Upgrade SQL Anywhere 5.0 to SQL Anywhere 9.0 - Scripts to prevent DB Errors?

Does anyone know of any scripts that can be used to prevent
DB errors when upgrading a V5.0 database to a V9.0
environment?
0
fd1smith

What error messages are you receiving?

<fd1smith> wrote in message news:3f7839bd.7f74.846930886@sybase.com...
> Does anyone know of any scripts that can be used to prevent
> DB errors when upgrading a V5.0 database to a V9.0
> environment?

0
Kimberly

FATAL ERROR: ERROR 0 while starting database SQL Anywhere Server 5.5.0.4
hi, after some disk problems, one of my databases won't start and after "Starting checkpoint" and before "Finished checkpoint" produce dialog box with folowing error: FATAL ERROR: Error 0. database consist of 3 files: db1.db - 1MB - contains table definitions, procedures db2.db - 1,3GB (DBSPACE) contains tables datas + indexes db3.db - 3,4GB (DBSPACE) contains tables datas + indexes no LOG file accidently one of a tables in db2.db has(had) 2,8 milion rows <-- can this be a problem ?, three days ago everything was running fine ==========...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere Studio 6.0
Is the upgrade from 5.5.05 to Studio 6.0 a simple incremental upgrade? Can I complete this upgrade without code changes? It depends on the code. Sorry to be vague but that's the truth. It is described in great detail in the Help for ASA 6... ===== ASA New Features and Upgrading Guide CHAPTER 6. Upgrading From SQL Anywhere to Adaptive Server Anywhere This chapter describes upgrade procedures for users of SQL Anywhere Versions 5.0 and 5.5, and users of Watcom SQL 4.0. ===== Most ordinary SQL commands (SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE) will NOT have to be changed at al...

Moving from SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to SQL Anywhere 8.0
Dear Sirs/user group, We would like to upgrade the sybase SQL Anywhere from version 5.5.05 database to version 8. I am told that the table names we currently use and maybe the procedures and triggers names are too long; 28 and 16 characters respectively. That is the maximum name length allowed in version 8? If I upgrade and SQL 8 shortens the table names, will the procedures be updated to reflect the changes of the table names? Or will I have to do all the changes manually, going through each procedure with a fine tooth comb? Thanks in advance, Oded Szpiro oded@travelca...

Problem since installing SQL Anywhere Studio
hello, now i have a problem with the plug-ins for ASA and Mobilink, if i want to register the plug-in for any of this two ASA and Mobilink i got a message telling me to upgrade Sybase central to ver. 4.3.. i installed the EBF in the same directory where Sql Anywhere Studio ver 9.0.0 were installed, but now, i don=b4t get why i=b4m having a problem with the path of t his plug-ins how can i solve this problem? Thanks If you check the short-cut in your start menu to run Sybase Central, does it point to the Sybase Central 4.2 or Sybase Central 4.3 directory? If it's still p...

How to open .DB and .LOG files from version 5.0 using version 9.0.1 SQL Anywhere
How to open the .DB and .LOG files generated using version 5.0 SQL Anywhere on newer version 9.0.1 SQL Anywhere? vthakkar wrote: > How to open the .DB and .LOG files generated using version > 5.0 SQL Anywhere on newer version 9.0.1 SQL Anywhere? In the ASA 9.x online documentation, see the section: What's New in SQL Anywhere Studio Upgrading Version 5 Applications Understanding version 5 upgrades - When to upgrade your database or see http://tinyurl.com/6ukmz (a shortcut to docs on ianywhere.com) Hope this helps, greg.fenton -- Greg Fenton C...

Replication between SQL Server 11.0.2 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3
Does anyone know if exists some document with the details on Replication between Sybase SQL Server 11.0.2 and SQL Anywhere 5.5.0.3 using Replication Server 11.0.3. I�m having some troubles with this configuration and I�m wondering if I�m doing something wrong. Thanks in advance. ...

SQL Anywhere 5.0 upgraded by ASA 6.0?, ASA 6.0 on Linux???
What is ASA? Is the newest version of Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0? Can I directly upgrade a Database from SQL Anywhere 5.0 (windows NT) to ASA 6.0 or 7.0? Then, what is the database engine for Linux? or ASA 6.0 or 7.0 is multiplatform? Please, any help, I don't understand. P.S.: My SQL Anywhere 5.0 is boundled with DataEase Plus 2.77 conected via ODBC, will run with ASA on any platform? > What is ASA? Adaptive Server Anywhere. IE enchanced & considerably improved versions of old SQL Anywhere > Is the newest version of Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0? No. Last versio...

SQL Anywhere 5.0 and SQL Server 11.0
Hi, we have the folowing problem in my company. There is a SYBASE version 11.0.3 installation by one of our customers. My company which is a producing financial software would like to install there Sybase SQL Anywhere (version 5.5.00) as database for our programs. Is it possible to have these two databases on one server (Netware or Windows NT) ? It is an important case for us. Jakub Yes you can run those two together. Just to push the limit I ran SQL Anywhere, MS SQL Server and Sybase SQL Server all at the same time on my NT Server at home. No complaints from any of the...

