sqlanywhere vs. sqlanywhere.generel

What is the difference between the newsgroups sqlanywhere and
sqlanywhere.general?

0
Markus

Markus,

There is no difference.

We are working on consolidating the duplicate newsgroups.  Watch for
notices, it will tell you where the combined newsgroup will end up.

Cheers,
Jonathan

--
Jonathan Baker
Director, Sybase Developers Network (SDN)

http://www.sybase.com/developer
bakerj@sybase.com
0
Jonathan
1/15/2009 11:41:01 PM
Jonathan,

in order to clarify: "no difference" w.r.t. the main topics and purposes of
both newsgroups?
AFAIK, they really *do* differ in their contents
("sybase.public.sqlanywhere" has much less threads) and in their public
awareness - I just came over the "sybase.public.sqlanywhere" NG by incident
some months ago.

So I'm glad to hear about the consolidation going on :)

Regards
Volker

"Jonathan Baker [Sybase]" <lastnamefirstinitial@sybase.com> wrote in
> Markus,
>
> There is no difference.
>
> We are working on consolidating the duplicate newsgroups.  Watch for
> notices, it will tell you where the combined newsgroup will end up.
>

> Cheers,
> Jonathan
>

> Markus KARG wrote:
> > What is the difference between the newsgroups sqlanywhere and
> > sqlanywhere.general?
> >

> --
> Jonathan Baker
> Director, Sybase Developers Network (SDN)
> Sybase, Inc.
>
> http://www.sybase.com/developer
> bakerj@sybase.com

0
Volker
1/16/2009 8:17:16 AM
Volker,

No problem.  You are correct - the only difference is the number of
threads.  My team is working to clean those up to make it easier to find
information.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Jonathan