Stored procedure and Delphi

Hello!

I use SQL Anywhere 5.5 as a SQL server and Delphi 5 as client applications
development tool.

I confront with a problem. I have some stored procedure. It takes no
parameters, and I want to execute it from my client application. All
actions are standard for it. I put a component TStoredProc on a form, make
all actions to connect it to a database and SP. It is a procedure that
executes selection. When I make StoredProc1.ExecProc I get a message about
error "Wrong number of parameters". When I add some dummy IN parameter into
SP that takes no part in SP work all pass normally. Why Delphi requires any
parameter for SP and can't work without it?
0
Nicolay_A

Hi, Nicolay

Look again in your code, if yours sp return value, you must define parameter
in Delphi for it. If you want return resultset, use TQuery instead.

Best wishes,
Oleg

0
Oleg
3/1/2001 1:43:12 PM
But if it doesn't return a result set, i.e., executes a creating of table
or view, the result is equal :(.
0
Nicolay_A
3/1/2001 3:11:14 PM
Can you post code for a stored proc that demonstrates the behavior you are
describing?  I am working with ASA 7.0.2 and Delphi 5 Pro, and have not
observed the behavior you are describing.

Mike Pasveer

<Nicolay_A._Vasiliev> wrote in message
> But if it doesn't return a result set, i.e., executes a creating of table
> or view, the result is equal :(.

0
Mike