Unload .db into Tables

I have a product called Sharkware that I believe uses SQL Anywhere database
engine.  Pardon my lack of technical wording, we are a small sales office
using Sharkware as a contact manager.  Anyways, we would like to export all
of the data into tables from a shark.db file that we have been building on
for 12 years.  I have tried doing it in Excell and have not had any sucess.
 I have tried using the SQL Central in the Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0
directory, and I get to the point where it starts to unload, but cannoit
start the database engine.  I am doing this from a workstation as opposed
to the server that is running the .db  We have a NT4.0 network.  Sharkware
has been bought out by Maximizer and no longer supports the product, so I
am unable to contact them.

Are there any consultants or people inthe Milwaukee, WI area that perhaps
could take a look at my database and export this material into table for
us.  We are looking at products like ACT and Goldmine to replace Sharkware
and need to get the data into tables.

I can be reached at midweste@execpc.com or 262-893-3440

Thanks,

Scott
0
Scott_Kleinhans

Many db's / few tables vs. Few Db's / many tables
Our infrastructure group had a consultant come in for an eval. Currently, one development group who support many different groups create a database per group (sales, etc). The consultant said that this was inefficient, and that we should combine all of the databases into one database. The Infrastructure group now wants us to use one db for everything. Does anyone have any thoughts on the advantages / disadvantages of these approaches. It depends what "everything" is.  If you are mixing sales data, manufacturing data, security data, then I would still create a number of sma...

LOAD TABLE, UNLOAD TABLE
I can't use SQL commends SQL LOAD TABLE.., UNLOAD TABLE in scripts in PB. Are there any commands which work similiary, which I could use in PB script? Joanna You could do something like this: string ls_sql ls_sql = "LOAD TABLE table_name FROM 'file_name' DELIMITED BY delimiter;" Execute Immediate ls_sql; Hope this helps... -Kevin Joanna Owczarzak <jowcz@owl.au.poznan.pl> wrote in article <386A23AD.B3CC897E@owl.au.poznan.pl>... > I can't use SQL commends SQL LOAD TABLE.., UNLOAD TABLE in scripts in > PB. > Are there any...

Move large table from DB to DB
I have a table of approx 1/2 million rows. On a nightly basis, this table gets rebuilt in a temporary database. Once the table has been built and scrubbed, i need to move it into our webservers db. I'd like to do this with minimal interuption to the website. Possible techniques: 1) I could set up a DTS package to copy the table object overwriting the destination table 2) I could export to a flat file and then bulk import into the live table (after truncating it) 3) I could run a process to update smaller chunks of data at a time running delete queries and insert queries. ...

Unload Table differences between SQLAnywhere 5.5.05 and ASA 7.0.2
With version 5.5.05 Build #2787 the unload would recreate the file, with version 7.0.2.1402 it appears that the file that is unloaded to is appended to. I have included a stored procedure and a seties of calls to it. With 5.5.05 I get the desired output, a file with two lines in it. With version 7.0.2.1402 it appears that the file that is unloaded to is appended to. Is there an option that I can set for the unload command to not append to a file, but create a new file? if not exists (select 1 from SYSTABLE T where T.table_name = 'tblTempExport' ) th...

how to create a dw from other db (table) to the current db
I have 2 databases - one database has one application and the second database has other application. But the second application fetches the data from first application and displays in the datawindow, when i opened this datawindow sql it has the table from the first application (database). We are migrating the first application to Java platform but both are in the oracle database. My point is to use create the datawindow from the first application's (one table) when i am in the second application both are in the same server and the database are different. when i tried to create t...

Unload table names instead table numbers
Is it possible to change unload utilite syntax (reload.sql) from table number (internal table id) to real table name. May be special option may be added for this purpose. For example code INPUT INTO "DBA"."SOME_TABLE" FROM 'c:\\unload\\220.dat' FORMAT ASCII BY ORDER should be changed to INPUT INTO "DBA"."SOME_TABLE" FROM 'c:\\unload\\DBA_SOME_TABLE.dat' FORMAT ASCII BY ORDER It make upgrading and reloading database easer. Michael Klygin no_spam_michael.klygin@mtu-net.ru The problem with that is oft...

DB Design: One Table or Multiple Tables?
I am developing a Content management system of sorts and I want it to be pretty flexible. I have noticed that with web content (News, Articles, Events, FAQs) that there is a lot of similarity between these items. They all have the same basic fields: TitleSynopsisBodyStartDateEndDate (for News, Articles, FAQs start and end date can be used for content expiration. For events, they are used for the actual event dates.) But for some types of content, I will need fields specific to that type. For instance, I want to have a few custom settings for a "Photo Gallery" type, like, how many ro...

