Table in a DB space is corrupt (corrupt page). Reload only DB space ???

Hi,
My question:
In case of an invalid corrupt table in a DB space (corrupt page). Have
I to rebuild the complete database or is it sufficient to reload only
the effected DB space?

Thanks, Carsten
0
PleaseDoNotReply

SQL Anywhere has no mechanism to repair a single page or table. I would
restore from a backup and reapply the transaction logs.

Glenn

--
Glenn Paulley
Director, Engineering (Query Processing)

Blog: http://iablog.sybase.com/paulley

EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com
  choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all

To Submit Bug Reports: http://case-express.sybase.com

SQL Anywhere Studio Supported Platforms and Support Status
http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=1002288

Whitepapers, TechDocs, and bug fixes are all available through the
Sybase iAnywhere pages at
http://www.sybase.com/products/databasemanagement/sqlanywhere/technicalsupport
0
Glenn

I can't move a table from system dp space to another db space!
help me ,thanks! "strong" <nie.cs@163.net> wrote: >help me ,thanks! Unfortunately, ALTER TABLE doesn't let you change the dbspace name. However, you can use ALTER TABLE to rename the current table, CREATE TABLE to create a new table with the old name in the other dbspace, INSERT INTO with SELECT to copy rows from the current table to the new table, and then DROP TABLE to get rid of the current table. Breck You might want to consider rebuilding the database then. Use DBUNLOAD or Sybase Central to unload the database and the structure. Once that ...

Moving tables between DB Spaces
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to move a table and it's associated objects ( indexes, foreign keys , etc ) from one DB Space to another. Let's call them MAIN DB Space and DB Space No 2. When designing our database, a couple of tables were inadvertantly placed in DB Space no 2, along with over 140 megs of fairly static data, that is updated every 3 months. Our plan is to move those couple of tables back to the main db space. This way, the customer can backup DBSpace NO 2 only once every 3 months, which will greatly assist them in backing up. Their Main DB Spac...

SQLAnywhere corrupt db after Installshield?
I have found that if SQLAnywhere is running when my application is updated with InstallShield 5.1 that the DB it is accessing becomes corrupt? Is there a way of detecting SQLAnywhere is loaded and running from within Windows95? I would like to implement it in my InstallShield app. InstallShield newsgroup was no help either. I am starting SQL as the following: dbeng50.exe -Q so the user does not even see the dbeng50 in the taskbar. In a dll: use GetClassName(.. and walk the Handle = GetNextWindow(.. GetClassName(Handle,className.. if( strncmp(className,"__shutd...

Corrupt DB
We are currently using ASA v8.01.3131. We have one table that has become corrupted and have confirmed this using dbvalid utility. We can recover from backups to get back up and running if needed. An alternative is to use the solution explained in http://www.ianywhere.com/developer/technotes/db_corrupt_table.html where we unload all data except for the table with the corrupt data and then reload into a fresh database. We are in the final testing stages of migrating to ASA v9.01 which will require us to do a unload/reload, so this is another reason I am leaning this way to recover ...

Corrupted DB?
We're using the standalone Sybase SQLAnywhere 5.0 and recently two of our PCs displayed the following error message when we start the database. The instruction at 004012c3 referenced memory at ffffffff. The memory could not be read from. Click on OK to terminate the application. What's happening? We're using different types of PCs and the problem occurred on clones. Could that be a factor? tnx in advance >We're using the standalone Sybase SQLAnywhere 5.0 and recently two of >our PCs displayed the following error message when we start the >database...

DB corruption
What are 3-4 reasons for a message DB to become corrupt and the automatic rebuild to kick in? Just looking for some text for an email I have to send to my boss. Thanks Are you running direct access? If so the PCs write directly to the message stores. If the data packets get stomped on during transmition the corruption gets written to the DBs. -- Timothy Leerhoff Principal Consultant Independent Experts Novell Support Forums Sysop ...

DB corruption
has anyone experienced database corruption that causes the referential integrity constraints to work improperly...? We've done a rebuild with no improvement....SQLAW 5.5.04 >has anyone experienced database corruption that causes the referential >integrity constraints to work improperly...? >We've done a rebuild with no improvement....SQLAW 5.5.04 Doesn't sound familiar. What are the exact symptoms? Leo Tohill - Team Sybase >> Please post in newsgroup, not via email << ...

Corrupt DB
My database is corrupt - error: The specified image file did not contain a resource section. The Sybase repair tool doesn't work. it says unable to open specified DB. Any ideas how i can repair my database? What repair tool? What version and build number for the ASA software? -- ----------------------------------------------- Robert Waywell Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions Please respond ONLY to newsgroup EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to all ...

DB Spaces
Is there any performance benefits of allocating all index into another Tablespace and data into another tablespace and leave the main tablespace as the ASA system tables. Something this is done in Oracle but would be interested whether it would benefits from these setup. Thanks Sam You would get a benefit if the different dbspaces resided on different physical drives; two heads are better than one :) If the database is updated frequently you will also get an improvement by putting the .DB and .LOG files on separate physical drives. These drives must be locally attached to ...

Reduce DB Space, Tables and Record Counts
Is there a way to: 1. Get a list of all tables and their record counts via sql? 2. Reduce DB space if previously added? TIA, -k- You can get a list of all tables and an estimate of the number of rows via the system table SYSTABLE. The database size can only be reduced by unloading/reloading. The 'free space' made available by deletes can be reused so unless there is significant free space above and beyond your expected load, it may not be worthwhile to reclaim that space. -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 *...

Corrupt DB from SQLAnyWhere V 5.5.05
Are there any tools to repair corrupt database files? I have a file that has some how become mangled. Two of the tables ( Charter, SystemID ) are now spelled wrong ( Chcrter, SystgmID ). The SYSTABLE also has a mangled row which has a table name similar to 'gins(remoteserverid,| remoteuser' and the rest of the values for that row seem wrong. Finally, selecting '*' from SYSTABLE shows me the two tables mentioned in the first paragraph, but selecting from that table with "WHERE table_name='Chcrter'" results in now rows returned. (the same is true w...

Need help approximating how much hard drive space I need for my DB table.
In our SQL Server database we will have a table that will be populated with about 2000 recordsper day. That is 2000 records per day for 5 days per week. Currently the computer we are using has about  50 gigabytesof available hard drive space on it. We are concerned that maybe we will need a bigger hard drive,based solely on the number of records entered into this table per day. The problem is I don'tknow how to calculate how much hard drive space we need. I think I read that using varchar,sql server 2005 really optimizes a database. Here is a typical example of data in ourdatabase. I pu...

Move large table from DB to DB
I have a table of approx 1/2 million rows. On a nightly basis, this table gets rebuilt in a temporary database. Once the table has been built and scrubbed, i need to move it into our webservers db. I'd like to do this with minimal interuption to the website. Possible techniques: 1) I could set up a DTS package to copy the table object overwriting the destination table 2) I could export to a flat file and then bulk import into the live table (after truncating it) 3) I could run a process to update smaller chunks of data at a time running delete queries and insert queries. ...

DB Spaces #2
I have a database contaiining at about 100.000 records , in various tables. The database contains a "few" db-spaces, and these db-spaces containing "indexes" for the tables that exists on "system" db-space. I'd like to check the performance on different CPU's, so i moved all the project ( front and back end ) in a smaller PC. Everything was almost working ... and the performace was "good" ... What was not working was this: When i was trying a query based on an indexed field, the SQLAnywhere was reporting "FILE" error , ass...

Web resources about - Table in a DB space is corrupt (corrupt page). Reload only DB space ??? - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Corrupt Bargain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The term Corrupt Bargain refers to three historic incidents in American history in which political agreement was determined by congressional ...

Jackie Chan Calls US 'Most Corrupt' Country In The World - YouTube
Jackie Chan Calls US 'Most Corrupt' Country In The World Jackie Chan calls US 'most corrupt' country in the world jackie chan america corrupt ...

Labor refuses to repay donation from corrupt mining associate of Ian Macdonald
Labor is refusing to return a $25,000 donation from a mining industry honcho who was found to be corrupt by the NSW Independent Commission Against ...

China's pursuit of corrupt officials takes Australia into uncharted waters
In its worldwide pursuit of corrupt officials who have absconded with billions in illicit funds, China is, increasingly loudly, asking foreign ...

Clive Palmer says he won't win Fairfax because 'Australian electoral system is corrupt'
CLIVE Palmer now says he won't win the Queensland seat of Fairfax because the electoral system is corrupt.

Symantec spots odd malware designed to corrupt databases - intrusion, symantec, security, Desktop security ...
Symantec had spotted another odd piece of malware that appears to be targeting Iran and is designed to meddle with SQL databases.

Corrupt former Labor minister Joe Tripodi explains his interest in policy that drove him to help Nathan ...
DEVOUT Catholic Joe Tripodi took the affirmation, not the oath, in the ICAC witness stand yesterday before explaining the &#8220;policy interest&#8221; ...

Andy Coulson, Rebekah Brooks face corrupt payments charges in Operation Elveden
... doctor, Andy Coulson, and ex-News International chief executive Rebekah Brooks will be charged as part of the investigation into alleged corrupt ...

IBAC: yes, my conduct was corrupt, admits school principal
... requested $30,000 to pay for work that was never done. Keilor Heights Primary School principal Michael Giulieri​ has admitted he acted corruptly ...