How to make MobiLink synchronization service restart automatically

  If the consolidated database(Oracle) shutdown, is there any method to
make the MobiLink synchronization service restart automatically when
consolidated database rebuild. Configure MobiLink synchronization server or
make a utility program? How can i implement it?

Thanks!

John
0
John
4/18/2003 8:14:51 AM
sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink 5254 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You could run it as a service.

Breck

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 04:14:51 -0400, John wrote:

>  If the consolidated database(Oracle) shutdown, is there any method to
>make the MobiLink synchronization service restart automatically when
>consolidated database rebuild. Configure MobiLink synchronization server or
>make a utility program? How can i implement it?
>
>Thanks!
>
>John

bcarter@risingroad.com
Mobile and Distributed Enterprise Database Applications
http://www.risingroad.com
0
Breck
4/19/2003 3:43:49 PM
We could put Mobilink as a service under Linux. But
the situation is that mobilink and Oracle Database run on different
machines (not on the same machine). If Oracle (DB) machine restarts, how
could the Mobilink machine detect if the Oracle machine has restarted, and
be able to restart itself ?

John
0
John
4/22/2003 10:43:01 AM
John wrote:
> We could put Mobilink as a service under Linux. But
> the situation is that mobilink and Oracle Database run on different
> machines (not on the same machine). If Oracle (DB) machine restarts, how
> could the Mobilink machine detect if the Oracle machine has restarted, and
> be able to restart itself ?

When MobiLink gets a synchronization request, its worker thread
will use the connection it has to the consolidated database.  If
the consolidated has been restarted, the worker thread's
connection is no longer valid, so the worker will re-establish
that connection (and a begin_connection event will fire).  There
should be no need to restart MobiLink.

Hope this helps,
greg.fenton
--
Greg Fenton
Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions

0
Greg

MobiLink - Setup MobiLink Synchronization
Greetings All, I am new to MobiLink with SQL Anywhere 11.0 and am for the first time trying to synchronized two databases. I ran the option from the toolbar to 'Setup MobiLink Synchronization'. I get through some of the screens and then I am prompted to provide the user id and password and odbc dsn for the consolidated database. The dialog says 'Connect To Consolidated Database'. I have the user id and password, but when I click on 'Select an ODBC Data Source', the ddw is empty. I can see the two system DSN (data source names) that I created earlie...

Making Mobilink client 9 talk to Mobilink server 10
Just an FYI for any Pocket builder 2.0.4 developers that need to talk to a Mobilink 10 server. Since support for SQL Anywhere 10 is not due out til PocketBuilder 2.0.5, I have make due with SQL Anywhere 9/Mobilink Client 9 running on the PDA talking to Mobilink Server 10. With a little outside tech help and reading the documentation, I figured that you add the following option to you ML Server 10, so it expects ML Client 9 data streams. -xo tcpip(port=2439) -x tcpip(port=2440) (thanks Reg and Sybase) The -xo set the 2439 port(default) to expect ML Client 9, the -x sets p...

MobiLink server service not starting automatically on VM
We have 4 MobiLink servers running on VMWare [MobiLink 10.0.1.3662 on 64-bit Windows]. When we restart the servers, the automatic service sometimes does not start. Usually 3 out od 4 fail to start. I can start them manually and they come right up (later). Are there any dependencies we need to set or something? Thanks in advance, Jp Mobilink needs to connect to the database server. If the db server is running on the same VM session, then maybe a depends on service dependancy is called for. <John Pollard> wrote in message news:48a989cd.5eef.1681692777@sybase.com... >...

MobiLink synchronization
Hello, I created 6 subscriptions, added tables, the consolidated synchro server started without problems. When I start remote client I get the following message. I. 09/25 08:45:43. Connecting to remote database I. 09/25 08:45:43. Loading synchronization information E. 09/25 08:45:44. Multiple synchronization subscriptions found in the database for MobiLink user 'xxxxx'. Please specify a publication on the command line. I. 09/25 08:45:44. Disconnecting from remote database How many subscriptions can I have for one user? Only one or many? I need several groups of tables ...

Failed to synchronize through Mobilink (SQLAnywhere 8.0.2 3601)
Hello I have test the application from him. He has problems to synchronize through TCP/IP. Version SQLAnywhere is 8.0.2 3601 I have test the application it is working and sychronizing when I connect a pocketpc though a cradle with activesync to the laptop. In this situation I can synchronize to mobilink. When I used the same procedure and try to synchronize when I connect the pocketpc with a cradle to another laptop in the same LAN I cannot synchronize I see nothing on the mobilink verbosing screen. So obvious nothing is hapening. I can ping the mobilink machine from the co...

the synchronize in Mobilink
Hi I'm using Mobilink 7.0.2.1402. Does Mobilink support some operation like the synchronize in MS-SQL Server? That was means, when I setup two database to replication using mobilink and the source database have some data already. Could mobilink synchronize these data to the destination database? If mobilink have this function how to do that? Thank you Duke ^L^ ^J^ MobiLink already does that. But it assumes that the consolidated is the master of the data. So it will just download the data to the remote based on your synchronization ...

MobiLink as a Service
Hello, I am very new to this product, so please excuse the newbie question- I am having problems registering MobiLink as a service. I wrote a text file to contain our command line options and used dbfhide to encrypt the file. I then wrote a .bat file with the @data option to use the encrypted text file. I am able to run this by itself. I am having problems using my text file in a service. I tried using Sybase Central to add a new MobiLink service. I have tried all combinations I could think of to run either the .bat file I wrote or to use dbmlsrv9 as the command name wit...

Mobilink Synchronization
Hi there I am using Sybase ASA 7.0 as the consolidated database. I want to synchronize my ultralite Db with it. Please let me know the procedure. I think i have to write some mobilnk scripts under "synchronized tables" folder; but i could not found that folder. And also when i am trying to run the conduit installation utility its not working; though its not giving any error, the conduit is not installed. any help is appreciated Tapas.. If you are just beginning, please make sure you begin with the latest software ASA 7.0.3. You can download that from the l...

Mobilink Synchronization!
Hi All, This is a migration from SQL Remote to Mobilink question. Please let know if I understand this correctly. Mobilink does not have Publications and Subscriptions at Consolidated. We are on our own and limited (open to???) to download scripts you need to generate. The logic not to send changes to every remote user has to be developed by us. Logic not to send changes already sent has to be developed by us. If it is the case why did Sybase remove that kind of intelligence. I am feeling sick about this. Ours is all Adaptive Server Anywhere envirionment. All databases. ...

mobilink
im using mobilink component to do sync between 2 asa Db's but from component and cmd prompt alsogetng message as waiting for upload acknoladgement..then its not responding i have done it severtims succesfuli and made some changes on DB..can you do me some help.i did this with a new fresh db but didnt workout...plz help me.. kamal bandara wrote in news:46b30adb.3834.1681692777@sybase.com of sybase.public.pocketpowerbuilder: kb> im using mobilink component to do sync between 2 asa Db's kb> but from component and cmd prompt alsogetng message as kb> waiting for uplo...

Mobilink
I have created scripts for uploading and downloading data. When I test the scripts I get no errors but when I exit the mobilink manager I get an error: Error while opening the "Synch Tables" container. General Error What should I do? What version and more importantly build number of ASA are you using? What version of the ML plugin are you using, this can be retrieved from the Tools->Plugins from the ML Manager. You can so download the EBF for 6.0.3 from below and try that. -- David Fishburn Sybase Please only post to the newsgroup Sybase Developers Network...

Mobilink
Hi, I'm using dbeng7 7.0.4(3396) and dbhsync7.dll(dmc). I did a migration=20 from dbeng6 6.0.3(2747).. I want to know if is necessary to start the mobilink server everytime I=20 execute the hotsync, or the dbhsync7.dll do it. This is because my application doesn=B4t synchronize if mobilink server it= =B4s=20 not running. With the dbhsync6.dll I didn=B4t have to start the mobilink.. Thanks in advance. Oscar_G. wrote in news:7D8968B7027F03A8006BECE085256C9F.006BECF785256C9F@webforums: > Hi, I'm using dbeng7 7.0.4(3396) and dbhsync7.dll(dmc). I did a > migration fr...

how to add a service in cmd line + in mobilink services display in syb central
how to add a service in cmd line + in mobilink services display in syb central If i use dbsvc utility it adds with Adaptive ... as the name preceding to the service name. It ignores even if i specify as "Mobilink Synchronization - " in the service name. It seems that each of them uses its own function to use it. I need this so that a user machine setup be executed using dbsvc or any other executable & syb central for an admin to manage the machine. Thanks VSV "vsv" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in news:440398c4$1@forums-1-dub of sybase.public.sq...

mobilink synchronization errors
I have a synchronisation problem: Situation: Mobilink synchronization beteen desktop/server and pda: ASA version on the pda was: 8.03.5002 ASA version on desktop was: 8.03.5002 (upgraded from 8.02.4301) Codepage databases: 1252 Upgraded the databases in Sybase Central to the new version (to be sure). Consolidated database is on the desktop, synchronisation started from pda. I synchronise, got an error; 'Unable to convert the string ... from the system collation to the database collation'. With version 8.02.4301 on the desktop that was the only error, after upgradin...

Web resources about - How to make MobiLink synchronization service restart automatically - sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink

Synchronization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For linguistic synchrony, see Synchronic analysis . For the X-Files episode, see Synchrony (The X-Files) . Time-keeping and synchronization ...

Synchronization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... here. For linguistic synchrony, see Synchronic analysis . For the X-Files episode, see Synchrony (The X-Files) . Time-keeping and synchronization ...

NOTE-IFY (formed FNotes): colorful notes with Reminders, TextExpander and Dropbox synchronization on ...
Get NOTE-IFY (formed FNotes): colorful notes with Reminders, TextExpander and Dropbox synchronization on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, ...

Paul Weyrich - Goo-Goo Syndrome (proper audio/video synchronization) - YouTube
Paul Weyrich, father of the right-wing movement and co-founder of the Heritage Foundation, Moral Majority and various other groups tells his ...

Making Sense of the Intel Haswell Transactional Synchronization eXtensions
Multi-core and Locking Intel has released additional information on their Transactional Synchronization technology (TSX), which is basically ...

‘Twitterrific’ Update Brings Cross-Device Timeline Synchronization
Twitterrific , one of the most popular Twitter clients for the iPhone and iPad developed by The Iconfactory, received a major update this week ...

Hands on with the new tab synchronization feature in Chrome 19
Google has rolled out a new release of Chrome in the stable channel. The update, version 19, uses the Chrome synchronization framework to introduce ...

Dell adds secure application data synchronization to cloud portfolio
... would offer methods to securely sync sensitive data across disparate cloud services. Called Integration Packs, Dell initially is offering synchronization ...

Workshare Drives Innovation by Extending Secure File Sharing and Synchronization Functionality to Developer ...
Workshare, a leading provider of secure enterprise collaboration applications, today announced it has extended its platform’s advanced file shar ...

Synchronization As A Service
When it comes to files we are beginning to take synchronization as a given. You work on a file at work and through the magic of Dropbox or similar ...