Mobilink Custom Authentication ( General question )

Consolidated Database ASA 8.x ,  9.x
Ultralite palm and pocket pc clients

In our Desktop system users are created as Database users ( ASA ) .And the
user/password are directly mapped to Mobilink users and password . Now when
we do authentication in authenticate_user script I want to check against
ASA  username and  password (  SYSUSERPERM ) . AFAIK there is know way to
check the pssword with out making a connection . And looks like CONNECT
statement is not supported in functions and procs.

If we write  .NET code is it advisable to make a DATABASE connection with
the username and password and DISCONNECT in authenticate_user script .

Or is there any other simple way to do the same  ?

Thanks in advace
John

0
John
10/8/2004 6:23:10 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink 5254 articles. 0 followers. Follow

"John  Yovas" <johnca2000us_no_spam@yahoo.com> wrote in
news:4166db0b@forums-2-dub of sybase.public.sqlanywhere.mobilink:

JY> Consolidated Database ASA 8.x ,  9.x
JY> Ultralite palm and pocket pc clients
JY>
JY> In our Desktop system users are created as Database users ( ASA )
..And
JY> the user/password are directly mapped to Mobilink users and password
..
JY> Now when we do authentication in authenticate_user script I want to
JY> check against ASA  username and  password (  SYSUSERPERM ) . AFAIK
JY> there is know way to check the pssword with out making a connection .
JY> And looks like CONNECT statement is not supported in functions and
JY> procs.
JY>
JY> If we write  .NET code is it advisable to make a DATABASE connection
JY> with the username and password and DISCONNECT in authenticate_user
JY> script .

I am not aware of anyway to do this other than creating a connection to
the database.

So the above .Net stuff would work.
Either that or you could use integrated logins, and check against the
OS.

--
David Fishburn
Certified ASA Developer Version 8

EBFs and Maintenance Releases
http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm

Developer Community / Whitepapers
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer

CaseXpress - to report bugs
http://casexpress.sybase.com

CodeXchange - Free samples
http://ianywhere.codexchange.sybase.com/servlets/ProjectDocumentList

0
David

Mobilink question
Hello everybody, Does anyone know the history(timeline) of Mobilink? DODO wrote... > Hello everybody, > > Does anyone know the history(timeline) of Mobilink? > You might want to post this in the sybase.public.sqlanywhere.mobilink newsgroup. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] ...

Questions Mobilink
Hello I have any questions of Mobilink Server.. 1) How thread can up the MObilink Server for connections of DB remotes? 2) What signific ODBC complaint Database (Example: connectivity with all RDBMS way ODBC: Oracle, Informix, Access, etc) ? > 1) How thread can up the MObilink Server for connections of DB remotes? I dont understand this question. Can you re-word. > 2) What signific ODBC complaint Database (Example: connectivity with all > RDBMS way ODBC: Oracle, Informix, Access, etc) ? From the 7.x documentation: Introducing SQL Anywhere Studio PART 3....

question about mobilink
Hi I'm using mobilink to replication data from SQL-Anywhere to MS-SQL Server 7.0 But there was a question, when I want to change de primary key of one record, it was a message give me:"Can not update because this table had already be synchronized". What could I do to fix it? Thank you for help P.S The version of sqlanywhere was 7.0.2 1402 Proper database design means you should never update the columns of a primary key. Why do you want/need to do this? -- David Fishburn Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Sybase - iAnywhere Solu...

Mobilink Authentication
ASA 8.0.1(3030) Hello, I am currently using java synchronization scripts to authenticate a user against an external server. In addition, I would like to restrict synchronization based on machine name and database name/database file name. I would like to execute this check before synhronization starts. I know you can pass additional information via the new password field or through appending the additional information to the user name or password field . Is there any other way this can be done? kwame Since you are trying to prevent a synchronization from occurring, thos...

MobiLink Questions...
ASA 9.0.1/ML Server/Client (1862) a)How can i prevent this warning message? Unable to convert the string "aaa" from the system collation to the database collation. I made consolidate db and remote db fresh, still getting this error on synchronization. b) How can i make -x / delete_old_logs combination working? Again i created remote db with delete_old_logs flag on and then used -x 2M as sync option. It did created new log file, but old log file is never deleted. c) How can reset log file for consolidate database with has ml user's? TIA SanJay "...

Mobilink Custom Authentication problem ASA 9.0.2.3137
ASA 9.0.2.3137 Consolidated DB: DB2 802 Driver :Sybase Db2 Wire protocol driver We have a problem with Mobilink and Custom Authentication. We have implmented custom autentication in a java class file and everything working fine and its in production. In this environment after mobilink running 3 or 4 days continous suddenly we get error Error: [-10055] Unable to authenticate user even though The authenticate_user script returned 1000. First portion of the shown log is problem and the other section is when it works. IF we restart Mobilink server everything works fine agai...

