Unload load DB

I am changing from SQLAnywhere 8.0.2 to 9.0!

Now i have the problem that my special german
characters will not displayed correctly in 9.0!
What do i wrong?

My Steps till now where:
1) I tried to open the 8.0.2 DB from Central.
2) Central asked me to unload the db load the database
    into 9.0 DB .

After that I special characters where not correct displayed!

Thanks
Ternek Christian

0
Christian

Christian Ternek wrote:
> I am changing from SQLAnywhere 8.0.2 to 9.0!
>
> Now i have the problem that my special german
> characters will not displayed correctly in 9.0!
> What do i wrong?
>
> My Steps till now where:
> 1) I tried to open the 8.0.2 DB from Central.
> 2) Central asked me to unload the db load the database
>     into 9.0 DB .
>
> After that I special characters where not correct displayed!
>
> Thanks
> Ternek Christian

Hello Christian,

In version 9.0, the SQLLOCALE environment variable is no longer
supported. The SQLLOCALE environment variable has been replaced by two
new environment variables, ASLANG and ASCHARSET.

The two new environment variables, ASLANG and ASCHARSET, control
languages used in interfaces (such as Sybase Central or Interactive SQL)
and messages. ASLANG specifies the language, and ASCHARSET specifies the
character set.

In your case, consider using the following:
ASLANG = DE
ASCHARSET = cp850

For more information see the following section in the on-line help:

    ASA Database Administration Guide
       International Languages and Character Sets
          International language and character set tasks
             Setting locales

HTH,

--
Tim McConnell
Certified ASA Developer Version 8

EBFs and Maintenance Releases
http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm

Developer Community / Whitepapers
http://www.ianywhere.com/developer

CaseXpress - to report bugs
http://casexpress.sybase.com

CodeXchange - Free samples
http://ianywhere.codexchange.sybase.com/servlets/ProjectDocumentList

0
Tim

Shrinking a DB and unload/load
I need an automated way of shrinking a DB in size. I need to delete old data from the database, then I've been using Sybase Central to Unload the database. Between the SQL statements the unloading, there are 49 manual steps. I'm new to Sybase and only touch it about once a year for maintenance. I'm familiar with other SQL databases. Typically I'm working with MSSQL or MySQL. The only thing I can think of is creating a stored procedure for the SQL end of it. Is it possible to call that procedure from a batch file? Also, can I use rebuild.bat in place of Syb...

DB rebuild (load/unload) issue
We are getting errors from dbunload utility. Some our views have a dependancy on custom functions. It seems that the dbunload process takes every object in the old db and creates it in the new db: it creates the tables, PK, indexes, etc. However it failes to create the views because functions those views are depended on don't exist in the database yet. What would be the best way to get it resolved? What version and build #? -- ----------------------------------------------- Robert Waywell Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Developer - Version 8 Sybase Certified Pro...

I have problem in loading a dump image into a smaller DB. The scenario is: I have sybase database (DB1) of data size 900M, log size 100M. I find 200M data and 50M log is large enough for the DB. So I want to create another database (DB2) of data size 200M and 50M with same structure and data content as DB1. I have no idea on the exact structure of DB1. Dump and load is good but it only works for the same data and log size. I would like to know any procedure/method safely create DB2 with exact image as DB1, e.g. structure, index, data content, transaction log, ALL thing in DB...

Name: Paul Email: paulatmantaworlddotcom Product: Minefield Summary: Loading...loading...loading... Comments: The Minefield Start Page is OK but every other tab I open is loading...loading...loading... I started with http://www.is4profit.com and noticed it seemed to have fully loaded but the "loading" icon in the tab is constantly running. I tried a more mainstream site and entered http://www.bbc.com and that too is suffering the same loading issue... Even my own website which I know when it has loaded http://www.mantaworld.com is having the same problem I...

Cant load SQLANYWHERE DB engine using TCPIP
I am trying to link to our SQL Anywhere 5.0 server using tcpip, but cannot bring the database server up in TCPIP. The server is running Netware 4.11. The TCPIP NLM is loaded. It is Novell TCP/IP Module (TCPN05.INW) version 4.01g March 11, 1998. The database version DBSRV50.NLM is 5.5.04 Build #1867. When I invoke the command load dbsrv50 data:envision\rv.db -x tcpip, I receive the following error: "Unable to initialize any communications links", no link can be established." I have no problems loading the database using ipx... In article <369D483F.26E6@...

