Trouble sharing a dbclient ODBC connection between two processes on web server SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5

Hello,

I am trying to tie a whole bunch of legacy components together with a new
reporting engine and I've come across an interesting problem.  I have a W2k
Web server that is connecting to an NT4.0 SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5 database
server via an ODBC dbclient connection.

    The web server is running classic ASP pages for the bulk of the web
site, with a single ASP.net section for viewing reports.

    Everything works great and I can connect to the database as long as I
have only one of the connections active - either the ASP or ASP.net site.
As soon as I try to connect both at the same time, the site that tries to
connect second is unable to logon, with a message to the effect of:
"Logon failed. Details: 08001:[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to
database server: unable to start database engine"

    I am pretty confident that this is because the ASP connection launches
the dbclient as a process under the identity of IWAM_MachineName, while the
ASP.net site connects under the ASPNet identity.

    I have been pulling my hair out for several days trying to figure this
out and I think I'm close, but I can't figure out how to have these two
processes share the dbclient.

    Thanks for any suggestions,

    Nathan Schultz
    nschultz _ at_ nsavage.com

0
Nathan

Have you tried running dbclient as a service under local system?

--
Jason Hinsperger
Product Manager

"Nathan Schultz" <nschultz _ at_ nsavage.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to tie a whole bunch of legacy components together with a new
> reporting engine and I've come across an interesting problem.  I have a
W2k
> Web server that is connecting to an NT4.0 SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5 database
> server via an ODBC dbclient connection.
>
>     The web server is running classic ASP pages for the bulk of the web
> site, with a single ASP.net section for viewing reports.
>
>     Everything works great and I can connect to the database as long as I
> have only one of the connections active - either the ASP or ASP.net site.
> As soon as I try to connect both at the same time, the site that tries to
> connect second is unable to logon, with a message to the effect of:
> "Logon failed. Details: 08001:[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to
> database server: unable to start database engine"
>
>     I am pretty confident that this is because the ASP connection launches
> the dbclient as a process under the identity of IWAM_MachineName, while
the
> ASP.net site connects under the ASPNet identity.
>
>     I have been pulling my hair out for several days trying to figure this
> out and I think I'm close, but I can't figure out how to have these two
> processes share the dbclient.
>
>     Thanks for any suggestions,
>
>     Nathan Schultz
>     nschultz _ at_ nsavage.com

0
Jason
9/24/2004 10:43:09 AM
    I have tried running dbclient as a service with several different
identities.  Running it as a service through Sybase Central and the Local
System account, the ASP site connects (IWAM_MachineName), but the ASP.net
site (ASPNet) does not.  I have changed the identity running the service to
IWAM_MachineName, ASPNet, and I've also tried changing the identity of the
ASP.net site as well as the ASP site.  The Asp.net site (ASPNet identity)
only seems to work when there is no other version of dbclient running and it
launches dbclient through the ODBC command line which is:
dbclient.exe -c -x tcpip(DOBROADCAST=NO;HOST=x.x.x.x) SERVERNAME.

    The ASP site is a little more robust and will connect to the dbclient
running as a service under the local system identity.

    I am completely at a dead end.  I don't understand why I can't make the
client accessible to more than one process.

    Thanks for your response....

    Nathan

"Jason Hinsperger (iAnywhere)" <NOjason_hinspergerSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:4153fa3a$1@forums-2-dub...
> Have you tried running dbclient as a service under local system?
>
> --
> Jason Hinsperger
> Product Manager
> iAnywhere Solutions
> For the latest downloads technotes, whitepapers, webcasts and other
> developer
> resources, go to: http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/
>

> "Nathan Schultz" <nschultz _ at_ nsavage.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to tie a whole bunch of legacy components together with a
new
> > reporting engine and I've come across an interesting problem.  I have a
> W2k
> > Web server that is connecting to an NT4.0 SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5 database
> > server via an ODBC dbclient connection.
> >
> >     The web server is running classic ASP pages for the bulk of the web
> > site, with a single ASP.net section for viewing reports.
> >
> >     Everything works great and I can connect to the database as long as
> > have only one of the connections active - either the ASP or ASP.net
site.
> > As soon as I try to connect both at the same time, the site that tries
> > connect second is unable to logon, with a message to the effect of:
> > "Logon failed. Details: 08001:[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to
> > database server: unable to start database engine"
> >
> >     I am pretty confident that this is because the ASP connection
launches
> > the dbclient as a process under the identity of IWAM_MachineName, while
> the
> > ASP.net site connects under the ASPNet identity.
> >
> >     I have been pulling my hair out for several days trying to figure
this
> > out and I think I'm close, but I can't figure out how to have these two
> > processes share the dbclient.
> >
> >     Thanks for any suggestions,
> >
> >     Nathan Schultz
> >     nschultz _ at_ nsavage.com

0
Nathan
9/24/2004 3:08:08 PM
    I forgot to mention that I have also changed the application protection
to low in IIS.  No change....
    I have also tried changing the command line of dbclient by adding the -y
option.  This does not seem to make a difference as the client is running as
a service whether or not I explicitly start it as a service, or if it is
started through ODBC.

    -Nathan

> [...]
as
> > > have only one of the connections active - either the ASP or ASP.net
> site.
> > > As soon as I try to connect both at the same time, the site that tries
> > > connect second is unable to logon, with a message to the effect of:
> > > "Logon failed. Details: 08001:[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect
> > > database server: unable to start database engine"
> > >
> > >     I am pretty confident that this is because the ASP connection
> launches
> > > the dbclient as a process under the identity of IWAM_MachineName,
while
> > the
> > > ASP.net site connects under the ASPNet identity.
> > >
> > >     I have been pulling my hair out for several days trying to figure
> this
> > > out and I think I'm close, but I can't figure out how to have these

0
Nathan
9/24/2004 3:12:21 PM
I wouldn't think it's a dbclient issue...  "Unable to start database engine" usually means your connect string has a
problem.

Can you post the connect parameters that you're using?

--
Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

"Nathan Schultz" <nschultz _ at_ nsavage.com> wrote in message news:4153f73d$1@forums-2-dub...
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to tie a whole bunch of legacy components together with a new
> reporting engine and I've come across an interesting problem.  I have a W2k
> Web server that is connecting to an NT4.0 SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5 database
> server via an ODBC dbclient connection.
>
>     The web server is running classic ASP pages for the bulk of the web
> site, with a single ASP.net section for viewing reports.
>
>     Everything works great and I can connect to the database as long as I
> have only one of the connections active - either the ASP or ASP.net site.
> As soon as I try to connect both at the same time, the site that tries to
> connect second is unable to logon, with a message to the effect of:
> "Logon failed. Details: 08001:[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to
> database server: unable to start database engine"
>
>     I am pretty confident that this is because the ASP connection launches
> the dbclient as a process under the identity of IWAM_MachineName, while the
> ASP.net site connects under the ASPNet identity.
>
>     I have been pulling my hair out for several days trying to figure this
> out and I think I'm close, but I can't figure out how to have these two
> processes share the dbclient.
>
>     Thanks for any suggestions,
>
>     Nathan Schultz
>     nschultz _ at_ nsavage.com

0
Paul
9/24/2004 4:04:32 PM
Here is my ODBC startup:
C:\sybase\sqlany50\win32\dbclient.exe -c -x
tcpip{DOBROADCAST=NO;HOST=192.168.0.1} mti

    It doesn't seem to be the connection string, because without any
changes, each of these connections works fine as long as it "owns" the
dbclient.  They just are not capable of connecting to the dbclient if it has
already been connected by the other application.

    We are connecting in ASP by saying DSN=x in global.asa, and the same way
in asp.net.

    I don't care how elegant a solution is, as long as it works.  We need to
upgrade this database, but they are screaming for this functionality right
now.  If we could run two DSN's and have side-by-side clients, that would
work for now....

