Unload db failed

9.0.2.3228.
I've done this before successfully, but I'm getting an error and failing
when attempting to uload my db into a new one:

I'm unloading into a new database, unloading structure and data, exclude
java refs. The error message:

Writing QAnywhere message data
Writing option settings
***** SQL error: Cannot access file 'custom.sql' -- No such file or
directory
The database 'mobilevet' could not be unloaded.

I get this same error using sy central or the command line:
>dbunload -c "uid=DBA;pwd=sql;dbf=c:\temp\orig.db" -an c:\temp\new.db

I can't find the file custom.sql in the Sybase or Windows folder. I did a
full install of the 3228 ebf.

An unload to file works.

Tim

0
Tim

It is unable to find the %asany9%\scripts directory. Does that directory
   exist?

--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer
Edition =and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded
and small to medium sized business environments for free!

http://www.ianywhere.com/promos/deved/index.html

iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use Case Express to report bugs http://case-express.sybase.com

Chris
1/9/2006 3:23:24 PM
C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 9\scripts does exist, but no custom.sql
in it.

*
> Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer
> Edition =and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded
> and small to medium sized business environments for free!
>
> http://www.ianywhere.com/promos/deved/index.html

*

> iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com
>
> ** Please only post to the newsgroup
>
> ** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
> ** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
> ** Use Case Express to report bugs http://case-express.sybase.com

*

0
Tim
1/9/2006 3:31:07 PM
That is a default file for an ASA install. Perhaps it was deleted. And
the question that raises is what other files are missing in that
directory that you may need at sometime if not currently.

You may want to consider a clean reinstall of ASA to ensure that no
other files are missing.
--

Chris Keating
Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer
Edition =and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded
and small to medium sized business environments for free!

http://www.ianywhere.com/promos/deved/index.html

iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com

** Please only post to the newsgroup

** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
** Use Case Express to report bugs http://case-express.sybase.com

Chris
1/9/2006 3:41:20 PM
Yeah, once you pointed out that scripts folder I did just that and restored
the missing files. Now it completes. Thanks!
Tim

> That is a default file for an ASA install. Perhaps it was deleted. And
> the question that raises is what other files are missing in that
> directory that you may need at sometime if not currently.
>
> You may want to consider a clean reinstall of ASA to ensure that no
> other files are missing.
> --
>
> Chris Keating
> Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8

*
> Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer
> Edition =and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded
> and small to medium sized business environments for free!
>
> http://www.ianywhere.com/promos/deved/index.html

*

> iAnywhere Solutions  http://www.iAnywhere.com
>
> ** Please only post to the newsgroup
>
> ** Whitepapers can be found at http://www.iAnywhere.com/developer
> ** EBFs can be found at http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
> ** Use Case Express to report bugs http://case-express.sybase.com

*

0
Tim

upgrade from 2.18 to 2.2 fails with DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'bug_status' already exists at Bugzilla/DB.pm line 502 & more
Tried this with the full package and via CVS...same error both ways. ./checksetup.pl Checking perl modules ... Checking for AppConfig (v1.52) ok: found v1.56 Checking for CGI (v2.93) ok: found v3.05 Checking for Data::Dumper (any) ok: found v2.121 Checking for Date::Format (v2.21) ok: found v2.22 Checking for DBI (v1.38) ok: found v1.48 Checking for File::Spec (v0.84) ok: found v0.87 Checking for File::Temp (any) ok: found v0.14 Checking for Template (v2.08) ok: found v2.13 Checking for Text::Wrap (v2...

Re: upgrade from 2.18 to 2.2 fails with DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'bug_status' already exists at Bugzilla/DB.pm line 502 & more
Uh oh seg fault: ../checksetup.pl Checking perl modules ... Checking for AppConfig (v1.52) ok: found v1.56 Checking for CGI (v2.93) ok: found v3.05 Checking for Data::Dumper (any) ok: found v2.121 Checking for Date::Format (v2.21) ok: found v2.22 Checking for DBI (v1.38) ok: found v1.48 Checking for File::Spec (v0.84) ok: found v0.87 Checking for File::Temp (any) ok: found v0.14 Checking for Template (v2.08) ok: found v2.13 Checking for Text::Wrap (v2001.0131) ok: found v2001.09291 Checking for Mail:...

Initial queries to Oracle DB failing after DB restart
I'm getting an error when querying the database using Appeon connection caches after my initial connection after a database startup. If I restart/refresh my web app, I can query with no problems thereafter, until the next time the database is restarted. I'm using an Oracle 10g database; the error is ORA-3113 End-of-file on communication channel. My connection caches are defined correctly and test with no error in AEM (and work correctly at any time other than the first time after a restart). So I'm certain my connections are defined correctly. I use several different co...

[ID 20010522.005] ptkdb fails with no DB::DB
This is a bug report for perl from jarausch@igpm.rwth-aachen.de, generated with the help of perlbug 1.33 running under perl v5.7.1. ----------------------------------------------------------------- [Please enter your report here] Running perl -d:ptkdb -e 1 with Devel-ptkdb-1.1074 (which worked earlier) with Tk800.023 on bleeding perl under Linux or IRIX gives No DB::DB routine defined at /usr/LOCAL/lib/perl5/5.7.1/Devel/ptkdb.pm line 98. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/LOCAL/lib/perl5/5.7.1/Devel/ptkdb.pm line 98. Compilation failed in require. Is this a bug in p...

Rollback tran in primary DB when replicated DB failed?
Hi, is it possible to rollback a transaction at the primary database if the transaction failed at the replicate database? In the replicate database there are constraints that prevent deleting a row, in the primary database there are no constraints, but I don't want to delete this rows. We have ASE 11.9.2 and Repserver 11.5.1 on Solaris. Thanks, Martin No, you would have to create function string on the replication definition to catch and process the error. Martin Rother wrote: > Hi, > > is it possible to rollback a transaction at the primary database...

Unload for upgrading ASA9 DB to ASA 11 DB not working
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4c17cbdb Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I have a client that uses ASA. He now wants to migrate from ASA 9 to ASA 11 and from Windows XP to Windows 7. For that reason he has to unload/reload the ASA 9 database. In Sybase Central "Unload and reload into a new database" is choosen. While the unload works with the free developers edition, it does not work with the licensed workgroup edition (SQL Anywhere Network Server Version 11.0.1.2044, Workgroup editi...

Change of a SQLAnywhere-DB-Structure(old) to DB-Structure(new)
I have an application which runs at a customer with a SQLAnywhere-Database. Now my development went on; I have added new Tabels, added new Columns to old tables but I never delete any cloumns or tables. I am look for a tool or a peace of PB-Code which upgrades the structure of the old database to the new structure. Something which generates the "Alter Table/Add Table Upgarde-Script " out of the difference DB(new) - DB(old). Who can help me ? Kind Regards Joachim Wossmann jwp@nwk.de phone 0049 8191 32 08 61 fax 0049 8191 32 08 90 The...

checksetup.pl fails -> DBD::mysql::db do failed
Hello, while istalling bugzilla 2.22 on a gentoo system with MySQL 5.0.26 occurs the following problem. Is there anybody knowing what going wrong? Why access denied? All tables where created! Best regards, Andreas ------------------------------------------------------------------- bugzilla # ./checksetup.pl Checking perl modules ... Checking for AppConfig (v1.52) ok: found v1.56 Checking for CGI (v2.93) ok: found v3.15 Checking for Data::Dumper (any) ok: found v2.121_08 Checking for Date::Format (v2.21) ok: found v2.22 Checking for...

Failed Inserts at Remote DB sent up to Consolidated DB during sync.
we run ASA8.0.2.4339 we've got a scenario where we are dumping the contents of certain tables from the Consolidated database into text files of the format 'insert into table_name...'. we are then using the generic 'read' command at the remote to read the insert statements. we *expect* many of these to fail because the Remote database already contains those records, thus we have ON_ERROR = 'off'...the problem for us is that even when these inserts fail with a 'UNIQUE' (primary key) at the Remote database, it seems that upon its next synchronizat...

