ODBC: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]

What courses this error(s)?
Please help

I. 2010-05-19 14:44:24. <Main> Local file for remote
synchronization logs: 'mlsrv.mle'
E. 2010-05-19 14:44:24. <Main> [-10002] Consolidated
database server or ODBC error:  ODBC: [Microsoft][ODBC
Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
driver specified (ODBC State = IM002, Native error code = 0)
0
Nancy
5/19/2010 6:47:56 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink 5254 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On 5/19/2010 2:47 PM, Nancy Jones wrote:
> What courses this error(s)?
> Please help
>
> I. 2010-05-19 14:44:24.<Main>  Local file for remote
> synchronization logs: 'mlsrv.mle'
> E. 2010-05-19 14:44:24.<Main>  [-10002] Consolidated
> database server or ODBC error:  ODBC: [Microsoft][ODBC
> Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
> driver specified (ODBC State = IM002, Native error code = 0)

This error occurs when MobiLink starts up but cannot find the DSN name
that you specified in the connect string for the consolidated database.
  Is it possible that you are starting the ML Server as a service, but
have defined a user-level as opposed to a system-level DSN?

--
Reg Domaratzki - Sybase
Please reply only to the newsgroup

Documentation : Exercise your WRITE @DocCommentXchange: DCX.sybase.com
SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/base.do
    -> Choose SQL Anywhere
    -> Optionally set filter to "Display ALL platforms IN ALL MONTHS"
0
Reg
5/19/2010 6:55:20 PM
I have defined a System Level DNS
Yes, I am starting ML Server as a service.
Still I am getting this error.

I also tried:
-c "ENG=PROSERVER;DBN=SQLIDB;UID=dba;PWD=sql"

But same error.

> On 5/19/2010 2:47 PM, Nancy Jones wrote:
> > What courses this error(s)?
> > Please help
> >
> > I. 2010-05-19 14:44:24.<Main>  Local file for remote
> > synchronization logs: 'mlsrv.mle'
> > E. 2010-05-19 14:44:24.<Main>  [-10002] Consolidated
> > database server or ODBC error:  ODBC: [Microsoft][ODBC
> > Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
> > default driver specified (ODBC State = IM002, Native
> error code = 0)
>
> This error occurs when MobiLink starts up but cannot find
> the DSN name  that you specified in the connect string for
> the consolidated database.
>   Is it possible that you are starting the ML Server as a
> service, but  have defined a user-level as opposed to a
> system-level DSN?
>
> --
> Reg Domaratzki - Sybase
> Please reply only to the newsgroup
>
> Documentation : Exercise your WRITE @DocCommentXchange:
> DCX.sybase.com SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs :
> http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/base.do
>     -> Choose SQL Anywhere
>     -> Optionally set filter to "Display ALL platforms IN
> ALL MONTHS"
0
Nancy
5/19/2010 7:36:27 PM
When I use:
-c "ENG=PROSERVER;DBN=SQLIDB;UID=dba;PWD=sql"
Error is like:
I. 2010-05-19 15:40:45. <Main> Local file for remote
synchronization logs: 'mlsrv.mle'
E. 2010-05-19 15:40:45. <Main> [-10002] Consolidated
database server or ODBC error:  ODBC: [Microsoft][ODBC
Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default
driver specified (ODBC State = IM002, Native error code = 0)

When I use:
-c "DNS=SQLIDBTEST; (System - level)

The error is like:
I. 2010-05-19 15:32:08. <Main> Local file for remote
synchronization logs: 'mlsrv.mle'
E. 2010-05-19 15:32:08. <Main> [-10002] Consolidated
database server or ODBC error:  ODBC: [Sybase][ODBC
Driver][SQL Anywhere]Table 'ml_user' not found (ODBC State =
42S02, Native error code = -141)

