Upgrade SqlAnywhere Server 5.0 auf SqlAnywhere 7.0

Hello,
We want to upgrade our SqlAnywhere database server from 5.0
to 7.0. How does this work? Please help me.

Many thanks,
Gerhard
0
Gerhard

You can either unload/reload or upgrade the database. The documentation
discusses this.

BTW ASA7 is currently in limited support. Current versions are ASA8 and ASA9
so it would be wise to consider going to a later version.

<Gerhard> wrote in message news:41e3a189.7488.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hello,
> We want to upgrade our SqlAnywhere database server from 5.0
> to 7.0. How does this work? Please help me.
>
> Many thanks,
> Gerhard

0
Chris

datawindow created in sqlanywhere 5.5.0.4 upgrade to ASA6.0.1
I've a problem with datawindow. I'm using pb5.0.2 and created a lot of datawindow using sqlanywhere 5.5.0.4 Now i've upgrade sqlanywhere 5.5.0.4 to ASA6.0.1. My problem is, when i want to modify datawindow (datasource mode) to add table into my datawindow, the pb did'nt recognise the old table because all the tables name seem have a prefix DBA. eg. DBA.tablename Can anybody help me...! Hi, one way is to update your pb.ini with an entry for [Adaptive Server Anywhere]. Take a look at the ASA Online Help a search for 'upgrade' the neccessary info...

ISQL differences between SQLAnywhere 5.5.05 to ASA 7.0.2 upgrade
I have included in the following sections the contents of each of the files. Our database scripts are maintained in various directories under the main dbscripts directory. With version 5.5.05 build 2787 if the database engine is started from within the dbscripts directory isql will properly load tableV with the contents of tableV.dat. With Version 7.0.2 build 1402, I have not found a way around supplying the full path to the tableV.dat file. The create.sql script is found, but the dataV.dat file is not. Is there an option with ASA 7.0.2 to allow me to not need to supply the ful...

SQLAnywhere 9.0.0 (1108) with Clarion 5.5
I'm having an Identity crisis <g>. I have used code like this for several years, and never with any problem. I insert a record and then use @@Identity to retrieve the autoincremented sysid of the inserted record. Last week, a user ran a process (which does generally work and has been running very smoothly) and instead of retrieving the sysid from the inserted record, @@Identity returned the sysid of a completely different record that had been inserted several minutes earlier than the one just added. I can't recreate the problem either. Any ideas? Thanks!! Here is t...

Will PD2.0 WORK WITH SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.4??
Does anyone know of any compatibility issues with using PD2.0 with this newer version of SQLA? What about the new Adaptive Server Anywhere 6?? Thanks for any input you can offer, Scott Works fine with 5.504 and I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't work with 6. Carson ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Carson Hager Dynamic Data Solutions Team Powersoft http://www.dyn-data.com MS Certified Professional chager@dyn-data.com ******** Are You Ready for ...

sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere server
Currently i am using sqlanywhere and powerbuilder tool as my system development. And i am developing a standalone system. Let say, if i want to migrate my standalone system to client-server system, how do i do that? I heard that i need to have sqlanywhere(server engine) to deploy my system as client-server system. If so, do i need to install sqlanywhere(server engine) into window NT or just normal pc(treat as server). For client-server system, do i need to install sqlanywhere server at server and sqlanywhere client as normal pc where my program is installed? Could someone tell me where...

Trouble sharing a dbclient ODBC connection between two processes on web server SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5
Hello, I am trying to tie a whole bunch of legacy components together with a new reporting engine and I've come across an interesting problem. I have a W2k Web server that is connecting to an NT4.0 SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5 database server via an ODBC dbclient connection. The web server is running classic ASP pages for the bulk of the web site, with a single ASP.net section for viewing reports. Everything works great and I can connect to the database as long as I have only one of the connections active - either the ASP or ASP.net site. As soon as I try to connect both at ...

can sqlanywhere 7.0 server run on windows 2003 server ?
Dear sir, I am using sqlanywhere 7.0 server running on a Window NT server. I will upgrade the server to windows 2003 server in a few weeks. Are there any problem for the sqlanywhere 7.0 server running on that platform? Please advise. Thankyou Kelvin. See http://www.ianywhere.com/products/supported_platforms.html 7.04 is supported. -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 **************************************************************************** * Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer Edition and ...

