upgrade 9.0.0 to 9.0.1

Ok , I give up, Im at a loss as to why Im having the problems upgrading. I
took a clean install of 9.0.0 and ran the upgrade script to go from 9.0.0 to
9.0.1 , I then take the lastest ebf to upgrad 9.0.1 to 9.0.1.1912. Once this
is done if I try and create a database I get the following error:

[Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to start database
server

 Error code=-80

 SQL state=08001



Connection parameters:

 User=DBA

 Password=***

 ENG=asdfa

 START=dbeng9 -c 10M -gp 2048

 DBN=utility_db


I have also tried these same steps on another machine and have even worse
problems, I would get errors during the upgrade when It was trying to do
writing out binary licencing information.

If anyone could explain what magical steps are needed to do this upgrade I
would greatfully appreciate it.

thanks
scott


0
ms
9/18/2004 2:42:01 AM
sybase.sqlanywhere.general 32637 articles. 4 followers. Follow

7 Replies
979 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 28

ms wrote:
> Ok , I give up, Im at a loss as to why Im having the problems upgrading. I
> took a clean install of 9.0.0 and ran the upgrade script to go from 9.0.0 to
> 9.0.1 , I then take the lastest ebf to upgrad 9.0.1 to 9.0.1.1912. Once this
> is done if I try and create a database I get the following error:
> 
> [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to start database
> server
> 

What is the command-line you are using to try to connect?

You might consider adding ";LOG=c:\mylog.txt" to your connection string 
(or into the DSN) and try the command again.  When if fails, look at the 
file "c:\mylog.txt" to see what the client is seeing.

You might also want to see what is happening on the engine.  So add "-o 
c:\console.txt" to the START and after the failure look to see if there 
are any relevant messages in "c:\console.txt"

If you aren't sure what the log files are telling you, feel free to post 
them so we can take a look.


> I have also tried these same steps on another machine and have even worse
> problems, I would get errors during the upgrade when It was trying to do
> writing out binary licencing information.
> 

Can you provide details on the platform you are installing to that is 
failing?
Is this an upgrade or a complete install step that is failing?
What is the exact error message displayed?

greg.fenton
-- 
Greg Fenton
Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
--------
Visit the iAnywhere Solutions Developer Community
Whitepapers, TechDocs, Downloads
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/
0
Greg
9/18/2004 4:39:51 AM
Well, after I rebooted everything seemed to start working, so I thought I
would be brave and try and upgrade to the newest ebf from the sybase
website, once I did that I was getting the following error trying to create
a database, NOTE: Im not sure how to change the settings since when I say im
creating the database , I mean Im going into sybase central and going into
tools and clicking on the create database option, that goes into a wizard to
create the database. I First start out with a clean copy of version 9.0.0
and try using the create database tool and it works fine. I then upgrade
that to 9.0.1  that I get from the website and once I reboot the create
dabase tool in sybase central seems to work ok. I then get the latest ebf
from the sybase website, reboot , and I now the the following error when I
try using the create dabase tool(Note: I cant seem to do any kind of
database admin things anymore, like creating tables or views and such, its
like Im now running the runtime engine now, Is there any issues with the
current ebf,  this is error I now get:

[Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Permission denied: you do not
have permission to execute a statement of this type

 Error code=-121

 SQL state=42000



Connection parameters:

 User=DBA

 Password=***

 ENG=asdfa

 START=dbeng9 -c 10M -gp 2048

 DBN=utility_db

scott

"Greg Fenton" <greg.fenton_NOSPAM_@ianywhere.com> wrote in message
news:414bbc17@forums-1-dub...
> ms wrote:
> > Ok , I give up, Im at a loss as to why Im having the problems upgrading.
I
> > took a clean install of 9.0.0 and ran the upgrade script to go from
9.0.0 to
> > 9.0.1 , I then take the lastest ebf to upgrad 9.0.1 to 9.0.1.1912. Once
this
> > is done if I try and create a database I get the following error:
> >
> > [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to start database
> > server
> >
>
> What is the command-line you are using to try to connect?
>
> You might consider adding ";LOG=c:\mylog.txt" to your connection string
> (or into the DSN) and try the command again.  When if fails, look at the
> file "c:\mylog.txt" to see what the client is seeing.
>
> You might also want to see what is happening on the engine.  So add "-o
> c:\console.txt" to the START and after the failure look to see if there
> are any relevant messages in "c:\console.txt"
>
> If you aren't sure what the log files are telling you, feel free to post
> them so we can take a look.
>
>
> > I have also tried these same steps on another machine and have even
worse
> > problems, I would get errors during the upgrade when It was trying to do
> > writing out binary licencing information.
> >
>
> Can you provide details on the platform you are installing to that is
> failing?
> Is this an upgrade or a complete install step that is failing?
> What is the exact error message displayed?
>
> greg.fenton
> -- 
> Greg Fenton
> Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
> --------
> Visit the iAnywhere Solutions Developer Community
> Whitepapers, TechDocs, Downloads
> http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/


0
ms
9/19/2004 3:18:41 AM
Well after more testing this is what I have found out:
going from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 works ok.
going from 9.0.1 to ebf 1862 works ok.
going form 9.0.1ebf 1862 to ebf 1883 works ok.
going from 9.0.1ebf1883 to ebf 1889 works ok.
going from 9.0.1ebf1889 to ebf 1912 doesnt work, this is giving me the
permission denied errors. I kind of looks like ebf 1912 has some issues.

scott
"ms" <sf@home.com> wrote in message news:414cfa91$1@forums-1-dub...
> Well, after I rebooted everything seemed to start working, so I thought I
> would be brave and try and upgrade to the newest ebf from the sybase
> website, once I did that I was getting the following error trying to
create
> a database, NOTE: Im not sure how to change the settings since when I say
im
> creating the database , I mean Im going into sybase central and going into
> tools and clicking on the create database option, that goes into a wizard
to
> create the database. I First start out with a clean copy of version 9.0.0
> and try using the create database tool and it works fine. I then upgrade
> that to 9.0.1  that I get from the website and once I reboot the create
> dabase tool in sybase central seems to work ok. I then get the latest ebf
> from the sybase website, reboot , and I now the the following error when I
> try using the create dabase tool(Note: I cant seem to do any kind of
> database admin things anymore, like creating tables or views and such, its
> like Im now running the runtime engine now, Is there any issues with the
> current ebf,  this is error I now get:
>
> [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Permission denied: you do
not
> have permission to execute a statement of this type
>
>  Error code=-121
>
>  SQL state=42000
>
>
>
> Connection parameters:
>
>  User=DBA
>
>  Password=***
>
>  ENG=asdfa
>
>  START=dbeng9 -c 10M -gp 2048
>
>  DBN=utility_db
>
> scott
>
> "Greg Fenton" <greg.fenton_NOSPAM_@ianywhere.com> wrote in message
> news:414bbc17@forums-1-dub...
> > ms wrote:
> > > Ok , I give up, Im at a loss as to why Im having the problems
upgrading.
> I
> > > took a clean install of 9.0.0 and ran the upgrade script to go from
> 9.0.0 to
> > > 9.0.1 , I then take the lastest ebf to upgrad 9.0.1 to 9.0.1.1912.
Once
> this
> > > is done if I try and create a database I get the following error:
> > >
> > > [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to start
database
> > > server
> > >
> >
> > What is the command-line you are using to try to connect?
> >
> > You might consider adding ";LOG=c:\mylog.txt" to your connection string
> > (or into the DSN) and try the command again.  When if fails, look at the
> > file "c:\mylog.txt" to see what the client is seeing.
> >
> > You might also want to see what is happening on the engine.  So add "-o
> > c:\console.txt" to the START and after the failure look to see if there
> > are any relevant messages in "c:\console.txt"
> >
> > If you aren't sure what the log files are telling you, feel free to post
> > them so we can take a look.
> >
> >
> > > I have also tried these same steps on another machine and have even
> worse
> > > problems, I would get errors during the upgrade when It was trying to
do
> > > writing out binary licencing information.
> > >
> >
> > Can you provide details on the platform you are installing to that is
> > failing?
> > Is this an upgrade or a complete install step that is failing?
> > What is the exact error message displayed?
> >
> > greg.fenton
> > -- 
> > Greg Fenton
> > Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
> > --------
> > Visit the iAnywhere Solutions Developer Community
> > Whitepapers, TechDocs, Downloads
> > http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/
>
>


0
ms
9/19/2004 4:48:03 AM
ok , now Im starting to get a little miffed.EBF 1883 seems to work to allow
me to create a database but now I cant seem to do anything as simple as
create a table. When I try and create a table and save it I get an
authentication error. Im not sure but am I just missing the boat with asa9?

scott
"ms" <sf@home.com> wrote in message news:414d0f83$1@forums-1-dub...
> Well after more testing this is what I have found out:
> going from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 works ok.
> going from 9.0.1 to ebf 1862 works ok.
> going form 9.0.1ebf 1862 to ebf 1883 works ok.
> going from 9.0.1ebf1883 to ebf 1889 works ok.
> going from 9.0.1ebf1889 to ebf 1912 doesnt work, this is giving me the
> permission denied errors. I kind of looks like ebf 1912 has some issues.
>
> scott
> "ms" <sf@home.com> wrote in message news:414cfa91$1@forums-1-dub...
> > Well, after I rebooted everything seemed to start working, so I thought
I
> > would be brave and try and upgrade to the newest ebf from the sybase
> > website, once I did that I was getting the following error trying to
> create
> > a database, NOTE: Im not sure how to change the settings since when I
say
> im
> > creating the database , I mean Im going into sybase central and going
into
> > tools and clicking on the create database option, that goes into a
wizard
> to
> > create the database. I First start out with a clean copy of version
9.0.0
> > and try using the create database tool and it works fine. I then upgrade
> > that to 9.0.1  that I get from the website and once I reboot the create
> > dabase tool in sybase central seems to work ok. I then get the latest
ebf
> > from the sybase website, reboot , and I now the the following error when
I
> > try using the create dabase tool(Note: I cant seem to do any kind of
> > database admin things anymore, like creating tables or views and such,
its
> > like Im now running the runtime engine now, Is there any issues with the
> > current ebf,  this is error I now get:
> >
> > [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Permission denied: you do
> not
> > have permission to execute a statement of this type
> >
> >  Error code=-121
> >
> >  SQL state=42000
> >
> >
> >
> > Connection parameters:
> >
> >  User=DBA
> >
> >  Password=***
> >
> >  ENG=asdfa
> >
> >  START=dbeng9 -c 10M -gp 2048
> >
> >  DBN=utility_db
> >
> > scott
> >
> > "Greg Fenton" <greg.fenton_NOSPAM_@ianywhere.com> wrote in message
> > news:414bbc17@forums-1-dub...
> > > ms wrote:
> > > > Ok , I give up, Im at a loss as to why Im having the problems
> upgrading.
> > I
> > > > took a clean install of 9.0.0 and ran the upgrade script to go from
> > 9.0.0 to
> > > > 9.0.1 , I then take the lastest ebf to upgrad 9.0.1 to 9.0.1.1912.
> Once
> > this
> > > > is done if I try and create a database I get the following error:
> > > >
> > > > [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to start
> database
> > > > server
> > > >
> > >
> > > What is the command-line you are using to try to connect?
> > >
> > > You might consider adding ";LOG=c:\mylog.txt" to your connection
string
> > > (or into the DSN) and try the command again.  When if fails, look at
the
> > > file "c:\mylog.txt" to see what the client is seeing.
> > >
> > > You might also want to see what is happening on the engine.  So add
"-o
> > > c:\console.txt" to the START and after the failure look to see if
there
> > > are any relevant messages in "c:\console.txt"
> > >
> > > If you aren't sure what the log files are telling you, feel free to
post
> > > them so we can take a look.
> > >
> > >
> > > > I have also tried these same steps on another machine and have even
> > worse
> > > > problems, I would get errors during the upgrade when It was trying
to
> do
> > > > writing out binary licencing information.
> > > >
> > >
> > > Can you provide details on the platform you are installing to that is
> > > failing?
> > > Is this an upgrade or a complete install step that is failing?
> > > What is the exact error message displayed?
> > >
> > > greg.fenton
> > > -- 
> > > Greg Fenton
> > > Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
> > > --------
> > > Visit the iAnywhere Solutions Developer Community
> > > Whitepapers, TechDocs, Downloads
> > > http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/
> >
> >
>
>


0
ms
9/19/2004 10:34:44 PM
ms wrote:
> ok , now Im starting to get a little miffed.EBF 1883 seems to work to allow
> me to create a database but now I cant seem to do anything as simple as
> create a table. When I try and create a table and save it I get an
> authentication error. 