    Thanks for any ideas,

    Nathan Schultz

> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to tie a whole bunch of legacy components together with a
new
> > reporting engine and I've come across an interesting problem.  I have a
W2k
> > Web server that is connecting to an NT4.0 SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5 database
> > server via an ODBC dbclient connection.
> >
> >     The web server is running classic ASP pages for the bulk of the web
> > site, with a single ASP.net section for viewing reports.
> >
> >     Everything works great and I can connect to the database as long as
> > have only one of the connections active - either the ASP or ASP.net
site.
> > As soon as I try to connect both at the same time, the site that tries
> > connect second is unable to logon, with a message to the effect of:
> > "Logon failed. Details: 08001:[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to
> > database server: unable to start database engine"
> >
> >     I am pretty confident that this is because the ASP connection
launches
> > the dbclient as a process under the identity of IWAM_MachineName, while
the
> > ASP.net site connects under the ASPNet identity.
> >
> >     I have been pulling my hair out for several days trying to figure
this
> > out and I think I'm close, but I can't figure out how to have these two
> > processes share the dbclient.
> >
> >     Thanks for any suggestions,
> >
> >     Nathan Schultz
> >     nschultz _ at_ nsavage.com

0
Nathan
9/24/2004 4:31:01 PM
Don't know if this was a typo when entering the command into your
posting, but make sure you're using braces rather than parens:

dbclient.exe -c -x tcpip{DOBROADCAST=NO;HOST=x.x.x.x} SERVERNAME

5.x didn't support parens - they were added in 6.0.

Graeme Perrow
Senior Software Developer
gperrow@ianywhere.com
iAnywhere Solutions Inc.
A Sybase company

Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
Developer Community at http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/

Nathan Schultz wrote:
> [...]
>>>
>>>    Everything works great and I can connect to the database as long as

>>>have only one of the connections active - either the ASP or ASP.net
>
> site.
>
>>>As soon as I try to connect both at the same time, the site that tries

>>>connect second is unable to logon, with a message to the effect of:
>>>"Logon failed. Details: 08001:[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to
>>>database server: unable to start database engine"
>>>
>>>    I am pretty confident that this is because the ASP connection
>
> launches
>
>>>the dbclient as a process under the identity of IWAM_MachineName, while
>>
>>the
>>
>>>ASP.net site connects under the ASPNet identity.
>>>
>>>    I have been pulling my hair out for several days trying to figure
>
> this
>
>>>out and I think I'm close, but I can't figure out how to have these two

0
Graeme
9/24/2004 4:50:43 PM
"Nathan Schultz" <nschultz _ at_ nsavage.com> wrote in message news:41544bc5$1@forums-1-dub...
> Here is my ODBC startup:
> C:\sybase\sqlany50\win32\dbclient.exe -c -x
> tcpip{DOBROADCAST=NO;HOST=192.168.0.1} mti
>
>     It doesn't seem to be the connection string, because without any
> changes, each of these connections works fine as long as it "owns" the
> dbclient.  They just are not capable of connecting to the dbclient if it has
> already been connected by the other application.
>
>     We are connecting in ASP by saying DSN=x in global.asa, and the same way
> in asp.net.
>
>     I don't care how elegant a solution is, as long as it works.  We need to
> upgrade this database, but they are screaming for this functionality right
> now.  If we could run two DSN's and have side-by-side clients, that would
> work for now....
>
>     Thanks for any ideas,
>
>     Nathan Schultz

No - not the startup for the DBCLIENT, the CONNECTSTRING that actually performs the database connection...

How do you have your DSN setup?
On the database tab, you should have the Engine name in the "Server Name" parameter, and the database name in the
"Database Name" parameter.  "Database File" and "Start Line" should be blank.

We were on SA5.x for years, and could have as many connections as we wanted from a single client, so I know this works.

--
Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

0
Paul
9/24/2004 5:17:45 PM
Search this news group for the thread titled "ASA8 Proxy Table connection
problem" and "DBClient Connect Issue (Was: ASA8 Proxy Table connection
problem)". I had a similar problem where only one of two applications would
connect, and as I recall I fixed it by adding an option that enabled the
dbclient service to interact with the desktop.