Upgrading from sqlanywhere 5.5.04 to 9.0 studio question
Will this upgrade work and are there any known issues installing on Server2000 with terminal services? Having issues with old version on terminal server. It will only allow one connection at a time. Any help will be greatly appiciated. Thanks Mark Schroeder You won't solve the one connection issue by upgrading although I would encourage the update for other reasons. Can you describe the exact problem including any error messages and server and client settings. If you are running TS, you must think of each TS Client as a separate machine and as such you must run the ...

Problem Upgrading SQLAnywhere 5.5 Databases to ASA 6.0.1
I have a few small databases in SQLAnywhere 5.5 Since I don't have the driver or server available I wanted to convert them to ASA 6.0.1 However, the upgrade utility in Sybase Central 3.1.0 reports that the databases are not a valid ASA database file. Is this a bug or am I missing something here? ...

Unload Table differences between SQLAnywhere 5.5.05 and ASA 7.0.2
With version 5.5.05 Build #2787 the unload would recreate the file, with version 7.0.2.1402 it appears that the file that is unloaded to is appended to. I have included a stored procedure and a seties of calls to it. With 5.5.05 I get the desired output, a file with two lines in it. With version 7.0.2.1402 it appears that the file that is unloaded to is appended to. Is there an option that I can set for the unload command to not append to a file, but create a new file? if not exists (select 1 from SYSTABLE T where T.table_name = 'tblTempExport' ) th...

error 8001 Unable to connect SQLAnywhere 5.5.04 Server in PB7.0
Please help me with the following problem: SYMPTOM: Error message SqlState 08001 "Unable to connect to database server; unable to start database engine" GOALS: Connect to 16-bit server database from Powerbuilder 7.0 development environment. Connect to 16-bit text driver from Powerbuilder 7.0 development environment. Connect to same datasources in production enviroment. ENVIRONMENT: 1. Working on Windows NT. 2. Powerbuilder 5.0 and 7.0 installed on PC. 3. Using ODBC interface to database. SITUATION: 1. Tried to connect to SQLAnywhere 5.5.04 server (16-bit). 2...

ASA6 or SQLAnywhere 5.5 on Netware 5.0?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------E6256398D09B1293B9B2E246 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Does anyone know if either ASA6.0 or SQLAnywhere 5.5x will run on Netware 5.0? I've asked Sybase several times (in the past 3 month period) and I still haven't received an answer. TIA, Bernard Mikowski --------------E6256398D09B1293B9B2E246 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Bernard Mikowski Content-Di...

Migration from SQLAnywhere 8.0.0 to 8.0.2
Hi, We are planning to migrate one application from 8.0.0 to 8.0.2 which uses SQL Remote for replication. So, can we install two different versions of SQL Anywhere Studio i.e. 8.0.0 and 8.0.2 on the same machine? If not, then what are the migration issues, if any. Do I need to make changes in my existing code which interact with database? What is the overall effect of migration on SQL Remote stuff? Pointers most welcome. Thanks in advance. Pankaj Gupta Yes you can install 8.0.0 and 8.0.2 on the same machine. You do have to explicitly specify path information for the s...

SQLAnywhere 5.0.02 server hang
Hi all, We are running a 650MB database on SQLAnywhere 5.0, patch level 2 (ODBC) and have experienced some strange anomalies: After some time of activity, the server hangs and the clients lose connection with the database one by one. By running the NT performance monitor, we've noticed that the CPU is running at 100% as the only process. Swicthing on all SQLAnywhere counters available in the same performance monitor, it seems that they're all stable and level. There's no reason that the server should be out of memory either, as it's loaded up with 128MB and ...

Web resources about - Upgrade SqlAnywhere Server 5.0 auf SqlAnywhere 7.0 - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere