sybase central connection to a remote ASA db on another sub-net

How can I connect Sybase Central to a remote ASA db on another sub-net?  The
Find Server seems can only return servers on the same subnet.

Thanks,
Kevin

0
Kevin

figured it out:

In Advanced tab, add the following:
CommLinks=tcpip(HOST=blah.blah.com;PORT=2638)

-Kevin

"Kevin Chen" <kevin.chen@air2web.com> wrote in message
> How can I connect Sybase Central to a remote ASA db on another sub-net?
The
> Find Server seems can only return servers on the same subnet.
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin

0
Kevin

how to make ado.net connection to sqlanywhere in db profile
how to make ado.net connection to sqlanywhere in db profile. I don't see the namespace for sqlanywhere10. How to include one? thanks vsv The namespace would be system.data.oledb The provider would be SAOLEDB.10 Regards, Dave Fish Sybase On 6 Nov 2007 08:17:01 -0800, "vsv" <vsv@nospam.com> wrote: >how to make ado.net connection to sqlanywhere in db profile. > >I don't see the namespace for sqlanywhere10. > >How to include one? > >thanks > >vsv > > > iAnywhere.Data.SQLAnywhere is the .NE...

How to Enable DB Connection Pooling in PB 10.5, connecting to ASA 9.0.2 DB
Hi, What should be parameter for enabling connection pooling in Powerbuilder 10.5, I want to connect to ASA 9.0.2 database through its ODBC driver. Ravi Nath There is no inherent connection pooling for the ASA odbc driver. -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere Professional Version 8 ***************************************************************************** Sign up today for your copy of the SQL Anywhere Studio 9 Developer Edition =and try out the market-leading database for mobile, embedded and small to medium sized business environments for free! ...

can't make remote db connection specifying UNC path to remote db in DSN
I'm using ASA v6.00.04.3594 in a Win2k environment. I cannot build a successful DSN to a sybase db on another machine on the same network unless I do it thru a mapped drive. I'm using the ODBC Configuration Utility. Here are my settings in the Database and Network tabs (other tabs are defaults and dba login is specified). Database Tab: Server Name: <remotebox> Start Line: <blank> Database Name: <db_name> Database File: <unc path & db_name.db> (e.g. \\remotebox\dir\db_name.db ) Network Tab: TCP/IP is checked and specified the following in ...

Connecting a .NET Windows app to a remote db via a VPN?
I've developed a .NET windows app (it's basically a database membership application that manages memnber dues etc. ) that is now being scheduled for upgrading to a ASP.NET front end. Prior to this web conversion, people would like to run the windows app from home but connect to the database in the office- any opinion on using a VPN, to run my applicatiojn locally at home, but with a connection via VPN to the .NET data tier components and SQL database running on an application server server at the office? When the VPN connection is made , the client is issued an IP form the network at th...

Connect Remote server MS Access DB with .Net using DSN
 Hi,Connect Remote server MS Access DB with .Net using DSN .My code is: String ss = "Provider=MS Remote;Remote Server=http://serverName:1433; Remote Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;DSN=Test;";                   OdbcConnection con = new OdbcConnection(ss);        con.Open();        Response.Write("Connected");when i try to access, i am getting the following error ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Mana...

connecting local oracle db from remote asp.net web page
hai all my client has oracle database on his local server and he wants to develop a website where his customers login to the site and read their current status and status changes in hrs. so, he wants a website which after login reads logged in customer data from his local oracle database and shows online on webpage. can anybody suggest me how can i implement this i will be very grate full to all of you and thanx in advance    Hi rahemeen, The database should allow remote connectivity and the ASP.NET web application is able to connect it remotely. Then the connection string ...

Dream Weaver 8 Connection Strings for ASP and ASP.NET to connect remote MS Access Database on remote web server
  HiIm using Dream Weaver 8 to create a set of ASP and ASPX websites im editing them locally and testing them locally using IIS Personal Web Server. My problem is how to transfer them on to a remote webserver and make the pages connect to a remote database for asp,aspx as they work fine Locally ?Does anyone know how to create Dreamweaver connection strings for both ASP and ASP.NET pages for database that has the following directory path on the remote webserver Domain = asianwedding.somee.comDatabase path = **************************/db1.mdbIve been searching on the web and using the Se...

EAS3.0: ASA6.1: Connecting to a ASA DB Server from another PC
Hi, In the beta, the help mentions to use DBCLIENT.EXE. Ummm.. I am unable to locate it first. It is nowhere. Instead we have DBCLI6.EXE. Ok.. now when I am trying to a server using this with SQL Central, it says PORT Open etc.. errors. I tried it at the command prompt, it says, "Successfully wrote to ODBC.INI". Ohhh man.. I asked it to connect and why is it writing to ODBC? I have Win95 as the DB Server, Win95 as the client. I am IPX, TCP/IP and NetBiu as protocols on both. The machines are Pentium 233, 64 MB RAM, 4.3 GB HDD. Are there any person who has had success i...

IIS with external IP and have an ASP.NET app running. How do I connect another server (has IIS installed) running another asp.net application, but it has internal IP only?
Hi,I have a web server, with IIS, and external IP, with a ASP.NET application running on it. Users hit the site with the external IP.Now, we have another asp.net application, but we do not want to put it in server 1 (b/c of the load), and we do not want to give another external IP to the 2nd server... how can I make a user, hit server#1, and then in there, setup a virtual directory, and have the virtual directory pointing to the starting folder on the 2nd server??I tried setting up a VD with a "shared folder on another server ", and then putting in the path like this, \\2ndServer\inetpub\www...

Connection to ASA DB with WLAN connection why no error?
Hi, The connection to the database with a Windows CE mobile works with WLAN connection. DSN File : [ODBC] uid=dba pwd=sql enginename=tlbmobile_proxy Links=TCPIP(DOBROADCAST=DIRECT;HOST=194.124.250.130) databasename=tlbmobile_proxy Driver=\windows\dbodbc10.dll But I become no error when the server is not started or the WLAN connection is stopped. In my Pocketbuilder application, I wait... I wait... and nothing. Can you help me please. Thanks ...

Connect to remote db with same name as local db
We have a db server running locally that has the same name as one we want to connect to remotely over our WAN. According to online help; "By default, the SQL Anywhere Client tries to use a local Named Pipe or Windows link first (if applicable), followed by IPX, TCP/IP, NetBIOS" etc. Is there a way to turn off named pipes or specify the communication search sequence? Here's an example of what we're using that doesn't work; dbclient -x tcpip{dobroadcast=no;host=sademo;myip=none} thanks, Mark Libner mlibner@security-finance.com First, please always state w...

problem accessing ASA 7.0.4 db when connecting from a remote site via ADSL
Can anybody help me to solve the following problem or at least give me some good tips or tricks to isolate the problem ? ASA 7.0.4 server in running in main site under a windows 2000 server. The PCs installed locally connect via ODBC without any hassle. PCs in a remote site however, running under the same windows domain, and connected via an ADSL BILAN connection, allow me without any problem to log-in, print, browse files etc. etc. but when staring up the PB 6.5 user application or SQLAnywhere Interactive SQL and when trying to connect to the server database, I get the message "...

Connecting to ASA 9 through network with ADO.NET in VB.NET
Hi, I'm having trouble connecting to an Adaptive Server Anywhere database with the ADO Provider "ASAProv" with client computers. It works perfectly when the application is in the same computer as the database server. But when I try to connect to it from another machine, this machine opens a new ASA Database server and cannot access the database because its being used by the first computer. My connection string is Provider=ASAProv; UID=dba; PWD=sql; ServerName=GUS; DatabaseName=LCMS2; AutoStop=No; DBF=\\Gustavo\DB\LCMS2.DB How can I tell the application to use ASA ...

Use mobilink to sync remote PC DB with central DB
Hi all Tried to find some information on mobilink's capability on sync a number of remote DB with central DB. Set up: 1. Remote PC running my apps and ODBC compliant database 2. Central server running microsoft SQL 2000 Objective sync tens to hundreds of remote PC's DBs to the central sql2000 DB on a daily basis questions? 1. Can mobilink client work with any ODBC compliant database on remote PC, or it has to be sybase's DB 2. Can mobilink to be configured to auto dial up ISP on a scheduled basis and then sync with central DB through TCPIP? 3. Is the data...

.Net remoting : can't connect to remote object
hi guys , i'm trying to learn how to use .Net Remoting ! i created a class like this : public class MyClass : MarshalByRefObject { public MyClass() { Console.WriteLine("my object created !"); } public void DoSomething() { // do sometthing here } } and i use of a windows application to register this class : public void Main() { HttpServerChannel channel = new HttpServerChannel(8080); ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(channel); RemotingConfiguration.RegisterWellKnow...

Web resources about - sybase central connection to a remote ASA db on another sub-net - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Kings Cross identities arrested in connection with murder
Two Kings Cross identities&nbsp;have been arrested in connection with the murder of a man at Sydney hotel.

... of Emergency Services) On Wednesday evening, California Governor Jerry Brown declared a state of emergency in Los Angeles County in connection ...

Report: Man arrested in connection with Ashley Olsen's murder
Italian media agency reports that a non-EU male has been arrested in the murder of the 35-year-old American

Toyota and Kymeta rely on satellites to power this Mirai's data connection
They're hoping to achieve gigabit wireless speeds within the next few years.

Test Claims To Show T-Mobile’s YouTube “Optimization” Is Just Connection Throttling
... on the same network, and at the same time of day. They tested video streaming against three other kinds of downloads and measured the connection ...