What is Ip address if network card has more than one ip address assigned

Okay, I have a machine running sqlanywhere server, I have several ip
addresses bound to the network card.  if I am going to use a client on
another computer, what ip address is sqlanywhere server bound to?

Regards, Andy

0
Andrew

Pick one!  Then when you configure the db server us it:
-x TCPIP{MYIP=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx}
--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com

                          Enterprise Applications in Your Future?
                      JumpStart '99 Enterprise Solutions Conference
                                http://www.JumpStart99.com

jegan
2/26/1999 12:35:58 AM
Thanks Jim,

Can you answer one more.

If I want an ODBC app. on a client workstation to talk to the server
database. How do I do this.  I set up dbclient to do its thing, but i don't
have a file to reference in odbc32  since it is on the server. Thanks.

Jim Egan wrote in message ...
>Pick one!  Then when you configure the db server us it:
>-x TCPIP{MYIP=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx}
>--
>Jim Egan [TeamPS]
>Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com
>Houston, TX
>
>                ***********************************************************
>                          Enterprise Applications in Your Future?
>                      JumpStart '99 Enterprise Solutions Conference
>                                http://www.JumpStart99.com
>                ***********************************************************

0
Andrew
2/26/1999 3:57:06 PM
No need to refer to a file unless that database needs to be started.  If
the database is already started then you simply need to refer to the
database name or alias if you used that.

If the database isn't started then you need to provide a full drive and
path along with the database file name.  Make sure it is relative to the
server, not your client.
--
Jim Egan [TeamPS]
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com
Houston, TX

                          Enterprise Applications in Your Future?
                      JumpStart '99 Enterprise Solutions Conference
                                http://www.JumpStart99.com

jegan

Problem the IP address showing is NOT my IP address I am at.
host217-35-99-250.in-addr.btopenworld.com or 217.35.99.250 is someone else's IP address, not my IP address (12.98.80.XXX a Dynamic IP address range) when I test my ports with the NanoProbe system. In message <b6i8f8$tp1$1@news.grc.com>, abcministoragellc <abcministoragellc@netzero.net> kicked in with > >host217-35-99-250.in-addr.btopenworld.com >or 217.35.99.250 >is someone else's IP address, not my IP address (12.98.80.XXX a Dynamic >IP address range) >when I test my ports with the NanoProbe system. Had the same here, a couple of minute...

Changing to NAT using Private IP address What to do with OLd IP addresses
I have a client that is setting up NAT and using private addresses for the internal network. If we add new IP addresses to DCHP, do we delete the old addresses or is there a way to specify which set of Ip addresses for DHCP to hand out? Also, is there a way to just edit the present addresses? We looked and we are not able to see a way to edit the addreses. Thanks in advance for your help and advice. PLW In article <KVn8c.8445$jb5.1118@prv-forum2.provo.novell.com>, wrote: > If we add new IP addresses to DCHP, do we delete the > old addresses or is there a wa...

POA shows old ip address for client/server ip address
i just upgraded groupwise from 5.5 to 6.5 Clients cannot access via tcp/ip even though its setup with the correct ip address in console one. when looking at the poa log file at the server, it gives the old server ip address instead of the current ip address. I cannot find that old ip address in any settings, or is there another problem that is keeping me from accessing via the client using tcp/ip. Hi, Have you checked the POA startup file? Settings in there for the ipaddress and port override anything put into consoleone. Cheers, Steve <bfish@emily.ne...

Setup an IP address range for network address restriction
We need to setup a range of IP addresses for network address restriction on some of the Win2k stations with client 4.83sp2 and NW6.0 sp4. We followed the instruction of the following TID and it did not work at all: http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10057948.htm Any idea? Thank you in advance. Hi For some reason, Novell have never allowed this. You can set up address restrictions for an IPX subnet or for a list of IP or IPX addresses, but not an IP subnet. That would require entry of an address mask. There is nowhere to put one. The best you can do is to ...

DHCP assigning the same IP Address to Mutiple Mac Addresses
Is it possible in DHCP to assign the same IP Address to multiple Mac Addresses, ie. a laptop docked using the docking station NIC and a laptop undocked using the built-in NIC I have an application that checks security based on the IP-address that is assigned to the user. thanks, Chris Chris, AFAIK this isn�t possible. You have to add two different manual assignments to the nics. Joerg Joerg is correct, although you may be able to use a MAC Address override so that the machine has the same MAC address regardless of how it is connected. Check your OS d...

IP Addressing question
It seems to me that this is an elementary TCP-IP networking question. I must have skipped class for a baseball game that day <g>. I have two networks connected via VPN (watchguard) at two offices: Pittsburgh: 192.168.1.0/24 Cleveland: 192.168.2.0/24 We can communicate over the tunnel between the two networks without problem. However, what I want to do now is to set up a new computer for the branch (2.x) network, but I want to do it *here* in the Pittsburgh network (1.x). Unfortunately, it doesn't work. If I give the server an IP addres...

How to force MTA to use cluster ip address rather than physical ip address
Hi, Is there a way to force the MTA to use the virtual ip address for outbound connection. We run GW 6.5 SP2 in cluster with 6 nodes. We want to add an external Domain who have to go through a firewall. We added a rule to let the virtual ip address of the MTA to pass but we see that the MTA are using the physical ip address of the server so if the resource migrate, MTA will use an other address and my rule will not work anymore until I add the 6 physical ip address of each node, thing I don't want to do. Regards, Eric Bellavance Ministere des Finances It should...

