Mobilink Error #11

Mobilink Version 9.0.3534

I am receiving the folloging error on the Mobilink Server:
E. 02/26 18:59:20. <1.3> [XE1]: Error: Unable to COMMIT
Transaction:  end_upload -- Attempting to ROLLBACK

How do I determine the actual cause of the error?

Herman
2/27/2009 12:58:31 AM
sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink 5254 articles. 0 followers. Follow

turn on the logging feature from the MobiLink server to retrieve more
details about the synchronization process.

For example, restart the MobiLink server with the following parameters
  -t <file> : log ODBC calls into file
  -v+ : truns on verbose logging (lots of data get written

Kind regards,

dietrich

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 01:58:31 +0100, Herman <Miller> wrote:

> Mobilink Version 9.0.3534
>
> I am receiving the folloging error on the Mobilink Server:
> E. 02/26 18:59:20. <1.3> [XE1]: Error: Unable to COMMIT
> Transaction:  end_upload -- Attempting to ROLLBACK
>
> How do I determine the actual cause of the error?
>
> Thanks

0
Dietrich
2/27/2009 10:46:14 AM
Thanks. After turning on the v+ option I am definitely
getting more information, however I receive no more
information regarding this particular error except:
Error: Unable to COMMIT Transaction:  end_upload --
Attempting to ROLLBACK
ROLLBACK Transaction: end_upload
Synchronization failed

> Hi,
>
> turn on the logging feature from the MobiLink server to
> retrieve more   details about the synchronization process.
>
> For example, restart the MobiLink server with the
> following parameters
>   -t <file> : log ODBC calls into file
>   -v+ : truns on verbose logging (lots of data get written
>

> Kind regards,
>
> dietrich
>
> On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 01:58:31 +0100, Herman <Miller> wrote:
>
> > Mobilink Version 9.0.3534
> >
> > I am receiving the folloging error on the Mobilink
> > Server: E. 02/26 18:59:20. <1.3> [XE1]: Error: Unable to
> > COMMIT Transaction:  end_upload -- Attempting to
> ROLLBACK >
> > How do I determine the actual cause of the error?
> >
> > Thanks

0
Herman
2/27/2009 1:40:46 PM
Herman Miller wrote in news:49a7ed5e.3f1.1681692777@sybase.com
of sybase.public.sqlanywhere.mobilink:

HM>> > Mobilink Version 9.0.3534

I take it you meant 9.0.2.3534.

HM> Thanks. After turning on the v+ option I am definitely
HM> getting more information, however I receive no more
HM> information regarding this particular error except:
HM> Error: Unable to COMMIT Transaction:  end_upload --
HM> Attempting to ROLLBACK
HM> ROLLBACK Transaction: end_upload
HM> Synchronization failed

I will also assume you are using SQL Anywhere as your consolidated.

Really there is only 1 reason I can think that a COMMIT can fail and
that is failed RI.

So, I would check for the following:
1.  Did you set the database option wait_for_commit = 'on'?
2.  Do you have any FOREIGN KEYS defined in your database with
    CHECK ON COMMIT?
3.  Given the 2 above, how much data are you actually uploading?  By
    narrowing down data uploaded with the 2 possibilities I listed
    above, you should be able to get it pretty close to finding the
    data causing the problem.
4.  Given 1 & 2, you could also change the RI definition and remove
    the CHECK ON COMMIT, sync and see what happens.  The error should
    show up as soon as the INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE action takes place
    rather than later at the COMMIT time.  Using -v+ at the same time
    would pinpoint the row causing the issue.
--
David Fishburn
Certified ASA Developer Version 8

EBFs and Maintenance Releases