Web Server and Client IP Address

If I am wrting a web service in SQL Anyhwere V9.X, can I get the client IP
address?

0
Bob

In your web service procedure, you can use "select connection_property(
'NodeAddress' )".

Graeme Perrow
Senior Software Developer
gperrow@ianywhere.com
iAnywhere Solutions Inc.
A Sybase company

Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
Developer Community at http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/

Bob Piskac wrote:
> If I am wrting a web service in SQL Anyhwere V9.X, can I get the client IP
> address?

0
Graeme
10/12/2004 8:13:01 PM
I don't beleive the client using a web browser actually connects to the
database.

"Graeme Perrow" <gperrowNO@SPAMianywhere.PLEASEcom> wrote in message

> In your web service procedure, you can use "select connection_property(
> 'NodeAddress' )".
>
> Graeme Perrow
> Senior Software Developer
> gperrow@ianywhere.com
> iAnywhere Solutions Inc.
> A Sybase company
>
> Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
> Developer Community at http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/
>

> Bob Piskac wrote:
>> If I am wrting a web service in SQL Anyhwere V9.X, can I get the client
>> IP address?

0
Bob
10/13/2004 7:17:47 PM
Hey, it worked.

"Bob Piskac" <Bob@pbsoftware.com> wrote in message
>I don't beleive the client using a web browser actually connects to the
>database.
>
> "Graeme Perrow" <gperrowNO@SPAMianywhere.PLEASEcom> wrote in message
>>
>> In your web service procedure, you can use "select connection_property(
>> 'NodeAddress' )".
>>
>> Graeme Perrow
>> Senior Software Developer
>> gperrow@ianywhere.com
>> iAnywhere Solutions Inc.
>> A Sybase company
>>
>> Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
>> Developer Community at http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/
>>

>> Bob Piskac wrote:
>>> If I am wrting a web service in SQL Anyhwere V9.X, can I get the client
>>> IP address?

0
Bob

POA shows old ip address for client/server ip address
i just upgraded groupwise from 5.5 to 6.5 Clients cannot access via tcp/ip even though its setup with the correct ip address in console one. when looking at the poa log file at the server, it gives the old server ip address instead of the current ip address. I cannot find that old ip address in any settings, or is there another problem that is keeping me from accessing via the client using tcp/ip. Hi, Have you checked the POA startup file? Settings in there for the ipaddress and port override anything put into consoleone. Cheers, Steve <bfish@emily.ne...

Changing IP address on server and clients
This might be an stupid question but we want to change the IP address on our main domain and PO. The DO and PO are at GroupWise 7 sp3 but the clients are at 7 sp2 and after changing the IP on the servers we want to upgrade the clients. I know we can do this using ngwnameserver and ngwnameserver2 my question is, I don't know where do I need to put this two commands with the new IP address. I printed tid 2923844 and I see the part that says NDS implementation (Best solution) but where do I put that info? Thank you. -- sddbj -----------------------------------------------...

terminal server client ip address
Hi , our application is running in a terminal server enviorment and i am trying to get the client ip address of the user that is connected. anyone else tried doing this before ? thanks Matt ok found some code to get session info , but it works for getting hostname etc... but to get the ip address of the client you the api returns a pointer to a structure , how do i populate a pb structure with this pointer ? if anyone has five minutes to take a look at the code (pb9) thanks Matt "Matthew Green" <mg@powersoft-services.co.uk> wrote in message news:41...

IP Addressing question
It seems to me that this is an elementary TCP-IP networking question. I must have skipped class for a baseball game that day <g>. I have two networks connected via VPN (watchguard) at two offices: Pittsburgh: 192.168.1.0/24 Cleveland: 192.168.2.0/24 We can communicate over the tunnel between the two networks without problem. However, what I want to do now is to set up a new computer for the branch (2.x) network, but I want to do it *here* in the Pittsburgh network (1.x). Unfortunately, it doesn't work. If I give the server an IP addres...

Client IP address using Citrix Server
Hi, I am trying to get a client IP addres which is using a citrix server to run an aspx page/application. Request.Servervariables("Remote_Host") only gives me the IP address of the citrix server but not the actual client? Or Is there a way to retrieve the environment variable of the actual client? Thanks Shafiq   ThanksShafiq...

Access Web App from Server IP Address
Hey all, This may actually be more of an IIS quesiton but hopefully someone here knows the answer. I am working with a third party API  and they require my web server ip address and URLs for some HTTP Posting.My Windows 2003 Server web server has multiple websites set up including a default one.If I input the IP into a web browser then it returns my default site.The HTTP Posting will need to use a different App to my default website. How can I reference the required web app when using my Web Server IP Address? kind of like:   http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/webapp/url  ...

web service: requesting client ip address
I need to log every call to my web service.  Im trying to request client ip from my web method.For this purpose i use: String ip = Context.Request.UserHostAddress.ToString();This works fine when for request that comes from my local network, but this line of code throw exception when i try to access web service from out network (internet)When I remove this line of code web service works fine even from out network.Anybody knows what is a problem !?   Try Context.Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_ADDR"]Community Coder When we are logging the website we also want...

Getting server IP Address from the client with StoredProcedure
Hi. How can I get ASA server IP Address from the client with Stored procedure, I know how to obtain IP addresses of all the connected users but not the server ? Best Regards. Yossi. You could supply the server's machine_name as an in parameter for the sp, then call xp_cmdshell ('ping <machine_name>) which will then obtain the ip address. However, I'm not sure how you would capture only the relevant information from the ping command. If someone knows how, that takes care of the only stumbling block. Ian Yossi Zaig wrote: > Hi. > >...

Enterprise web server single ip address
When you install enterprise web server, it asks if you want to use single or multiple ip addresses. When I use single IP address other web based management tools tend to break. This is the default on the install. Should you always use multiple IP addresses or is there a way for the management tools and the web server to coexist on the same IP? Meme: > Should you always use multiple IP addresses or is there a > way for the management tools and > the web server to coexist on the same IP? > if you feel confident in editing port numbers and ip addresses ...

Client not connecting to the right IP address of server.
Here is my setup. Windows 2000 Pro and Windows XP Pro workstations. NW Client 4.93sp1a Netware 5.1 server running IP only. I have two IP networks at my location and the network is routeable. The network setup follows: Network A is 10.1.2.0 Network B is 10.1.3.0 Gateway on A is 10.1.2.1 Gateway on B is 10.1.3.1 Netmask is 255.255.255.0 I have the Netware server setup on the one network card as 10.1.2.8 and 10.1.3.8 This server is also serving as DHCP server for both networks. My problem. I have noticed when I look at the the network connections on the local PC it shows the ser...

Catch IP Address of Local Machine Insted of Server IP Address where the application is deployed at
Hai ,  I have a survey that will be sent to all the users across a group, This survey application is deployed on webserver and that link will be sent to all the group members.Right now it was capturing the IP  Address of server for all members in group , insted i need each members Local machine IP Address to be sent the database via server.  I tried using the following two requests but all they are doing is capturing the server ip address:  String clientName = Request.ServerVariables["LOGON_USER"]; String clientName = Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_ADD...

How get IP address of Web server in ASP.Net
I want to get IP address of Web server in ASP.Net.For ex. if i will click on one button , i want ip address of www.yahoo.com. How will i get this address in ASP.net If anyone know please reply me as early as possible. Its very urgent.   Hi, try System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses("http://www.yahoo.com"); It returns an array of IpAddress Objects but you could just use the first one, depending on your situation.Please remember to mark this post as an [Answer] if you found it helpful. Hi, Please check this: http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/mahesh/get_ip11152005064...

IP address of clients, connected to DataSnap server [Edit]
Hello. Please help with answers: Is it possible to obtain list of clients currently connected to the DataSnap server, including IP adresses? What class i need to use for it? Edited by: Sergey Ryasnyanskiy on Jun 19, 2011 9:53 PM There is no default way to accomplish this task without some programming on your part. If you find that you can obtain the correct IP from the OnConnect event (in XE you may find the IP returned is the Server's IP) then you can store that IP in the session (Session := TDSSessionManager.GetThreadSession;) using the get/put data functions. You can later g...

Web resources about - Web Server and Client IP Address - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

IPv4 address exhaustion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IPv4 address exhaustion is the depletion of the pool of unallocated Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4) addresses. The IP address space is managed ...

Lies and More Lies: Another Look at Obama's State of the Union Address
Lies and More Lies I commented on Obama's state of the union address in Brilliant Bullshit! Let's check out an alternative viewpoint. In the ...

'Making a Murderer' directors address abuse allegations by Steven Avery's ex-fiancee
The filmmakers behind Netflix's popular "Making a Murderer" docuseries addressed recent allegations from Steven Avery's ex-fiancee that he abused ...

'You Can't Manage What You Can't See': Cisco Helps Businesses Address Shadow IT
'You Can't Manage What You Can't See': Cisco Helps Businesses Address Shadow IT CNNMoney Shadow IT is rampant. For years, CIOs have known that ...

Why was Kim Davis at the State of the Union address?
The Liberty Counsel, which represents Ms. Davis, said she would attend the speech to oppose the Administration's 'trampling of religious liberty.' ...

Cuomo Talks $15 Minimum Wage During State Address
'Millions of low-wage workers have to choose between paying taxes and buying food'

In weekly address, Obama proposes employment insurance reforms
x YouTube Video President Obama used this week’s address to push to “modernize our employment insurance system.” If a hardworking American ...

President Obama Last State of the Union Address Recap Group Group
Trump is small potatoes. Obama had his sights set on bigger things last night.

Flint crisis clouds Snyder's State of the State address
Detroit Free Press Flint crisis clouds Snyder's State of the State address Detroit Free Press LANSING — Last year at this time, Gov. Rick ...

“You Were Wrong!” New York Assemblyman Calls Out Cuomo at State of the State Address
Andrew Cuomo didn’t get far into his state of the state address this afternoon before the heckling began. The New York governor had spoken for ...