SqlAnywhere ODBC

My current version of WOD50T.DLL (ODBC driver for Win NT) is 5.05.02.1495.

Is there a later version and if so where can I download it?

Thanks in advance...

Phillip McNeill
0
Phillip_McNeill

The current version is 5.5.05. To download, go to downloads.sybase.com. You
will need to sign up for a Sybase web account which can be done from that
page.

The ODBC DLL is only part of the required files so make sure that you
install the product and not just copy that one file.

/ck

<Phillip_McNeill> wrote in message
> My current version of WOD50T.DLL (ODBC driver for Win NT) is 5.05.02.1495.
>
> Is there a later version and if so where can I download it?
>
> Thanks in advance...
>
> Phillip McNeill

0
Chris
7/1/2001 2:51:28 AM
PMFJI... I went to downloads.sybase.com and search all over for an ODBC
installation, and all I could find was for sybase enterprise (ODBC version
12).  Could you specify a bit more please?  Is there a download for just the
ODBC drivers that I can take to the client machines?

Best regards,
Edgard

"Chris Keating" <keating@ianywhere.com> wrote in message
> The current version is 5.5.05. To download, go to downloads.sybase.com.
You
> will need to sign up for a Sybase web account which can be done from that
> page.
>
> The ODBC DLL is only part of the required files so make sure that you
> install the product and not just copy that one file.
>
> /ck
>
> <Phillip_McNeill> wrote in message
> > My current version of WOD50T.DLL (ODBC driver for Win NT) is
5.05.02.1495.

> > Is there a later version and if so where can I download it?
> >
> > Thanks in advance...
> >
> > Phillip McNeill

0
Edgard
7/3/2001 4:40:00 PM
You can follow the instructions in my footer to download the v5505 maintenance release.  There is no such thing as a
ODBC driver download for ASA (or SQL Anywhere).  You will need to upgrade the engine (server, standalone or client) with
the ODBC driver.

--
Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
Certified SQL Anywhere Associate

ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
   -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
   -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL and click "GO"

"Edgard L. Riba" <elriba@rimith.com> wrote in message news:0FJcUJ#ABHA.206@forums.sybase.com...
> PMFJI... I went to downloads.sybase.com and search all over for an ODBC
> installation, and all I could find was for sybase enterprise (ODBC version
> 12).  Could you specify a bit more please?  Is there a download for just the
> ODBC drivers that I can take to the client machines?
>
> Best regards,
> Edgard
>
> "Chris Keating" <keating@ianywhere.com> wrote in message
> > The current version is 5.5.05. To download, go to downloads.sybase.com.
> You
> > will need to sign up for a Sybase web account which can be done from that
> > page.
> >
> > The ODBC DLL is only part of the required files so make sure that you
> > install the product and not just copy that one file.
> >
> > /ck
> >
> > <Phillip_McNeill> wrote in message
> > > My current version of WOD50T.DLL (ODBC driver for Win NT) is
> 5.05.02.1495.
> > >
> > > Is there a later version and if so where can I download it?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance...
> > >
> > > Phillip McNeill

0
Reg
7/3/2001 5:07:24 PM
There is no separate download for the ODBC drivers.
You have to download the maintenance release for SQL Anywhere to get the ODBC
drivers.

--
Jason Hinsperger
International and Sustaining Engineering

"Edgard L. Riba" wrote:

> PMFJI... I went to downloads.sybase.com and search all over for an ODBC
> installation, and all I could find was for sybase enterprise (ODBC version
> 12).  Could you specify a bit more please?  Is there a download for just the
> ODBC drivers that I can take to the client machines?
>
> Best regards,
> Edgard
>
> "Chris Keating" <keating@ianywhere.com> wrote in message
> > The current version is 5.5.05. To download, go to downloads.sybase.com.
> You
> > will need to sign up for a Sybase web account which can be done from that
> > page.
> >
> > The ODBC DLL is only part of the required files so make sure that you
> > install the product and not just copy that one file.
> >
> > /ck
> >
> > <Phillip_McNeill> wrote in message
> > > My current version of WOD50T.DLL (ODBC driver for Win NT) is
> 5.05.02.1495.
> > >
> > > Is there a later version and if so where can I download it?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance...
> > >
> > > Phillip McNeill

0
Jason

sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere server
Currently i am using sqlanywhere and powerbuilder tool as my system development. And i am developing a standalone system. Let say, if i want to migrate my standalone system to client-server system, how do i do that? I heard that i need to have sqlanywhere(server engine) to deploy my system as client-server system. If so, do i need to install sqlanywhere(server engine) into window NT or just normal pc(treat as server). For client-server system, do i need to install sqlanywhere server at server and sqlanywhere client as normal pc where my program is installed? Could someone tell me where...

Update Fails to SQLAnywhere, but PB/ODBC/SQLAnywhere returns Success...
I recently dropped a reply in the SQLAnywhere Newsgroup regarding the question of "Death by Curly Brackets" and am not even sure the problem we're experiencing is related, BUT basically, if we have a variable in an SQLA table of type "char" and then declare an internal host variable in Powerbuilder 6.0, and execute an Insert or an Update against the table, PB and/or SQLA both return success, but the table DOES NOT get updated... here's futher details... Check out the ODBC dump below, is this a bug in PB, ODBC, SQLAnywhere or ALL of the above ANY HELP IS ...

sqlanywhere vs. sqlanywhere.generel
What is the difference between the newsgroups sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere.general? Markus, There is no difference. We are working on consolidating the duplicate newsgroups. Watch for notices, it will tell you where the combined newsgroup will end up. Cheers, Jonathan Markus KARG wrote: > What is the difference between the newsgroups sqlanywhere and > sqlanywhere.general? > > -- Jonathan Baker Director, Sybase Developers Network (SDN) Sybase, Inc. http://www.sybase.com/developer bakerj@sybase.com Jonathan, in order to clarify:...

Migration from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11
Do I need to migrate the database file if i want to migrate my application from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11? or a databse file created by SQLAnywhere10 will run fine under SQLAnywhere 11? Jorge, From: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.php#http%3A%2F%2Fdcx.sybase.com%2F1100en%2Fsachanges_en11%2Fv10upgrade-up-sql-any-123456.html ======== Upgrading version 10.0.0 and later databases If you are upgrading from version 10.0.0 or later, you can either use the Upgrade utility or rebuild your database. Upgrading or rebuilding is an optional step because the version 11 software ...

ODBC problem with SQLAnywhere
I have an application developed in PowerBuilder 6.0 general release and being run on various flavors of Windows 95. Some of my clients are complaining that they cannot connect to the SQLAnywhere database. It fails with the following message: DB Error Code: 999 DB Error Message: SQLSTATE =IM004 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed I am using Version 5.5.04 Build #1867 of SQLAnywhere. The funny thing is that before I upgraded the application from PB 5.0.01 to PB 6.0, no one had problems connecting to the database. The only thing...

About SQLAnywhere...
Hello, I�ve developed a program with PowerBuilder 6.5 and the Sybase SQL Anywhere engine. I have a question: Can I distribuit my application with these engine?, or I have to obtain a license por each machine for instalation?. Thanks in advance On Thu, 26 Nov 1998 17:45:30 -0600, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Oscar Miranda <omiranda@sia.com.mx> wrote: >Hello, I�ve developed a program with PowerBuilder 6.5 and the Sybase SQL >Anywhere engine. I have a question: Can I distribuit my application with >these engine?, or I have to obtain a license por ea...

sqlanywhere ODBC error
I had a strange problem with crystal report 5.0. I create a stored proc in sybase SQLAnywhere. When I try to insert it into crystal report, I got an error: ODBC error: [Sybase][ODBC Driver]An invalid ibScale value was specified The stored procedure I try to insert has one parameter char(10). If I changed the parameter type to decimal(10), it works fine. Platform: window95 version: sqlanywhere 5.5.02 Anybody see this before? Any suggestion? ...

ODBC problem with SQLAnywhere
I have an application developed in PowerBuilder 6.0 general release and being run on various flavors of Windows 95. Some of my clients are complaining that they cannot connect to the SQLAnywhere database. It fails with the following message: DB Error Code: 999 DB Error Message: SQLSTATE =IM004 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager]Driver's SQLAllocHandle on SQL_HANDLE_ENV failed I am using Version 5.5.04 Build #1867 of SQLAnywhere. The funny thing is that before I upgraded the application from PB 5.0.01 to PB 6.0, no one had problems connecting to the database. The only thing...

SQLAnywhere ODBC Driver
Does anyone know if there is a limit to the amount of text that can be returned from the database? I am using the 5.05? version of SQLAnywhere (driver w0d50t.dll dated 12-18-96) with Cold Fusion. It appears that once a a char(500) field contains over a certain amount of text, the ODBC driver returns nothing. Mary Ellen There was a problem with Power++ and SQL Anywhere 5.5.03 where it had problems with strings over 127 characters. 5.5.04 resolved that problem. -- Jim Egan [TeamPS] Dealer Solutions, LLC Houston, TX ...

Sqlanywhere.general missing?
I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a couple of weeks now. Has something changed? The newsgroups have moved to a new server. You will need to reset your news. -- Joshua Savill , SYBASE iAnywhere Solutions - Technical Support "James L. Blackburn" <jamesb@round2consulting.com> wrote in message news:il739v4jhptn8f7knlko9h5bk2pcjm9l08@4ax.com... > I have not been able to get to the sqlanywhere.general news group in a > couple of weeks now. Has something changed? > > Same name, different IP address. It co...

WINDOWS 98 ODBC WITH SQLANYWHERE (versus working WINDOWS 95 ODBC MACHINE)
Our organization recently added a 3rd new PC to our little network. The PC came with WINDOWS 98. The new PC will be a client on the network. Our POWERBUILDER 5.0 / SQLAnywhere application is running fine on the two other machines (using WINDOWS 95 and ODBC drivers to SQLAnywhere). When I run the applicaton through POWERBUILDER on the NEW Windows 98 machine (seperate from the other two Windows 95 machines), I get one of three error messages below. 1) DATABASE ERROR: SQLSTATE 08001 [Sybase][ODBC Driver] Unable to connect to database server: unable to start database engine. ...

SQLAnywhere ODBC problems
I have developed an PB application under: windows NT 4.0 PowerBuilder EnterPrise 5.0 It was tested Ok in the above platform. Then I deployed it to Windows 95(without PB5 development). When I start the application. The following error message appears: "DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current installation." My DB is a SQLAnywhere database. I just don't know what's wrong with my application. In the Install Builder, I defined the following reuseable components: PowerBuilder Runtime Dlls(32-bits) SQL Anywhere (32-bits) ODBC Connectivity Drivers(32-bits) S...

ODBC/Watcom/sqlanywhere
I'm not sure if this is the right place to be asking, but: I've been asked to create an application that pulls data out of one custom application and puts it into another custom application. The source application appears to be using watcom SQL 32 (RT32W.exe 10/12/93) as it's database driver (I have no documentation from the source application). The target application is an Access97 database. I can see the Watcom ODBC data source in the 16 bit ODBC setup in Windows95. I can link to the tables in the data source with Access 2.0 with no problems (via ODBC). Access97 wa...

getting error after upgrading from sqlanywhere 7 to sqlanywhere 9
i'm using sybase sql server any where 7 and by using dbsrv7.exe i'm able to create db. it's working fine. no issues. now i'm upgrading to sybase sql server any where 9 and by using dbsrv9.exe i created db. this time when i'm using sysindexes table of sybase i'm getting error as Table name 'sysindexes' is ambiguous exception com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException because ASA Error -852: Table name 'sysindexes' is ambiguous com.sybase.jdbc2.jdbc.SybSQLException: ASA Error -852: Table name 'sysindexes' is ambiguous at com.sybase.jdbc2...

Web resources about - SqlAnywhere ODBC - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere