Replication between ASE and ASE URGENT

HI everybody

Can you help me please with the following question.

We need to syncronize ASE to ASE ( bidirectional)

Initially, it was planned to implement with SQL remote, but it isn't
available.

With replication server, it isn't a solution beacuse, the customer
doesn=B4t have a comunntication channel  all time.

We think  use Mobiliink Server to replictase ASE to ASE, but using an
ASA in the middle, so that,
first it replicate ASE to ASA, and later, ASA to ASE, is it this
feasible ???

Thanks four your answer

0
Marco
9/29/2006 10:04:24 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink 5254 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"Marco" <mbarrion@uniplex.com.ec> wrote in news:1159567464.720914.281040
@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com
of sybase.public.sqlanywhere.mobilink:

M> We think  use Mobiliink Server to replictase ASE to ASE, but using an
M> ASA in the middle, so that, first it replicate ASE to ASA, and later,
M> ASA to ASE, is it this feasible ???

The only way this *might* be possible is to use SQL Anywhere 10 and the
dbmlsync new feature called "script based uploads".

Very basically it mirrors the scripts you write on the MobiLink server,
but you write them on the remote.  This introduces a lot more complexity
for you to deal with, but I believe it will allow you to do what you
need.

If you are using 9.x or below this is not possible.

--
David Fishburn
Certified ASA Developer Version 8

EBFs and Maintenance Releases
http://downloads.sybase.com/

Developer Community / Whitepapers
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer

CaseXpress - to report bugs
http://casexpress.sybase.com

CodeXchange - Free samples
http://ianywhere.codexchange.sybase.com/servlets/ProjectDocumentList

0
David

ASE and ASE

ASE to ASE

ASA To ASE - VS

ASE Replicator / ASE 12.5
Welcome, Adaptive Server Enterprise/12.5.0.3/EBF 10696 IR/P/Linux Intel/Linux 2.4.7-10smpi686/rel12503/1915/32-bit/OPT/ I had started ASE Replicator with primary connection xxx (with subs,articles,etc.), then I changed primary connection into yyy (and the rest). Everything was fine. But when I try to back to xxx primary connection Sybase returns me this error: 1> sp_addprimaryconn "xxx" 2> go Msg 32000, Level 20, State 0: Server 'ASE_Rep', Procedure 'sp_addprimaryconn', Line 1: Command <sp_addprimaryconn> failed - Could not add Primary...

2-way replication from ASE to ASE
We are looking at implementing replication server bi-directional. Specifically, we have two databases (for redundancy) on two differnet physical servers, two different ASE databases, but the two databases are named the same, and same architecture. Sybase Learning suggested the only way to do this is to use stored procedures (request function). This is not really bi-directional and does not have the data available in the secondary immediately. Using stored procedures will cause a complete re-write of the application, so it is not really worth it. What we wanted it to do is that i...

Replication ASE
Hi, How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db. other question is i wanto replicate data via email, is microsoft exchage server enough for this or i'll need other mail server. thanks in advance Joan jmcd wrote in message <37616E0E.91D29322@else.com.pe>... >Hi, > >How can i replicate data between 2 ASE servers using SQL Remote, because >when i use ssxtract it extracts a anywhere database .db. > Hi I try this type of replication. In documentation i d...

Adding ASE to existing ASE-to-ASE Installation
I am using all ASE's in my SQLRemote setup. My current installation consists of a Consolidated ASE & 2 Remote ASE's. My attempt to add another Remote ASE to the existing installation consists of these steps: - Install the sqlremote system objects in the new Remote - Install the stable queues in the new Remote - Manually extract a bcp file of the shared table from the Cons server - Configure the Cons server for another subscriber - Configure the new Remote's shared table, publications, & subscriptions. - Manually b...

ASE -> ASE replication with NFS mount
I'm still evaluating SQL Remote on ASE 11.5.1 to replicate data between two servers. All my tests to replicate database between two databases on the same server work fine using the file system as a way to replicated data. I am now trying to replicate a database between two servers still using the file system but using an nfs mount versus ftp but it does not work, the data is never relicated. Does the directory structure need to be the same on both machines? On the source server the directory structure is: /sybase_backup/replication/source /sybase_backup/replication/t...

ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote
Since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, can I use it for replication from ASE to ASE instead of a more expensive Replication Server? ...

Replication ASA-ASE stops because ASE is full
I have a replication between a consolidated DB on ASE and 4 remote DB on ASA. During a replication, ssremote was unable to apply messages from the remotes because the segments of the consolidated DB where full. The message of ssremote was : E. 03/31 06:00:06. bourget: Error 1105: Can't allocate space for object 'depot' in database 'stp_qual' because 'default' segment is full/has no free extents. If you ran out of space in syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase size of the segment. I have increas...

ASE to ASE replication using SQL Remote
Since 11.9.2 comes with SQL Remote, can I use it for replication from ASE to ASE instead of a more expensive Replication Server? Yes you can. A couple of considerations: 1) SQL Remote is not intended for near real-time replication. Even with the new hover mode features, you should plan on at least 1 minute latency in each direction. 2) SSXtract does not support automatically extracting a remote ASE database. You will have to manually configure the remote and consolidated databases, including the initial synchronization of data before you start replication. This is certainly...

Mobilink vs ASE Replication
Hello group, I am trying to choose a way to extend an already existing ASE Replication system and I am evaluating Mobilink. Let me describe you a bit the scenario.... There is an existing Replication system with ASE Replication (around 4 or 5 sites). We want to add to that existing system a database that will be placed on ship! So we are looking into mobilink and the features that it can give us in that kind of situation.... My question is how stable, quick and error free would be a solution with mobilink. My main concern has to do with database recovery in case of an err...

How to realize the replication from ASE to ASA using Mobilink?
Hi,I have installed Mobilink into one database of ASE12. What should I do next to make it a concentrated database and then replicate it to ASA? Thanks a lot. As a starting point, I would recommend walking through the tutorials in the documentation. That is a good way to gain an understanding of the basic steps involved in setting up MobiLink. If you encounter specific problems with the tutorial then the sybase.public.sqlanywhere.mobilink newsgroup is a better forum to ask MobiLink questions in. -- ----------------------------------------------- Robert Waywell Certified SQ...

Web resources about - Replication between ASE and ASE URGENT - sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink

Replication (computing) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... in space , i.e. executed on separate devices, or it could be replicated in time , if it is executed repeatedly on a single device. Replication ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

PolSci Replication (@PolSciReplicate) on Twitter

Encryption in demand for backup and replication: Veeam
When it comes to backup and replication, Veeam has found encryption is one of the most requested feature by businesses.

John Sands Australia cuts data replication time from 14 hours to three
Corporate data replication was taking up to 14 hours to complete at greeting card company John Sands Australia until data acceleration software ...

EMC gives VMware admins the reins to replication and recovery
EMC is putting replication and recovery into the hands of VMware administrators with a software version of its RecoverPoint appliance that's ...

Facebook Slashes Data Replication With HDFS RAID - SocialTimes
Avoiding replication is a key component of efficient data storage , and one method Facebook uses to accomplish this task is HDFS RAID , which ...

Google deprecates old App Engine datastore in favor of High-Replication version
Google is deprecating the Master/Slave Datastore used by its cloud platform App Engine in favor of the High-Replication Datastore (HRD), which ...

Art & Craft: The Story of an Art Forger Whose Artwork Replication Isn't Actually Illegal
Let me just start off by saying that I don't condone illegal forgery or theft—but I do think that someone who can put the art world in a tizzy ...