Virus Detection S/W (Netware 4.11) Compatible w/SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 & 5.5.0.4

<HTML>
Does anyone have any recommendations as to a virus detection software for
Netware (4.11) that is compatible with SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 or 5.5.0.4?&nbsp;
Our customer was using Cheyenne's Innoculan which shut the database/service
down and they are looking for a proven alternative.
<BR>Thanks,
<BR>Stacy Zacher
<BR>M&amp;I Data Services, Inc.</HTML>

0
Stacy

Stacy Zacher wrote:

> Does anyone have any recommendations as to a virus detection software
> for Netware (4.11) that is compatible with SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 or
> 5.5.0.4?  Our customer was using Cheyenne's Innoculan which shut the
> database/service down and they are looking for a proven alternative.
> Thanks,
> Stacy Zacher
> M&I Data Services, Inc.

Hi Stacy,

We also have a customer with exactly the same problem as you do.
Either we have to run the database XOR the virus software.
This is because SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 is overwriting the standard
Novell CLIB.NLM with its own copy.

We have opened a new case today with Sybase Tech support Nr 20130280.

If you have any more information on this problem (or a solution)
I would appreciate if you could send me email.

TIA,
Celia
| 1998            ! ! !  10 Years SQL AG ! ! !          1998  |
|  Celia Hegarty              |  mailto:ch@sql.ch             |
|  Consultant                 |  url:   http://www.sql.ch     |
|  Baarermattstrasse 10       |  Tel:   ++(0)41 - 768.40.40   |
|  CH-6302 Zug (Switzerland)  |  Fax:   ++(0)41 - 768.40.41   |
Celia
10/23/1998 10:48:11 AM
Not to try and put our spin on the issue :) but...

1) the clib we ship for Netware 3.x is Novell's.  It contains the extensions
that Novell added to support DFS which is the file access system all
databases use on the Netware O/S.  This functionality is native in Netware
4.x and above.

2) Innoculan assumes that the way we manipulate our files though DFS is the
sign of a virus.  As far as I know this problem exists on all versions of
Netware.

Until Inccoculan has the ability to exclude certain files from scanning you
will not be able to run the two products together

Sorry

/steve

--
Stephen Rice
Manager Custom Support

Celia Hegarty wrote in message <36305EEB.2846@castor.sql.ch>...
>Stacy Zacher wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone have any recommendations as to a virus detection software
>> for Netware (4.11) that is compatible with SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 or
>> 5.5.0.4?  Our customer was using Cheyenne's Innoculan which shut the
>> database/service down and they are looking for a proven alternative.
>> Thanks,
>> Stacy Zacher
>> M&I Data Services, Inc.
>
>Hi Stacy,
>
>We also have a customer with exactly the same problem as you do.
>Either we have to run the database XOR the virus software.
>This is because SQL Anywhere 5.5.04 is overwriting the standard
>Novell CLIB.NLM with its own copy.
>
>We have opened a new case today with Sybase Tech support Nr 20130280.
>
>If you have any more information on this problem (or a solution)
>I would appreciate if you could send me email.
>
>TIA,
>Celia
>--
>+-------------------------------------------------------------+
>| 1998            ! ! !  10 Years SQL AG ! ! !          1998  |
>+-------------------------------------------------------------+
>|  Celia Hegarty              |  mailto:ch@sql.ch             |
>|  Consultant                 |  url:   http://www.sql.ch     |
>|  Baarermattstrasse 10       |  Tel:   ++(0)41 - 768.40.40   |
>|  CH-6302 Zug (Switzerland)  |  Fax:   ++(0)41 - 768.40.41   |
>+-------------------------------------------------------------+

0
Stephen
--------------1EB411E777C30ACD5F0CAF2E

Stacy Zacher wrote:

>  Does anyone have any recommendations as to a
> virus detection software for Netware (4.11) that
> is compatible with SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 or
> 5.5.0.4?  Our customer was using Cheyenne's
> Innoculan which shut the database/service down
> and they are looking for a proven alternative.
> Thanks,
> Stacy Zacher
> M&I Data Services, Inc.

We're using McAfee with no problems on an
IntraNetware Server...

--------------1EB411E777C30ACD5F0CAF2E

begin:          vcard
fn:             Bernard Mikowski