How to Specify an IP address range for Network Address Restrictions in NetWare
I am looking for a way to restrict logins to my server from a range of different subnets. I found this tid http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10057948.htm but that is for restricting it to one subnet. Another consideration is we don't want this to impact ftp/ssh since we have some vendors that connect to us. Any ideas? Thanks in advance On 2/15/2007 Harold@askme.com wrote: > Any ideas? You should use FILTCFG instead. http://support.novell.com/docs/Tids/InfoDocument/2930996.html -- Edison Ortiz Novell Product Support Forum SysOp ...

Catch IP Address of Local Machine Insted of Server IP Address where the application is deployed at
Hai ,  I have a survey that will be sent to all the users across a group, This survey application is deployed on webserver and that link will be sent to all the group members.Right now it was capturing the IP  Address of server for all members in group , insted i need each members Local machine IP Address to be sent the database via server.  I tried using the following two requests but all they are doing is capturing the server ip address:  String clientName = Request.ServerVariables["LOGON_USER"]; String clientName = Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_ADD...

Allowed IP addresses for two network cards
Suppose I have two network cards in a computer. I understand they can't have identical IP addresses. I understand they can be quite different, like this 10.0.0.3 and 192.168.1.3 I don't understand where the limit lies in between. Can they be like this example: 192.168.1.*7* and 192.168.1.*8* Can they be like this example: 192.168.*1*.7 and 192.168.*2*.7 Where does the line get drawn? -- 'Come visit sometime' (http://www.swerdna.net.au/linux.html) ------------------------------------------------------------------------ You can have two NICs in the s...

Changing IP address of network card on system
currently i have created one class and i got all the network card information using windows API IPAdapterInfo but i am not getting how to change the ip address of the network card. I know one solution using registry but i dont wabnt to do this using registry change. Please help me to chagne the IP address of network card. Below is the procedure for getting information of Network cards: constructor var pAdapterInfo: PIP_ADAPTER_INFO; BufLen: DWord; Buf: string; I: Integer; Card: TNetworkCard; begin inherited Create(True); GetAdapte...

how can I change IP address Network card
Dear community, I need to change the IP address of primary network card installed on my Netware server. I checked to do it from remote management, but I can not anything helpful. Can you help me? Thanks in advance.. I'm a donkey with netware... Francesco, > I checked to do it from remote management, but I can not anything helpful. > Is this 6.0 or 6.5? - Anders Gustafsson (Sysop) The Aaland Islands (N60 E20) Discover the new Novell forums at http://forums.novell.com Novell does not monitor these forums officially. Enhancement requests for all No...

Gwia, "Bind exclusively to TCP/IP Address" and Secondary IP addresses problem...
Hello, I have a GWIA on a Bordermanger server with 3 private nics and 1 public. Gwia works with a groupwise PO server but also relays as an SMTP server other applications (like Topcall, Hp management server notifications, Listmessenger server etc.). Relays occur on different IP addresses on the different nics... By default, gwia listen and works with all the IP addresses and bordermanger filters have been configured accordingly. On the public side, the ptr dns record matches a secondary ip address. But, because of that, I get more and more errors like the following: &q...

Allow duplicate ip address command didn't work in Master IP Address Resource
Hiya. I have a 3 node nw6.5 sp3 cluster. The node with the Master ip address was poison pilled and the master ip address went to another server, however in the logger of the server it went to it shows the duplicate IP address message TCPIP-6.59-185: Sun Aug 14 23:38:25 2005 Added secondary IP address 139.143.51.2. TCPIP-6.59-344: Sun Aug 14 23:38:25 2005 WARNING : Duplicate IP address in use. Contact your system administrator. The Load script for the master ip address resource hasn't been changed and it does have the lines ignore_error set allow ip address duplicates...

Web resources about - What is Ip address if network card has more than one ip address assigned - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Internet Assigned Numbers Authority - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority ( IANA ) is the entity that oversees global IP address allocation, autonomous system number allocation, ...

Coalition ministers assigned bodyguards
Four senior ministers in the Abbott government have been assigned secret-service style protection amid an angry backlash over the federal budget, ...

Security concerns: 3500 more troops assigned to Olympics
Security concerns: 3500 more troops assigned to Olympics

Coalition ministers assigned bodyguards
Four senior ministers in the Abbott government have been assigned secret-service style protection amid an angry backlash over the federal budget, ...

Thai crown prince Maha Vajiralongkorn revokes wife's royally-assigned family name
Thailand's crown prince revokes the royally-assigned family name of his wife, amid cases of corruption.

New area code assigned to Quebec
The Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) said Wednesday that it will introduce a new area code for the 819 region ...

New Hampshire man arrested after protesting Jodi Picoult book assigned to teen daughter - CTV News
A New Hampshire dad was arrested at a school board meeting after protesting a book assigned to his teen daughter that contained what he said ...

One tln debt swap quota assigned to regional gov't
One tln debt swap quota assigned to regional gov't

Apple’s next-generation Apple TV moves closer to reality, assigned J33 codename
iOS release history tells us that as a product in development moves even closer to release, it is assigned a proper codename. Not only an identifier ...

Zimbabwe: ZBC Managers Re-Assigned
allAfrica: African news and information for a global audience The Zimbabwe Broadcasting Corporation has re-assigned senior managers as part of ...