Upgrading db from ASA v. 9 to ASA v. 10.0.1

I currently have Sybase ASA V. 9 running on Windows 2003
and would like to upgrade to V 10.0.1 installed on Windows
2008.

If I unload the V9 db and try to reload it in V10, will it
restore without any problems?  Does anyone have experience
doing this?

Also, do I need to purchase 64 bit version of ASA 10 since
I'll be installing it on Windows 2008 Server?

Thanks.
0
Don

Don,

usually you would use the dbunload untility of SA10 to upgrade your ASA9
db to the new structure or use the assistent within Sybase Central 5.0.

AFAIK SA10 32 bit will run fine under Windows 2008 R2, nevertheless I
would recommend using the 64 bit version, I you've got a chance to choose.

HTH
Reimer

Don Palmer wrote:
> I currently have Sybase ASA V. 9 running on Windows 2003
> and would like to upgrade to V 10.0.1 installed on Windows
> 2008.
>
> If I unload the V9 db and try to reload it in V10, will it
> restore without any problems?  Does anyone have experience
> doing this?
>
> Also, do I need to purchase 64 bit version of ASA 10 since
> I'll be installing it on Windows 2008 Server?
>
> Thanks.

Is there any reason you're not looking to move to the latest release?  SA10
is still under support, but there are a ton of great new features in 12 that
are worth a look - and you'll have a longer shelf-life for active
engineering support.

Paul Horan[Sybase]
http://paulhoran.ulitzer.com

<Don Palmer> wrote in message news:4d1b38fc.7a16.1681692777@sybase.com...
>I currently have Sybase ASA V. 9 running on Windows 2003
> and would like to upgrade to V 10.0.1 installed on Windows
> 2008.
>
> If I unload the V9 db and try to reload it in V10, will it
> restore without any problems?  Does anyone have experience
> doing this?
>
> Also, do I need to purchase 64 bit version of ASA 10 since
> I'll be installing it on Windows 2008 Server?
>
> Thanks.

0
Paul
12/30/2010 3:19:06 PM
In addition to what Paul said: Even if you are very conservative about
upgrading DBMS software (as I am), version 11.0.1 is HIGHLY
RECOMMENDED over version 10. Rock solid, a Golden Version much like
5.5 and 9.0.2 (yes, folks still run 5.5, that's why Foxhound supports
it :)

Breck

--
Breck Carter

Visit SQLA! ...the new SQL Anywhere online community
   http://sqla.stackexchange.com

Blog: http://sqlanywhere.blogspot.com/

RisingRoad helps SQL Anywhere developers make better databases...
   http://www.risingroad.com/

Breck.Carter at gmail
0
Breck
1/1/2011 1:06:16 PM
Hello,

9.02 is ROCK SOLID!

It's the only version we are using now for every one of our installations.

-Robert

--
Breck Carter

Visit SQLA! ...the new SQL Anywhere online community
   http://sqla.stackexchange.com

Blog: http://sqlanywhere.blogspot.com/

RisingRoad helps SQL Anywhere developers make better databases...
   http://www.risingroad.com/

Breck.Carter at gmail

0
Robert

Converting v.5.0.5 db to v.9.0.1 db.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub40460788 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am getting the attached error when trying to convert. Any idea? I am using SQL Anywhere Studio 9 to do this, but because it only converts dbs v.7 or later, it says I need to unload and reload. The error is generated when it tries to unload. Thanks in advance, jp ---=_forums-2-dub40460788 Content-Type: text/plain; name="scj_errors.txt" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; f...

question : upgrade from ASA 9.0.1 build 1975 to ASA 9.0.2 build 2551
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004A_01C51418.8836CAB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable When upgrading from ASA 9.0.1 to ASA 9.0.2 is it critical that the = database be unloaded and reloaded or can just the software be updated? Thanks, Dave ------=_NextPart_000_004A_01C51418.8836CAB0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML...

Using Replication Server for ASA 9.0.1 to ASA 9.0.1 replication
We are an ASA 9.0.1 shop running on Windows XP. We host several of our clients and want to implement a warm standby server for recovery. We've looked into Mobilink and Remote server within ASA and don't like them. I read that Replication Server will support ASA, is what I've described doable? If so, is there a cook book? Thanks Eric ...

ASA Upgrade from 9.0.1 to 9.0.2
HI, I just upgraded my 9.0.1 developers edition ASA to 9.0.2 using the EBF downloaded from on-line. It worked fine except that now all my licensing information is gone so that I'm down to 1 unlicensed user. What can I do to solve this. Thanks, Jonathan Jonathan, The dblic utility will solve your problem. You can find all the information in the documentation: ASA Database Administration Guide Database Administration Utilities The License utility Managing licenses using the dblic command-line utility -- Joshua Savill iAnywhere Solutions - Produc...

Convert ASA 9.0 cp850 DB to ASA 11.0 utf8 DB
When we unload our Database in dat-Files with ASA 9 or ASA 11 (Dataformat: cp850), we can't reload the exported data & structur in a new ASA 11 UTF-8 DB. Create a new ASA 11 Database is not the Problem. Only run the Reload.sql - File with the cp850 Encoding Data. What is the Problem? First off you should only use V11 of DBUnload for this. (v9 dbunload will not know how to prepare for a V11 upgrade and can introduce behaviours that are addressed in the V11 dbunload) To make dbisql handle the different charsets you used to use the -codepage switch. But since that switch...

Upgrading from ASA 9.0.2 to 11.0.1
Hi all, My client has been using ASA 9.0.2 for several years replicating data from several remote dbs with no problems at all. We are now looking at upgrading to 11.0.1 and I'm wondering if there are any known issues with this in regards of replication? Thanks in advance:) Best regards, Arnor Baldvinsson - Icetips Alta LLC Port Angeles, WA Hi all, "Arnor Baldvinsson" <arnor@icetips.com> wrote in message news:4cc9f4f4$1@forums-1-dub... > to 11.0.1 and I'm wondering if there are any known issues with this in > regards of replicat...

ASA 8.0.2 win32 to ASA 9.0.1.1753 Rehat problem
Hello - I'm currently testing the aforementioned migration and all was going well until I upgraded to ASA 9.0.1.1753 on my linux box. On the read of the reload.sql file I get the following error. divide_by_zero_error - unknown option If I remove this from the reload.sql file I fail setting the next public option allow_sync_pk_update - unknown option I did have some trouble with the CRC issue but I finally got a clean untar of the file. The update went well but now I'm stuck. Help E- In article <40abb544.5c97.1681692777@sybase.com>, Eric says... ...

sys.sysindexes differs between ASA 9.0.2 and 10.0.1
Hi, Is it intentional that sys.sysindexes contains primary keys in ASA10 but does not in ASA9? I just came across the fact that all primary keys are contained in the view in a database built with ASA 10.0.1.3488 and have Indextype 'UNIQUE constraint', while primary keys are not contained in the same view in a database built with ASA 9.0.2.3182. It seems that you can filter out the primary key entries by WHERE Indextype <> 'UNIQUE constraint' OR Iname like '%(%)' Can I rely on this behaviour for code that has to run on ASA 9 and 10, as...

Upgrading to ASA 9 from ASA 6.0.3
Hi, We have a consolidated ASA 603 database with SQL Remote and some 50+ remote databases. We want to upgrade our consolidated database and server to version 9. 1) What is the best way of doing this? 2) Will our remote databases continue to replicate without any changes? Thanks in advance Jyotsna Rao Hi, I have other concerns regarding this as well. Once I do upgrade, how do I extract V6 remote databases from a V9 database? Thanks Jyotsna Rao > Hi, > We have a consolidated ASA 603 database with SQL Remote > and some 50+ remote databases. We want to u...

Cannot upgrade ASA db from 9 to 10
I cannot upgrade from 9.0.2 to 10.0.1 The Tasks (on left) ofrt an option under Sybase Central using unload/reload but it fails because the database is not running and I cannoy run the db because it was create under 0.0.2 I am useing 10.0.1 Developer Eval copy. How can I upgrade the db and start testing version 10 TIA Ephraim "Ephraim" <ephraim@no-spam.com> wrote in news:487252f6$1@forums-1-dub: > I cannot upgrade from 9.0.2 to 10.0.1 > > The Tasks (on left) ofrt an option under Sybase Central using unload/reload > but it fails because t...

Upgrading from ASA 6.0.3 to ASA 9 problems
We are trying to migrate from ASA 6.0.3 to ASA 9.0.0.1108 and are just at first steps. Installed ASA9 OK and its sample is running fine, created our own db service with asademo.db. But we are having difficulties when simply trying to connect to our old DB files, in ODBC administrator, whenever we try to create a DSN for them and point to old DB files and go to Test Connection, we get "Connection failed: Request to start/stop database denied." For similar reasons, we cannot connect directly to the file from Sybase Central, but it gives some more info of the error: "...

upgrade a production asa 8 server with asa 9 or 10
I have a customer that is running ASA 8. They will soon want to upgrade to either version 9 or 10. Is it considered safe to upgrade the test id of a production server, and, in this case, have ASA 8 and ASA 9 (or 10) services running on the same production box? Is it considered safe to install an ASA 9 (or 10) upgrade on a Production box running ASA 8? After ASA 9 (or 10) is installed, I would setup an ASA 9 or 10 service and run their Test database from that service. The customer would then test our app against the 9 or 10 engine and ultimately, point the 9 or 10 engine...

Upgraded from DNN 1.0.9 to 1.0.10
When I upgrade to version 1.0.10 from 1.0.9 will I lose all of my settings and portals or will they just migrate to version 1.0.10. And would the additional modules stay installed or will I have reinstall these? I just ask this because our company is using the portal sites for everyday bussiness use. Thanks Kenyolk The settings would be retained, but any images, private assemblies, docs, and other non-standard files, need to be copied to their appropriate locations. When I did the upgrade on my dev machine, local install, it wasn't much of an effort, but did require a little br...

ASA 7 v ASA 8 - Performance
Is there a noticable increase in performance from Sybase 7 to 8.01? Has anyone encountered serious problems when attempting to do this, and if so what should I be on th elook out for? Thanks. JJS, We've seen very good performance from 8.0.1 compared to version 7, however we did have to completely rebuild the db using version 8 to get the new features. If you move to version 8.0.2 there are also some new performance enhancement there in that you can now use clustered indexes which may help your performance in certain cases. HTH's Michael Gould Omni Computer Cons...

Web resources about - Upgrading db from ASA v. 9 to ASA v. 10.0.1 - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Mac Spoofed: Upgrading [Low Quality]
PC teaches Mac about the benefits of upgradability.

Nuclear states still upgrading stocks

Looks like Labor's upgrading from Tarago to minibus
The people of Stafford have done the rest of Queensland a favour by electing Dr Anthony Lynham.

Upgrading IOIO to Bluetooth - YouTube