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to tie a whole bunch of legacy components together with a new
> reporting engine and I've come across an interesting problem.  I have a
W2k
> Web server that is connecting to an NT4.0 SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5 database
> server via an ODBC dbclient connection.
>
>     The web server is running classic ASP pages for the bulk of the web
> site, with a single ASP.net section for viewing reports.
>
>     Everything works great and I can connect to the database as long as I
> have only one of the connections active - either the ASP or ASP.net site.
> As soon as I try to connect both at the same time, the site that tries to
> connect second is unable to logon, with a message to the effect of:
> "Logon failed. Details: 08001:[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to
> database server: unable to start database engine"
>
>     I am pretty confident that this is because the ASP connection launches
> the dbclient as a process under the identity of IWAM_MachineName, while
the
> ASP.net site connects under the ASPNet identity.
>
>     I have been pulling my hair out for several days trying to figure this
> out and I think I'm close, but I can't figure out how to have these two
> processes share the dbclient.
>
>     Thanks for any suggestions,
>
>     Nathan Schultz
>     nschultz _ at_ nsavage.com

0
Mark
9/24/2004 5:20:21 PM
Hi Paul,

    Thanks for your quick response.

    As I said in my last post, the connection string in our apps is simple:
DSN="mti".  If you run each app separately, it works fine.  Just when both
are running at the same time, the second app always tries to start up
another client and it just does not appear to "see" the client that is
already running.  Watching it in a process viewer, when we load up the
second app, a second version of dbclient pops up with a different identity,
and then goes away when it can't connect to the DB.

    Here is the ODBC setup we have (System DSN):
Data Source Name:mti
User ID:x
Password:***
Server Name:mti -- We've also tried <default> (blank)
Database Name:mti
Database Startup:
    Database File:blank
    Custom is selected
Additional Connection Options:  no translator being used, no boxes checked.

Startup Options:
Start Command:c:\sybase\sqlany50\win32\dbclient.exe (I've tried many
different options here)
Database Switches: blank
Agent: Client
Autostop DB Checked
Isolation Level: blank
Describe Cursor Behaviour: If Required

    I've run FileMon and RegMon to see if there are any access privilege
issues, but there are none and I'm completely stumped.

    Also noteworthy is that if you run the web app on the same machine as
the server (DBSRV50), there is no problem - both connect to the server just
fine.

> > Here is my ODBC startup:
> > C:\sybase\sqlany50\win32\dbclient.exe -c -x
> > tcpip{DOBROADCAST=NO;HOST=192.168.0.1} mti
> >
> >     It doesn't seem to be the connection string, because without any
> > changes, each of these connections works fine as long as it "owns" the
> > dbclient.  They just are not capable of connecting to the dbclient if it
has
> > already been connected by the other application.
> >
> >     We are connecting in ASP by saying DSN=x in global.asa, and the same
way
> > in asp.net.
> >
> >     I don't care how elegant a solution is, as long as it works.  We
need to
> > upgrade this database, but they are screaming for this functionality
right
> > now.  If we could run two DSN's and have side-by-side clients, that
would
> > work for now....
> >
> >     Thanks for any ideas,
> >
> >     Nathan Schultz
> >

> No - not the startup for the DBCLIENT, the CONNECTSTRING that actually
performs the database connection...

> How do you have your DSN setup?
> On the database tab, you should have the Engine name in the "Server Name"
parameter, and the database name in the
> "Database Name" parameter.  "Database File" and "Start Line" should be
blank.

> We were on SA5.x for years, and could have as many connections as we
wanted from a single client, so I know this works.

> --
> Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

0
Nathan
9/24/2004 5:35:11 PM
    Thanks for this lead Mark.

    Unfortunately, it did not solve our issue.  I believe it has something
to do with Win2000 server and SQL Anywhere.  I can get it running fine on
2003 server and I'm trying it on NT4 right now.  Exact same configuration,
permissions, and command lines, but for some reason, the dbclients don't
want to share.

    If anyone else has any other ideas to try, I would appreciate hearing
them.

    Thanks,

    Nathan
"Mark Hampton" <mhampton.removeme@datavantagecorp.com> wrote in message
> Search this news group for the thread titled "ASA8 Proxy Table connection
> problem" and "DBClient Connect Issue (Was: ASA8 Proxy Table connection
> problem)". I had a similar problem where only one of two applications
would
> connect, and as I recall I fixed it by adding an option that enabled the
> dbclient service to interact with the desktop.
>
> "Nathan Schultz" <nschultz _ at_ nsavage.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am trying to tie a whole bunch of legacy components together with a
new
> > reporting engine and I've come across an interesting problem.  I have a
> W2k
> > Web server that is connecting to an NT4.0 SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5 database
> > server via an ODBC dbclient connection.
> >
> >     The web server is running classic ASP pages for the bulk of the web
> > site, with a single ASP.net section for viewing reports.
> >
> >     Everything works great and I can connect to the database as long as
> > have only one of the connections active - either the ASP or ASP.net
site.
> > As soon as I try to connect both at the same time, the site that tries
> > connect second is unable to logon, with a message to the effect of:
> > "Logon failed. Details: 08001:[Sybase][ODBC Driver]Unable to connect to
> > database server: unable to start database engine"
> >
> >     I am pretty confident that this is because the ASP connection
launches
> > the dbclient as a process under the identity of IWAM_MachineName, while
> the
> > ASP.net site connects under the ASPNet identity.
> >
> >     I have been pulling my hair out for several days trying to figure
this
> > out and I think I'm close, but I can't figure out how to have these two
> > processes share the dbclient.
> >
> >     Thanks for any suggestions,
> >
> >     Nathan Schultz
> >     nschultz _ at_ nsavage.com

0
Nathan
9/27/2004 5:52:27 PM
Thanks, that was a typo on my post.  I should have just pasted it in, but
those computers don't have news access.

    This is a strange problem.  It works fine with identical setup in Win
2003 Server and NT4, but not 2000 server.

    Thanks again for your help.  It has been much appreciated, even though I
still can't figure this out.

    Nathan

"Graeme Perrow" <gperrowNO@SPAMianywhere.PLEASEcom> wrote in message

> Don't know if this was a typo when entering the command into your
> posting, but make sure you're using braces rather than parens:
>
> dbclient.exe -c -x tcpip{DOBROADCAST=NO;HOST=x.x.x.x} SERVERNAME
>
> 5.x didn't support parens - they were added in 6.0.
>
> Graeme Perrow
> Senior Software Developer
> gperrow@ianywhere.com
> iAnywhere Solutions Inc.
> A Sybase company
>
> Whitepapers, TechDocs, bug fixes are all available through the iAnywhere
> Developer Community at http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/
>

> Nathan Schultz wrote:
> >     I have tried running dbclient as a service with several different
> > identities.  Running it as a service through Sybase Central and the
Local
> > System account, the ASP site connects (IWAM_MachineName), but the
ASP.net
> > site (ASPNet) does not.  I have changed the identity running the service
> > IWAM_MachineName, ASPNet, and I've also tried changing the identity of
the
> > ASP.net site as well as the ASP site.  The Asp.net site (ASPNet
identity)
> > only seems to work when there is no other version of dbclient running
and it
> > launches dbclient through the ODBC command line which is:
> > dbclient.exe -c -x tcpip(DOBROADCAST=NO;HOST=x.x.x.x) SERVERNAME.
> >
> >     The ASP site is a little more robust and will connect to the
dbclient
> > running as a service under the local system identity.
> >
> >     I am completely at a dead end.  I don't understand why I can't make
the
> > client accessible to more than one process.
> >
> >     Thanks for your response....
> >
> >     Nathan
> >
> > "Jason Hinsperger (iAnywhere)" <NOjason_hinspergerSPAM@hotmail.com>
wrote in
> > message news:4153fa3a$1@forums-2-dub...
> >
> >>Have you tried running dbclient as a service under local system?
> >>
> >>--
> >>Jason Hinsperger
> >>Product Manager
> >>iAnywhere Solutions
> >>************************************************************
> >>For the latest downloads technotes, whitepapers, webcasts and other
> >>developer
> >>resources, go to: http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/
> >>************************************************************
> >>

> >>"Nathan Schultz" <nschultz _ at_ nsavage.com> wrote in message

> > new

> >>W2k

> > site.