> I have defined a System Level DNS
> Yes, I am starting ML Server as a service.
> Still I am getting this error.
>
> I also tried:
> -c "ENG=PROSERVER;DBN=SQLIDB;UID=dba;PWD=sql"
>
> But same error.
>
> > On 5/19/2010 2:47 PM, Nancy Jones wrote:
> > > What courses this error(s)?
> > > Please help
> > >
> > > I. 2010-05-19 14:44:24.<Main>  Local file for remote
> > > synchronization logs: 'mlsrv.mle'
> > > E. 2010-05-19 14:44:24.<Main>  [-10002] Consolidated
> > > database server or ODBC error:  ODBC: [Microsoft][ODBC
> > > Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no
> > > default driver specified (ODBC State = IM002, Native
> > error code = 0)
> >
> > This error occurs when MobiLink starts up but cannot
> > find the DSN name  that you specified in the connect
> > string for the consolidated database.
> >   Is it possible that you are starting the ML Server as
> > a service, but  have defined a user-level as opposed to
> > a system-level DSN?
> >
> > --
> > Reg Domaratzki - Sybase
> > Please reply only to the newsgroup
> >
> > Documentation : Exercise your WRITE @DocCommentXchange:
> > DCX.sybase.com SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs :
> > http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/base.do
> >     -> Choose SQL Anywhere
> >     -> Optionally set filter to "Display ALL platforms
> > IN ALL MONTHS"
0
Nancy
5/19/2010 7:52:28 PM
On 5/19/2010 3:52 PM, Nancy Jones wrote:
> When I use:
> -c "DNS=SQLIDBTEST; (System - level)
>
> The error is like:
> I. 2010-05-19 15:32:08.<Main>  Local file for remote
> synchronization logs: 'mlsrv.mle'
> E. 2010-05-19 15:32:08.<Main>  [-10002] Consolidated
> database server or ODBC error:  ODBC: [Sybase][ODBC
> Driver][SQL Anywhere]Table 'ml_user' not found (ODBC State =
> 42S02, Native error code = -141)

This is the correct syntax to use (assuming you typed DSN= and not
DNS=), and the different error indicates that you are now connecting to
the database.

The next error indicates that you have not created the ML System tables
against the database you've connected to.  The script file exists at
%SQLANY11%\mobilink\setup\syncsa.sql, and you will need to manually run
this against the consolidate, unless you've deployed a synchronization
model to the consolidated database, which should run the script
automatically for you.

--
Reg Domaratzki - Sybase
Please reply only to the newsgroup

Documentation : Exercise your WRITE @DocCommentXchange: DCX.sybase.com
SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/base.do
    -> Choose SQL Anywhere
    -> Optionally set filter to "Display ALL platforms IN ALL MONTHS"
0
Reg
5/19/2010 7:59:22 PM
Thank you so much.
Finally ml server started for me.

> On 5/19/2010 3:52 PM, Nancy Jones wrote:
> > When I use:
> > -c "DNS=SQLIDBTEST; (System - level)
> >
> > The error is like:
> > I. 2010-05-19 15:32:08.<Main>  Local file for remote
> > synchronization logs: 'mlsrv.mle'
> > E. 2010-05-19 15:32:08.<Main>  [-10002] Consolidated
> > database server or ODBC error:  ODBC: [Sybase][ODBC
> > Driver][SQL Anywhere]Table 'ml_user' not found (ODBC
> > State = 42S02, Native error code = -141)
>
> This is the correct syntax to use (assuming you typed DSN=
> and not  DNS=), and the different error indicates that you
> are now connecting to  the database.
>
> The next error indicates that you have not created the ML
> System tables  against the database you've connected to.
> The script file exists at
> %SQLANY11%\mobilink\setup\syncsa.sql, and you will need to
> manually run  this against the consolidate, unless you've
> deployed a synchronization  model to the consolidated
> database, which should run the script  automatically for
> you.
>
> --
> Reg Domaratzki - Sybase
> Please reply only to the newsgroup
>
> Documentation : Exercise your WRITE @DocCommentXchange:
> DCX.sybase.com SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs :
> http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/base.do
>     -> Choose SQL Anywhere
>     -> Optionally set filter to "Display ALL platforms IN
> ALL MONTHS"
0
Nancy
5/19/2010 8:53:19 PM
What is the use of all those massive number of system tables
made by %SQLANY11%\mobilink\setup\syncsa.sql.

Don't we have a simple way to use Mobilink?

