When we start the database, we get 2140 "An External Winnt Error has occurred "

i have 6.0.2 #2371 and  just have an ebf .

0
Christian

1. Make sure the directory is accessible - Is it by chance write
protected?  (Did your network administrator change something and not tell
you?)
2. Check the event log - there may be more info there.
3. NT Service pack 4?  If so you need to install the SP4 hotfix:
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/winnt/winnt-
public/fixes/usa/nt40/hotfixes-postSP4/Rnr-fix/
4. Instead of start the service try starting the database engine
(DBSRV60) manually from the DOS prompt.
--
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Houston, TX

Sybase Developers Network
http://sdn.sybase.com/sdn/mec/mec_home.stm
0
eganjp

Services don't start automatically ("Database cannot be started -- I/O error" or "Database cannot be started -- No such file or directory")
My situation is: ..server: Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2 ..database server : Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0.2.4372. Windows starts automatically 32 services ASA, one database in each service If I start each service in manual everything is ok. When I restart the server, four service (always four!!!) don't start correctly with two kind of error: "Database cannot be started -- I/O error" "Database cannot be started -- No such file or directory" The services that don't start are not the same. I tried many times and everytime the problem is on...

Get "Mail"/"Get "News" / "Write"/"Post" buttons?
If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write" changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me and probably others from constantly forgetting to make the change before proceeding. :-) Or is there an extension to do this which I don't know about? Thanks! Bob Bob P wrote: > If the "Get Mail" button text changed to "Get News", and "Write" > changed to "Post" when TB's in the news-reading mode, it would save me > and probably others...

"Access database" and "Login error"
Hey guys,I'm trying to get an Access database to be the location of the username/password combinations. I've done it is as far as I can tell, but I'm now stuck with the following error.These are some of things I have doneSet up the database in ODBC under the name "OdbcServices"Put the database in the "App_data" folder in the website directoryThanks for any help that you guys can give about the error.The Naked Programmer------------------------------------------ Configuration Error Description: An error occurred during the proc...

Getting Error "An unhandled error has occurred." when trying to access my dnn
Getting Error "An unhandled error has occurred." when trying to access my dnn.  I have been working one this site for a few days now and everything has been working fine.  I had the website on my \\localhost\wwms but then I changed my default websites home directory so the local path would poing to the same place as \\localhost\wwms did.  Now I get this message, and the browser bar says http://wwmslr/WWMS/Default.aspx?error=Object+reference+not+set+to+an+instance+of+an+object.&content=0 How do I fix this? Thanks Are both websites using the same port?Muhammad FahadPakis...

when i log in, i get the "An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server" error.
My website online but when i enter log in details I get the following page.    Server Error in '/' Application. An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more in...

AllI get is this ! "An error has occurred"
.. http://hetland.the-server.dk/ There is loads of pages I can't reach anything through http:// but I can of course get to the content through ftp:// and SQL server. The question is this.. how do I DEBUG this ? anybody.. have a clue ? Check your DB. In particular your Portals Table. Your first "Portal" should have a PortalID of '0'.~ChrisNet Data Design706Horsman.us Was able to access your site, looks like you've fixed the problem...

Getting "No error" instead of "No such file or directory" on Win32
Hi all, in this CPAN testers XML-LibXML test failure: http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/d9cf95fc-d5e8-1017-8e8a-88a105085451 I am getting this: [QUOTE] t/01basic.t ......................... ok # Failed test 'error parsing non-existent does_not_exist.xml' # at t/02parse.t line 238. # 'Could not create file parser context for file "does_not_exist.xml": No error at t/02parse.t line 237. # ' # doesn't match '(?-xism:\ACould not create file parser context for file "does_not_exist\.xml": No\ such\ file\ or...

Getting Error Message "Error calling external function %s ..." when calling copymemoryIP function
Hi all, I am Tike. I am getting the error message as showed above when calling copymemoryIP external function in non visual object deployed as package in EA Server 5.2. I am using Powerbuilder version 9.0.3. The following is the coding of nf_connect function and the error hits at third CopyMemoryIp function which is at line 13. This nf_connect function is working fine without deploying as non visual object in EA Server. I couldn't find a solution for this issue for so many days, I really hope I can get it solved soon. Please help me if you know the solution. Thanks in advance. ...

Trying to change the Register link to "signup" or "get started"
Can someone please tell me where to change the text for the Register link. I would rather it say "signup" or "Get Started" or something. I have spent a long time looking for a place to change this, but im stumped. Any help is appreciated You can do this by modifying the resource file for the User control.  This is how it is accomplished: Goto the menu:  Admin->Languages. Open:  Local Resources->Admin->Skins->User.ascx.  It will ask you to "You are about to create a custom localized file for this portal. Are you sure you want to overload default localized fil...

Getting Error Message "Error calling external function %s ..." when calling copymemoryIP function Options
Hi all, I am getting the error message as showed above when calling copymemoryIP external function in non visual object deployed as package in EA Server 5.2. I am using Powerbuilder version 9.0.3. The following is the coding of nf_connect function and the error hits at third CopyMemoryIp function which is at line 13. This nf_connect function is working fine without deploying as non visual object in EA Server. I couldn't find a solution for this issue for so many days, I really hope I can get it solved soon. Please help me if you know the solution. Thanks in advance. S_HOSTENT ls...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

Error "An operations error occurred"
Dear All, Appreciate if anyone of you can guilde me on this. We encounted the problem “An operations error occurred” when we are submitting the “CreateDistributionList” procedure in “Hosted Exchange” namespace. This procedure used to be working before, but now it is having problem. Perhaps, something that has triggered the problem. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance, Chun Chai Can you provide more information? I do not know off hand what might cause that but if you post some more info, and I would suggest tracing the request using traceview in the MPS resource...

Unhadled Error: "An Error has Occurred"
Hi,After recompiling my DNN 3.2.0 (All clean). I FTPed the resulting set of DLLs up to my webserver overwriting the originals.I now get :Default.aspx?tabid=36&error=Object+reference+not+set+to+an+instance+of+an+object.&content=0with the term :An error has occurredAn error has occurredTotal panic as this is a live site!!! Can anyone help???...

Web resources about - When we start the database, we get 2140 "An External Winnt Error has occurred " - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Five million customers affected by Vtech database hack
Toy and educational material seller Vtech has revealed five million customers were affected by a hack of its app database and has also suspended ...

GOP rivals condemn Donald Trump for backing Muslim database
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson said Saturday that he wants to expand the government's surveillance operations aimed at ...

VTech Admits Lack of Database Security Opened Door to Hack
A SQL injection, a common software flaw, was found to be the root cause in the VTech breach.

MapR And Big Data In The World's Largest Biometric Database Project
India?s Aadhaar project is one of the world?s most ambitious big data projects, aiming to collect, store, and utilize biometric information from ...