Suggestions Please installing SQL Anywhere on 2.12 CE unit

I downloaded the Eval copy of SQL Anywhere for Windows CE and tried to
install it on my WCE device which is running 2.12.  It appears that the
install program recognizes only CE versions 2.11 or 3.0.  Is there anyway
to trick the install program into seeing my unit as a 2.11 unit.

I hate this crap.  2.12 is a VALID version of WCE that many companies
overlook when creating their install programs.  It's a simple matter of
including it in the installer versions.  Any suggestions (besides changing
the OS kernal)?

Thanks in advance
Scott
0
scott

What version of ASA are you installing?
Please be specific (ie 7.0.3).

--
David Fishburn
Certified SQL Anywhere Associate

EBFs and Maintenance Releases
http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
Whitepapers
http://www.sybase.com/developer/mobile/
CaseXpress - to report bugs
http://casexpress.sybase.com

<scott@atmsol.com> wrote in message
> I downloaded the Eval copy of SQL Anywhere for Windows CE and tried to
> install it on my WCE device which is running 2.12.  It appears that the
> install program recognizes only CE versions 2.11 or 3.0.  Is there anyway
> to trick the install program into seeing my unit as a 2.11 unit.
>
> I hate this crap.  2.12 is a VALID version of WCE that many companies
> overlook when creating their install programs.  It's a simple matter of
> including it in the installer versions.  Any suggestions (besides changing
> the OS kernal)?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Scott

0
David

Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not installed on the SQL server. Please install ASP.NET Session State SQL Server version 2.0 or above.
Can anybody point me in the direction of how to resolve this error, Unable to use SQL Server because ASP.NET version 2.0 Session State is not installed on the SQL server. Please install ASP.NET Session State SQL Server version 2.0 or above. I am running Visusl Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005 Standard, running on WIndows XP Pro. I am trying to use SQL for session state management. I originally ran the following code from the command line prompt, aspnet_regsql.exe -E -ssadd -sstype p This created an ASPState database. I then manually added my default ASP.NET login as a user. In my web.confi...

How Do You Install SQL Anywhere on a WCE 2.12 Device
I downloaded the Eval copy of SQL Anywhere for Windows CE and tried to install it on my WCE device which is running 2.12. It appears that the install program recognizes only CE versions 2.11 or 3.0. Is there anyway to trick the install program into seeing my unit as a 2.11 unit? Thanks in advance Scott What partnership do you have with the CE device. AFAIK, a guest partnership will not work. /ck <Scott> wrote in message news:9AD36C60ED1FA8A900523DC485256ABF.00523DD385256ABF@webforums... > I downloaded the Eval copy of SQL Anywhere for Windows CE and tried ...

Install of SQL Anywhere CE
I'm testing out PocketBuilder and having a reasonable amount of success with the development environment, but no luck installing the SQL Anywhere database server to an i-mate SP5 running Windows CE 5.10 on an OMAP850 ARM processor. I keep getting the message "Installation of asa_ce.ARM.30.CAB was unsuccessful. The installation file is not intended for this device." I've tried the original version which comes with the demo version of PocketBuilder as well as the 9.0.1/2102 and the 9.0.2/3228 EBFs, but all give the same message. Have I missed something fund...

SQL Anywhere 12 #2
What is the status of SQL Anywhere 12? There's alread a thread with the same topic in this newsgroup. Cited from there: The SQL Anywhere 12 beta is currently open: http://www.sybase.com/innsbruckbeta Registering for the beta will provide you the software to review and test. This includes documentations and feature lists. SQL Anywhere 12 will be released later this year. There is a Top 12 Cool New Features paper that is currently being developed. Information will be provided to the beta about this paper. There are some hints that SQLA 12 will available in the second ...

Problem installing SQL Anywhere 12
Hi, I'm trying to install the latest version of SQL Anywhere, but at the end of installation I receive this message : "Could not create the Java virtual machine" I have other versions of SQL Anywhere installed on my computer. I remember I had this problem before, but now I don't know how to solved. Any advice ? Best regards. Hi Canelas, On 04/08/2010 1:28 PM, Canelas wrote: > "Could not create the Java virtual machine" > > I have other versions of SQL Anywhere installed on my computer. I > remember I had this problem before,...

Help Please Starting out with SQL Anywhere #2
All, I am using PowerBuilder 5.04 and want to build a sqlany database. My operating system in Window NT 4.0 service pack 3. I used the create database utility in SQL central to create and connect to a database which work fine. Then went to the clicked on the tables folder in the newly created database and got the attached message. This happens for all the utilities. Have I missed something in the istallation. Please help Roger ...

installing sql anywhere on redhat 7.2
i am trying to get sql anywhere installed on a machine running redhat 7.2 (2.4.7-10). it won't let me run the setup.exe file. i tried running it out of GNOME by double clicking on the icon, but that would run it, but not give me a chance to agree to the license agreement, it would always just select no and kick me out of it. then i tried running it from the shell, but it seems to bring up some redhat setup utility. can't figure this one out for the life of me. thanks in advance for any help. Doug setup.exe? the linux/unix command to start the installation is ./...

