General error in the 'certicom_ssl' network layer...The system specific error code is -6993

Mobilink 8.0.0.2213
ASA 8.0.0.2213

Some of our Mobilink clients were intermittently getting failures which
showed at the consolidated as -

"General error in the 'certicom_ssl' network layer. The operation would
cause blocking.  The system specific error code is -6993(...)"

- which we were brushing off as 'comms problems', as this was the only
advice we could find.  Two clients now *persistently* get this error, so
it's time to delve.

Can anyone shed light?

Looking at the debug messages at the consolidated end, it appears as
though the upload is fine and the download is reaching the end of the
last table, followed by a long wait before this error pops up.  I'll
keep my ill informed speculations to myself...

Many thanks in advance,

Frank McLean

0
Frank
8/20/2003 6:50:41 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink 5254 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Frank McLean <fmclean@sentrylink.com> wrote in news:3f43c301@forums-1-dub:

> Mobilink 8.0.0.2213
> ASA 8.0.0.2213

Your release is pretty old.
If you can repro this routinely I would suggest you try:
a)  On a test machine upgrade to 8.0.2 current EBF
b)  Not sure if this is an UL remote, if so, recompile and redeploy
c)  Try test again to see if anything has been resolved.

> Looking at the debug messages at the consolidated end, it appears as
> though the upload is fine and the download is reaching the end of the
> last table, followed by a long wait before this error pops up.  I'll
> keep my ill informed speculations to myself...

How large is the download?
# bytes, # rows?
The above information is provided with the verbose output on both
MobiLink and dbmlsync.

--
David Fishburn
NEW - Certified ASA Developer Version 8

EBFs and Maintenance Releases
http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm

Developer Community / Whitepapers
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer

CaseXpress - to report bugs
http://casexpress.sybase.com

0
David
8/21/2003 1:37:45 PM
Hi David,

David Fishburn wrote:

>>Mobilink 8.0.0.2213
>>ASA 8.0.0.2213
>

> Your release is pretty old.
> If you can repro this routinely I would suggest you try:
> a)  On a test machine upgrade to 8.0.2 current EBF
> b)  Not sure if this is an UL remote, if so, recompile and redeploy
> c)  Try test again to see if anything has been resolved.

I'll consider this, but I'd still like to *know* what's going on before
I start patching the server.  Our remotes are standard dbmlsync, so
there's nothing fancy at the client end.  Our consolidated scripts
simply select rows based on the last sync date.  Again, nothing fancy.

> How large is the download?
> # bytes, # rows?

Number of rows, across all tables, about 1000, with 640 being the
largest for one table.

The sync is over the internet via dialup.  Which seems to work for all
but 2 clients.

Any idea what the specific error code -6993 represents??   If I'm to
believe the error message, something about the download for one of the
tables 'would cause blocking'.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Frank

0
Frank
8/22/2003 3:13:39 PM
Frank McLean <fmclean@sentrylink.com> wrote in news:3f463323$1@forums-1-
dub:

> Hi David,
>
> David Fishburn wrote:
>
>>>Mobilink 8.0.0.2213
>>>ASA 8.0.0.2213
> I'll consider this, but I'd still like to *know* what's going on before
> I start patching the server.  Our remotes are standard dbmlsync, so
> there's nothing fancy at the client end.  Our consolidated scripts
> simply select rows based on the last sync date.  Again, nothing fancy.

There have been numerous fixes over the last year related to certicom,
so you could easily be running into an old bug.

Also, there have been some important dbmlsync fixes that you should
have.

>> How large is the download?
>> # bytes, # rows?
>
> Number of rows, across all tables, about 1000, with 640 being the
> largest for one table.
>
> The sync is over the internet via dialup.  Which seems to work for all
> but 2 clients.

Well, that is a fairly small sync.  I was wondering if the network was
timing out due to a very large download.

> Any idea what the specific error code -6993 represents??

No, I am not.

--
David Fishburn
NEW - Certified ASA Developer Version 8
Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions
Professional Services
Please only post to the newsgroup
Please ALWAYS include version and MORE importantly BUILD number with EACH
post (dbeng8 -v).

EBFs and Maintenance Releases
http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm

Developer Community / Whitepapers
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer

CaseXpress - to report bugs
http://casexpress.sybase.com

0
David
8/25/2003 12:46:24 PM
Thanks David,

Well, I guess I'll just start applying patches and hope for the best,
then. :-)  Thanks for the tip on dbmlsync.  I hate to ask this RTFM
question, but where would I get such patches?

Thanks again for your help,

Frank

David Fishburn wrote:
> Frank McLean <fmclean@sentrylink.com> wrote in news:3f463323$1@forums-1-
> dub:
>

>>Hi David,

>>I'll consider this, but I'd still like to *know* what's going on before
>>I start patching the server.  Our remotes are standard dbmlsync, so
>>there's nothing fancy at the client end.  Our consolidated scripts
>>simply select rows based on the last sync date.  Again, nothing fancy.
>

> There have been numerous fixes over the last year related to certicom,
> so you could easily be running into an old bug.
>
> Also, there have been some important dbmlsync fixes that you should
> have.
>

>>>How large is the download?
>>># bytes, # rows?
>>
>>Number of rows, across all tables, about 1000, with 640 being the
>>largest for one table.
>>
>>The sync is over the internet via dialup.  Which seems to work for all
>>but 2 clients.
>

> Well, that is a fairly small sync.  I was wondering if the network was
> timing out due to a very large download.
>

>>Any idea what the specific error code -6993 represents??
>

> No, I am not.
>

> --
> David Fishburn
> NEW - Certified ASA Developer Version 8
> Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions
> Professional Services
> Please only post to the newsgroup
> Please ALWAYS include version and MORE importantly BUILD number with EACH
> post (dbeng8 -v).
>
> EBFs and Maintenance Releases
> http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
>
> Developer Community / Whitepapers
> http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
>
> CaseXpress - to report bugs
> http://casexpress.sybase.com

0
Frank
8/25/2003 4:55:53 PM
Frank McLean wrote:

> I hate to ask this RTFM
> question, but where would I get such patches?

Well, better than an "RTFM" answer is the "read Fishburn's signature"
answer (below).  We use the term EBF (Express Bug Fix) instead of "patch":

   >> --
   >> David Fishburn
   >> NEW - Certified ASA Developer Version 8
   >> Sybase - iAnywhere Solutions
   >> Professional Services
   >> Please only post to the newsgroup
   >> Please ALWAYS include version and MORE importantly BUILD number
with EACH
   >> post (dbeng8 -v).
   >>
   >> EBFs and Maintenance Releases
   >> http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
   >> Developer Community / Whitepapers
   >> http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
   >>
   >> CaseXpress - to report bugs
   >> http://casexpress.sybase.com

Hope this helps,
greg.fenton
--
Greg Fenton
Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/

0
Greg

'System.String' to 'System.DateTime' error
Hi, I have a Gridview with templates and i set the format to Text='<%# Eval("PrescriptionDate", "{0:dd/MM/yyyy}") %>'  The objectDataSource: <asp:ObjectDataSource DeleteMethod="DeletePrescriptionDetails" InsertMethod="InsertPrescriptionDetails" ID="objDetails" runat="server" SelectMethod="GetAllPrescriptionDetails" UpdateMethod="UpdatePrescriptionDetails" TypeName="GridViewClasses"> <UpdateParameters> <asp:Parameter Name="PrescriptionId" Type="Int32" /> <asp:Parameter Name="MedicineId" Type="Int32" /> <asp:Parameter Name="ActualDose" Type="I...

