Traansfer table+records from one .db file to another .db

Hi,

We would like to know SQL command to transfer table+data from one database
to another.

Whenever there is a new release of our application, all the details stored
in the previous release's DB should be transferred to the new release's DB.

The new release's DB will have some new tables already present.

Could you please help us to know what seqeunce of SQL command to be executed
to transfer tables+data from the old DB to the new DB.

Thanks in Advance for the Help.
Regards,
Sarika

0
Sarika

Your question has a lot of assumptions in it and a direct answer is probably
going to be difficult to provide (or as simple as you may be expecting).

You might want to look at the following features of ASA

    sa_migrate

    dbunload.exe (the reload.sql file produced defines your entire schema)

    the dbunload "-ac" switch might be helpful in some cases (and may also
    provide you with an additional tool)

Also do not forget about our PowerDesigner product.  (a little something
referred to as reverse engineering may be what you are looking for)

"Sarika Inamdar" <sinamdar@cisco.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We would like to know SQL command to transfer table+data from one database
> to another.
>
> Whenever there is a new release of our application, all the details stored
> in the previous release's DB should be transferred to the new release's
> DB.
>
> The new release's DB will have some new tables already present.
>
> Could you please help us to know what seqeunce of SQL command to be
> executed
> to transfer tables+data from the old DB to the new DB.
>
> Thanks in Advance for the Help.
> Regards,
> Sarika

0
Nick

Access DB file ... Copy record from one table to another in ASP.NET
Hi,Is there a way to accomplish this :   Insert into Table_A (Select * from Table_B where Field_A  = @Predicate )This is to copy a base record when the ItemSelected event is triggered into a seperate table within the same MS ACCESS DB file. My goal:                    Datagrid1 ---->  Loaded from TableA           Dategrid2 ---->  Loaded from TableB based on the ItemSelected Event from Datagrid1      ...

Copy data from table in one DB to another DB
Hello all. From within a PB8 application I am trying to copy a select number of rows from an ASA8 database table to a SQL Server 2000 database table. I am having some difficulty with this since: 1. The table name is not known at the time the application is compiled. (without going into lots of detail, I can say that temporary tables are created in the ASA8 database and the SQL Server database by the user, using another product) The source and destination tables are structuraly identical. 2. The source table always has a Long Binary column in i...

can I compare one record from one table to another record in another table?
can I compare one record from one table to another record in another table? I need to test if this condition is met. My scenario is: i need to check one table for a value and compare it to a list of records. for example, table 1           columnrecord 1- applesrecord 2- orangesrecord 3- grapes table 2            col1   col2   col3    col4record 1- Null , Null, Null, grapes I need to compare table 2 records with a list of records from table 1. the fru...

Transfering tables and data from one MS SQL DB to another MS SQL DB
I need to transfer tables and data from one SQL DB to another SQL DB. I know it can be done with Server Management Studio and I have searched Studio and Help but can't find any info on the database migration wizard. Hi,jayd  Follow This Link U can Get Help From This For Ur Case    http://forums.asp.net/t/1352620.aspx   PLZ MARK AS ANSWER IF IT HELP U. THANKS. RAGHAV MVP ASP/ASP.Net Read My Blog MARK THE POST AS ANSWER IF IT HELPS U. "Success doesn't come to you…you go to it."--Marva Collins "Success does not come to those who w...

how to order records from one table by records of another table?
i have two tables: subject ~~~~~~~ name number (primary key document ~~~~~~~~ name, number (primary key) subject_number (foreign key) what SQL query will return a table (view) of the subjects, ordered by the number of documents each subject has? subjects with no documents should not be included. Hello, Following is a query: SELECT subject.name, Document.name FROM subject INNER JOIN Document1 ON subject.number = Document.subject_number ORDER BY Document.name Dear, this is not a SQL centric blog. So its may not possible every time to solve SQL relat...

How to copy tables from one db to another?
 Hello, I had some problems with the Reporting Services, But I found the solution, I had to create a new database but all my data is in another db, so, how can copy the tables from one db to another?  Run this command SELECT * INTO DestinationDB..DestinationTable FROM SourceDB..SourceTable  Don't say thanks rather mark my reply as "Answer" if it helps you ,Doing so u'll get points tooamiT jaiNC#.NET Articles See my reply to you in UT. First run script to create an empty database, then use Backup and Restore (check override option doing restor...

How to improve the performance of getting DB Records from older DB files
I want to read DB Records from older DB files(I used Blackfish SQL Database),and then write the readed Record to the Using DB(the using DB has more fields than the older). Now I resolved this problem by getting fields name and value from the older DB, and then making their a 'insert SQL statement', finally using this SQL to write Record into current DB. while the older DB having a large amount records, the above prcedure will cost a lot of time. Anyone can help to solve this problem? ...

copying data from 1 db stored procedure to another db table
my problem is i have a stored procedure stored in one db ,the stored procedure is basically a select statement..i want to store the result in a table in my own db which is stored in my db...and i want it to be updated on a regular basis..say 5 minutes interval.. independently of the running application..please help ok i made a mistake i wanted to say i want the resultant grid to be stored in another table on the database found on my pc,,,the first database is located on a server..thanks in advance If I understand your first question correctly, you may try to use SELECT INTO syntax http:...

SqlDataAdapter
Hi I'm trying to build a process using the SqlDataAdapter to flash the contents of a query (run on a network sql database) to a table on my local SqlExpress database built into my c# project.  The query itself returns around 200-300 rows and the process needs to run every 30 seconds or so to sync up to what is on the network sql DB. I could hypothetically blow out the local table each time and use the SqlBulkCopy but that seems like a poor implementation.  I prefer to build this with the SqlDataAdapter. Here is what I have so far.  The local Blotter table is empty to...

Copy table from one db into another and keep updating it
 Hello, I have two tables in different databases, they are not identical but I do need the information from one table to be copied to another. Ideally I'd like to have this happen automatically so I wouldn't have to manually copy the contents over. I've tried a query like this: SELECT db1.dbo.help.app_number, db1.dbo.help.language, db1.dbo.help.help INTO db2.dbo.Help FROM db1.dbo.help  But get the error: There is already an object named 'Help' in the database.Any ideas how I can make a copy? There is one extra field in the db1 table and other than that...

1 record from one table N records from another table using gridview in single row?
Hi there, I have 2 tables named question(questionid,question) and options(optionid,options) In that questions table I got one record and in options table 3 records. Whenever I query I got 3 records 1)question1 choice1 2)question1 choice2 3)question1 choice3 I would like to use gridview(I would like to edit those values) to display these in a single row. like Question1 ch1 ch2 ch3(one record) . But the problem is I always getting 3 rows. I have seen some example(nested datalist) but they are using only one table, I am using 2 tables. Can any one help me to acheive th...

copy tables + SP's from one db to another
 I have two databases and want to copy tables (with table data) and stored procedures from one database to another.both databases have the same name (so management studio is not letting me have both up)....what should I do?thanks.  What do you mean both databases have the same name? Do both servers have the same name? If both databases have the same name if you try to attach one into the server with a database of the same name you can specify a new name while attaching. You can generate script to move the schema and stored procedures. The data is where the answers above will mak...

text/image files

copy data from one table to another from 2 db's.
i have a table called t_CustomerAcct in 'Dev' db and want to copy the data in t_CustomerAcct table in 'Production' db. but i have some records in the table in 'production' db which i dont want to be updated. my primary key in both tables is 'email' i bit lost on how to do this and i dont want to loose any data from production db accidentally.    -------------------------Anything is possible. If Post.Solved.Problem Then " Mark As Answer "End If Export the entire t_CustomerAcct to some t_CustomerAcct_New table in production first....

Web resources about Traansfer table+records from one .db file to another .db - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 12:50:00 AM