I hate to say it, but this sounds like some kind of configuration issue 
either with your machine,  your installation, or with the way in which 
you are trying to use 9.x.

Did you try adding the "LOG" connection parameter I suggested in my 
previous post?  What is the contents of the log file?

Did you try adding the "-o" engine parameter I suggested?  You might 
also try adding the "-z" and/or "-zr all -zo c:\request.txt" parameters 
to your engine.


Personally, if I were in your shoes I'd be trying to reproduce this 
problem using command-line tools and DBISQL.  That eliminates the layer 
which Sybase Central puts between you and the database engine.  If that 
works, then you have an SC config issue.  If it doesn't then there is 
something else completely amiss.

So here are some steps you might try:

1. Create a new database:
      dbinit test.db

2. Connect with DBISQL:
      dbisql -c "uid=dba;pwd=sql;dbf=test.db"

2a. Ensure you can get a list from a system table:

      SELECT * FROM SYS.SYSTABLE;

2b. Create a new table:

      CREATE TABLE dba.my_table( id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT );

2c. Insert data to the new table:

      INSERT INTO dba.my_table VALUES ( DEFAULT );
      INSERT INTO dba.my_table VALUES ( DEFAULT );
      INSERT INTO dba.my_table VALUES ( DEFAULT );
      COMMIT;

2d. View the data you just entered:

      SELECT * FROM dba.my_table;


If all that works, then you need to look at doing similar steps with 
Sybase Central and identify at which point the failure occurs.  Again, 
I'd be looking to use the LOG connection parameter and the -o engine 
parameter.  The log files created by these will help you track down 
connection and/or permissions problems.

Hope this helps,
greg.fenton
-- 
Greg Fenton
Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
--------
Visit the iAnywhere Solutions Developer Community
Whitepapers, TechDocs, Downloads
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/
0
Greg
9/20/2004 2:03:27 PM
The "permission denied" problem when creating a database has been fixed in
build 1915, which is not yet available. Until an EBF containing this fix has
been made available, you can do the following:
    - create the database using the DBINIT command line utility
    - when connecting to the database server from Sybase Central, use
jConnect rather than the iAnywhere JDBC driver (see the Advanced tab in the
Connect dialog)

Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
Developer Community at http://www.ianywhere.com/developer

