Unable to start database (ASA8-Create Database)

I'm working with ASA6,ASA7,ASA8 in the same PC.

No problem while new DB creation with ASA 6 and 7 in Sybase Central.

I'm getting "unable to start database" error message at the end of  ASA8
Sybase Central create db wizard.

I installed EBF 2285 for ASA 8.0.0 and it doesn't worked.
(I'm working with the dbinit on the command promt for now.My OS=Win 2000
Proffessional)

Oguz OZAN
Consultant
Sybase Turkey
ozan@sybase.com.tr

Unable to start Database Engine when Creating new Database
Have just installed SQL anywhere on Netware 4. Am trying to create a new database from my NT machine with Sybase Central. At the point of creating the database it says "Database not created" - "Unable to start Database Engine". I have connected to the sample database so it doesn't seem to be a network problem. Any suggestions would be very gratefully received by this beginner! Thanks Thomasina You cannot create a database using the multiuser engine on Netware. Create the database on your local machine with the standalone engine and then move...

-934: ERROR! Unable to start specified database: Server must be upgraded to start database C:\FUELTAX\DATABASE\PCFTAX.DB
Our program which uses runtime engine for version 9 is getting the following error -934: ERROR! Unable to start specified database: Server must be upgraded to start database. Does anyone know what might have happened. It was working fine for months and all of the sudden we are getting this error now. Thanks, Igor Vodo. This error is a result of the database server being at a lower version than the database file format. Something has changed in your environment. Do you have multiple installs of SQL Anywhere on your machine (for example ASA 9.0.1 and 9.0.2)? If s...

Unable to connect to database server: Unable to start database engine
I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this. However, here goes. I am using PB 7.0 I set up my database using the ODBC Data Source Administrator configuration for Adaptive Server Anywhere (System DSN). Then I created my profile. I tested the connection and it worked fine. Then I went to Jaguar Manager, created the Connection Cache using the database I just setup. I setup everything currectly including using the odbc32.dll (Driver Tab) I got this error when I pinged it: (error is taken from my aguar's srv.log file) May 24 10:06:32 2001: cm__odbc_error: ...

Creating new database (ASA Error -82:Unable to start specified database)- SQL Anywhere Studio v7.0
I reinstalled SQL Anywhere Studio 7.0 for the I don't know how manyith time and now I'm able to go into Sybase Central without error by starting the Network or Persnal Server Sample.... and I went into my properties and changed my TrueColor 32bit to TrueColor 24bit and I no longer have visual disturbances. Now when I follow the books that came along with Studio I'm unable to create a new database. I get "ASA Error -82:Unable to start specified database" and then I get +---------------------------------+ | Sybase Ce...

Database Painter Does not let me create SqlAnywhere Database
My PC was upgraded to Win NT 4.0 I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 When I open the database Painter I no longer have the option to create a SqlAnywhere database. The ODBC drivers are there and I can connect to existing SqlAnywhere databases. I did notice that I am not able to drop any tables from these dbs in the database painter. Any Info Appreciated. Bob Make sure that the file dbtl50t.dll exists in the sqlanywhere\win32 directory. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. Techwave 20002 www.sybase.com/techwave2002 Session E179 - Advanc...

Cant create new database / CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database master (error 262)
   I am using SQL express and Visual web developer on windows Vista. When I try to create a new database the following message appears.   CREATE DATABASE permission denied in database master (error 262) I log on to my computer as an administrator. Help appreciated  Prontonet       How do you login to sql server? Do you use sql authentication? If so, check the account you  login with has appropriate permissions. Or are you using windows authentication?----------------------------------------------Mark helpful posts as "Answer"Check...

ASA8 on Pocket PC unable to start database
On my Pocket PC (HP 5455) I just start dbsrv8 with no parameters, and I am prompted to browse for the database. The databse does not appear in the drop down or using the browse button looking for *.db I checked using the explorer and all of my .DB files are located in the curent directory. Why would I be unable to find the databse using the browse> - Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com) www.planetdx.com ...

Unable to start database server in SQLANYWHERE 11.
I am trying to create a new database in SQL ANYWHERE 11.0.1 and I am getting the following errors using the Create Database Wizard and I am getting the following errors: Unable to start database server [Sybase][ODBC Driver][SQL Anywhere]Unable to start database server Error code=-80 SQL state=08001 Any clue as to what might be causing this? ...

ASA8 on Pocket PC unable to start database #2
On my Pocket PC (HP 5455) I just start dbsrv8 with no parameters, and I am prompted to browse for the database. The databse does not appear in the drop down or using the browse button looking for *.db I checked using the explorer and all of my .DB files are located in the curent directory. Why would I be unable to find the databse using the browse> - Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com) www.planetdx.com Joe, You might want to consider posting this message to the sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general newsgroup as I think you might have better luck there since the qu...

I can't creating database when i using Creat database.
I get a fail meg. like SQL error (-143)- column '@database_version' not found. Yes i think the problem can be at i have installed an ebf.......... but is it ? regards christian I had the same problem. I accidentally had 6.02 and 5.xx on my machine. My system path was finding the 5.xx libraries first, but I was running Create Database from 6.02 Sybase Central. Once I deleted the 5.xx directory and cleaned up my path the problem went away. Hope that helps. Christian Jonasson <christian.jonasson@brightid.se> wrote in message news:Necypc6S$GA.98@forums.sybase....

Adding Create database user, Create database and Create Administrator UI Dialogs in Web Deployment Project
Hi guys,Are any of you adept at creating these UI dialogs for their web deployment projects? I need to be able to create a new user, create a new connectionstring, run a DB build script, and create an administrator account during the web deployment process.I must also be able to edit some settings with IIS.How do you go about doing these in VS2005 Web Deployment Projects? I know I can add new dialogs for the install process, but don't know what to do next.Thanks!http://dotnet.kapenilattex.com...

"SqlAnywhere (6.0)
I have recently installed SqlAnyWhere version 6.0 . Windows 95 platform.(IE 4.1 SP1) . When I try to create a new database I get the Message: " SQL error (-80) Unable to start database Engine . I'm unable to solve this problem - what should I do ? Check to make sure the ASA\Win32 directory is in the path. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX *********************************************************** Enterprise Applications in Your Future? JumpStar...

Services don't start automatically ("Database cannot be started -- I/O error" or "Database cannot be started -- No such file or directory")
My situation is: ..server: Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition SP2 ..database server : Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0.2.4372. Windows starts automatically 32 services ASA, one database in each service If I start each service in manual everything is ok. When I restart the server, four service (always four!!!) don't start correctly with two kind of error: "Database cannot be started -- I/O error" "Database cannot be started -- No such file or directory" The services that don't start are not the same. I tried many times and everytime the problem is on...

Unable to Start Database
All: We deployed a remote setup about a 3 weeks ago. Three people have had to have the databases replaced. They were getting a message "Unable to start database". The message on the standalone engine window is: Can't use log file "EISREM.LOG" since it has been used more recently than the database file Previous to this people were reporting that it was taking up to 4 minutes sometimes to connect to their database. It turned out that database recovery was running. We are not using Autostop. This allows subsequent launches of our corporate applic...

Web resources about - Unable to start database (ASA8-Create Database) - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

General Discussion :: Vainglory discussion on VaingloryFire
Vainglory strategy community. Join the top Vainglory community for, strategy, build guides, theory crafting and other Vainglory discussion.