> > launches

> >>the

> > this

0
Nathan

ASA6 or SQLAnywhere 5.5 on Netware 5.0?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------E6256398D09B1293B9B2E246 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Does anyone know if either ASA6.0 or SQLAnywhere 5.5x will run on Netware 5.0? I've asked Sybase several times (in the past 3 month period) and I still haven't received an answer. TIA, Bernard Mikowski --------------E6256398D09B1293B9B2E246 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Bernard Mikowski Content-Di...

error 8001 Unable to connect SQLAnywhere 5.5.04 Server in PB7.0
Please help me with the following problem: SYMPTOM: Error message SqlState 08001 "Unable to connect to database server; unable to start database engine" GOALS: Connect to 16-bit server database from Powerbuilder 7.0 development environment. Connect to 16-bit text driver from Powerbuilder 7.0 development environment. Connect to same datasources in production enviroment. ENVIRONMENT: 1. Working on Windows NT. 2. Powerbuilder 5.0 and 7.0 installed on PC. 3. Using ODBC interface to database. SITUATION: 1. Tried to connect to SQLAnywhere 5.5.04 server (16-bit). 2...

SQLAnywhere 5.5.04ebf(1868), 5.5.05
Hello! I have recieved message from "owner-inews-tech-sqlanywhere@sybase.com" with Subject "Delphi users". Where can I obtain new ebf(s)? I found only 5.5.03 in the Software library. (http://support.sybase.com/esd/sqlany.html) ==== Subject: Bug Fix / Enhancement (PTrack 479443) - .... Summary: Delphi can't insert Blobs > 32k - SQLBindParameter only inserted the first 32k of a given buffer. Versions affected: 5.5.x Versions fixed: 5.5.04ebf(1868), 5.5.05 P4 change number: 52135, 52298 Modules affected: wod50 .... === You'll have to contact Tech ...

5.5.03 Server + 5.5.0 Clients?
We have an OS/2 server running the 5.5.0 engine. Sometimes we encounter assertions and would like to apply the patch 5.5.03. All clients are remote and communicate over IPX/SPX. Some clients use ODBC, others use ESQL. Is it possible to apply the patch to the server without updating the clients? Thanks for your help Tobias -- ====================================================================== Dipl.-Ing. Tobias Krueger Tel.: +49 6103 5881-41 Giegerich & Partner GmbH Fax: +49 6103 5881-49 Daimlerstrasse, D-63303 Dreieich eM...

ASP Connection to SQLAnywhere 5.5 Server
Okay people, let me see if any of you all can help me. We are trying to develop a very small web app using Active Server Pages that will access a SQLAnywhere 5.5 Server Db. We have a web server that is upgraded to the latest NT, ODBC, IIS, IE, ADO, everything. The actual database is on another server, part of the same domain. I have a VB app that I wrote that will connect the database, using ADO and ODBC with no problem. How every, our ASP, which has almost the same code, will not. It will not even try to start dbclient. I need some advice here, if possible. I have looked all ...

From SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.4 to ASA in PB6.5
Hi all, I am upgrading our single user PB application to a multiuser application We are using as backend Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0.1.1165. Now I have a serious problem: when insert a row into a table, which has an autoincremental field as primary key, the new key value is not returned to my datawindow/datastore and I really have selected the primary key as identifier. I have been looking in the file PBODB60.ini but I have not found a section with [ADAPTIVE SERVER ANYWHERE]. Should there be such a section ??? Is there someone who can help with getting my autoincremental ke...

SQLAnywhere 5.5 Multi-ODBC Connection Problem
Hi, I have been having a problem establishing two ODBC connections with an SQL Anywhere database. I have one connection being made to the datbase from ClearQuest. I also have a custom written ASP script that connects to this same database. If I am logged in through ClearQuest Web Service and try to run my ASP script, I get an "Unable to connect to database server. Specified database not found" error from my ASP script. However, if I am not logged in on the ClearQeust Web Service, and I run my ASP script, it runs fine. Then if I try to log into the Clear Quest Web Ser...