Mobilink
I have created scripts for uploading and downloading data. When I test the scripts I get no errors but when I exit the mobilink manager I get an error: Error while opening the "Synch Tables" container. General Error What should I do? What version and more importantly build number of ASA are you using? What version of the ML plugin are you using, this can be retrieved from the Tools->Plugins from the ML Manager. You can so download the EBF for 6.0.3 from below and try that. -- David Fishburn Sybase Please only post to the newsgroup Sybase Developers Network...

mobilink
im using mobilink component to do sync between 2 asa Db's but from component and cmd prompt alsogetng message as waiting for upload acknoladgement..then its not responding i have done it severtims succesfuli and made some changes on DB..can you do me some help.i did this with a new fresh db but didnt workout...plz help me.. kamal bandara wrote in news:46b30adb.3834.1681692777@sybase.com of sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder: kb> im using mobilink component to do sync between 2 asa Db's kb> but from component and cmd prompt alsogetng message as kb> waiting for uplo...

Mobilink
Hi, I'm using dbeng7 7.0.4(3396) and dbhsync7.dll(dmc). I did a migration=20 from dbeng6 6.0.3(2747).. I want to know if is necessary to start the mobilink server everytime I=20 execute the hotsync, or the dbhsync7.dll do it. This is because my application doesn=B4t synchronize if mobilink server it= =B4s=20 not running. With the dbhsync6.dll I didn=B4t have to start the mobilink.. Thanks in advance. Oscar_G. wrote in news:7D8968B7027F03A8006BECE085256C9F.006BECF785256C9F@webforums: > Hi, I'm using dbeng7 7.0.4(3396) and dbhsync7.dll(dmc). I did a > migration fr...

Kill MobiLink session via MobiLink Monitor
It should be possible to kill an individual MobiLink session. Breck Thanks Breck. It's on our wishlist, but no promises. Cheers, Graham Breck Carter wrote: > It should be possible to kill an individual MobiLink > session. > > Breck ...

Mobilink
Is it possible to run two instances of Mobilink on the same machine? Will they run independently side by side monitoring different ports without affecting each other? Laura Keaveney wrote: > Is it possible to run two instances of Mobilink on the same machine? > Will they run independently side by side monitoring different ports > without affecting each other? Yes, it is possible. When running multiple ML servers on the same machine, I'd always suggest specifying the port you are using, even if it's the default port. mlsrv11 -x tcpip(port=2638) -c "dsn=Co...

About MobiLink
Dear sirs, What is the MobiLink? Can I raise a question about Ultra-Lite in this forum? Thanks in advance, Bill Lui E-mail : luichiming@hotmail.com MobiLink is a synchronization technology that Sybase has developed that allows you to: 1. Develop and UltraLite application OR An application that uses the full version ASA as a remote database 2. Synchronize the database from the remotes (ASA and UltraLite) to a consolidated database (so far we have tested Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, DB2 and of couse Sybase ASE and ASA. The MobiLink technology was introduced in ASA 6...

What is MobiLink up to?
It is important to keep Mobilink running. Can someone please give me some pointers on how I can check on MobiLink and make sure it is still running, and what it is doing? (Connecting, Idle, Crashed) Thanks -Floyd I don't think there is anything in ML that will do what you want. If it is idle, it simply waits for a sync request to come in. If it is busy, it could be 1 or 100 threads that are working away. There is no way to ping the ML Server to see if it is active. Can you outline what you want to know and why and I can filter these to our development team. The best...

What is MobiLink?
Hi, I am new to mobile computing, I know Mobilink is synchronization technology, is it equal to M-Business Anywhere product ? Or M-Business Anywhere product use the MobiLink technology ? Please advise. Thanks. Derek wrote: > > I am new to mobile computing, I know Mobilink is synchronization technology, > is it equal to > M-Business Anywhere product ? Or M-Business Anywhere product use the > MobiLink technology ? > No, MobiLink and M-Business Anywhere are separate products. You can implement similar solutions with them ("mobile" data col...

Web resources about - Mobilink Custom Authentication ( General question ) - sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink

New Tools to Optimize App Authentication
At f8, we announced a redesigned Auth Dialog and a new authentication flow to give developers more control over people’s first experience with ...

Facebook Tells Some Developers They Have 48 Hours to Fix Authentication Data Leaks
... sent an email to what it calls a “very small percentage of the developer community” informing them their apps are suspected of leaking authentication ...

Sony Authentication Power Outlet Recognizes Users and Devices #DigInfo - YouTube
Sony Authentication Power Outlet Recognizes Users and Devices DigInfo TV - http://diginfo.tv 9/3/2012 NFC & Smart WORLD 2012 Sony Authentication ...

Online account security: lazy authentication is still the norm
Even in the high-tech world of 2016, crims will be able to side-step your account security by making a phone call and saying they're you.

ATO boosts service access via app and voice authentication
The ATO has announced it will extend its voice authentication system to its mobile app