Starting SQLAnywhere as a service

I can start the engine, server, and client as services and they run fine.
But if I add DBREMOTE to the mix I invariably get an error because NT tries
to run DBREMOTE before the engine.

Sybase Central allows me to indicate that the DBENG50 should be run before
DBREMOTE to get around this.

My problem is that I don't want to ship Sybase Central with the product.  I
would rather just have the installation program make the appropriate
registry entries itself.

Does anybody know what registry entries need to be made?

Thanks
Richard Speiss



0
Richard
6/2/1999 9:45:28 PM
sybase.sqlanywhere.general 32637 articles. 4 followers. Follow

5 Replies
519 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 37

In
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Services\SQLANYr_DBREMOTE

we have entries:

    DependOnGroup : REG_MULTI_SZ :
    DependOnService : REG_MULTI_SZ : SQLANYs_LIBSQA01 SQLANYo_LIBSQA01_OSG
SQLANYl_LIBSQA01_RAS

where:
    SQLANYs_LIBSQA01          = SQL Anywhere Server
    SQLANYo_LIBSQA01_OSG      = Open Server Gateway from Rep Server
    SQLANYl_LIBSQA01_RAS      = Replication Agent for SQL Anywhere


 HTH,

 Dick Dobbins
 The Liberty Corporation




Richard Speiss wrote in message <3uTI3DUr#GA.273@forums.sybase.com>...
>I can start the engine, server, and client as services and they run fine.
>But if I add DBREMOTE to the mix I invariably get an error because NT tries
>to run DBREMOTE before the engine.
>
>Sybase Central allows me to indicate that the DBENG50 should be run before
>DBREMOTE to get around this.
>
>My problem is that I don't want to ship Sybase Central with the product.  I
>would rather just have the installation program make the appropriate
>registry entries itself.
>
>Does anybody know what registry entries need to be made?
>
>Thanks
>Richard Speiss
>
>
>


0
Dick
6/3/1999 12:42:56 PM
We have a tech doc which describes how to set up the service dependencies:

http://techinfo.sybase.com:80/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=44582
NT Service Dependencies and DBREMOTE

--

---------------------------------------
Rob Waywell
Sybase
Please Respond to Newsgroups

Richard Speiss wrote in message <3uTI3DUr#GA.273@forums.sybase.com>...
>I can start the engine, server, and client as services and they run fine.
>But if I add DBREMOTE to the mix I invariably get an error because NT tries
>to run DBREMOTE before the engine.
>
>Sybase Central allows me to indicate that the DBENG50 should be run before
>DBREMOTE to get around this.
>
>My problem is that I don't want to ship Sybase Central with the product.  I
>would rather just have the installation program make the appropriate
>registry entries itself.
>
>Does anybody know what registry entries need to be made?
>
>Thanks
>Richard Speiss
>
>
>


0
Rob
6/3/1999 1:08:12 PM
I believe there are also third party utilities that help set up 
dependencies.  I don't have one so when you find one let me know. <g>
-- 
Jim Egan [TeamSybase]
Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com
Houston, TX
0
jegan
6/3/1999 2:14:28 PM
Thanks.  I will check these out

Richard Speiss

Dick Dobbins wrote in message <6JfCv4br#GA.206@forums.sybase.com>...
>In
>    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Services\SQLANYr_DBREMOTE
>
>we have entries:
>
>    DependOnGroup : REG_MULTI_SZ :
>    DependOnService : REG_MULTI_SZ : SQLANYs_LIBSQA01 SQLANYo_LIBSQA01_OSG
>SQLANYl_LIBSQA01_RAS
>
>where:
>    SQLANYs_LIBSQA01          = SQL Anywhere Server
>    SQLANYo_LIBSQA01_OSG      = Open Server Gateway from Rep Server
>    SQLANYl_LIBSQA01_RAS      = Replication Agent for SQL Anywhere
>
>
> HTH,
>
> Dick Dobbins
> The Liberty Corporation
>
>
>
>
>Richard Speiss wrote in message <3uTI3DUr#GA.273@forums.sybase.com>...
>>I can start the engine, server, and client as services and they run fine.
>>But if I add DBREMOTE to the mix I invariably get an error because NT
tries
>>to run DBREMOTE before the engine.
>>
>>Sybase Central allows me to indicate that the DBENG50 should be run before
>>DBREMOTE to get around this.
>>
>>My problem is that I don't want to ship Sybase Central with the product.
I
>>would rather just have the installation program make the appropriate
>>registry entries itself.
>>
>>Does anybody know what registry entries need to be made?
>>
>>Thanks
>>Richard Speiss
>>
>>
>>
>
>


0
Richard
6/3/1999 2:58:43 PM
Thanks.  I will download it and check it out

Richard Speiss

Rob Waywell wrote in message ...
>We have a tech doc which describes how to set up the service dependencies:
>
>http://techinfo.sybase.com:80/css/techinfo.nsf/DocID/ID=44582
>NT Service Dependencies and DBREMOTE
>
>--
>
>---------------------------------------
>Rob Waywell
>Sybase
>Please Respond to Newsgroups
>
>Richard Speiss wrote in message <3uTI3DUr#GA.273@forums.sybase.com>...
>>I can start the engine, server, and client as services and they run fine.
>>But if I add DBREMOTE to the mix I invariably get an error because NT
tries
>>to run DBREMOTE before the engine.
>>
>>Sybase Central allows me to indicate that the DBENG50 should be run before
>>DBREMOTE to get around this.
>>
>>My problem is that I don't want to ship Sybase Central with the product.
I
>>would rather just have the installation program make the appropriate
>>registry entries itself.
>>
>>Does anybody know what registry entries need to be made?
>>
>>Thanks
>>Richard Speiss
>>
>>
>>
>
>


0
Richard
6/3/1999 2:58:59 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere server
Currently i am using sqlanywhere and powerbuilder tool as my system development. And i am developing a standalone system. Let say, if i want to migrate my standalone system to client-server system, how do i do that? I heard that i need to have sqlanywhere(server engine) to deploy my system as client-server system. If so, do i need to install sqlanywhere(server engine) into window NT or just normal pc(treat as server). For client-server system, do i need to install sqlanywhere server at server and sqlanywhere client as normal pc where my program is installed? Could someone tell me where...

Starting SQLAnywhere Service automatically
Hi there! Does anybody know how I can start a NT-Service I created with dbsvc <params>. I don't want to start it by the Service-Manager but with ShellExecute(...,...) within a Programming Language. Is there command from Sybase or is it an API-Call? Thanks! I don't know what API call I'd use, but from a command prompt, I'd just use NET START and NET STOP. -- Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions Certified SQL Anywhere Associate Please reply only to the newsgroup ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm -> Choo...

Starting SQLAnywhere starts up Dialup connection
Can anyone suggest why this might happen on international verisons of win95. Local win95 does not have this problem. Start ODBC administrator, try test_connections, dialup connection starts Thanks If you don't need TCP/IP then be sure to specify only the protocol you need (-x IPX). If you are using TCP/IP then specify the IP address of the server (-x tcpip{HOST=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx}). -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Dynamic Data Solutions, Inc. http://www.dyn-data.com Houston, TX ... or reset then registry key Key = LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersio...

sqlanywhere vs. sqlanywhere.generel
What is the difference between the newsgroups sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere.general? Markus, There is no difference. We are working on consolidating the duplicate newsgroups. Watch for notices, it will tell you where the combined newsgroup will end up. Cheers, Jonathan Markus KARG wrote: > What is the difference between the newsgroups sqlanywhere and > sqlanywhere.general? > > -- Jonathan Baker Director, Sybase Developers Network (SDN) Sybase, Inc. http://www.sybase.com/developer bakerj@sybase.com Jonathan, in order to clarify:...

Migration from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11
Do I need to migrate the database file if i want to migrate my application from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11? or a databse file created by SQLAnywhere10 will run fine under SQLAnywhere 11? Jorge, From: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.php#http%3A%2F%2Fdcx.sybase.com%2F1100en%2Fsachanges_en11%2Fv10upgrade-up-sql-any-123456.html ======== Upgrading version 10.0.0 and later databases If you are upgrading from version 10.0.0 or later, you can either use the Upgrade utility or rebuild your database. Upgrading or rebuilding is an optional step because the version 11 software ...

start a SQLAnywhere databse
I am trying to start a SQL Anywhere databse using the following command: start dbeng7 e:\datadir\testdb.db I am getting the error, e:\datadir\testdb.db: unknown error. What should I do to get it fixed? Is E: a local (and not mapped) drive? If not, try it locally. If it is a local drive, you may have a corrupt database. Do you have a recovery plan? If so, now is the time to make use of it. /ck JTamminen wrote: > I am trying to start a SQL Anywhere databse using the following command: > > start dbeng7 e:\datadir\testdb.db > > I am getting the err...

Sqlanywhere.general missing?
I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a couple of weeks now. Has something changed? The newsgroups have moved to a new server. You will need to reset your news. -- Joshua Savill , SYBASE iAnywhere Solutions - Technical Support "James L. Blackburn" <jamesb@round2consulting.com> wrote in message news:il739v4jhptn8f7knlko9h5bk2pcjm9l08@4ax.com... > I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a > couple of weeks now. Has something changed? > > Same name, different IP address. It co...

Starting SQLAnywhere from Java
I am using Sybase JConnect JDBC driver quite successfully against a SQLAnywhere database through the Open Server Gateway. I am now trying to automate the starting of the Database Engine and Open Server gateway and could use some help. I have written a Java method that calls a single line DOS batch program as follows: dbeng50 -n testdb c:\test.db And the call works fine, and it displays a window showing the status of the engine as it opens and then minimizes once the engine is ready to accept requests. If I run it a second time it presents a message box that states "An engi...

SQLAnywhere fails from service
I have an NT service that tries to connect to a SQLAnywhere v5.0.2 database that is local. It fails with a "[Sybase][ODBC Driver]: db_init() failed" -- anybody know why this is? The service is logging in as a user with Administrative rights and the ODBC data source is a System DSN. Thanks, John Hmmm, I assume that the database is already created and it is also started as an NT service. Besides checking the command line parameters you might look at the dependencies for the service that is failing. It should be dependent on the database engine and start after ...

Sqlanywhere wont start at all
I have inadvertantly disabled both ISQL.EXE and DBENG50.EXE. Possibly by deleting a needed DLL. When I start either of these programs I get a message as follows: The instruction at 00401033 referenced memory at fffffff The memory could not be read from I was cleaning up one day and deleted some shared files. I tried to re-install the entire Powerbuilder suite from scratch even to the point of removing all references to Powersoft products from the registry before install but to no avail. Can anyone give me an idea what to do? Please reply to rich@burlingtoncamera.c...

About SQLAnywhere...
Hello, I�ve developed a program with PowerBuilder 6.5 and the Sybase SQL Anywhere engine. I have a question: Can I distribuit my application with these engine?, or I have to obtain a license por each machine for instalation?. Thanks in advance On Thu, 26 Nov 1998 17:45:30 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Oscar Miranda <omiranda@sia.com.mx> wrote: >Hello, I�ve developed a program with PowerBuilder 6.5 and the Sybase SQL >Anywhere engine. I have a question: Can I distribuit my application with >these engine?, or I have to obtain a license por ea...

getting error after upgrading from sqlanywhere 7 to sqlanywhere 9
i'm using sybase sql server any where 7 and by using dbsrv7.exe i'm able to create db. it's working fine. no issues. now i'm upgrading to sybase sql server any where 9 and by using dbsrv9.exe i created db. this time when i'm using sysindexes table of sybase i'm getting error as Table name 'sysindexes' is ambiguous exception com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException because ASA Error -852: Table name 'sysindexes' is ambiguous com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: ASA Error -852: Table name 'sysindexes' is ambiguous at com.sybase.jdbc2...

upgrade Problems: SQLAnywhere not starting
Hi, Recently upgraded the eas studio 7.0. Adaptive SQL Anywhere has problems starting. Got the following error -------------- The Dynamic Link Library dbctrs6.dll could not be found in specified directory d:/ProgramFiles/Sybase/AdaptiveSQlAnywhere ----------- Because of the above unable to manage PowerDynamo. Any input is appreciated Thanks HI. I reinstalled Adaptive SQL Anywhere. It seems to be working Thanks Suresh Subrmaniam wrote: > Hi, > > Recently upgraded the eas studio 7.0. > > Adaptive SQL Anywhere has problems starting. Got the fol...

Web resources about - Starting SQLAnywhere as a service - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager ( TSM or ITSM ) is a centralized, policy-based, enterprise class, data backup and recovery package. The software enables ...

Archives - Caelum's Blog
Caelum's Blog Random Stuff Navigation Home - Articles Tags 256colors 64 64bit 8 activeperl activestate advent ajax alsa amd64 asa asus automation ...

keynote bingo - Google Search
Search Images Maps Play YouTube News Gmail Drive More Calendar Translate Mobile Books Wallet Shopping Blogger Finance Photos Videos Even more ...

Mobile and Wireless Partners - Partners - Sybase Inc
Thanks for visiting the Partners section of Sybase.com. Here you will find information about Mobile and Wireless Partners - Partners. For more ...

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere
„Good Partner - quick and reliable answers! Fast "delivery" by Email. Everybody can count on them." Tímea Steigervald, Product Manager Kvazar-Micro ...

Browse file extension list beginning with letter A
Browse file extension list beginning with letter A - File-Extensions.org search page

OpenLink ODBC Adapter for Ruby on Rails: OpenLink ODBC Adapter for Ruby on Rails: Downloads
OpenLink ODBC Adapter for Ruby on Rails: OpenLink ODBC Adapter for Ruby on Rails: Downloads

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere
„Good Partner - quick and reliable answers! Fast "delivery" by Email. Everybody can count on them." Tímea Steigervald, Product Manager Kvazar-Micro ...

IBM - sqlanywhere
„Good Partner - quick and reliable answers! Fast "delivery" by Email. Everybody can count on them." Tímea Steigervald, Product Manager Kvazar-Micro ...

Datenaustausch - sqlanywhere
„Good Partner - quick and reliable answers! Fast "delivery" by Email. Everybody can count on them." Tímea Steigervald, Product Manager Kvazar-Micro ...

Resources last updated: 12/26/2015 3:58:44 AM