SQLAnywhere 11 and Ruby

Hi!

I'm trying to get set up with the ruby sqlanywhere adapter,
but I keep getting "Could not load SQLAnywhere DBCAPI
library".

I'm trying to get this to work on Ubuntu Linux 10.04,
64-bit.  I *do* have SQL Anywhere Developer Edition, version
11.0.0.1264 running on the box.  I can load up a test
database and connect to it through the command line, just
not through the Ruby adapter.  I've modified the
sqlanywhere_adapter.rb file so that it has the following:

      connection_string = "eng=#{(config[:server] ||
config[:database])};dbn=#{config[:database]};uid=#{config[:username]};
pwd=#{config[:password]};"
      connection_string += "links=#{config[:commlinks]};"
unless config[:commlinks].nil?
      connection_string +=
"con=#{config[:connection_name]};" unless
config[:connection_name].nil?
      connection_string += "cs=#{config[:encoding]};" unless
config[:encoding].nil?
      connection_string += "Idle=0" # Prevent the server
from disconnecting us if we're idle for >240mins (by
default)

Though, I get the same error either way (with this string or
the old one).

ANY and all help would be immensely appreciated!  I've
googled this thing to death and can't find any information.
I've been posting on other forums, and so far no luck.
Please help! :)
0
Michael
8/2/2010 3:02:11 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.linux 1065 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Michael,

I've just responded to your question on the SQL Anywhere Web Development
google groups forum.

  -Nathan

On 08/02/2010 11:02 AM, Michael Bahnmiller wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to get set up with the ruby sqlanywhere adapter,
> but I keep getting "Could not load SQLAnywhere DBCAPI
> library".
>
> I'm trying to get this to work on Ubuntu Linux 10.04,
> 64-bit.  I *do* have SQL Anywhere Developer Edition, version
> 11.0.0.1264 running on the box.  I can load up a test
> database and connect to it through the command line, just
> not through the Ruby adapter.  I've modified the
> sqlanywhere_adapter.rb file so that it has the following:
>

>        connection_string = "eng=#{(config[:server] ||
> config[:database])};dbn=#{config[:database]};uid=#{config[:username]};
> pwd=#{config[:password]};"
>        connection_string += "links=#{config[:commlinks]};"
> unless config[:commlinks].nil?
>        connection_string +=
> "con=#{config[:connection_name]};" unless
> config[:connection_name].nil?
>        connection_string += "cs=#{config[:encoding]};" unless
> config[:encoding].nil?
>        connection_string += "Idle=0" # Prevent the server
> from disconnecting us if we're idle for>240mins (by
> default)
>

> Though, I get the same error either way (with this string or
> the old one).
>
> ANY and all help would be immensely appreciated!  I've
> googled this thing to death and can't find any information.
> I've been posting on other forums, and so far no luck.
> Please help! :)

0
Nathan