ver 11 server startup sequence

I have a customer running two apps one using SQL 7.0.4 and the other SQL 11.
When the server boots, apparently the v 7 db's startup first, then the v 11
db.  Both apps work fine on the server; however, the v11 app can't see the
db from a client workstation.

If I shutdown all db servers and start the v 11 first, then the v 7 db, all
is well.  I know it sounds like a firewall issue with the non-default port
numbers, but why does it work in reverse?

Any ideas on how to remedy this problem?
--
Bill Skelton

0
Bill

How to enabling VNC Server on startup of the X server with 11.2
Hello, how is it possible to enabling VNC Server on startup of the X server with opensuse 11.2? I found a solution for SLE 11 but it don't work on opensuse 11.2. 'Enabling VNC Server on startup of the X server with SLE 11' (http://tinyurl.com/24lhtng) Can someone help? Thanks -- witjojo ------------------------------------------------------------------------ This works for me. It activates when a user logs in but also when an auto-login is operating: 'TightVNC on openSUSE' (http://opensuse.swerdna.org/susetightvnc.html). In particular se...

sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere server
Currently i am using sqlanywhere and powerbuilder tool as my system development. And i am developing a standalone system. Let say, if i want to migrate my standalone system to client-server system, how do i do that? I heard that i need to have sqlanywhere(server engine) to deploy my system as client-server system. If so, do i need to install sqlanywhere(server engine) into window NT or just normal pc(treat as server). For client-server system, do i need to install sqlanywhere server at server and sqlanywhere client as normal pc where my program is installed? Could someone tell me where...

Migrating from one 4.11 server to another 4.11 server
Good day all, I am replacing a failing 4.11 server. Is there a migration utility that I can use to copy over files and directories and still keep the same permissions and attributes on those files? I have tried just copying them over in NWadmin but the permissions are not copied over. I've also seen mention of utilites to copy from older servers to 4.11 but nothing that I could use between two 4.11 servers. Another question, Once I have all files copied over I will need to rename the new server to replace the old server. What is the safest way of doing this s...

Unable to start database server in SQLANYWHERE 11.
I am trying to create a new database in SQL ANYWHERE 11.0.1 and I am getting the following errors using the Create Database Wizard and I am getting the following errors: Unable to start database server [Sybase][ODBC Driver][SQL Anywhere]Unable to start database server Error code=-80 SQL state=08001 Any clue as to what might be causing this? ...

Open Client/Server Ver 11.1 files required?
We have 10 servers on a WAN connected with slow dialup routers. We do all our C compiling on one local system and distribute the exe's to the remote systems. Each remote system has a full installation of ASE 11.92. We have just installed Open Client/Server version 11.1 on the local system. Can someone tell me what subsets of the open client install must be on the remote systems to allow an Open client C program to function? We would like to save disk space on the remote systems as they are older systems and are running short on disk space. TIA, Gary Gary Johnson wrot...

Database Server not found after upgrade from ASA 9 to SQLAnywhere 11
Our database server was running under ASA 9 and we were connecting from client computers using the following odbc profile... [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\albatross_works] "Driver"="C:\\Program Files\\Sybase\\SQL Anywhere 9\\win32\\dbodbc9.dll" "UID"="dba" "PWD"="*********" "DatabaseName"="albatross" "EngineName"="\\\\07-06-tides\\albatross_00" "AutoStop"="Yes" "Integrated"="No" "Debug"="No" "DisableMulti...

ASE 11.9.2 Linux Server Startup/Shutdown
Hi everyone. I've got a bit of a problem with the sybase startup script on RH6.1. I've modified the stop section according to Michael Peppler's ASE on Linux FAQ, and now my database gracefully shuts down, and the lock file is removed. I do get the following error messages: CT-LIBRARY error: ct_results(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Library operation terminated due to disconnect CT-LIBRARY error: ct_cancel(): network packet layer: internal net library error: Net-Lib protocol driver call to read data failed But these just ap...

Installing Robocup Server In openSuse Ver 10.3 & 11.0
hi. I've tried installing robocup simulation server in openSuse 11 several times.But I couldn't install it properly. even I've installed all the packages inside the installation DVD.Therefore I tried Installing the server in the openSuse 10.3 . This time I could successfully install the rcssbase & rcssserver but I couldn't Install the monitor and the log player. One of my friends told me that you might need to install some other packages. the required packages are "boost" & "gcc". I installed both packages but I'm still facing those e...

Migrating DB from Adaptive Server Anywhere 9.0.2 to SqlAnyWhere 11
Hi, We are trying to convert our application to 11.5.1, which was recently converted to 10.5.2 from 9.0. When I try to create an ODBC driver in SQLAnywhere 11 pointing to our DB from 10.5.2, it says the dB was created in an earlier version. How to I migrate my DB to the newer version. Thanks Subhash The SQL Anywhere that is installed with PowerBuilder is a developer's edition -- you are only licensed to deploy the runtime edition of SQL Anywhere (rtengX.exe where X is the version of SA) unless you obtain licenses for the other components. The migration (upgrading) p...

Migration from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11
Do I need to migrate the database file if i want to migrate my application from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11? or a databse file created by SQLAnywhere10 will run fine under SQLAnywhere 11? Jorge, From: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.php#http%3A%2F%2Fdcx.sybase.com%2F1100en%2Fsachanges_en11%2Fv10upgrade-up-sql-any-123456.html ======== Upgrading version 10.0.0 and later databases If you are upgrading from version 10.0.0 or later, you can either use the Upgrade utility or rebuild your database. Upgrading or rebuilding is an optional step because the version 11 software ...

Upgrade from 11.0.3.3 SQL Server to 11.9.2 with RepServer 11.5
I am preparing to upgrade our production servers (11.0.3.3) using RepServer 11.5 with LTMs. My understanding is that the ASE 11.9.2 has RepAgents build in as Open Server applications. Are there any issues with upgrading that I need to be aware of? Where would I look? I would assume that I don't need to run LTMs anymore, but I need to ensure no loss of replication to the warm standby. Any advice? Take care. JCS ...

Replication Server 11.5
Simply, can I replicate from 11.9.3 to 11.0.3.3 using Replication Server 11.5, warm standby solution with replication definitions? We are in the process of upgrading our production systems to 11.9.3 from 11.0.3.3. Our current scenerio looks like this: Server A : 11.0.3.3 Production ASE/11.5 RepServer Server B: 11.0.3.3 ASE Server C: 11.0.3.3 ASE 1. Currently replicating Server A --> Server C 2. Upgrade Server B to 11.9.3. 3. Replicate Server A --> Server B ** This is where my question fits in--if a "switch" is needed, can 11.9.3 --> 11.0.3.3? 4. Sto...

Server startup error "AFLIB Message: 18046/11/0: Couldn't authenticate user ."
All of sudden the EAServer 4.2.2 has this following problem when I restarted the Jaguar server. Anyone ever encounter this issue? "AFLIB Message: 18046/11/0: Couldn't authenticate user . Server doesn't have administrative privileges." Thanks for participarting..! This usually means that you are using OS Authentication in Windows, but the server's account (the account that is running EAServer) doesn't have administrative privileges. Administrative privileges allow EAServer to check userid/passwords with the operating system. The system administrat...

Opensuse 11.0/11.1 server?
Is it possibel to use an opensuse live cd to set up a server? WHat steps would need to be taken to go about doing this? OR... am i stuck downloading the huge dvd iso? -- shuggans ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Doing it 3 times doesn't mean you'll get people to help. Your question is a bit open ended. I could simply say yes do cd install, install ssh done a ssh server set up, or configure no download mail server(iirc Suse has the basics) Or I could say no download the DVD, or maybe I'll say yes do a install setup...

Web resources about - ver 11 server startup sequence - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Sequence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Sequential" redirects here. For the manual transmission, see Sequential manual transmission . For other uses, see Sequence (disambiguation) ...

Sequence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Sequential" redirects here. For the manual transmission, see Sequential manual transmission . For other uses, see Sequence (disambiguation) ...

TV title sequences that are as unmissable as the shows that follow
TV credit sequences were once a mere formality, but not any more.

'Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice': Lego set may have revealed major battle sequence; Connection to ...
Battle scene involving Lex Luthor, Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman reportedly teased in Lego toy set.

Train your brain in The Sequence, a challenging puzzler
[the Sequence] Perfect Paths Trainyard Train your brain in The Sequence, a challenging puzzler is a story by AppAdvice.

Guru denied copyright protection for Bikram yoga sequence of postures
Bikram Choudhury atop a student. (credit: tiarescott ) Sure, DC Comics can copyright the Batmobile . However, Yoga guru Bikram Choudhury, infamous ...

The thrilling Mexico City sequence in 'Sicario' took a lot of negotiating to pull off
Cinematographer Roger Deakins feels every movie has its own set of challenges, whether it be the budget or time to pull off shots. However, for ...

American Horror Story: Hotel Main Title Sequence Released
Hotel Cortez: You can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave!Series creator Ryan [...] Hotel Cortez: You can check-out any time ...

Court: Hot Yoga's Sequence of Poses Can't Be Copyrighted
The founder of a popular form of yoga that is performed in a room heated to more than 100 degrees lost a court appeal Thursday to copyright a ...

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD: Watch the Big Opening Sequence to Season 3
Check out the opening sequence of SHIELD: Season 3, as a new Inhuman emerges and Quake shows off her power.