> Thank you so much.
> Finally ml server started for me.
>
> > On 5/19/2010 3:52 PM, Nancy Jones wrote:
> > > When I use:
> > > -c "DNS=SQLIDBTEST; (System - level)
> > >
> > > The error is like:
> > > I. 2010-05-19 15:32:08.<Main>  Local file for remote
> > > synchronization logs: 'mlsrv.mle'
> > > E. 2010-05-19 15:32:08.<Main>  [-10002] Consolidated
> > > database server or ODBC error:  ODBC: [Sybase][ODBC
> > > Driver][SQL Anywhere]Table 'ml_user' not found (ODBC
> > > State = 42S02, Native error code = -141)
> >
> > This is the correct syntax to use (assuming you typed
> > DSN= and not  DNS=), and the different error indicates
> > that you are now connecting to  the database.
> >
> > The next error indicates that you have not created the
> > ML System tables  against the database you've connected
> > to. The script file exists at
> > %SQLANY11%\mobilink\setup\syncsa.sql, and you will need
> > to manually run  this against the consolidate, unless
> > you've deployed a synchronization  model to the
> > consolidated database, which should run the script
> > automatically for you.
> >
> > --
> > Reg Domaratzki - Sybase
> > Please reply only to the newsgroup
> >
> > Documentation : Exercise your WRITE @DocCommentXchange:
> > DCX.sybase.com SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs :
> > http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/base.do
> >     -> Choose SQL Anywhere
> >     -> Optionally set filter to "Display ALL platforms
> > IN ALL MONTHS"
0
Nancy
5/20/2010 1:08:53 PM
On 5/20/2010 9:08 AM, Nancy Jones wrote:
> What is the use of all those massive number of system tables
> made by %SQLANY11%\mobilink\setup\syncsa.sql.
>
> Don't we have a simple way to use Mobilink?

Those tables store the synchronization scripts used during
synchronization and track the progress information of your remote
databases.  There are also tables created in case you are using
QAnywhere or Server Initiated Synchronization, so if you're not using
those features, about 2/3rds of the tables/stored procedures/triggers
will never be used.  You shouldn't need to worry about the system tables
though.  You'll never be manipulating them directly, but will likely be
modifying them through either Sybase Central or stored procedure calls.

The easiest way to get started with MobiLink is to create a
Synchronization Model in Sybase Central.  Have you looked through the
Tutorials in the documentation?

http://dcx.sybase.com/index.php#1101en/mlstart_en11/mg-part-tutorials.html

The first tutorial steps you through using the Synchronization Model in
Sybase Central, and the 2nd tutorial gives you a little glimpse into
what the Synchronization Model is doing under the covers to create your
synchronization scripts and users as well as your remote database.

--
Reg Domaratzki - Sybase
Please reply only to the newsgroup

Documentation : Exercise your WRITE @DocCommentXchange: DCX.sybase.com
SQL Anywhere Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swd/base.do
    -> Choose SQL Anywhere
    -> Optionally set filter to "Display ALL platforms IN ALL MONTHS"
0
Reg

ODBC connect to Access database fails [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range
I was connecting and updating an Access97 Database OK. Office2000 was installed by our Help Desk and now I get the error SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Program Type out of Range I tried creating an New ODBC entry with a newly created MSAccess database but got the same error. Any Help Appreciated I remember having this error also. What i did to solve it was the following -click the database painter -you get a list of all tables of your current db -press cancel button -change your connect in File/connect to the correct db. HTH John Which P...

{System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [25000] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Failed to enlist on calling object's transaction
Hi All I am using Enterprise Library 3.1 to connect MySQL database with the help of MySQL ODBC driver 5.1. Following is connection string <add name="MySQLConnect" connectionString="Driver={MySQL ODBC 5.1 Driver};server=127.0.0.1;database=MySQLDatabase;user=testUser;option=3" providerName="System.Data.Odbc"/> Everything works fine with this driver except the transaction. Following transaction code always throws an error. {System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [25000] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Failed to enlist on calling object's transa...

Microsoft.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]
Hi Everybody, On localhost this application works fine but when I put on remote server. I am getting following errors. For both localhost and server, I am using same remote sql 2000. I will appreciate any help. Thanks, Arif Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ERROR [42000] [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Line 1: Incorrect syntax near ')'. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more i...

[IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed
hi all,  I am getting this error "[IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed", I am uing XP,and SP3 packs. The main Prob is the same code is running on one system...when i run in other system it is giving this error....   thanks murthy    Thanks & Regards,Murthy. Hi murthysrn, I don't know what's your connection string, but I recommend you to check it again and ensure it's correct. You may take a look at the connection strings samples in this link: http://www.connectionstrings.com/ Also, pleas...

ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed
I am Building my first ASP.Net login page and I get the following error when I attemptto access a MS Access database file.  ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.Odbc.OdbcException: ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failedSource Error: Line 64: 'Calls Data...

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
I receive an error message reading "SQLSTATE=IM002[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified" when I try to run my old PB4 app in Windows 2000. I know nothing about odbc. Could anyone please tell me how to solve this (my database is an old MS Access 97 db)? Thanks very much in anticipation. Martine Gu�bel mgu@writetc.be Please refrain from crossposting. This error indicates that you do not have a DSN defined on the machine -or- that the application is 16 bit and much of the 16 bit support has been dropped in Win2k...

ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed #2
Hi All,       I am getting this Error  When I am connecting to Remote System DSN Connection.Can I have the solution to this Error?  Thanks & Regards,Murthy. Your connection string is probably wrong try something like this... "mySystemDSN;Uid=myUsername;Pwd=myPassword"Hope that helps  Techie (.Net Knowledge at its Best)We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.::: Winston Churchill ::: How does your connection string look like?Mark replies as answers if they helped you solve the problem. murthysrn: ...

ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
Hi all... I'm using VS 2005 report viewer and MySql Srver 4.1 with ODBC driver 3.51... When running the application on IIS, I got this error message... An error has occurred during report processing. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified Here's my connection string : add name="smscontentproviderConnectionString" connectionString="Dsn=MYODBC;database=smscontentprovider;option=0;port=0;server=localhost;uid=root;pwd=root"providerName="System.Data.Odbc...

I receive an error message reading "SQLSTATE=IM002[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified" when I try to run my old PB4 app in Windows 2000. I know nothing about odbc. Could anyone please tell me how to solve this (my database is an old MS Access 97 db)? Thanks very much in anticipation. Martine Gu�bel mgu@writetc.be Please refrain from crossposting. /ck "Martine" <mgu@writetc.com> wrote in message news:aW0FbCpxBHA.318@forums.sybase.com... > I receive an error message reading...

ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
Hi everyone, I'm having a preety confusing problem. I've wrote an application in visual basic 6 using Microsoft Access database and using ODBC. Now I'm writing a program with ASP .NET and using the same ODBC. Whenever I run it from Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 develoupment server ( http://localhost:2759/ ) it's working fine - Everything works normally. But after I finished coding, I'm trying to put it to my server, but right after I published my site I tried to run it. But when I did it, it showing me some error message:  ERROR [IM002] ...

ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified #2
Hi, i'am new in MySql..... i got error "ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified" my code is; Protected Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Me.Load Dim ConnStr As String = "Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=localhost;Database=test; uid=root;pwd=password;Option=3"Using con As New OdbcConnection(ConnStr)Using cmd As New OdbcCommand("SELECT * FROM person", con) con.Open()DataGrid1.DataSource = cmd.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior.CloseConnection Or C...

Login page has this error: ERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed
I am building my first ASP.net Login page this page accesses a dns file the was created in MS Access. When I enter the login page required fields and attempt to check against the database I get the following error.  Any thoughts on how to fix this problem I am completely at a loss for what to do. Thank You, RucaduluERROR [IM006] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where ...

Create Object, CreateObject(ADODB.Connection) [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
Hello, I am getting the following error while connecting to SQL Server 2005 from my ASP application. Create Object, CreateObject(ADODB.Connection) [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified Appreciate your quick help.  Thanks, Satya. Hi Satya, This exception may be caused by a few reasons, please refer to the KB article below to trouble and fix it. PRB: ASP Error 80004005 "Data Source Name Not Found"http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306345Jian KangMicrosoft Online Community SupportPlease remember to mark the replies ...

"Logon failed. Details: IM002:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified"
When i attempt to fill my Crystal Report -named limitler.rpt and it is under the sub-folder Oraburslar of my project -, i get the following error; "ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified. Error in File C:\DOCUME~1\KEMAL~1.ESM\LOCALS~1\Temp\limitler {148B6FE6-D5BE-4BC3-A13A-47CCCB79D78B}.rpt: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters." How can i handle this pro? Thanks in advance... Here is how i connect to database to fill the Crystal Report:string database = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["Data...

Web resources about - ODBC: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] - sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink