SQLWindows 5.03/SQLAnywhere 5.0 via ODBC

We are using  SQLWindows 5.03 with SQLAnywhere via ODBC.

Has anyone used Stored procedures with SQLWindows ? We have had problems
returning result sets to SQLWindows. OdrPrepareProc function doesn't get
the result set returned by SQLAnywhere. This works with MS SQLServer.
Inserting, updating and deleting works fine with SQLAnywhere.

Thanks in advance,

kyosti.ylijoki@sunit.fi
0
ME

"ME" <postmaster@sunit.fi> wrote:

>We are using  SQLWindows 5.03 with SQLAnywhere via ODBC.

>Has anyone used Stored procedures with SQLWindows ? We have had problems
>returning result sets to SQLWindows. OdrPrepareProc function doesn't get
>the result set returned by SQLAnywhere. This works with MS SQLServer.
>Inserting, updating and deleting works fine with SQLAnywhere.

>Thanks in advance,

>kyosti.ylijoki@sunit.fi

Hi!

Delighted to hear of somebody else using SqlAnywhere with SQLWindows.
We use this combination in a couple of projects, and now find it
excellent since Gupta improved the use of ODBC sources in SQLWindows.

I have not tried SQLAnywhere stored procedures with SQLWindows but the
problem you describe is exactly the same as I found using SQLAnywhere
with Delphi, i.e. procedures which just manipulate data work, but
those which return result sets do not. This suggests that the problem
is on the SQLAnywhere side. I can't suggest a proper solution at
present, but SQLAnywhere stored functions work fine in ordinary SELECT
statements which allows some degree of flexibility.

-Michael Scott

0
j_and_k_willey
5/21/1997 4:35:13 PM
"ME" <postmaster@sunit.fi> wrote:

>We are using  SQLWindows 5.03 with SQLAnywhere via ODBC.

>Has anyone used Stored procedures with SQLWindows ? We have had problems
>returning result sets to SQLWindows. OdrPrepareProc function doesn't get
>the result set returned by SQLAnywhere. This works with MS SQLServer.
>Inserting, updating and deleting works fine with SQLAnywhere.

>Thanks in advance,

>kyosti.ylijoki@sunit.fi

Hi!

Delighted to hear of somebody else using SqlAnywhere with SQLWindows.
We use this combination in a couple of projects, and now find it
excellent since Gupta improved the use of ODBC sources in SQLWindows.

I have not tried SQLAnywhere stored procedures with SQLWindows but the
problem you describe is exactly the same as I found using SQLAnywhere
with Delphi, i.e. procedures which just manipulate data work, but
those which return result sets do not. This suggests that the problem
is on the SQLAnywhere side. I can't suggest a proper solution at
present, but SQLAnywhere stored functions work fine in ordinary SELECT
statements which allows some degree of flexibility.

-Michael Scott

0
j_and_k_willey
5/23/1997 2:12:10 PM
Justin Willey wrote:
> problem you describe is exactly the same as I found using SQLAnywhere
> with Delphi, i.e. procedures which just manipulate data work, but
> those which return result sets do not.		It's true that sybase's storedProc that have a result set (as well as those
who don't) are sometimes a pain in the butt, but they DO work quite well in Delphi,
with the help of a little massaging here and there.  In fact, in our projet, 80% of
the results sets are done using stored proc.

--
Jean-Francois Claeys
Programmeur Gestion Infopharm

Jean-francois Claeys wrote:

> Justin Willey wrote:
> > problem you describe is exactly the same as I found using
> SQLAnywhere
> > with Delphi, i.e. procedures which just manipulate data work, but
> > those which return result sets do not.                It's true that
> sybase's storedProc that have a result set (as well as those
> who don't) are sometimes a pain in the butt, but they DO work quite
> well in Delphi,
> with the help of a little massaging here and there.  In fact, in our
> projet, 80% of
> the results sets are done using stored proc.
>
> --
> Jean-Francois Claeys
> Programmeur Gestion Infopharm
> http://www.dsuper.net/~jfranc

 Can someone out there please let me know what needs to be done in order
to get
sql anywhere stored procedures ( ones which return a dataset) to work
with delphi.....

Many thanks
satish@thetsn.com

--------------81A0575CF705CB52A00B9688

<HTML>
Jean-francois Claeys wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE>Justin Willey wrote:
<BR>> problem you describe is exactly the same as I found using SQLAnywhere
<BR>> with Delphi, i.e. procedures which just manipulate data work, but
<BR>> those which return result sets do not.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
It's true that sybase's storedProc that have a result set (as well as those
<BR>who don't) are sometimes a pain in the butt, but they DO work quite
well in Delphi,
<BR>with the help of a little massaging here and there.&nbsp; In fact,
in our projet, 80% of
<BR>the results sets are done using stored proc.

<P>--
<BR>Jean-Francois Claeys
<BR>Programmeur Gestion Infopharm
<BR><A HREF="http://www.dsuper.net/~jfranc">http://www.dsuper.net/~jfranc</A></BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;Can someone out there please let me know what needs to be done in
order to get
<BR>sql anywhere stored procedures ( ones which return a dataset) to work
with delphi.....

<P>Many thanks
<BR>satish@thetsn.com</HTML>

--------------81A0575CF705CB52A00B9688--

0
Satish

SQLAnywhere INNER JOINS Differ from 5.0.03 to 5.5.04?????
I have the following query in SqlAnywhere: SELECT ( IF sn.IsMainName = '1' THEN sn.ShFullName ELSE left( String( sn.ShFullName, ' (', sh.ShFullName, ')'), 40) ENDIF ) AS ShFullName, c.ClntChrtID, c.ClntActvtyStatus AS _, Sh.PrsnDob, Sh.PrsnSex, Sh.ShId, Sh.Status, a.shPhone1, a.shAddrss1, a.shAddrss2, a.shCity FROM ShName sn JOIN Sh ON sn.ShId = sh.ShId JOIN Clnt c on c.ClntShId = sh.ShId LEFT OUTER JOIN ShAddrss a ON c.ClntShId = a.ShId AND a.OwnrHwSiteId = c.OwnrHwSiteId WHERE Sh.Statu...

Trouble sharing a dbclient ODBC connection between two processes on web server SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5
Hello, I am trying to tie a whole bunch of legacy components together with a new reporting engine and I've come across an interesting problem. I have a W2k Web server that is connecting to an NT4.0 SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.5 database server via an ODBC dbclient connection. The web server is running classic ASP pages for the bulk of the web site, with a single ASP.net section for viewing reports. Everything works great and I can connect to the database as long as I have only one of the connections active - either the ASP or ASP.net site. As soon as I try to connect both at ...

ASA6 or SQLAnywhere 5.5 on Netware 5.0?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------E6256398D09B1293B9B2E246 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Does anyone know if either ASA6.0 or SQLAnywhere 5.5x will run on Netware 5.0? I've asked Sybase several times (in the past 3 month period) and I still haven't received an answer. TIA, Bernard Mikowski --------------E6256398D09B1293B9B2E246 Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Bernard Mikowski Content-Di...

From SQLAnywhere 5.5.0.4 to ASA in PB6.5
Hi all, I am upgrading our single user PB application to a multiuser application We are using as backend Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0.1.1165. Now I have a serious problem: when insert a row into a table, which has an autoincremental field as primary key, the new key value is not returned to my datawindow/datastore and I really have selected the primary key as identifier. I have been looking in the file PBODB60.ini but I have not found a section with [ADAPTIVE SERVER ANYWHERE]. Should there be such a section ??? Is there someone who can help with getting my autoincremental ke...

error -83 using PB.6.0 and sqlanywhere 5.5.03
Hi, I have a SQL Anywhere server database sitting on a dedicated NT Server. I run the application from my client and I connect to the server database without any problems. However, a second developer attempts to run the application from his workstation and tries to connect to the same database the following messsage is received: -83 SQLSTATE = 08001 [Sybase] [ODBC Driver] Unable to connect to database server: specified database not found I can connect many processes to the same database from a single workstation, but the moment I try and connect from another workstation...

Access Violation in SQLAnyWhere 5.5.03 under NT 4.0 Workstation / SP3
My company has a suite of applications that form a retail back-office system, developed using VB 4.0 and SQL AnyWhere, accessed via ODBC. The operating system platform is NT 4.0 Workstation, configured as small, 2-5 workstation peer-to-peer networks, with one workstation in the group functioning as the database server. The applications run on a 24x7 basis, though NT is programmatically logged off and on at scheduled times to perform automated maintenance tasks at night. All was working smoothly under 5.0.03, though performance was sometimes a problem. A couple of months ago, we began...

User Error Messages within PB5.0.02 and SQLAnywhere 5.5.03
I would like to know how to trigger a User Exception and display that error message within PB. I have created a user error message with sp_addmessage with a ID of 20000. I have created a dummy table with 2 columns: field 1 - autoincrement; field 2 - char(10). I created a pre-insert trigger that simply had one line - raiserror 20000. This does not seem to work. What is happening is the insert is still occurring (ie NO error is reported). So could someone please help. Thanks. I use this all the time, and it works fine. You might wan to post the trigger defn so we can get ...

5.5.03 Server + 5.5.0 Clients?
We have an OS/2 server running the 5.5.0 engine. Sometimes we encounter assertions and would like to apply the patch 5.5.03. All clients are remote and communicate over IPX/SPX. Some clients use ODBC, others use ESQL. Is it possible to apply the patch to the server without updating the clients? Thanks for your help Tobias -- ====================================================================== Dipl.-Ing. Tobias Krueger Tel.: +49 6103 5881-41 Giegerich & Partner GmbH Fax: +49 6103 5881-49 Daimlerstrasse, D-63303 Dreieich eM...

Dbremote 5.5.0 and 5.5.03 Crash.
Have a problem with dbremote crashing. I have 4 remote sites. At one of the remotes site and the consolidated site, dbremote crashes (GPF or something) after it prints Processing Active Transaction Log and before it prints anything else. This has had some unfortunate side effects. It appears that data was getting to the consolidated site, but not back out. Except for the one remote site. Any ideas? Wayne@aprompt.com Wayne, I have not had GPF problems but did have trouble similar to yours where stuff was coming in okay from the remotes but not replicating out correctly....

SQLAnywhere 9.0.0 (1108) with Clarion 5.5
I'm having an Identity crisis <g>. I have used code like this for several years, and never with any problem. I insert a record and then use @@Identity to retrieve the autoincremented sysid of the inserted record. Last week, a user ran a process (which does generally work and has been running very smoothly) and instead of retrieving the sysid from the inserted record, @@Identity returned the sysid of a completely different record that had been inserted several minutes earlier than the one just added. I can't recreate the problem either. Any ideas? Thanks!! Here is t...

SQLAnywhere 5.5.04ebf(1868), 5.5.05
Hello! I have recieved message from "owner-inews-tech-sqlanywhere@sybase.com" with Subject "Delphi users". Where can I obtain new ebf(s)? I found only 5.5.03 in the Software library. (http://support.sybase.com/esd/sqlany.html) ==== Subject: Bug Fix / Enhancement (PTrack 479443) - .... Summary: Delphi can't insert Blobs > 32k - SQLBindParameter only inserted the first 32k of a given buffer. Versions affected: 5.5.x Versions fixed: 5.5.04ebf(1868), 5.5.05 P4 change number: 52135, 52298 Modules affected: wod50 .... === You'll have to contact Tech ...

SQLAnywhere 5.0 with VB 6 ADO via ODBC
How do I properly connect a VB6 application to a SQLAnywhere db via ODBC? I'm trying to connect my own program to our companies database to get some data out. The ODBC connection called KSRTEST works fine as our standard software already uses it. However, if I run my program I get the following error message: Error -2147217843(80040e4d) [Sybase][ODBC Driver]Watcom SQL rejected connection: invalid parameter Here is the code: -------------------------------------------------------- Dim KSRDaten As Adodc Private WithEvents adoCn As ADODB.Connection Private WithEvents adoRs ...

SQLAnywhere 5.5 ODBC driver
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------BA2B164F9A2D6643776A387B Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Could anybody please tell me if the ODBC driver for SQL Anywhere 5.5 on Windows NT is multithreaded?? I need this information to decide if I should use DB Pools or a database object on Netscape Live Wire. Thanks Thomas --------------BA2B164F9A2D6643776A387B Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Content-Description: Card for Thomas Bednarz Content-Disp...

ODBC Drivers for sqlanywhere 5.5?
I need to connect to a sqlaw 5.5 server through odbc. Can someone please tell me what I have to do/install to get odbc working? TIA John 1) MDAC 2.1 or better will install ODBC 3.51, you can get this at microsoft.com. 2) SA 5.5 Client install will install the ODBC driver you need. <John52> wrote in message news:4DC24ABEC11EE4C600009B0785256A2A.00009B1685256A2A@webforums... > I need to connect to a sqlaw 5.5 server through odbc. Can someone > please tell me what I have to do/install to get odbc working? TIA > > John ...

Web resources about - SQLWindows 5.03/SQLAnywhere 5.0 via ODBC - sybase.sqlanywhere.general