Broken image when displaying images from DB loaded using asp.net:FileUpload control
I have an asp.net web app that I want to use to save images into my database and then displaying them using a webhandler where needed. Everything works fine, no errors but I get a broken image sign on display.For testing purposes, I created a WinForms app that loads the same file into the database using as much of the same code as I have in my web app. My web app displays the images loaded from the winforms application properly. I'm pretty sure that the code to write to database and display the picture are not problematic but I will post parts of them at the end FYI. After lots of resea...

load db load after bypass recovery
Server is 11.51 running on Solaris 2.6 Can I get an opinion...I had a corrupted log in my standby database that prevented any further tran dump loads and also stopped online recovery. We changed the status in sysdatabases to -32768 which bypasses recovery on server restart. The literature recommends (in the event the syslogs became full during a recovery) to bypass recovery in this manner and then do a shutdown with no wait and allow the server to recover. In our case its not syslogs but a corrupted page in the db (error 6902 is the message different timestamp). We started a l...

TinyMCE: Loading db content as soon as page loads...
I cannot access the moxie code wiki pages related to tinymce lately. I use the conventional pattern for loading content into any (general) editor: I set a hidden field with the content, and then at the set the editor content via page's onload event; the hiddenfield supplies the content. Heard of a cleanup_callback property of the tinymce editor. I get stack overflow error if I try to load content via this callback. Just want to know the correct way to load the content.  programming blog Hi deostroll, Loading Content in TinyMCE is very easy. U only need to set the value ...

How to load data into db in order using LOAD command
Hi, I want to load data in the order appearing in the data file into sybase ASA 7.0 using command LOAD. I have ten rows in the ascii formatd file and the order of the rows appeared in the db is not the same as in the ascii file after using "LOAD". I want the row order to be the same in db and ascii file. The order is very important for my business logic. I know INPUT has paramer BY ORDER. How about LOAD? Any parameter to control LOAD? Many thank. The order of the records in the database will depend on factors such as the size of the records and the availa...

How do I Check label value (loaded from db) of GridView before page loads?
Hi There, I have been looking in this forum and I can't find same problem. I hope someone knows how. I have a gridview with a lable in an ItemTemplate that the text value is filled from a database. I need to check this value before the page loads and create a hyperlink field in the same gridview to one of three pages based on this lable value. I have tried pageload, preload, gridview preinit & prerender, page init, page preinit, I can't seem to get past a nullreference exception in all of these cases. The db value loaded in the lable is allways a text st...

Load to db created 'for load' takes forever...
Hi folks I created 300mb db 'for load' and started loading. It takes already 5hr and accumulated some cpu time. No blocking processes of any kind. Cpu is between 20 and 65%. Backup log does not have any hint of load process being started. Kill is not removing this process. Process is 'sleeping'. Any thoughts? gene wrote: > Hi folks > I created 300mb db 'for load' and started loading. It takes > already 5hr and accumulated some cpu time. No blocking > processes of any kind. Cpu is between 20 and 65%. > Backup log does not have any hint of lo...

Unload for upgrading ASA9 DB to ASA 11 DB not working
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4c17cbdb Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I have a client that uses ASA. He now wants to migrate from ASA 9 to ASA 11 and from Windows XP to Windows 7. For that reason he has to unload/reload the ASA 9 database. In Sybase Central "Unload and reload into a new database" is choosen. While the unload works with the free developers edition, it does not work with the licensed workgroup edition (SQL Anywhere Network Server Version 11.0.1.2044, Workgroup editi...

What generals generally do

I am new to asp.net and vb.net. I took a semester of vb 6.0 in college but am havinig some trouble wiht the new .net stuff. I have made a simple asp.net page using vb.net. It's just a simple login screen with name and password. The problem I have is switching from the login screen to the next screen in my flow. In VB 6.0 I would just unload the current form and load the next one. Sum up of the problem ..... how do I load and unload "forms" in asp.netIf you don't live for something, you'll DIE for nothing!!!!!! Generally, you would use FormsAuthentication.RedirectFromL...

Web resources about - Unload load DB - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Facebook CAO Jas Athwal Unloads Some Shares
... its initial public offering tag of $38 per share Wednesday before closing at $36.80, will we start to see more of its top executives unload ...

Campaign to Unload (@Campaign2Unload) on Twitter

All sizes - Day 066/365 - Unload Seniors Here - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

UK press unload on Rabbitohs code-hopper Sam Burgess
The finger-pointing is underway after Sam Burgess ended his ill-fated stint in rugby union and decided to return to the NRL.

Zuckerberg unloads Facebook shares (00:54)
In a bid to pay of his taxes, Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is selling 41.4 million shares worth $2.61 billion.

Father unloads on police over drive-by shooting
An irate Canberra father says ACT Policing fell well short of the mark in its response to a drive-by shooting in Kambah.

Mitchell Starc returns as David Warner unloads in Indian Premier League
David Warner has continued his magnificent Indian Premier League form, blasting a superb 91 as his Sunrisers Hyderabad to a 16-run victory in ...

Waratahs captain Dave Dennis unloads on profligate side
The Waratahs are in danger of repeating the sins of last season if they do not sharpen up in attack quick smart.

Fevola unloads on Blues and Thomas
Appearing to still be bitter at his former club, Brendan Fevola has criticised Carlton for recruiting Dale Thomas, losing Eddie Betts and has ...