC connection to Oracle 10g RAC Instance using Oracle Wire Protocal - sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink

Police tear open roof to arrest man in connection with stabbing murder
Police have torn open the roof of a Gold Coast home to arrest a man in connection with the stabbing death of 16-year-old Michael Brack.

Paris attacks: Belgium connection probed as terrorist past of Brussels district of Molenbeek under spotlight ...
Prosecutors reveal a growing Belgian connection to the deadly Paris attacks, focusing on a poor Brussels district.

Cross-cultural Connections and Exchange: international study is more important than ever
... And, as a minority of ill-intentioned individuals and groups do their best to create divides, we need citizens equipped to create connections ...

Brussels Connection Under Spotlight After Paris Killings
(EurActiv) — Prosecutors on Sunday disclosed a growing Belgian connection to the Paris attacks as Premier Charles Michel conceded that a Brussels ...