SQLAnywhere 5.5
We are running SQLAnywhere on a Novell 4.11 server. The DBSRV50.NLM is version 5.5.00 Build #1073. I am assuming this is the version of the database we are running of SQLAnywhere? Does this version support SMP? We are thinking of ordering another processor for the server, but don't want to waste money is the version of SQLAnywhere is not SMP aware or capable of using the extra processor? Thanks, Keith I already answered this in the general newsgroup. Please do not cross post. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Houston, TX I only crossed posted because this group has al...

SQLAnywhere 5.5
We are running SQLAnywhere on a Novell 4.11 server. The DBSRV50.NLM is version 5.5.00 Build #1073. I am assuming this is the version of the database we are running of SQLAnywhere? Does this version support SMP? We are thinking of ordering another processor for the server, but don't want to waste money is the version of SQLAnywhere is not SMP aware or capable of using the extra processor? Thanks, Keith SQL Anywhere does not support SMP, ASA does but not on Novell. But, it won't hurt to add another processor. The OS will continue to use one and SQL Anywhe...

SQLWindows 5.03/SQLAnywhere 5.0 via ODBC
We are using SQLWindows 5.03 with SQLAnywhere via ODBC. Has anyone used Stored procedures with SQLWindows ? We have had problems returning result sets to SQLWindows. OdrPrepareProc function doesn't get the result set returned by SQLAnywhere. This works with MS SQLServer. Inserting, updating and deleting works fine with SQLAnywhere. Thanks in advance, kyosti.ylijoki@sunit.fi "ME" <postmaster@sunit.fi> wrote: >We are using SQLWindows 5.03 with SQLAnywhere via ODBC. >Has anyone used Stored procedures with SQLWindows ? We have had problems >retur...

Anywhere dbclient 5.5.05 trouble to connect to the server
Environment Windows XP SP2 Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5.05 build #2509 I think I have been able to connect from this environment to a 5.5 server running under QNX4. But now I'm getting error "TCP/IP link, function recvfrom[], bad return code 10054" The host IP is defined directly on the command line using -x tcpip[} Thanks in advance! Juho -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/ The problem is most likely on the server end. "Juho Joensuu" <juho.joensuu@softsys.fi> wrote in message news:op.txemb5laoawh1d@ju...

SQLAnywhere INNER JOINS Differ from 5.0.03 to 5.5.04?????
I have the following query in SqlAnywhere: SELECT ( IF sn.IsMainName = '1' THEN sn.ShFullName ELSE left( String( sn.ShFullName, ' (', sh.ShFullName, ')'), 40) ENDIF ) AS ShFullName, c.ClntChrtID, c.ClntActvtyStatus AS _, Sh.PrsnDob, Sh.PrsnSex, Sh.ShId, Sh.Status, a.shPhone1, a.shAddrss1, a.shAddrss2, a.shCity FROM ShName sn JOIN Sh ON sn.ShId = sh.ShId JOIN Clnt c on c.ClntShId = sh.ShId LEFT OUTER JOIN ShAddrss a ON c.ClntShId = a.ShId AND a.OwnrHwSiteId = c.OwnrHwSiteId WHERE Sh.Statu...

ODBC connection thru VC++ with SQLAnywhere 5.5 problem
retcode = SQLDriverConnect( hdbc, EView->hwnd(), szConnStrIn5, strlen((char*)szConnStrIn5), szConnStrOut, cbConnStrOutMax, &pcbConnStrOut, SQL_DRIVER_COMPLETE_REQUIRED); where : szConnStrIn5 = "DRIVER={Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0};DatabaseFile=c:\database\test.db;UID=perform;PWD=perform;agent=engine;" I already have a connection made to a server database and I am opening up this connection in addition. The problem I am getting is that I get prompted for the User ID and Password through the standard Sybase connection dialog. The UID and PWD are alrea...

Upgrading 5.5.5 to 6.5.5
I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of any gotcha's or have any advice? LauraB@itdynamics.co.za wrote: > I am going to be upgrading from GW 5.5.5 to GW6.5.5 Anybody aware of > any gotcha's or have any advice? Not really. Before you upgrade rebuilt the post offices and domains or do at least a validate of the databases. If you are not really experienced I recommend to purchase the caledonia upgrade guide. -- Cheers, Edward ...

Web resources about - Trouble sharing a dbclient ODBC connection between two processes on web server SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5 - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere