Sybase SQL Anywhere <--> Delphi non-BDE,ODBS,SQL Links Data Access.

Betatesters are welcome!

Non BDE, but BDE-like ...

http://www.microolap.com/MODBConnectivity.html

Edward Smirnov
pr@microolap.com

0
Edward

Hi Ed,
This is the sqlanywhere general forum.  If you want us to try your product, at
least describe it technically.  I notice no readme, help files, or faq's at
your site.....

Edward Smirnov wrote:

> Betatesters are welcome!
>
> Non BDE, but BDE-like ...
>
> http://www.microolap.com/MODBConnectivity.html
>
> Edward Smirnov
> pr@microolap.com
0
Al
7/25/2000 2:52:50 PM
I agree with Al. Although I'm curious, and could definitely use such a product,
I wouldn't touch this product without more documentation up front.

0
Mike
7/25/2000 3:12:00 PM
Hello, Al!

>If you want us to try your product, at least describe it technically.  I
notice no readme, help files, or faq's at
>your site.....

Thank you for your advice,Al!

For the present we have no enough of questions from testers for creation
acceptable FAQ.
Documentation on a site will be uploaded in the near future.

README and HELP files are zipped into archive.

------
Best regards,

Edward Smirnov
pr@microolap.com

0
Edward

Sql Server 2000->->->->->Data->->->-> Sql Server 2005
How can i migrate data from Sql Server 2000 to  Sql Server 2000 A backup file of SQL 2000 can be restored on SQL 2005   ThanksMark post(s) as "Answer" that helped youElectronic ScrewWebsite||Blog||Dub@i.net...

SQL Anywhere for QNX -> SQL Anywhere for NT
Hello! I have a system (local server with http-server and Sybase SQL Anywhere) on QNX - several cgi-programs written on Watcom C with embedded SQL. Now I want to try to move all programs to Win NT. But I don't have time to entirely rewrite all the programs. Also currently I don't have opportunity to try SQL Anywhere for NT. So before I begin to experiment I want to ask some questions. First of all, I want to try to recompile all my cgi-programs with Watcom C for DOS using SQL Anywhere for NT sql-preprocessor. (btw, I don't use any qnx-specific functions in my programs). ...

Recommendation
Hiya, I'm looking for some quick advice on how to achieve a task I've been trying to do. The situation: I run a script on my various SQL Servers (2000 and 2005). The script's output is an XML file. (I chose XML because the majority of the servers are on their own domains with different firewall rules and what not, so linking al servers was not an option). I also created an XSD file (booooooooring), which I still need to link to all the tables I created in a central SQL (for now 2000) Server. So I have an x-amount of XML files in a folder, and I will need to import those one by one. So f...

SQL Anywhere Client (AIX) to Access SQL Anywhere 8.0
What client is needed to access SQL Anywhere 8.0 from an AIX client machine? Where can I download it? The Unix version of SQL Anywhere Studio is available for purchase. The client software is included in the package. Your sales rep can assist you with the pricing details for client licenses. -- ----------------------------------------------- Robert Waywell Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Sybase's iAnywhere Solutions Please respond ONLY to newsgroup EBF's and Patches: http://downloads.sybase.com choose SQL Anywhere Studio >> change 'time frame' to al...

Accessing data passed as <xxx>data</xxx>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="Controls" Namespace="Homepage.Controls" Assembly="Homepage" %> If i got <Controls:myControl runat="server">some data</Controls:myControl>, how can I get the text "some data" from within that control?// The one and only Tant102. I think so there is no mean of data in between usercontrol tags. <xxx>data</xxx> This data is not pass to the client as well. That means this data is not a part of the Page. Then how we can access it. If it is possible to send data to the client in ...

SQL Anywhere Data Access Component (ASADAC) for DELPHI build 1.0.0.121 is available.
Sybase SQL Anywhere Data Access Component (ASADAC) new beta release is available. ASADAC works with Delphi 4/5 and Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.x/7.0 without BDE/ODBC. Operation with ASADAC looks absolutely the same as operation with BDE. Yesterday we've uploaded History / Bug list on http://www.microolap.com! ASADAC page: http://www.microolap.com/MODBConnectivity.html Downloads page: http://www.microolap.com/MODownLoadsPage.html Edward Smirnov pr@microolap.com http://www.microolap.com >> Operation with ASADAC looks absolutely the same as operation with BD...

SQL Anywhere Data Access Component (ASADAC) for DELPHI build 1.0.0.119 is available.
Sybase SQL Anywhere Data Access Component (ASADAC) new beta release is available. ASADAC works without BDE/ODBC. Operation with ASADAC looks absolutely the same as operation with BDE. ASADAC page: http://www.microolap.com/MODBConnectivity.html Downloads page: http://www.microolap.com/MODownLoadsPage.html Edward Smirnov pr@microolap.com http://www.microolap.com ...

Problems SQL Server -> SQL Anywhere
We have a strange problem when moving from MS SQL Server to SQL Anywhere. Can anyone help us with this problem Environment: Windows XP Sp1 Visual C++ 6.0 Adaptive Server Anywhere 8.0 ODBC driver 8.00.01.2600 Problem: I have derived a recordset class from CRecordset, and is using bulk row fetching. The data from the database is fetched in batches of 25 rows (default recordset size). If I terminate the operation when x rows are handled, the remaining (25-x) rows will turn up in the first batch when I restart the operation. All is well so far, but the first batch will hold ...

Sql, Sql express, Access or mysql for data
If this has been discussed before i apologise as i am fairly new to the asp forum and was not sure where to search for threads. I am upgrading to a new web plan that supports asp and i noticed that godaddy supports all of the above databases.  I was curious if there are any advantages to using one db over the others as far as web is concerned?  What i am looking to do is handle guestbook,  logins for registered users which would control access to certain downloads and possibly pages as well.  And it was also advised that i look into using a database to store and d...

SQL > My SQL
I have a problem, my asp.net page wants to connect to the sql server, but it has to be the mysql. How can I solve this problem? This is my code: <%@ page explicit="true" language="VB" debug="true" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.Odbc" %> <%@ Import Namespace="System.Data.SqlClient" %> <html> <script runat="server"> sub page_load(sender as object, e as eventargs) If Not IsPostBack Then dim connect as sqlconnectio...

Access -> SQL Anywhere
I have a client-server application written in PowerBuilder using Access 97 as the DB. I would like to switch to SQL Anywhere DB..The question I had is what kind of work is involved in achieving this? Do I need to change all the Access specific SQL to work with SQL Anywhere? What are the licencing issues involved? Do I only need to provide the engine to the end-users to run the application or do I need to purchase a licence for each user? The end-users do not need to open the DB or see what's in the DB..All the interface to the DB is through the application. A sales...

how do i insert data into sql server using data from textboxes and sql connection and sql command
anyone can give me a simple explaination and code.. Thanx in advance Take a look @ Sample Code: How to add...Sushila Bowalekar PatelVisual ASP/ASP.NET MVPhttp://weblogs.asp.net/sushilasb There are a lot of tutorials out there, but I know they can be a bit confusing as they all approach things slightly differently. Basically a nice simple version would go like this:' *** First set up your connectionDim conConnection As New SqlConnection("server=servername;database=yourdatabase;uid=yourname;pwd=yourpassword;")' *** This line takes care of your sommand text and command connection in one ...

SQL Server Express >>> SQL Server
Hi SQL Server gurus I have developed a web-site using SQL Server Express -- mainly due to the open licence.  Now, when I look at the hosting companies, I see that some of them do not support SQL Server Express, allegedly due to performance issues.  Is this a valid argument?  In short, I am trying to find out whether SQL Server Express is good enough for me -- because it definitely seems to do what I want it to do -- OR should I be seriously thinking of upgrading as SQL Server Express will give me problems down the road?  Will it be able to take the load when site tr...

transfer data between SQL anywhere and MS SQL server
Any good, fast, easy method, please suggest. I have 2 identical DB in SQL anywhere and in MS SQL server, which including about 100 table. How can I transfer the data between these 2 DBMS system?? Pipeline is not a good idea, because it can transfer 1 table at 1 time. I don't mind to write a small program to do that, but I do not want hard code the field name in the program because the file structure required to be changed later. Thanks in advance. I do this by creating datawindows dynamically, exporting out the data to text then importing data to the database using the...

transfer data between SQL anywhere and MS SQL server
Any good, fast, easy method, please suggest. I have 2 identical DB in SQL anywhere and in MS SQL server, which including about 100 table. How can I transfer the data between these 2 DBMS system?? Pipeline is not a good idea, because it can transfer 1 table at 1 time. I don't mind to write a small program to do that, but I do not want hard code the field name in the program because the file structure required to be changed later. Thanks in advance. I do this by creating datawindows dynamically, exporting out the data to text then importing data to the database using the...

Web resources about - Sybase SQL Anywhere <--> Delphi non-BDE,ODBS,SQL Links Data Access. - sybase.sqlanywhere.general