Change of a SQLAnywhere DB-Structure(old) to DB-Structure(new)
Hello, I want to change the old structure of a SQLAnywhere-DB to a new structure; I know, that i can do this in PB-Script with Embedded-SQL "Alter-Table-Statements"; but .... I don't know them I'm looking for a Tool/ PC-Code generates me these "Alter-Table-Statements" out of the difference of the two Databases (old -> new). No columns or Tabels will be deleted in the new Database; only columns and Tables will be added. Kind Regards Joachim Wossmann jwp@nwk.de phone 0049 8191 32 08 61 fax 0049 8191 32 08 90 ...

Update Fails to SQLAnywhere, but PB/ODBC/SQLAnywhere returns Success...
I recently dropped a reply in the SQLAnywhere Newsgroup regarding the question of "Death by Curly Brackets" and am not even sure the problem we're experiencing is related, BUT basically, if we have a variable in an SQLA table of type "char" and then declare an internal host variable in Powerbuilder 6.0, and execute an Insert or an Update against the table, PB and/or SQLA both return success, but the table DOES NOT get updated... here's futher details... Check out the ODBC dump below, is this a bug in PB, ODBC, SQLAnywhere or ALL of the above ANY HELP IS ...

What generals generally do

Upgrading from 3.0.6 to 4.2.1 failed, Converting table bugs... DBD::mysql::db do failed
Hi, I'm trying to upgrade my bugzilla from 3.0.6 to 4.2.1 During ./checksetup.pl I get: Checking for DBD-mysql (v4.001) ok: found v4.005 Checking for MySQL (v5.0.15) ok: found v5.0.77 Removing index 'longdescs_thetext_idx' from the longdescs table... Bugzilla now uses the InnoDB storage engine in MySQL for most tables. Converting tables to InnoDB: Converting table attach_data... done. Converting table attachments... done. Converting table bug_group_map... done. Converting table bug_severity... done. Converting table bug_status......

SQL statement failed: (-305) I/O error Fatal error: A disk read from file "SomeDatabase.db" failed with error code: (38)
SQL Anywhere 10.0.1.3831 E. 2009-09-11 21:55:41. SQL statement failed: (-305) I/O error Fatal error: A disk read from file "D:\FHMSL\iFHMS\Data\Feedlot111.db" failed with error code: (38) -- transaction rolled back E. 2009-09-11 21:55:41. Error while executing hook procedure sp_hook_dbmlsync_end. Received this error while running a proc during sync. Tried to validate the db in Sybase Central resulting in the same error. I saw the post at http://groups.google.com/group/sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general/browse_thread/thread/b5d958904160e576?fwc=1 and am wondering if th...

Web resources about - Unload db failed - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Facebook CAO Jas Athwal Unloads Some Shares
... its initial public offering tag of $38 per share Wednesday before closing at $36.80, will we start to see more of its top executives unload ...

Campaign to Unload (@Campaign2Unload) on Twitter

All sizes - Day 066/365 - Unload Seniors Here - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

UK press unload on Rabbitohs code-hopper Sam Burgess
The finger-pointing is underway after Sam Burgess ended his ill-fated stint in rugby union and decided to return to the NRL.

Zuckerberg unloads Facebook shares (00:54)
In a bid to pay of his taxes, Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is selling 41.4 million shares worth $2.61 billion.

Father unloads on police over drive-by shooting
An irate Canberra father says ACT Policing fell well short of the mark in its response to a drive-by shooting in Kambah.

Mitchell Starc returns as David Warner unloads in Indian Premier League
David Warner has continued his magnificent Indian Premier League form, blasting a superb 91 as his Sunrisers Hyderabad to a 16-run victory in ...

Waratahs captain Dave Dennis unloads on profligate side
The Waratahs are in danger of repeating the sins of last season if they do not sharpen up in attack quick smart.

Fevola unloads on Blues and Thomas
Appearing to still be bitter at his former club, Brendan Fevola has criticised Carlton for recruiting Dale Thomas, losing Eddie Betts and has ...