Help upgrading x64 SQL Anywhere 9.0.x to 9.0.2
Looking at the sybase downloads for all months for windows x64, it's not clear how to get from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2. I see one to get to 9.0.1 but not to 9.0.2. TIA, Bob Disregard, Reading the readme identified what I have as 9.0.2 already. Bob "Bob" <rpr_AT_techassist_DOT_com> wrote in message news:47d598d2$1@forums-1-dub... > Looking at the sybase downloads for all months for windows x64, it's not > clear how to get from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2. I see one to get to 9.0.1 but not > to 9.0.2. > > TIA, > > Bob > > ...

upgrading/migrating from SQL Anywhere 5.5 to version 9.0
I am in the process of upgrading our application which currently uses Sybase SQL ANywhere 5.5. Eventhough version 9.0 is the latest version, we want to make sure of which version to upgrade to in case there are any issues with going all the way to version 9.0 at this point: 1) Is it possible to safely go from version 5.5 to version 9.0 directly? I have been doing alot of research online and can only find documentation on migration issues when converting from version 5.5 to version 7.0. I can't find ANYTHING on converting from 7.0 to 9.0 or 5.5 to 9.0 for that matter. Are t...

Upgrading from SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 to Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0.2
We are running SQLA5505 and now want to upgrade to ASA702. For we have several stored procedures that we were not able to unload and reload, we thought of doing the upgrading process slowly, step by step: 1st, running the old database file under dbeng7.exe, 2nd, upgrading the old database file to level 7, 3rd, reloading the database file to complete level 7 features. But at this point, there startet a discussion, what features we can use in what level, so my question is: What features of Sybase 7 can we use, if we do that stepts? What can we do with no uprading, what needs an upgrade,...

Triggers in SQL Anywhere 5.5.0 and PowerBuilder 5.0.03
Hi: I'm trying to get a series of triggers working, but am having lots of difficulties. Initially, the following trigger did not update the 'product' table on an insert. create trigger ti_inventory after insert on inventory referencing new as new_inventory for each row begin update product set product.current_in_stock = product.current_in_stock + new_inventory.qty_new + new_inventory.qty_used_excl + new_inventory.qty_used_good + new_inventory.qty_used_poor where product.product_code = new_inventory.product_code end; I tried to put other commands into the t...

help on updating database sql anywhere 5.0 to sql adaptive server 7.0
If anyone knows how to update db to adaptive server 7.0 You have two choices : 1) Run dbunload against your v5.0 database to generate a reload.sql and a series of .dat files that contain the data in the tables. You can use either the v7 dbunload or the v5 dbunload (unless the database participates in a replication, in which case the v7 dbunload should be used). Now, at v7, initialize a new database, and run dbisqlc to read the reload.sql file. This will re-create all the schema that existed in the old database and re-load all the data. You can discard the reload.sql and .dat file...

SQL Anywhere 5.5.0 Error..???
Hi.. I'm using SQL Anywhere 5.5.0 as my database. When I'm using Ms-Access 2.0 to connect to database as client, the Access gave me an error like this : " ODBC Specification Conformance Error (-7751). This error should be reported to the ODBC driver vendor" My Ms-Access run on Win95, and the client is for Win 3.11 because Ms-Access use 16 bit ODBC. Any ideas about this error, because if I use client for Win95 in Foxpro, PB etc.. it did'nt gave me nothing. TIA. Eka Putra Jakarta-Indonesia ...

How to upgrade my SQL anywhere 5.0 (16 users) to 5.5 ?
I use the SQL anywhere 5.0 for 16 concurrent users, How to upgrade to the version 5.5 I have in PB 6.5 ? Which files should I copy to the old SQL directory ? Thanks for help. -- Best regards, Ridwan Goldbase Technology Visit our Homepage : http://www.geocities.com/Wallstreet/Floor/5251/index.html http://members.tripod.com/goldbase http://members.xoom.com/goldbase http://www.ibi.co.id/goldbase/ * Check out the Y2K (Year 2000 Problems - Millenium Bugs) New product : The Kuan To' Blade (on shopping site) http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/Floor/5251/sho...

Web resources about - Upgrade SQL Anywhere 5.0 to SQL Anywhere 9.0 - Scripts to prevent DB Errors? - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Oh, by the way: The San Bernardino jihadi got a visa to enter the U.S. by providing a fake address
A fine end to a fine week for federal law enforcement. Someone, either the NSA or the FBI , obviously dropped the ball on sniffing these two ...

Scott Weiland's Bandmate Arrested for Cocaine Possession
Scott Weiland and the Wildabouts bassist Tommy Black has been arrested for cocaine possession following the death of lead singer Scott Weiland ...

Did The ‘Star Wars’ Prequels Reveal ‘The Force Awakens’ Villain Ten Years Ago?
With less than two weeks to go until the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens , fans are either clamoring for every detail they can glean ...

Cruz hits back at Rubio in surveillance fight
Sen. Ted Cruz’s presidential campaign hit back at Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) on Friday, in an escalating fight over the nation’s intelligence ...

Another month of solid U.S. hiring clears way for Fed hike
The U.S. economy generated another month of solid hiring in November, making it highly likely that the Federal Reserve will raise interest rates ...

Samsung to pay Apple $548 mn in lengthy patent case
Samsung has agreed to pay smartphone rival Apple just over $548 million in a years-long patent battle in federal court in California.

What Planned Parenthood means to different women
Christian Science Monitor What Planned Parenthood means to different women Christian Science Monitor To some women, the nation's top abortion ...

Adele's 25 is going to set another record with its second-week sales
Adele's been smashing sales records left and right with the success of her new LP 25. The album's second week of availability is almost finished, ...

Net neutrality fans and broadband backers clash in court
Both sides in the fight over net neutrality said they're confident they'll win over a federal appeals court that's hearing legal challenges to ...

Congressional candidate arms her family with guns in annual Christmas card photo
WASHINGTON — Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore — a vocal gun rights advocate — posted an image of her family's Christmas card earlier this week, ...