Deletes are not being deleted.

Using ASA 7.03

I am having a problem in deleting field service orders that have been
completed.  Just getting started with sync so I am probably making a dumb
mistake or just leaving out a step.

The download_delete_cursor script is:

Select ordernumber from ServiceOrderEntryMaster where Tech = ? and
Order_Complete = 'Y'

This based on the verbose reply from the MobiLink Synchronization server is
picking the correct work order ( number 326 ) and showing a Delete Row line
in the log.  But the work order is not being deleted on the remote side.

What could I be doing wrong?

Below the log subsection for the download_delete_cursor area:


I. 09/14 10:40:56. [JB]: begin_download_deletes ServiceOrderEntryMaster
(undefined)
I. 09/14 10:40:56. [JB]: download_delete_cursor ServiceOrderEntryMaster
(open for read):
                   Select ordernumber

                      from ServiceOrderEntryMaster

                      where Tech = ?

                        and Order_Complete = 'Y'
I. 09/14 10:40:56. [JB]: Translated SQL:
                   Select ordernumber

                      from ServiceOrderEntryMaster

                      where Tech = ?

                        and Order_Complete = 'Y'
I. 09/14 10:40:56. [JB]: Delete row:
I. 09/14 10:40:56. [JB]:   326
I. 09/14 10:40:56. [JB]: download_delete_cursor ServiceOrderEntryMaster
(close)



0
Bill
9/14/2003 4:05:58 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink 5254 articles. 0 followers. Follow

2 Replies
936 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 43

1. Is your client Ultralite or SQL Anywhere. What is your client OS ( palm ?
ce?).
2. If it is SQL Anywhere, do you have a client log from mlsync. Can you show
us the log file.
3. The cursor seems to be fine, it should have deleted the row. How do you
verify the delete didnot happen on the remote database? Can you stop/start
the client database after the sync and verify ( Is it a refresh problem for
a particular screen in your app, if thats the way you verify the delete).


"Bill Brittain" <billbrittain@industryspecific.com> wrote in message
news:3f6491e6$1@forums-1-dub...
> Using ASA 7.03
>
> I am having a problem in deleting field service orders that have been
> completed.  Just getting started with sync so I am probably making a dumb
> mistake or just leaving out a step.
>
> The download_delete_cursor script is:
>
> Select ordernumber from ServiceOrderEntryMaster where Tech = ? and
> Order_Complete = 'Y'
>
> This based on the verbose reply from the MobiLink Synchronization server
is
> picking the correct work order ( number 326 ) and showing a Delete Row
line
> in the log.  But the work order is not being deleted on the remote side.
>
> What could I be doing wrong?
>
> Below the log subsection for the download_delete_cursor area:
>
>
> I. 09/14 10:40:56. [JB]: begin_download_deletes ServiceOrderEntryMaster
> (undefined)
> I. 09/14 10:40:56. [JB]: download_delete_cursor ServiceOrderEntryMaster
> (open for read):
>                    Select ordernumber
>
>                       from ServiceOrderEntryMaster
>
>                       where Tech = ?
>
>                         and Order_Complete = 'Y'
> I. 09/14 10:40:56. [JB]: Translated SQL:
>                    Select ordernumber
>
>                       from ServiceOrderEntryMaster
>
>                       where Tech = ?
>
>                         and Order_Complete = 'Y'
> I. 09/14 10:40:56. [JB]: Delete row:
> I. 09/14 10:40:56. [JB]:   326
> I. 09/14 10:40:56. [JB]: download_delete_cursor ServiceOrderEntryMaster
> (close)
>
>
>


0
Nirav
9/15/2003 6:15:10 PM
Determined the problem.

The download script should be include the statement

 "where Tech = ? and Order_Complete <> 'Y'"

instead of

"where Tech = ?"

Evidently, in the sequence of events for the download, it was being deleted
and then inserted again.

Have to be careful don't we?

Thanks for reply.  Oh, the client was a ASA database to answer your
question.

Bill Brittain


"Nirav" <viranirav@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:3f6601ae$1@forums-1-dub...
> 1. Is your client Ultralite or SQL Anywhere. What is your client OS ( palm
?
> ce?).
> 2. If it is SQL Anywhere, do you have a client log from mlsync. Can you
show
> us the log file.
> 3. The cursor seems to be fine, it should have deleted the row. How do you
> verify the delete didnot happen on the remote database? Can you stop/start
> the client database after the sync and verify ( Is it a refresh problem
for
> a particular screen in your app, if thats the way you verify the delete).
>
>
> "Bill Brittain" <billbrittain@industryspecific.com> wrote in message
> news:3f6491e6$1@forums-1-dub...
> > Using ASA 7.03
> >
> > I am having a problem in deleting field service orders that have been
> > completed.  Just getting started with sync so I am probably making a
dumb
> > mistake or just leaving out a step.
> >
> > The download_delete_cursor script is:
> >
> > Select ordernumber from ServiceOrderEntryMaster where Tech = ? and
> > Order_Complete = 'Y'
> >
> > This based on the verbose reply from the MobiLink Synchronization server
> is
> > picking the correct work order ( number 326 ) and showing a Delete Row
> line
> > in the log.  But the work order is not being deleted on the remote side.
> >
> > What could I be doing wrong?
> >
> > Below the log subsection for the download_delete_cursor area:
> >
> >
> > I. 09/14 10:40:56. [JB]: begin_download_deletes ServiceOrderEntryMaster
> > (undefined)
> > I. 09/14 10:40:56. [JB]: download_delete_cursor ServiceOrderEntryMaster
> > (open for read):
> >                    Select ordernumber
> >
> >                       from ServiceOrderEntryMaster
> >
> >                       where Tech = ?
> >
> >                         and Order_Complete = 'Y'
> > I. 09/14 10:40:56. [JB]: Translated SQL:
> >                    Select ordernumber
> >
> >                       from ServiceOrderEntryMaster
> >
> >                       where Tech = ?
> >
> >                         and Order_Complete = 'Y'
> > I. 09/14 10:40:56. [JB]: Delete row:
> > I. 09/14 10:40:56. [JB]:   326
> > I. 09/14 10:40:56. [JB]: download_delete_cursor ServiceOrderEntryMaster
> > (close)
> >
> >
> >
>
>


0
Bill
9/15/2003 6:19:31 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

delete vs []delete
Hi all, I have some strange behavior in some code and I did see that I had delete when I should have []delete; Now I am not questioning the validity of []delete for an array of items as opposed to delete for a singularity. My question what kind of behavior would you expect if you mismatch new / delete as I described. Colin. On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 05:23:50 -0800 Colin Maharaj <noreply@nohost.com> wrote: > My question what kind of behavior would you expect > if you mismatch new / delete as I described. I wouldn't expect /anything/, it's undefined. -- ...

Delete Confirm not Deleting
I followed the instruction in this tutorial (http://asp.net/learn/dataaccess/tutorial22vb.aspx) to add delete confirm to a GridView's FieldCommand Delete button.  It will delete the record if I comment out this code but not if I don't.  I get the confirm dialog and a postback but the record is not deleted.  DataKeyNames are set.  What's the deal?Here's the code.Protected Sub GridView1_RowDataBound(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewRowEventArgs)         'Delete Confirm     &nbs...

PTR delete == A delete
Hi, i want to delete PTR record but not de A record. if i delete the PTR the A-record is also deleted. (use iManger & DNS console) is there a way to only delete PTR-record's? Niels van de Haar Systeembeheer In article <QwvDd.17151$Ei5.2128@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote: > if i delete the PTR the A-record is also deleted. (use iManger & DNS > console) > What version of NAMED? NetWare? Service Pack? bd NSC Volunteer SysOp Netware 6.5 Sp2 (named from that netware sp) >>> Brad Doster<bd@NSCSysOps.net> 7-1-2005 17:1...

Gridview Delete not Deleting
I am trying to use a command button to delete a row from a gridview. When I click the command button though, the page posts but my record is still there... no errors, just nothing seems to happen. Below is what I think is the relevant code, let me know if you need to see anything else.  I'm kinda new to working with gridview objects, it would be nice if I could see what SQL command is acctually ran... maybe there are other things I can check too, I'm just not sure how.   <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server" AllowSorting="True"&nbs...

Deleted items not deleting
We are running GW 7.0.1 W2K3 server agents and 7.0.1 workstation clients. Some users have thousands of items in their trash and other folders within their account. The problem is when you select all the messages and delete them, they don't actually delete. They stay in the users client. An expire/reduce doesn't do anything either. We also tried setting up in consoleone under groupwise>client>environment>cleanup -- the clients to automatically delete items and that didnt' work either. Does anyone have any suggestions??? Will, i will try to run a GW check...

How to delete replica and how many to delete??
I am still fighting with trying to get trees merged. I finally got through the last problem, but now I get a message when using DSMERGE utility under Imanager using the DSMERGE Wizard: "FOr merge to be successful, on the target tree there can only be one copy of the root replica. Remove allother replicas and retry the operation." The target tree has two servers. The main server has two replicas: 1= .[ROOT]. with Master as replica type 2= .HANGELS with Subordinate as replica type The other server has two replicas also: 1= .HANGELS with master as replica t...

Insert/Delete/Delete all rows
Hi Neither in data window painter nor in data base painter I can Insert, Delete and Delete all Rows for a table. These Items are in both painters gray and can,t been selected. Is something wrong on my installation of PB? PB 7.02 (Build 8030) Can someone help me? Thanks Taghi Pouradjam Does your table have a primary key defined? -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase -- http://my.sybase.com "Taghi Pouradjam" <pouradjam@oasys.de> wrote in message news:OzIH97fiAHA.128@forums.sybase.com... > Hi > > Neither in data wi...

Favorites Deleted AGAIN, Toolbar deleted AGAIN
Name: Shannon MItchell Email: shanondotphoenixatgmaildotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Favorites Deleted AGAIN, Toolbar deleted AGAIN Comments: My biggest suggestion would be to stop upgrading if you cannot carry a client's favorites or toolbar over into the new edition. THis is the second time I've had all my faves and toolbars deleted when you "upgraded" without any way of knowing that would happen or how to back it up. Frankly, as one of the FIRST firefox junkies, I've started using IE for their ability to keep my faves and toolbars open. Browse...

Deleting files from other mailboxes after deleting from your own.
I appoligize if this is the wrong forum, but it seemed closest to the problem we're having. Is there a way to delete mail from other users mailboxes after you have deleted it from your own, but, accidently didn't specify all mailboxes? Unfortunately, someone here sent out a sensitive email, reacted quickly, and made a mistake. Any help is greatly apprecisated. Thanks Restore the mailbox, create a restore area and retrieve the mail from the backup. Then you should be able to retract it again. > I appoligize if this is the wrong forum, but it seemed close...

Deleting or not-deleting users from Vault.
Hi All, There is a mixed feeling among everyone about deleting or not-deleting inactive users from the Identity Vault of an IDM system. I have come across different opinions from different groups of people that I have interacted and discussed on this topic. Will like to collect the views / best practices being followed in industry for the benefit of everyone in the IDM world. Should we delete inactive users from the Vault, if so when? Sometimes this depends on business decisions and HR policy but the question is, when is it technically right to delete accounts. One school of...

Junk Mail..To delete or not to delete
I have read various opinions on this....to trian Junk Mail does one leav all such identified mail in Junk Folder or can one continously delete them all???? ...

delete from server, when deleted from trash
Now there's the option "delete from server, when deleted from Inbox" which is no use when you want to keep your valuable messages that you organized over different folder. Gill Bates wrote: > Now there's the option "delete from server, when deleted from Inbox" > which is no use when you want to keep your valuable messages that you > organized over different folder. See <http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=226839>. -- Robert Mohr mohr.42@osu.edu <http://www.mozilla.org/wishlist-faq.html> <http://extensionroom.mozd...

Deleted WEBAC70A wont delete
I have tried dsrepair -a -xk3 and checked external referances and there are 0 purgeable anything but still WEBAC70A shows up in the DSBROWSE and says its a deleted item???? So i am scratching my head. Netware 6.5 SP8 Edirectory 8.8SP4 Any ideas? -- hpoling ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Everything is deleted now in dsbrowse consoleone and i have 0 errors in dsrepair external referances included. But when i try to add it again it say it already exists HELP, Thanks -- hpoling -----------------------------------------...

Delete row and delete from table
Hi I need, after delete a grid row, execute a delete statmentProtected Sub GridView1_RowCommand(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridViewCommandEventArgs) Handles GridView1.RowCommand Dim advogado As StringIf (e.CommandName = "Apagar") Thenadvogado = RTrim(e.CommandArgument.ToString)Apaga_Processos(advogado)End Ifend subPrivate Sub Apaga_Processos(ByVal advogado As String)Dim conn As SqlConnectionDim comm As SqlCommandDim connectionString As String = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings("mssql2.tuganet.com").ConnectionStringconn = New Sql...

Web resources about - Deletes are not being deleted. - sybase.sqlanywhere.mobilink

Control-Alt-Delete - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
or in DOS , Windows 3.0 and earlier version of Windows or OS/2 , the key combination reboots the computer. Starting with Windows 3.1 , the command ...

Free Speech Group Angered After Facebook Deletes Post On Syria
Facebook issued an apology after mistakenly deleting a post from free speech group Article 19 about human rights abuses in Syria . continued… ...

Facebook brings activity log to mobile devices so users can delete stories and check privacy settings ...
... added an activity log feature to some mobile devices, allowing users to see all their recent activity, verify their privacy settings and delete ...

Tweets MPs Delete (@deletedbyMPs) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Tweets MPs Delete @ deletedbyMPs ...

Pixar Animation Studios : Did Pixar accidentally delete Toy Story 2 during production?
Answer (1 of 2): Hi everyone, I'm the Oren Jacob in the video. Hopefully I can offer some first person color commentary about the video above ...

Flic – Delete & Manage Camera Roll Photos on the App Store on iTunes
Get Flic – Delete & Manage Camera Roll Photos on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Delete - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Delete buttons on an Apple keyboard. (This image is free to use on your blog or website. If you do so, please credit Cari McGee with a link to ...

iOS 9 How-To: Quickly delete multiple images in Messages to free up space without losing your conversations ...
... Photos actually gets stored twice on the device: within Photos and within Messages. In this How-To article, I’m going to discuss how to delete ...

Marie Claire Does the Tweet-Delete Dance
... from within the Hearst family only to generate angry social media responses is the very definition of Hump Day (the tweet was quickly deleted). ...

Viber now lets you attach files, delete messages and more
... and public chat forwarding in late September , the app keeps growing. In an update today, Nov. 24, Viber users can now attach files, delete ...

Resources last updated: 11/29/2015 9:36:12 PM