COPYING TABLES FROM TEST DB TO LIVE DB
Hi ya all, I had a really quick question. I have created a new table using Sybase Central and have populated it using INSERT statements via ISQL. Everything works beautifully! I originally created this table in our TEST DB. Is there an easy way for me to export or transport it to our LIVE DB without rebuilding the table in LIVE and repopulating the table in LIVE via the INSERT statements? I guess what I'm trying to ask is that once a table has been created in a TEST DB is there some fancy export command which will copy its data type, columns, and values to the LIVE DB? Could you ge...

What is difference between aspnet_User db table and aspnet_Membership table?
Hello:In the default db created by using SqlExpress Roles/Management/Profiles providers, I see an aspnet_Membership and aspnet_Users table. It appears that the aspnet_Membership table has the columns needed to authenticate a user (username+password).What is the aspnet_Users table for?Thank you!PS: Are the id's used the same across both tables? Sorry -- my mistake/oversight while rushing....I see that they are two halves of a whole...Although I still don't see any benefits from separating them into two tables yet...Any suggestions as to why? Off-the-cuff, the aspnet_use...

Combine tables from previous db to new db (uhh...?)
I'm wanting to migrate an existing customer's database into a new products db. The previous contractor used seperate tables for each product type, where I chose to use one "products" table. My challenge has been that the previous db uses attributes that aren't common across all products. Would it be best to do a products_attribute table? If so, how would I query the previous products db and seperate the information during an insert between "product A" and "product A attributes"? Sample existing table: ID, Name, Price, Weight, Attr1, Attr2, Attr3, Attr4,...

Copy data from table in one DB to another DB
Hello all. From within a PB8 application I am trying to copy a select number of rows from an ASA8 database table to a SQL Server 2000 database table. I am having some difficulty with this since: 1. The table name is not known at the time the application is compiled. (without going into lots of detail, I can say that temporary tables are created in the ASA8 database and the SQL Server database by the user, using another product) The source and destination tables are structuraly identical. 2. The source table always has a Long Binary column in i...

Save table from Excel to Ms SQL2005 DB Table
 Hi, i have a excel file with 2 columns:"value A", "value B"  with about 30000 records, is it possible to pass this values (all records of a column) in to a table column of a DB namually?i found on the web that this can be done programmability with ADO.net and SqlBulkCopy:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.sqlclient.sqlbulkcopy.aspx and here:http://davidhayden.com/blog/dave/archive/2006/05/31/2976.aspx  But is this possible to do by hand? I mean like just copy entire column on excel and past it on the table, without copy every record o...

The OLE DB provider "MSDAORA" for linked server "...." does not contain the table "COUNTRY". The table either does not exist or the current user does not have permissions on that table.
I am using SQL Server 2005 and trying to create a linked server on Oracle 10. I used the commands below: EXEC sp_addlinkedserver @server = 'test1', @srvproduct = 'Oracle', @provider = 'MSDAORA', @datasrc = 'testsource' exec sp_addlinkedsrvlogin @rmtsrvname = 'test1', @useself = 'false', @rmtuser='sp', @rmtpassword='sp'   When I execute select * from test1...COUNTRY I get the error. "The OLE DB provider "MSDAORA" for linked server "...." does not contain the table "COUNTRY". The table either does not exist or the current user does not have permissions on that table." The ...

UNLOAD TABLE
Hi, When I try to UNLOAD a table, I am getting "The user dba has rows locked on Table .." error. How can I avaoid this error. Thanks Arvind If it is your own connection that is causing the problem then make sure you COMMIT any outstanding transactions. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX In article <MPG.11c9cbd0cf6a87b5989d3e@forums.sybase.com>, jegan@dyn- data.com says... > If it is your own connection that is causing the problem then make sure > you COMMIT any outstanding transactions. &g...

Web resources about - Unload .db into Tables - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Interpublic Group Unloads The Rest Of Its Stake In Facebook
... in 2006 for a stake in Facebook. After selling about one-half of that stake to an undisclosed buyer in August 2011, for $133 million, IPG unloaded ...

Campaign to Unload (@Campaign2Unload) on Twitter

All sizes - Day 066/365 - Unload Seniors Here - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

UK press unload on Rabbitohs code-hopper Sam Burgess
The finger-pointing is underway after Sam Burgess ended his ill-fated stint in rugby union and decided to return to the NRL.

Zuckerberg unloads Facebook shares (00:54)
In a bid to pay of his taxes, Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is selling 41.4 million shares worth $2.61 billion.

Father unloads on police over drive-by shooting
An irate Canberra father says ACT Policing fell well short of the mark in its response to a drive-by shooting in Kambah.

Mitchell Starc returns as David Warner unloads in Indian Premier League
David Warner has continued his magnificent Indian Premier League form, blasting a superb 91 as his Sunrisers Hyderabad to a 16-run victory in ...

Waratahs captain Dave Dennis unloads on profligate side
The Waratahs are in danger of repeating the sins of last season if they do not sharpen up in attack quick smart.

Roy Keane unloads on Arsenal - 'obsessed with selfies and six-packs'
Former Manchester United midfielder launches withering attack on Wenger's side - and takes a shot at Man City too