Error 102 Argument '12': cannot convert from 'ref System.Guid' to 'System.Guid?'
Hi  I have a stored proc as follows: USE [SubSrvs]GO/****** Object:  StoredProcedure [dbo].[subsrvs_Services_CreateService]    Script Date: 07/15/2007 11:39:38 ******/SET ANSI_NULLS ONGOSET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ONGOALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[subsrvs_Services_CreateService] @Level1    nvarchar(max),    @Level2    nvarchar(max),    @Level3    nvarchar(max),    @Level4    nvarchar(max),    @Level5    nvarchar(max...

Error Error:Type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.Literal' does not have a public property named 'AutoPostBack'.
I can't figure out this error...please help...  <td><asp:Literal runat="server" ID="chkApproved" AutoPostBack="true" OnCheckedChanged="chkApproved_CheckedChanged" /></td> Just as the error says, there is no AutoPostBack for the Literal control. Also, it does not have an OnCheckedChange Event. What exactly are you trying to do or use this for?Cheers,       Kevin JonesMy Blog How do I create one? I am confused... How would you check a literal? What are you doing?Cheers,       Kevin JonesM...

Error: Unable to write to the 'http' network connection. No error or unknown error.
ASA 8.0.2.4332 Any idea what could cause the error? The error occurs after about 11 minutes of ML server activity (see log below). Following are some of the parameters I'm using along with an excerpt from the ML server output log (mlserver.mls). I'm trying to synchronize over http using port 2439. Please let me know if you need any additional info. Thanks in advance for any assistance, Sacha redirector.config entries: ###### # Note:The consolidated database and the synchronization server reside on the same machine ###### SLEEP=1800 ML_CLIENT_TIMEOUT=1800 RED...

'Timeout expired' error due to busy web server or aspx coding error? How to increate 'Timeout expired' time?
We have been bothered with this error msg.  Usually it shows up in the early moring.  Later on when it is gone iwth a user it never shows up again all day long. The problem is busy web server or ASPX coding error?  Can we increae the 'Timeout expired' time? Thanks,Jeffrey Server Error in '/SSSS' Application.-------------------------------------------------------------------- Timeout expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the executio...

deploy error:Deployment Error Deploying PBDs To Host Repository Location 'n_cst_fhbp0400' EAServer error code: SystemException: CORBA::COMM_FAILURE, exception code: 7
Sir, I deployed my PB components to EAServer 4.2.3.There are over 500 pbl files which would be deployed to EAServer. Most of them were deployed well.But there were some error about last 10 deployed pbl files. The error message like : Deployment Error Deploying PBDs To Host Repository Location 'n_cst_xxxxxx' EAServer error code: SystemException: CORBA::COMM_FAILURE, exception code: 7 I ued command line to deploy my application. Ex: c:\pb80 /workspace d:\cdshop\cdshop.pbw /deploy /output d:\tmp\cdshop.out I think OS socket numbers are not enough. ...

Ajax slideshow error: The server method 'GetSlides' failed with the following error: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException--incorrect syntax near ')'.
Hello there, I am new to asp.net and ajax. I have been working non-stop trying to figure out what leads to the following error on my slideshow page: The server method 'GetSlides' failed with the following error: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException--incorrect syntax near ')'.   My code is as follows: Imports System.Data Imports System.Data.Sql Imports System.Data.SqlClientPartial Class ProjectInherits System.Web.UI.Page <System.Web.Services.WebMethod()> _ <System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptMethod()> _Public Shared Function GetSlides() As AjaxControlTo...

Error: Value of type 'System.Data.CommandBehavior' cannot be converted to 'System.IAsyncResult'.
  I wrote this code to retrieve data from the database using autocomplete extender control. Dim Dr As SqlDataReaderDim RtData As List(Of String) = New List(Of String) Dr = MysqlCmd.EndExecuteReader(Data.CommandBehavior.CloseConnection) While Dr.Read()RtData.Add(Dr("CustName").ToString()) End While   Plz Help!   regards   yamani     The EndExecuteReader does not take a CommandBehavior.  The BeginExecuteReader does.  Please follow the example on the MSDN documentation:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/kddf8ah6....

DataAdapter can't create DataSet, error 'error the system cannot find the file specified'
Hello, As a relatively newby I'm creating a asp-aplication connected to my MS Access 2000 database. Everything worked perfectly until I, stupid enough I don't know which one, i deleted a file from my current project. When I want to create a DataGrid with updateble capabilities I encounter problems: 1) Create page; 2) Create database connection (odbc....); 3) Drag-drop my table from the connection-> connection & dataadapter are being generated; 4) Create Update query (insert & select are generated automaticly, update not because .net doen't know what the primary key ...

Error 39 'System.Data.DataRow' does not contain a definition for 'Item'
for (i = 0; i <= ds.Tables[0].Rows.Count - 1; i++) { categoryID = ds.Tables[0].Rows[i].Item["categoryID"]; name = ds.Tables[0].Rows[i].Item["name"]; string catID = Convert.ToString(categoryID); ///Change made by me ddlCategory.Items.Add(new ListItem(name, catID)); qry = "Select count(categoryID) from categories where active = 'True' AND parentID=" + categoryID + ""; countCategories = objDB.getScalar(qry);       i get this errorIf the going seems easy, You are going DownHill... I've got the solution what you have to ...

Error: foreach statement cannot operate on variables of type 'System.Data.DataSet' because 'System.Data.DataSet' does not contain a definition for 'GetEnumerator', or it is inaccessible
I am getting error on this line DataSet dsdata=new DataSet(); SQL="Seelct * from tablename"; //dsdata contains result of the above query foreach(DataRow dr in dsdata) //This line gives error Error: foreach statement cannot operate on variables of type 'System.Data.DataSet' because 'System.Data.DataSet' does not contain a definition for 'GetEnumerator', or it is inaccessible DataSet dsdata=new DataSet(); SQL="Select * from tablename"; //dsdata contains result of the above query foreach(DataRow dr in dsdata.Tables[0].Rows) //This ...

Problem with AjaxControl kit error Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\1.0.61025.0__31bf3856ad364
I'm trying to use the Tabs from the Ajaxcontrol kit.I have installed Ajax WebExtension 1.0 to the server i'm runnig the apps fromI'm sure the version of my Ajaxcontrol kit and the System.Web.Extensions i'm trying to use is 1.0.61025. But it seems the one on 3.5 is also there since the server has been updated to v3.5 .net framework I get this error below:  Compiler Error Message: CS0433: The type 'System.Web.UI.ScriptManager' exists in both 'c:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Extensions\1.0.61025.0__31bf3856ad364e35\System.Web.Extensions.dll...

ERROR: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Boolean' to type 'System.String'
I created a class to update, insert, select and delete data with an object data source but I am getting the following error... body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-wei...

Unable to cast object of type 'System.String' to type 'System.Byte[]' error
Hello, I have some binary data in a MySQL database, and im trying to convert it to a file. Before, when i was using the ms sql express 2005 database, everything was working fine. But then i migrated to MySQL because of budget issues. The following is the block of code that produces the error.private void showDbImage() {string ImageId = Request.QueryString["img"];   //build our query statementstring sqlText = "SELECT DownloadFile, DownloadType FROM DownloadTable WHERE DownloadName = '" + ImageId +"'";  OdbcConnection connection = new O...

error in ''%'' operator
hi... friends    i got this error (Syntax error: Missing operand after ''%'' operator)below statement. dtBtnScr.DefaultView.RowFilter = "LOCATION_CITY'" + txtCity.Text.Trim() + "%'AND LOCATION_STATE '" + ddlState.SelectedValue + "%'AND UNIT_ID'" + txtUnitCode + "%'AND UNIT_NAME '" + txtUnitName.Text.Trim() + "%'";   thnax friends It thinks you are trying to use the modulo operator: %. Look at the RowFilter string after you build it ...you should see the prob...

Web resources about - General error in the 'certicom_ssl' network layer...The system specific error code is -6993 - sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink