SQLAnyWhere Database Server

How do you connect, in PowerBuilder, to a SQL AnyWhere database server
without it running as yet?

0
Ben

I have answered in the PB newsgroup...

"Ben Lahoy" <blahoy@datavantage.com> wrote in message
> How do you connect, in PowerBuilder, to a SQL AnyWhere database server
> without it running as yet?

0
Chris
7/1/2003 8:36:39 PM
I think further explanation would greatly help clarify my dilema:

- comp1 - App is running
- comp2 - the database is running
- comp1 does not have the ODBC connection in the control panel and also it
does not have a client database set up
- comp2 has the ODBC Server connection set up in the control panel
- comp2 server is actually down or not running
- comp1 needs to connect to comp2 server (not running) and delete some
records in the server's tables via PowerBuilder

"Chris Keating" <Spam_Free_keating@iAnywhere.com> wrote in message
> I have answered in the PB newsgroup...
>
> "Ben Lahoy" <blahoy@datavantage.com> wrote in message
> > How do you connect, in PowerBuilder, to a SQL AnyWhere database server
> > without it running as yet?

0
Ben
7/1/2003 8:43:20 PM
You can get by with no connection setup in the control panel on comp1 by
connecting through a file-based DSN.  The ASA database driver must still be
installed on comp1 however.

> I think further explanation would greatly help clarify my dilema:
>
> - comp1 - App is running
> - comp2 - the database is running
> - comp1 does not have the ODBC connection in the control panel and also it
> does not have a client database set up
> - comp2 has the ODBC Server connection set up in the control panel
> - comp2 server is actually down or not running
> - comp1 needs to connect to comp2 server (not running) and delete some
> records in the server's tables via PowerBuilder
>
> "Chris Keating" <Spam_Free_keating@iAnywhere.com> wrote in message
> > I have answered in the PB newsgroup...
> >
> > "Ben Lahoy" <blahoy@datavantage.com> wrote in message
> > > How do you connect, in PowerBuilder, to a SQL AnyWhere database server
> > > without it running as yet?

0
Erik
7/1/2003 9:28:26 PM
Could you give me more info on this.  How, what should I do this?

"Erik Anderson" <erikba@teamworkgroup.com> wrote in message
> You can get by with no connection setup in the control panel on comp1 by
> connecting through a file-based DSN.  The ASA database driver must still
be
> installed on comp1 however.
>
> "Ben Lahoy" <blahoy@datavantage.com> wrote in message
> > I think further explanation would greatly help clarify my dilema:
> >
> > - comp1 - App is running
> > - comp2 - the database is running
> > - comp1 does not have the ODBC connection in the control panel and also
it
> > does not have a client database set up
> > - comp2 has the ODBC Server connection set up in the control panel
> > - comp2 server is actually down or not running
> > - comp1 needs to connect to comp2 server (not running) and delete some
> > records in the server's tables via PowerBuilder
> >
> > "Chris Keating" <Spam_Free_keating@iAnywhere.com> wrote in message
> > > I have answered in the PB newsgroup...
> > >
> > > "Ben Lahoy" <blahoy@datavantage.com> wrote in message

0
Ben

sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere server
Currently i am using sqlanywhere and powerbuilder tool as my system development. And i am developing a standalone system. Let say, if i want to migrate my standalone system to client-server system, how do i do that? I heard that i need to have sqlanywhere(server engine) to deploy my system as client-server system. If so, do i need to install sqlanywhere(server engine) into window NT or just normal pc(treat as server). For client-server system, do i need to install sqlanywhere server at server and sqlanywhere client as normal pc where my program is installed? Could someone tell me where...

SQLAnywhere DataBase Server & Unix
Hi, I have developed a Java applet using SQLAnywhere and DBAnywhere on Win95. Now I would like to deploy the applet and the Database on a Unix platform (Silicon Graphics-IRIX). But I think there is not any SQLAnywhere DataBase Server available for such platform and so it is not possible to use SQLAnywhere in a client/server environment (I have already downloaded the SQLAnywhere for UNIX but I can't find any dbserver or dbclient application). Which other application could I use ? Help would be very appreciated ...

SqlAnywhere vs. Advantage Database Server
Hello i don't know, whether that's the correct newsgroup - but i have a question to the new sybase ADS. is the Advantage Database Server the follow-up to the Sql-Anywhere ? or what are the differences between the ADS and the Anywhere? have anyone information for my questions..... thank's in advance Michael No - the Advantage Database Server is a completely separate product. It was added to the iAnywhere portfolio of database products due to the acquisition of Extended Systems. Advantage has a large installed customer base of former Extended Systems customer...

Upgrade SqlAnywhere Server 5.0 auf SqlAnywhere 7.0
Hello, We want to upgrade our SqlAnywhere database server from 5.0 to 7.0. How does this work? Please help me. Many thanks, Gerhard You can either unload/reload or upgrade the database. The documentation discusses this. BTW ASA7 is currently in limited support. Current versions are ASA8 and ASA9 so it would be wise to consider going to a later version. <Gerhard> wrote in message news:41e3a189.7488.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hello, > We want to upgrade our SqlAnywhere database server from 5.0 > to 7.0. How does this work? Please help me. > > Many th...

Unable to start database server in SQLANYWHERE 11.
I am trying to create a new database in SQL ANYWHERE 11.0.1 and I am getting the following errors using the Create Database Wizard and I am getting the following errors: Unable to start database server [Sybase][ODBC Driver][SQL Anywhere]Unable to start database server Error code=-80 SQL state=08001 Any clue as to what might be causing this? ...

Can SQLAnywhere server access 2 databases simultaneously
I have SQL server running on NT. I need one application to access the current database named sqldb, and another application to access a new database named newtrace. Both of the database files reside in the same directory on the server (e:\data). This is my current command line [d:\sqlany50\win32\dbsrv50.exe -n sqldb e:\data\sqldb.db] 1. What do I need to do on the server side to make both databases available? This is my current command line on the client side [c:\sqlany50\win32\dbclient -x tcpip -n sqldb -ga] 2. How do I start the client to access the new database na...

Database Server not found after upgrade from ASA 9 to SQLAnywhere 11
Our database server was running under ASA 9 and we were connecting from client computers using the following odbc profile... [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBC.INI\albatross_works] "Driver"="C:\\Program Files\\Sybase\\SQL Anywhere 9\\win32\\dbodbc9.dll" "UID"="dba" "PWD"="*********" "DatabaseName"="albatross" "EngineName"="\\\\07-06-tides\\albatross_00" "AutoStop"="Yes" "Integrated"="No" "Debug"="No" "DisableMulti...

sqlanywhere vs. sqlanywhere.generel
What is the difference between the newsgroups sqlanywhere and sqlanywhere.general? Markus, There is no difference. We are working on consolidating the duplicate newsgroups. Watch for notices, it will tell you where the combined newsgroup will end up. Cheers, Jonathan Markus KARG wrote: > What is the difference between the newsgroups sqlanywhere and > sqlanywhere.general? > > -- Jonathan Baker Director, Sybase Developers Network (SDN) Sybase, Inc. http://www.sybase.com/developer bakerj@sybase.com Jonathan, in order to clarify:...

MS Index Server full text search on SQLAnywhere database?
Hi, Have anyone written filters for Microsoft's Index Server, such that it allows a web user to type in text and Index Server will connect to the SQLAnywhere database and perform full text search? Regards Michael Mok ...

Database Painter Does not let me create SqlAnywhere Database
My PC was upgraded to Win NT 4.0 I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 When I open the database Painter I no longer have the option to create a SqlAnywhere database. The ODBC drivers are there and I can connect to existing SqlAnywhere databases. I did notice that I am not able to drop any tables from these dbs in the database painter. Any Info Appreciated. Bob Make sure that the file dbtl50t.dll exists in the sqlanywhere\win32 directory. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. Techwave 20002 www.sybase.com/techwave2002 Session E179 - Advanc...

How to make application log into the SQLAnywhere server on the server
Hello, SQL Anywhere server runs on the server machine along with the application. The ODBC handle is configured such that it calls dbeng50.exe. Most of the time, my application connects to the server. But, sometimes, for unknown reason, it runs a standalone SQLAnywhere and connects to it. (Both the server and applications are usually started together.) When that happens, dbserver does not seem to accept connections from other clients running on other PCs either. Please advise what I can do to insure that the application connects to the server, not to the standalone engine. ...

How to start SQLAnywhere server w/o logging into server
SQLAnywhere 5.5.05 Windows 2000 Server I thought that maybe I could get Service Manager to do that, but it doesn't seem to work. The DB comes up fine if I'm in it. I also noticed that after it makes the service, the parameters get wiped out. The service will start up with switches that I didn't enter, and leaves out the switches that I did enter. Anybody gotten this to work? Thanks, Jack T. See the Help dbeng50w.hlp... ===== SQL Anywhere User's Guide PART 3. Using SQL Anywhere CHAPTER 29. Running Programs as Services Adding and removing SQL...

Migration from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11
Do I need to migrate the database file if i want to migrate my application from SQLAnywhere 10 to SQLAnywhere 11? or a databse file created by SQLAnywhere10 will run fine under SQLAnywhere 11? Jorge, From: http://dcx.sybase.com/index.php#http%3A%2F%2Fdcx.sybase.com%2F1100en%2Fsachanges_en11%2Fv10upgrade-up-sql-any-123456.html ======== Upgrading version 10.0.0 and later databases If you are upgrading from version 10.0.0 or later, you can either use the Upgrade utility or rebuild your database. Upgrading or rebuilding is an optional step because the version 11 software ...

Web resources about - SQLAnyWhere Database Server - sybase.sqlanywhere.general

Archives - Caelum's Blog

keynote bingo - Google Search

Datensynchronisierung - sqlanywhere

Developer Edition - sqlanywhere