"ms" <sf@home.com> wrote in message news:414d0f83$1@forums-1-dub...
> Well after more testing this is what I have found out:
> going from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 works ok.
> going from 9.0.1 to ebf 1862 works ok.
> going form 9.0.1ebf 1862 to ebf 1883 works ok.
> going from 9.0.1ebf1883 to ebf 1889 works ok.
> going from 9.0.1ebf1889 to ebf 1912 doesnt work, this is giving me the
> permission denied errors. I kind of looks like ebf 1912 has some issues.
>
> scott
> "ms" <sf@home.com> wrote in message news:414cfa91$1@forums-1-dub...
> > Well, after I rebooted everything seemed to start working, so I thought
I
> > would be brave and try and upgrade to the newest ebf from the sybase
> > website, once I did that I was getting the following error trying to
> create
> > a database, NOTE: Im not sure how to change the settings since when I
say
> im
> > creating the database , I mean Im going into sybase central and going
into
> > tools and clicking on the create database option, that goes into a
wizard
> to
> > create the database. I First start out with a clean copy of version
9.0.0
> > and try using the create database tool and it works fine. I then upgrade
> > that to 9.0.1  that I get from the website and once I reboot the create
> > dabase tool in sybase central seems to work ok. I then get the latest
ebf
> > from the sybase website, reboot , and I now the the following error when
I
> > try using the create dabase tool(Note: I cant seem to do any kind of
> > database admin things anymore, like creating tables or views and such,
its
> > like Im now running the runtime engine now, Is there any issues with the
> > current ebf,  this is error I now get:
> >
> > [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Permission denied: you do
> not
> > have permission to execute a statement of this type
> >
> >  Error code=-121
> >
> >  SQL state=42000
> >
> >
> >
> > Connection parameters:
> >
> >  User=DBA
> >
> >  Password=***
> >
> >  ENG=asdfa
> >
> >  START=dbeng9 -c 10M -gp 2048
> >
> >  DBN=utility_db
> >
> > scott
> >
> > "Greg Fenton" <greg.fenton_NOSPAM_@ianywhere.com> wrote in message
> > news:414bbc17@forums-1-dub...
> > > ms wrote:
> > > > Ok , I give up, Im at a loss as to why Im having the problems
> upgrading.
> > I
> > > > took a clean install of 9.0.0 and ran the upgrade script to go from
> > 9.0.0 to
> > > > 9.0.1 , I then take the lastest ebf to upgrad 9.0.1 to 9.0.1.1912.
> Once
> > this
> > > > is done if I try and create a database I get the following error:
> > > >
> > > > [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to start
> database
> > > > server
> > > >
> > >
> > > What is the command-line you are using to try to connect?
> > >
> > > You might consider adding ";LOG=c:\mylog.txt" to your connection
string
> > > (or into the DSN) and try the command again.  When if fails, look at
the
> > > file "c:\mylog.txt" to see what the client is seeing.
> > >
> > > You might also want to see what is happening on the engine.  So add
"-o
> > > c:\console.txt" to the START and after the failure look to see if
there
> > > are any relevant messages in "c:\console.txt"
> > >
> > > If you aren't sure what the log files are telling you, feel free to
post
> > > them so we can take a look.
> > >
> > >
> > > > I have also tried these same steps on another machine and have even
> > worse
> > > > problems, I would get errors during the upgrade when It was trying
to
> do
> > > > writing out binary licencing information.
> > > >
> > >
> > > Can you provide details on the platform you are installing to that is
> > > failing?
> > > Is this an upgrade or a complete install step that is failing?
> > > What is the exact error message displayed?
> > >
> > > greg.fenton
> > > -- 
> > > Greg Fenton
> > > Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
> > > --------
> > > Visit the iAnywhere Solutions Developer Community
> > > Whitepapers, TechDocs, Downloads
> > > http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/
> >
> >
>
>


0
Bruce
9/20/2004 2:31:51 PM
thanks, Ill stick with ebf 1899 until 1915 comes out then.

scott
"Bruce Hay" <h_a_y@i~a~n~y~w~h~e~r~e.com> wrote in message
news:414eeba3$1@forums-2-dub...
> The "permission denied" problem when creating a database has been fixed in
> build 1915, which is not yet available. Until an EBF containing this fix
has
> been made available, you can do the following:
>     - create the database using the DBINIT command line utility
>     - when connecting to the database server from Sybase Central, use
> jConnect rather than the iAnywhere JDBC driver (see the Advanced tab in
the
> Connect dialog)
>
> Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
> Developer Community at http://www.ianywhere.com/developer
>
> "ms" <sf@home.com> wrote in message news:414d0f83$1@forums-1-dub...
> > Well after more testing this is what I have found out:
> > going from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 works ok.
> > going from 9.0.1 to ebf 1862 works ok.
> > going form 9.0.1ebf 1862 to ebf 1883 works ok.
> > going from 9.0.1ebf1883 to ebf 1889 works ok.
> > going from 9.0.1ebf1889 to ebf 1912 doesnt work, this is giving me the
> > permission denied errors. I kind of looks like ebf 1912 has some issues.
> >
> > scott
> > "ms" <sf@home.com> wrote in message news:414cfa91$1@forums-1-dub...
> > > Well, after I rebooted everything seemed to start working, so I
thought
> I
> > > would be brave and try and upgrade to the newest ebf from the sybase
> > > website, once I did that I was getting the following error trying to
> > create
> > > a database, NOTE: Im not sure how to change the settings since when I
> say
> > im
> > > creating the database , I mean Im going into sybase central and going
> into
> > > tools and clicking on the create database option, that goes into a
> wizard
> > to
> > > create the database. I First start out with a clean copy of version
> 9.0.0
> > > and try using the create database tool and it works fine. I then
upgrade
> > > that to 9.0.1  that I get from the website and once I reboot the
create
> > > dabase tool in sybase central seems to work ok. I then get the latest
> ebf
> > > from the sybase website, reboot , and I now the the following error
when
> I
> > > try using the create dabase tool(Note: I cant seem to do any kind of
> > > database admin things anymore, like creating tables or views and such,
> its
> > > like Im now running the runtime engine now, Is there any issues with
the
> > > current ebf,  this is error I now get:
> > >
> > > [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Permission denied: you
do
> > not
> > > have permission to execute a statement of this type
> > >
> > >  Error code=-121
> > >
> > >  SQL state=42000
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Connection parameters:
> > >
> > >  User=DBA
> > >
> > >  Password=***
> > >
> > >  ENG=asdfa
> > >
> > >  START=dbeng9 -c 10M -gp 2048
> > >
> > >  DBN=utility_db
> > >
> > > scott
> > >
> > > "Greg Fenton" <greg.fenton_NOSPAM_@ianywhere.com> wrote in message
> > > news:414bbc17@forums-1-dub...
> > > > ms wrote:
> > > > > Ok , I give up, Im at a loss as to why Im having the problems
> > upgrading.
> > > I
> > > > > took a clean install of 9.0.0 and ran the upgrade script to go
from
> > > 9.0.0 to
> > > > > 9.0.1 , I then take the lastest ebf to upgrad 9.0.1 to 9.0.1.1912.
> > Once
> > > this
> > > > > is done if I try and create a database I get the following error:
> > > > >
> > > > > [Sybase][ODBC Driver][Adaptive Server Anywhere]Unable to start
> > database
> > > > > server
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > What is the command-line you are using to try to connect?
> > > >
> > > > You might consider adding ";LOG=c:\mylog.txt" to your connection
> string
> > > > (or into the DSN) and try the command again.  When if fails, look at
> the
> > > > file "c:\mylog.txt" to see what the client is seeing.
> > > >
> > > > You might also want to see what is happening on the engine.  So add
> "-o
> > > > c:\console.txt" to the START and after the failure look to see if
> there
> > > > are any relevant messages in "c:\console.txt"
> > > >
> > > > If you aren't sure what the log files are telling you, feel free to
> post
> > > > them so we can take a look.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > I have also tried these same steps on another machine and have
even
> > > worse
> > > > > problems, I would get errors during the upgrade when It was trying
> to
> > do
> > > > > writing out binary licencing information.
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > Can you provide details on the platform you are installing to that
is
> > > > failing?
> > > > Is this an upgrade or a complete install step that is failing?
> > > > What is the exact error message displayed?
> > > >
> > > > greg.fenton
> > > > -- 
> > > > Greg Fenton
> > > > Consultant, Solution Services, iAnywhere Solutions
> > > > --------
> > > > Visit the iAnywhere Solutions Developer Community
> > > > Whitepapers, TechDocs, Downloads
> > > > http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


0
ms
9/22/2004 2:25:17 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
Hi, i am new with Sybase, so any help is welcome. I have SQL Anyware Studio v.9.0.0 installed and it works, but I need a Lithuanian Collation (it is announced to be available in 9.0.1), so I applied a patch from 9.0.0. to 9.0.1. After this upgrade (and after ALL other available EBFs sequentialy) I cannot connect to my database (Sybase Central loads correctly). Here is a message after I try to load a db using Tools\Connection profiles\Connect... +-----------------+ | Stack Trace | ...

9.0.0, 9.0.1, 9.0.2
My shop is moving to PB9 and is about to deploy with 9.0.0 build 5507. How stable is this runtime environment? I assume 9.0.1 and 9.0.2 are better, but that isn't always the case. I'd like to convince folks here that going out with a .0 release is a bit risky, but I haven't found any issues with 9.0.0 yet that require us to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2. Should I feel comfortable that 9.0.0 is fine, or are there solid reasons to go with 9.0.1 or 9.0.2 that I haven't found yet? I'd go with the 9.0.1 release - the latest EBF. I haven't personally taken 9.0.2 for ...

Upgrading 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
Hi, We're looking to upgrade the following setup to ASA/Mobilink 9.0.1: ASE 12.5.2 cons under RedHat AS3 ASA 9.0.0.1252 remotes under Windows Mobile 2003 Mobilink 9.0.0.1252 under RedHatAS3 I've read through the 9.0.1 upgrade documention: What's New in SQL Anywhere Studio --Upading Software and Databases ----Upgrading MobiLink Some things are still unclear to me: 1. When upgrading from 9.0.0 to 9.0.1, must we upgrade the ASA database files? The documentation seems to indicate that this is required when coming from older versions only. Question 2 in a s...

Upgrading from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2
We are planning to upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2. The documentation states that we just need to run dbupgrad and then archive the transaction log and start a new one if we do some replication. Is it as easy as this? I can just rename the transaction log and then delete it. Could you share your experience if you have done this already? We are concerned that we will have problems with synchronization when we do this upgrade. Rey Valera wrote in news:45b896ef.3028.1681692777@sybase.com of sybase.public.sqlanywhere.mobilink: RV> We are planning to upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2. ...

Swedish Firefox 0.9, 0.9.1, 0.9.2
Hi, PLEASE NOTE: The Swedish l10n page has moved to http://www.mozilla.se/ This has been previously posted on this list and to mlp-staff, with no reply or update of the mlp status pages. Thus, i repeat: Please update your links! The Swedish (sv-SE) l10n group has releasted language packs and localized builds for Windows and Linux of the Firefox 0.9 versions. Due to the security issues, Windows version prior to 0.9.2 have been removed. These language packs are considered stable and tested. Firefox 0.9.2 pack: http://www.mozilla.se/paket/firefox-0.9.2-svSE.xpi Firefox 0....

Upgrading 9.0.0 to 9.0.1
Hi, We're looking to upgrade the following setup to ASA/Mobilink 9.0.1: ASE 12.5.2 cons under RedHat AS3 ASA 9.0.0.1252 remotes under Windows Mobile 2003 Mobilink 9.0.0.1252 under RedHatAS3 I've read through the 9.0.1 upgrade documention: What's New in SQL Anywhere Studio --Upading Software and Databases ----Upgrading MobiLink Some things are still unclear to me: 2. After having upgraded our ASE cons via the provided sql script, must we run only 9.0.1 Mobilink servers against it? To facilitate the rollout, we considering running the original 9.0.0 Mobili...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 Security & Stability Updates
As part of Mozilla Corporation�s ongoing stability and security update process, Firefox 1.5.0.9, Firefox 2.0.0.1 and Thunderbird 1.5.0.9 are now available for Windows, Mac, and Linux for free download from getfirefox.com (http://www.getfirefox.com) & getthunderbird.com (http://www.getthunderbird.com). We strongly recommend that all Firefox users upgrade to this latest release. This update is available immediately in 41 languages including Spanish, Japanese, Arabic, Hungarian and more. Note: Firefox 1.5.0.x will be maintained with security and stability updates until Apr...

Issue with Upgrade from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2
I was wondering if you can help me with this issue that we experienced when we upgraded one of the ASA database that we are synchronizing from 9.0.0 to 9.0.2. The name of the database file is core5.db and the log is core5.log. After I ran the dbupgrad utility, I copied the core5.log file to the same folder and named it core51.log then I deleted the core5.log file. I got this error message in the attached log when I tried to synchronize. I. 01/31 10:32:54. Begin synchronizing 'ScopePub' for MobiLink user 'user1' I. 01/31 10:32:55. Log scan starting at offset 00004...

Upgrade from 9.0.1 to 9.0.2
I'm currently up to SQL Anywhere 9.0.1.2085. I want to get to the latest release since I'm playing with Mobilink right now but I can't seem to be able to upgrade to the latest EBF of 9.0.2 from 9.0.1. The iAnywhere update website states: "There are no updates to iAnywhere's SQL Anywhere 9.0.1.2085, for WIN32 at this time." I can see one more EBF for 9.0.1 on Sybase' EBF web site. Does this require purchasing an upgrade to 9.0.2? Thanks in advance, Bob Bob wrote: > > Does this require purchasing an upgrade to 9.0.2? > ...

Upgrade 9.0.1 to 9.0.2
Using 9.0.1 developer's edition, is there any way to upgrade to 9.0.2, or do we need to uninstall 9.0.1 and install 9.0.2? Thanks Wayne MRs can be applied to EVAL and Developer editions. Maintenance releases (MR) and EBFs can be found at 1. Go to http://downloads.sybase.com 2. Logon to mySybase 3. From the product families list, select SQL Anywhere Studio 4. Locate desired MR or EBF. NOTE: 1) You may need to expand the Timeframe dropdown and click GO! to locate older MRs and EBFs. 2) EBFs can only be applied to the appropriate MR. If the EBF is for a later MR...

Mobilink Upgrade 9.0.0 to 10.0.0
I'm Using: ASA 9.0.0.1402 and Mobilink 9.0.0.1402 Upgrading to 10.0.0.2465 There is a very confusing read me in this folder: \Sql Anywhere 10\Mobilink\Upgrade\9.0.0\readme.txt Do I apply this file (upgrade_asa.sql) before or after I unload and reload or not at all? Can anyone help? Mike You should follow the suggestions from the documentation section SQL Anywhere� 10 - Changes and Upgrading Upgrading to SQL Anywhere 10 Upgrading MobiLink Upgrading your consolidated database . . . To upgrade a cons...

Maintenance Release(64-bit), Upgrade of 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 Bad CRC check sum on archive?
I am trying to download with patch, and when unpuking i see error bad CRC checksum ? Why ? asamaint9linux_ia64.tar.gz 05/03/2004 53035258 Maintenance Release(64-bit), Upgrade of 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 Egorov Roman wrote: > I am trying to download with patch, and when unpuking i see error bad CRC > checksum ? > Why ? What command are you running when you see those errors? How did you download the file? Did you transfer it in "binary" mode? Which version of Linux are you using? I just downloaded the above file from downloads.sybase.com and successfully e...

Problem since installing SQL Anywhere Studio
hello, now i have a problem with the plug-ins for ASA and Mobilink, if i want to register the plug-in for any of this two ASA and Mobilink i got a message telling me to upgrade Sybase central to ver. 4.3.. i installed the EBF in the same directory where Sql Anywhere Studio ver 9.0.0 were installed, but now, i don=b4t get why i=b4m having a problem with the path of t his plug-ins how can i solve this problem? Thanks If you check the short-cut in your start menu to run Sybase Central, does it point to the Sybase Central 4.2 or Sybase Central 4.3 directory? If it's still p...

Web resources about - upgrade 9.0.0 to 9.0.1 - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Windows Anytime Upgrade - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Windows Anytime Upgrade (WAU) was an upgrade method offered by Microsoft and selected licensed resellers to users who intended to upgrade their ...


President Obama's Facebook Page Upgrades To Timeline
Yes, we can upgrade to timeline. U.S. President Barack Obama's Facebook page has the new layout.

Update on Android Ice Cream Sandwich upgrades
HTC has been working hard to get its Ice Cream Sandwich upgrades ready, and we’re excited to announce that our first round of ICS upgrades will ...

Four Reasons to Upgrade to the New Share Dialog for iOS
... as friend tagging and privacy controls. 2. A faster and more native sharing experience Pinterest and popular iOS game 4 Pics 1 Word upgraded ...

More Streams: Facebook to Upgrade App Directory, App About Pages Soon
Over 50,000 applications have been added to the Facebook application directory since it first launched two years ago, and Facebook says it’s ...

Search Twitter - upgrade
... here Search Refresh Laura Tobin @ Lauratobin1 2m The only way to get through today is chocolate, I'm going to start small with baby & upgrade ...

Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store on iTunes
Get Brain Upgrade - Improve Concentration and Relieve Stress! on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

upgrade - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
... Flickr. We noticed that you may be using an unsupported browser. All the basics will still work, but to get the most out of Flickr please upgrade ...

ModBook Upgrade by TechRestore - YouTube
http://www.techrestore.com/ - TechRestore Video - Here is the world's first Modbook upgrade video - TechRestore stop-motion style, of course! ...

Resources last updated: 1/11/2016 11:40:10 PM