Commerical/OEM Issues with SQL Anywhere 12 Install
Question about my SQL Anywhere 12 install here. I've downloaded my SA12 install files from subscribe-net. I've gone ahead and installed it on my development server so I can start using SQL Anywhere 12. When it asked for the key, I used the Commercial (non-authenticated) key that was found in my OEM documentation. (Same exact thing I did with SQL Anywhere 11). When I run a database under SQL Anywhere 11 on this machine, and I show the server window from the tray, it says "Workgroup Edition". However, when I show the server window for SQL Anywhere 12, it s...

SQL Server CE 2.0 installation problem
Hi, Im trying to install SQL server 2000 CE2.0 but im getting this error message at the end. ------------------ SQL Server CE Server tools is compatable only with SQL Server 2000 Service pack1 and higher. When you install SQL server CE server tools on a computer running both IIS and SQL server 2000, ensure the installer for SQL Server CE server tools corresponds to the version of SQL Server 2000 ------------------- How to fix this error? Im installing it on a computer running both IIS 5 and SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 1. Kindly help me. Thanks in advance Tr...

2.1.2 Install Suggestion
I would like to see a section on www.dotnetnuke.com that would show a proper install of any version of DotNetNuke. Proper install meaning - A list of just the required files needed to run dotnetnuke and their placement in their directories. If some one has something like this please point me in the right direction. Thanks......

Sql Anywhere 10 and Power Designer 12
Sql Anywhere 10 comes with Power Designer 12.0. Are there any plans to includes updates for Power Designer which currently is at 12.1 + EBF's? The 12.1 Maintenance release cannot be applied to the version that ships with SqlAnywhere. You get an error message to that effect when you apply the update. ...

SQL Anywhere 12 Installation error: Could not create the Java virtual machine
We have a client installing Sybase SQL Anywhere 12 to a Windows 2008 SP2 server and at the end of the install, they are getting the error: Could not create the Java virtual machine This error occurs when Sybase is: "Initializing Sybase Central repository file" The user has Domain Admin rights to this server and User Account Control is turned off. They have uninstalled and reinstalled Java on this server, but it hasn't helped. Any thoughts? Jesse Giguere JGiguere@Needles.com Hi Jesse, Installing Java separately on the machine will not change anyt...

SQL Anywhere 7.0.2 Install Problem (MSDART32.dll)
I downloaded and installed the demo copy of SQL Anywhere Studio from the Sybase Website. No problems - software was acceptable. I purchased a copy of SQL Anywhere Studio thru the mail. Version 7.0.2 arrived. When I run the install I get a message that Install cant find MSDART32.dll ? Has anyone else run into this ? I will of course be contacting Sybase. Thanks in advance -- Bob It sounds like your MDAC installation is corrupt. The ASA install would install MDAC if it wasn't there, but it just checks the registry for verification. If MDAC were installed and...

Can I use ASE 12.5.2 64-bit license on an ASE 12.5.2 32-bit install
I want to install sybase ASE 12.5.2 on my machine (2GB of memory) but my license certificate has a 64 bit license only. Can I use the 64-bit license on my 32 bit ASE 12.5.2 installation? thanks Gemma No you cannot > I want to install sybase ASE 12.5.2 on my machine (2GB of > memory) but my license certificate has a 64 bit license > only. > > Can I use the 64-bit license on my 32 bit ASE 12.5.2 > installation? > > thanks > Gemma ...

Web resources about - Suggestions Please installing SQL Anywhere on 2.12 CE unit - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Suggestion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Suggestion is the psychological process by which one person guides the thoughts, feelings, or behaviour of another. Nineteenth century writers ...

Do You Like Facebook’s New Top Suggestions Layout?
Facebook revamped the layout of its top suggestions page, which, as the name implies, suggests pages for users to like . continued… New Career ...

What's your suggestion for an awesomely... - The Dish - Andrew Sullivan - Facebook
What's your suggestion for an awesomely bad Super PAC name?

Facebook to Use Facial Recognition to Provide Photo Tag Suggestions
Facebook has announced a new photo tag suggestions feature that utilizes facial recognition technology. When users upload photos, faces which ...

New tailored suggestions for you to follow on Twitter
... the first time, we want that process to be easy and fast. Currently, when new users come to Twitter, we show them all almost the same suggestions ...

Couple of suggestions for Fargo bloggers re Disqus comments.
Regarding Disqus comments: You can turn off the links to articles, if you don't care about revenue. Here's how: Go to the Disqus dashboard ...

New on Quora: Suggestions for Ask to Answer and... - Joel's Posts - Quora
One of the great parts of Quora is having a question answered by the perfect person, like a former Navy pilot who can explain what it's like ...

Suggestions by Hootsuite: Currently for Pro users only on the App Store on iTunes
Get Suggestions by Hootsuite: Currently for Pro users only on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Suggestion Box: Black Simon and Garfunkel Sing "All About That Bass" - YouTube
Jimmy welcomes back Black Simon and Garfunkel to sing Meghan Trainor's hit song "All About That Bass." Subscribe NOW to The Tonight Show Starring ...