Maintenance Release(64-bit), Upgrade of 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 Bad CRC check sum on archive?

I am trying to download with patch, and when unpuking i see error bad CRC
checksum ?
Why ?
     asamaint9linux_ia64.tar.gz 05/03/2004 53035258 Maintenance
Release(64-bit), Upgrade of 9.0.0 to 9.0.1

0
Egorov
5/12/2004 9:59:54 AM
sybase.sqlanywhere.linux 1065 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Egorov Roman wrote:

> I am trying to download with patch, and when unpuking i see error bad CRC
> checksum ?
> Why ?

What command are you running when you see those errors?
How did you download the file?  Did you transfer it in "binary" mode?
Which version of Linux are you using?

I just downloaded the above file from downloads.sybase.com and
successfully extracted it using the Cygwin "tar" on XP as well as the
default "tar" on Fedora Core 1 using the command:

     tar xzvf asamaint9linux_ia64.tar.gz

greg.fenton
--
Greg Fenton
Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
Egorov Roman wrote:

> I am trying to download with patch, and when unpuking i see error bad CRC
> checksum ?
> Why ?
>      asamaint9linux_ia64.tar.gz 05/03/2004 53035258 Maintenance
> Release(64-bit), Upgrade of 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
I get the same error when using gzip.
Then I try it with ark and everthing works.

0
Arndt
5/13/2004 10:46:05 AM
I'm not familiar with ark, but did you download the file directly to this
Linux box or did you happen to copy it from a windows box and forgot to
do a "binary" copy ?

FWIW: We have verified that the posted files are ok (i.e. we've downloaded
the files and gunzip successfully unpacks the files).

Also, did you really want to get the Itanium (IA64) version of the upgrade?
--
Mark Culp
ASA Development

Arndt M�ller wrote:

> Egorov Roman wrote:
>
> > I am trying to download with patch, and when unpuking i see error bad CRC
> > checksum ?
> > Why ?
> >      asamaint9linux_ia64.tar.gz 05/03/2004 53035258 Maintenance
> > Release(64-bit), Upgrade of 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
> I get the same error when using gzip.
> Then I try it with ark and everthing works.
0
Mark
5/13/2004 3:23:13 PM
Mark Culp wrote:

> I'm not familiar with ark, but did you download the file directly to this
> Linux box or did you happen to copy it from a windows box and forgot to
> do a "binary" copy ?
>
> FWIW: We have verified that the posted files are ok (i.e. we've downloaded
> the files and gunzip successfully unpacks the files).
>
> Also, did you really want to get the Itanium (IA64) version of the
> upgrade? --
> Mark Culp
> ASA Development
> ** Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through the      **
> ** iAnywhere Developer Community at http://www.ianywhere.com/developer **
>
> Arndt M�ller wrote:
>>
>> Egorov Roman wrote:
>>
>> > I am trying to download with patch, and when unpuking i see error bad
>> > CRC checksum ?
>> > Why ?
>> >      asamaint9linux_ia64.tar.gz 05/03/2004 53035258 Maintenance
>> > Release(64-bit), Upgrade of 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
>> I get the same error when using gzip.
>> Then I try it with ark and everthing works.

I have downloaded the file from a Windows box directly in a samba share.
Btw.: My Problem was with the 32-Bit Version.

0
Arndt
5/14/2004 11:04:14 AM
Arndt M�ller wrote:

> I have downloaded the file from a Windows box directly in a samba share.
> Btw.: My Problem was with the 32-Bit Version.

Then there's a chance that either the FTP or the Samba copy treated the
file as "text" and corrupted it.

Can you try downloading the file directly to the RH box?

greg.fenton
--
Greg Fenton
Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
--------
Visit the iAnywhere Solutions Developer Community
Whitepapers, TechDocs, Downloads
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/
0
Greg

Problem since installing SQL Anywhere Studio
hello, now i have a problem with the plug-ins for ASA and Mobilink, if i want to register the plug-in for any of this two ASA and Mobilink i got a message telling me to upgrade Sybase central to ver. 4.3.. i installed the EBF in the same directory where Sql Anywhere Studio ver 9.0.0 were installed, but now, i don=b4t get why i=b4m having a problem with the path of t his plug-ins how can i solve this problem? Thanks If you check the short-cut in your start menu to run Sybase Central, does it point to the Sybase Central 4.2 or Sybase Central 4.3 directory? If it's still p...

Upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
Hi, i am new with Sybase, so any help is welcome. I have SQL Anyware Studio v.9.0.0 installed and it works, but I need a Lithuanian Collation (it is announced to be available in 9.0.1), so I applied a patch from 9.0.0. to 9.0.1. After this upgrade (and after ALL other available EBFs sequentialy) I cannot connect to my database (Sybase Central loads correctly). Here is a message after I try to load a db using Tools\Connection profiles\Connect... +-----------------+ | Stack Trace | ...

upgrade 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
Ok , I give up, Im at a loss as to why Im having the problems upgrading. I took a clean install of 9.0.0 and ran the upgrade script to go from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 , I then take the lastest ebf to upgrad 9.0.1 to 9.0.1.1912. Once this is done if I try and create a database I get the following error: [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to start database server Error code=-80 SQL state=08001 Connection parameters: User=DBA Password=*** ENG=asdfa START=dbeng9 -c 10M -gp 2048 DBN=utility_db I have also tried these same steps on another mac...

9.0.0, 9.0.1, 9.0.2
My shop is moving to PB9 and is about to deploy with 9.0.0 build 5507. How stable is this runtime environment? I assume 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 are better, but that isn't always the case. I'd like to convince folks here that going out with a .0 release is a bit risky, but I haven't found any issues with 9.0.0 yet that require us to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2. Should I feel comfortable that 9.0.0 is fine, or are there solid reasons to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2 that I haven't found yet? I'd go with the 9.0.1 release - the latest EBF. I haven't personally taken 9.0.2 for ...

Upgrading 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
Hi, We're looking to upgrade the following setup to ASA/Mobilink 9.0.1: ASE 12.5.2 cons under RedHat AS3 ASA 9.0.0.1252 remotes under Windows Mobile 2003 Mobilink 9.0.0.1252 under RedHatAS3 I've read through the 9.0.1 upgrade documention: What's New in SQL Anywhere Studio --Upading Software and Databases ----Upgrading MobiLink Some things are still unclear to me: 1. When upgrading from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1, must we upgrade the ASA database files? The documentation seems to indicate that this is required when coming from older versions only. Question 2 in a s...

Upgrading from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2
We are planning to upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2. The documentation states that we just need to run dbupgrad and then archive the transaction log and start a new one if we do some replication. Is it as easy as this? I can just rename the transaction log and then delete it. Could you share your experience if you have done this already? We are concerned that we will have problems with synchronization when we do this upgrade. Rey Valera wrote in news:45b896ef.3028.1681692777@sybase.com of sybase.public.sqlanywhere.mobilink: RV> We are planning to upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2. ...

Swedish Firefox 0.9, 0.9.1, 0.9.2
Hi, PLEASE NOTE: The Swedish l10n page has moved to http://www.mozilla.se/ This has been previously posted on this list and to mlp-staff, with no reply or update of the mlp status pages. Thus, i repeat: Please update your links! The Swedish (sv-SE) l10n group has releasted language packs and localized builds for Windows and Linux of the Firefox 0.9 versions. Due to the security issues, Windows version prior to 0.9.2 have been removed. These language packs are considered stable and tested. Firefox 0.9.2 pack: http://www.mozilla.se/paket/firefox-0.9.2-svSE.xpi Firefox 0....

Upgrading 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
Hi, We're looking to upgrade the following setup to ASA/Mobilink 9.0.1: ASE 12.5.2 cons under RedHat AS3 ASA 9.0.0.1252 remotes under Windows Mobile 2003 Mobilink 9.0.0.1252 under RedHatAS3 I've read through the 9.0.1 upgrade documention: What's New in SQL Anywhere Studio --Upading Software and Databases ----Upgrading MobiLink Some things are still unclear to me: 2. After having upgraded our ASE cons via the provided sql script, must we run only 9.0.1 Mobilink servers against it? To facilitate the rollout, we considering running the original 9.0.0 Mobili...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Issue with Upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2
I was wondering if you can help me with this issue that we experienced when we upgraded one of the ASA database that we are synchronizing from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2. The name of the database file is core5.db and the log is core5.log. After I ran the dbupgrad utility, I copied the core5.log file to the same folder and named it core51.log then I deleted the core5.log file. I got this error message in the attached log when I tried to synchronize. I. 01/31 10:32:54. Begin synchronizing 'ScopePub' for MobiLink user 'user1' I. 01/31 10:32:55. Log scan starting at offset 00004...

Upgrade 9.0.1 to 9.0.2
Using 9.0.1 developer's edition, is there any way to upgrade to 9.0.2, or do we need to uninstall 9.0.1 and install 9.0.2? Thanks Wayne MRs can be applied to EVAL and Developer editions. Maintenance releases (MR) and EBFs can be found at 1. Go to http://downloads.sybase.com 2. Logon to mySybase 3. From the product families list, select SQL Anywhere Studio 4. Locate desired MR or EBF. NOTE: 1) You may need to expand the Timeframe dropdown and click GO! to locate older MRs and EBFs. 2) EBFs can only be applied to the appropriate MR. If the EBF is for a later MR...

Maintenance release 9.0.2 from 9.0
I currently have InfoMaker v9.0 installed. No maintenance releases have been installed since base program installation. If I download and install the current release (9.0.2) will this also update everything that was included in release 9.0.1, or do I need to install that one first? Sorry for my lack of education here! Thanks for your help! Rita Palazzi Senior Engineer / Global Trade Services FedEx Express 902 can be installed directly on 9.0, no need to install 901. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/ http://www.pb9books.com pr...

Upgrade from 9.0.1 to 9.0.2
I'm currently up to SQL Anywhere 9.0.1.2085. I want to get to the latest release since I'm playing with Mobilink right now but I can't seem to be able to upgrade to the latest EBF of 9.0.2 from 9.0.1. The iAnywhere update website states: "There are no updates to iAnywhere's SQL Anywhere 9.0.1.2085, for WIN32 at this time." I can see one more EBF for 9.0.1 on Sybase' EBF web site. Does this require purchasing an upgrade to 9.0.2? Thanks in advance, Bob Bob wrote: > > Does this require purchasing an upgrade to 9.0.2? > ...

Web resources about - Maintenance Release(64-bit), Upgrade of 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 Bad CRC check sum on archive? - sybase.sqlanywhere.linux

Help:Contents/Account settings and maintenance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reliability centered maintenance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It is generally used to achieve improvements in fields such as the establishment of safe minimum levels of maintenance, changes to operating ...

Facebook Is Not Closing For Maintenance Feb. 29 To 31: Care To Guess Why?
... leap year.” Keep that traditional limerick in mind if you receive a message on the social network saying that Facebook will be closed for maintenance ...

High Maintenance (@HMwebseries) on Twitter

App Store - Gas Cubby - Fuel Economy (MPG, Mileage) Calculator and Car Maintenance & Service Log
Read reviews, get customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Gas Cubby - Fuel Economy (MPG, Mileage) Calculator and Car Maintenance ...

Yarra Trams starts emergency maintenance after tram derailment and collision
Yarra Trams will start emergency maintenance after a tram derailed and collided with parked cars in Mont Albert on Tuesday.

Mother plans to sue school after son died driving maintenance man's car
... for not acting on allegations the pair were drinking mates. The mother of a teenager who died driving a car belonging to his school's maintenance ...

Vimeo, Home of 'High Maintenance,' Invests in Slate of Three More Original Shows
... will fund its first slate of programming to lure customers to its fledgling on-demand video service and build on the success of "High Maintenance," ...

Site Maintenance
Site will be down at 4pm until who knows when until the new site is migrated. Front pagers check your email. Not in the mood for your bullshit ...

“Just FYI, Anne Hathaway is having a ‘low maintenance’ pregnancy” links
Anne Hathaway is having a “low maintenance” pregnancy. [I'm Not Obsessed] Tyler Perry . Live. Musical. Jesus Christ. [Dlisted] Kourtney Kardashian ...